• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Lmao, if he was on the top 5 then there'd be no reason why I wouldn't be on with my forever 13th places.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
No offense to WuvS, but there are at least 5-10 other non-Top 5 Yoshis who deserve recognition and get better placings before him.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I dont have any notable wins on top players, I've taken games off of many top players in tournament and place in the top 1/3 of almost every tournament I attend.

Many of the tournaments in the DFW scene are like this one:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=320157

13 entries in singles, 2 of them in Texas' top 5 and two of the best players from Ohio who just moved here. Any DK on the top 5 list (besides Will) would place about the same as I have.

I'm also ranked 10th in DFW which is the 2nd best city in Texas (outside of Houston of course)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271285&highlight=fort+worth

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I won a tournament using mk. Dojo should have my old spot on the ICs list and I should have his old spot on the mk one! :p.

Edit: Seriously though Dojo should probably be top 5 IC's if he can beat Denti that badly with them.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
If 6 months is the window for inactivity, I probably shouldn't be removed from the Yoshi list just yet. I took a break from him for...a month and a half now (I just entered tournaments with different characters instead of not entering at all, which shouldn't make a difference IMO), and I plan to use mainly Yoshi again at my next monthly in a couple weeks. I will be using secondaries though, so IDK how much that'll affect my placing. I feel like I'd probably be a contender for 5th, below burntsocks.

As for Polt, he shouldn't be removed unless we want to make an exception for him, since he did get 33rd at Apex, and that was only 2.5 months ago...

:005:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
6 months for a list that isn't official is a bit much.
So I doubt krys will be doing that, along with the fact it's almost April which'll mark 3 months since APEX, while also being off smashboards since February. (Talking about Polt)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, you were actually 5th right after WHOBO for a pretty long time.
And Dojo's ICs are sick, they definitely deserve to be at least top 5.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm sorry but I laughed so hard at this^ I dunno why LOL

Anyways I don't think Polt will be removed unless he doesn't show activity until like say june or some crap...

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
6 months for a list that isn't official is a bit much.
So I doubt krys will be doing that, along with the fact it's almost April which'll mark 3 months since APEX, while also being off smashboards since February. (Talking about Polt)
Umvc3 took him away from us... :( Btw we should bring up the old TFY thread.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Because even Ganondorfs need to Top 5 at an event to be realized.
Clearly. :applejack:
Nope, didn't say that clown but Yoshi has good match ups and can beat higher tiers, its been proven(even a Ganon won an event) so getting 17th outta 58 is nothing impressive. I mean, at least having a notable win helps, just handing out top 5 to people to fill slots is terrible.

:017:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Umvc3 took him away from us... :( Btw we should bring up the old TFY thread.

Going through 12341903 tournament results and who beat who, along with notable people in their region/in the OoC tournament... too much work.
If the others want too, that's fine by me. I'd just need help revamping the thread.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Going through 12341903 tournament results and who beat who, along with notable people in their region/in the OoC tournament... too much work.
If the others want too, that's fine by me. I'd just need help revamping the thread.
Tournament results shouldn't affect it too much imo. The most important thing are notable wins.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Your Pit did pretty much the same though. Won a game. Got 3 stocked the next on my neutral. Then lost the set in a close match on Brinstar. Pit was only 3 games compared to the 5 we did overall with your Oli, but it was relatively the same.

Regardless, I've never really cared about any list. I know what I'm capable of when I put my best effort into this game.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nope, didn't say that clown but Yoshi has good match ups and can beat higher tiers, its been proven(even a Ganon won an event) so getting 17th outta 58 is nothing impressive. I mean, at least having a notable win helps, just handing out top 5 to people to fill slots is terrible.

:017:
Wait, you were serious?
And somehow I'm the clown. Right. :applejack:

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Your Pit did pretty much the same though. Won a game. Got 3 stocked the next on my neutral. Then lost the set in a close match on Brinstar. Pit was only 3 games compared to the 5 we did overall with your Oli, but it was relatively the same.

Regardless, I've never really cared about any list. I know what I'm capable of when I put my best effort into this game.
not to mention no one knows truly how to fight pit anyways ¬_¬

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
not to mention no one knows truly how to fight pit anyways ¬_¬
Remember last time we played in tournament? LOL and that was me being rusty. I've had so much random pit experience >_>.

Also Denti, IMO it's only -1 for Olimar. I used to think it was -3, then -2, and now I think -1 lol. Olimars have made a lot of improvements in that match-up. I also think you are an impressive win for dojo considering the matches I watched of last time you two played.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Dojo should probably go on before Roller and after you, Lux. But hey. You'll get to really show why you shouldn't be T-5 IC if you go to Cincinnati. But I think somehow you'll show the opposite.

Anyway, if Wuvs is even remotely being considered for a T-5 Yoshi, I would be very surprised. He's not even the best Yoshi in his tri-state area (Indiana, Ohio, Michigan) since I'm almost completely sure that MX is better and know Hades is. APEX alone, MX took a game (almost took a set, but I guess that doesn't matter) off of Tyrant.

Unfort, his win on John#'s in that pool was Fox instead of Yoshi.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dojo should probably go on before Roller and after you, Lux. But hey. You'll get to really show why you shouldn't be T-5 IC if you go to Cincinnati. But I think somehow you'll show the opposite.
I agree with this actually from how lux was playing at apex.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Vinnie/Kakera/9b/Nietono think that ICs vs Olimar is even, but I personally think it is -1 for Olimar and Nietono is just godlike at the MU.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
There are like, 5 other Yoshis that are borderline top 5 material, and have been reporting their results for a lot longer than Wuvs has. Not to discredit the guy, and I really hope he keeps improving, but he still has a lot of work to do.

:005:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom