• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
So I've been thinking. Wouldn't making a 6 month rule allow players to keep their spots by just entering 1 tourney every 6 months? I feel like this "rule" would need to be better formed.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So I've been thinking. Wouldn't making a 6 month rule allow players to keep their spots by just entering 1 tourney every 6 months? I feel like this "rule" would need to be better formed.
If someone is entering tournaments only every 6 months JUST to stay on this list, and they continue producing top5 results? I say that isn't a problem at all.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
If someone is trying that hard to be that inactive in Brawl while still being on this thread, just let them be on it regardless lol.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
6 months: Active ( been active for a while just fyi, but some info in here gets skewed because no one posts print screen proof or have word of mouth from said player or some crap, we're not like that anyways )

Bumping players: I will now forever take that into account. Players will be ARRANGED/PLACED by skill alone + consistency. ACTIVITY will determine if you are to be on the list at ALL.

Basically, if a person with 2 tourneys in the past 6 months vs someone with over 20 tournaments over the past 12 months; person with 2 tourneys gets below person with over 20 IF that person with over 20 has more notable wins overall, not because they entered 20 tourneys.

Dat Good?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
6 months: Active ( been active for a while just fyi, but some info in here gets skewed because no one posts print screen proof or have word of mouth from said player or some crap, we're not like that anyways )

Bumping players: I will now forever take that into account. Players will be ARRANGED/PLACED by skill alone + consistency. ACTIVITY will determine if you are to be on the list at ALL.

Basically, if a person with 2 tourneys in the past 6 months vs someone with over 20 tournaments over the past 12 months; person with 2 tourneys gets below person with over 20 IF that person with over 20 has more notable wins overall, not because they entered 20 tourneys.

Dat Good?
I approve. BTW, what does RB have over me recently?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
We should discuss that. I was close to putting you on first because of your recent accomplishments and I haven't heard much from him lately. Consistently places well in nationals is all I know about RB: for you, I know you place well all the time in your region.

Roller

Smash Legend
updates happening?

Just so you know, everyone who knows about :pika: players that has posted on the matter has agreed Anther and Pikapika should be removed for inactivity, and Captain L and either Lamb or Brick be moved up.

So.

1) ESAM
2) Z
3) K Prime
4) Captain L
5) Lamb/Brick

(I vote Lamb)

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
will
nairo
neon
mar1/gramps
esam

Is mar1 and neon few to no relevant?
if so

will
nairo
neon/esam
esam/neon
mar1/gramps

Im not sure who belongs, gramps whom I told is inactive or mar1 some active dk I dont know didly squat about.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
To go along with the inactivity rule of 6 months and keeping the list based on recent results, people shouldn't post results or wins that are older than 6 months.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
WuvS needs to be in the top 5 :yoshi2:s and the yoshi boards agree. He placed 17th of 58 at the tournament last weekend going all Yoshi. I think thats some legit results.

:phone:

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You guys really need to stop saying I "Win" tournaments with characters. I USE them during tournament for a set or two, but that's about it.

Cassio

Smash Master
We should discuss that. I was close to putting you on first because of your recent accomplishments and I haven't heard much from him lately. Consistently places well in nationals is all I know about RB: for you, I know you place well all the time in your region.
Its not like rich doesnt do well locally. He trades sets with tyrant, usually wins vs mike, and wins vs everyone else except larry. I dont think any other olimar in the US is currently capable of that. Based on MUs and players experienced vs olimar Socal is the toughest region for olimar in the US, and rich still does as well as any other olimar in the US when he makes it to events. Thats on top of having the best record at nationals for olimars (in the US).

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Its not like rich doesnt do well locally. He trades sets with tyrant, usually wins vs mike, and wins vs everyone else except larry. I dont think any other olimar in the US is currently capable of that. Based on MUs and players experienced vs olimar Socal is the toughest region for olimar in the US, and rich still does as well as any other olimar in the US when he makes it to events. Thats on top of having the best record at nationals for olimars (in the US).
Never said he didn't do well locally, what I did say was that I don't know his recent accomplishments, most notably in his region as of late... I get what you mean, so ... I'm not against keeping him in first. Just a note that Dabuz been fighting for first for a while lol.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
WuvS needs to be in the top 5 :yoshi2:s and the yoshi boards agree. He placed 17th of 58 at the tournament last weekend going all Yoshi. I think thats some legit results.

We agreed he's top 5?
Anyways, with Polt kinda inactive + Firefly not using Yoshi much. (Though he has mentioned he's finding him fun again...) The Top 5 Yoshi's is subject to change sooner or later.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
*Shrugs* Alright, we'll probably want another tournament from him so we can add him before Krys feels like updating mid/low tiers.

Right now, Until we can think of the other 2 openings, it looks like 1. Delta 2. Hades 3. Me.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Ori that was never said xD but yeah the Yoshi list should get a change soon due to what Slush said. Although, Wuvs still shouldn't be top 5 from 1 decent result when there's a good number of yoshi's with decent results.

Anyway, whatever happened to Polt? @_@

KageMurphy

Smash Master

17th of 58 is a legit result? Lmao, pathetic standards. Did he beat anyone notable at least?

:017:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Wait what? Yoshi players agreed WuvS was top 5? Since when? He posted twice showing his results and our responses were 'OMG WUVS STILL PLAYS THIS GAME' not 'yep, top 5'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom