• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yo Reyth. Why did your Tblock vote become serious? Thoughts on Nicholas too.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey video, does RVS have no meaning for you? I never expected the Overswarm vote to actually do anything, it was a joke.

@Ran
I hadn't made up my mind on a course of action yet regarding T-block, so I simply pointed out the idea is likely to backfire, and left it at that.

@T-block
Yes, it was a pressure vote, I'm not going to pretend I'm 100% certain (or even remotely confident) on scum a couple pages into the game. Someone please inform me when pressure voting became scummy. That's what 90% of getting out of RVS is, people just usually don't mention the pressure aspect in-post. I'm somewhat annoyed at the wagon on me, it pretty much blew up any shot at getting more info from T-block.

@nabe
Well, it's not a smart idea and I'm pretty sure he was serious, so dumb or scum would be my evaluation.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Actually, I've played with kat before (more than once if memory serves. DBZ was awesome.) I think this is my first game with the other half though.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@T-block
Yes, it was a pressure vote, I'm not going to pretend I'm 100% certain (or even remotely confident) on scum a couple pages into the game. Someone please inform me when pressure voting became scummy. That's what 90% of getting out of RVS is, people just usually don't mention the pressure aspect in-post. I'm somewhat annoyed at the wagon on me, it pretty much blew up any shot at getting more info from T-block.
What do you think of the people who wagon voted, and of SoupKat's vote?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
SK, do you think Nich could've been calling dumb or scum on T-block for the sake of being demoralizing and defacing? (DaD henceforth) I ask because I know this is your first game with Nich and thus I shouldn't get meta.
Just wondering how you knew it was his first game with Nich. Nick. Whichever.

vg.jpg brings up a good question wrt July on her ability to read ran, i like that, carry on~
but it's extremely null!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Don't even mention FE, Nabe. ARGH no-flips.

On a more constructive note, I don't have a problem with ran, he brings up a good point about me not voting T-block earlier, my pressure vote would have been more effective had I done it then.

Video seems decent as well, I like his aggressive style. I'm a bit iffy on pressure votes being scummy though. Does he really think I'm scum trying for a mislynch just a few pages into the game?

T-block is the one my radar would go closest to scum on. Wagon jumping doesn't mean much this early in the game, and he uses the same pressure vote = scum thing. Also, it feels a bit off that the wagon on him suddenly disappeared and pressure shifted to me so quickly. If he ends up scum I'll likely give Video and Ran's votes a lot more thought.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
OS, when you said time travel, i didn't want paradoxes!

This T-block/Nich thing is such a paradox.

T-block gets voted for scummy play, but Nich gets voted for voting T-block for his scummy play, vg.jpg brings up a point on mod vote for RVS (hint, hint) and that he is sheeping his vote, when T-block does THE SAME exact thing for nich?!?!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hey video, does RVS have no meaning for you? I never expected the Overswarm vote to actually do anything, it was a joke.

@Ran
I hadn't made up my mind on a course of action yet regarding T-block, so I simply pointed out the idea is likely to backfire, and left it at that.

@T-block

@nabe
Well, it's not a smart idea and I'm pretty sure he was serious, so dumb or scum would be my evaluation.
At the time you didn't seem like you were interested in Tblock's alignment. Why didn't you call him dumb or scum at that time? Also do you know he hasn't played an OS setup before?

Yes, why openly say you are going to pressure him? That lets them know before hand that it's not a serious vote (to get them lynched).

#HBC | Nabe

Too much caffeine, I feel busy as a bee.

Nich, VG did express some aversion to you being so obvious about an ML. He voted anyway, but that's no stranger than saying T-block is likely dumb over scum and voting anyway, wouldn't you agree?

Do you think T-block is OMGUSing? i.e. you don't think what he said is valid?

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
To be honest here, i think Nich is the less scummy of the latter, Night-discussion is a no-no and even though Nich is apologizing for his actions (which is AtE) it's not as bad as what T-block has done.

Furthermore, the meta here is out of wack for T-block too, i would expect T-block to take a more subtle approach to the game, but instead he releases with a balls-to-the-wall idea that doesn't make sense, while it's great to think of the box, it's something you shouldn't think about.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ran
No, aside from a few vets (such as yourself, Nabe, and Kat), I have basically no meta info on most of the players in this game.

Regarding the pressure vote, how many votes in this stage of the game are with intent to lynch? It's implied. I figured I'd be upfront about the fact I was looking for more info. It still carries pressure, as a bad reaction could easily change it from a pressure vote to a "normal" vote with intent to lynch.

@Nabe
I've explained my pressure vote by now. Regarding video's mention about scum rarely being obvious, I'm beginning to get the feeling he's done basically what I did, but not in so many words. (ie: He doesn't have a strong scum read on me, but what I did struck him as odd, and so it's a pressure vote for more info.)

And I almost completely ignore oh-my-gosh-you-suck in votes, unless there's absolutely no reasoning whatsoever behind them.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@SK
Hm? The pressure vote is what got me the most heat, and I haven't apologized for that at all.

T-block

B2B TST
Nicholas, you whine about how your vote was only used for pressure, and now you have pressure votes placed on yourself and you're lashing out. A bit hypocritical, no?

You said "Also, it feels a bit off that the wagon on him suddenly disappeared" implying that the disappearing wagon somehow made me scum? Or are you just looking for a way to shift pressure back off of you?

I voted you not for your vote on me per se, but because
a) the timing of it was scummy; you were clearly voting me for my mechanics talk earlier, yet the vote only comes after two other votes had been cast
b) you left back doors on your vote; if I ended up getting mislynched, you can point at that post and say that the vote was just for pressure, and that you thought it was just bad play rather than scum play

T-block gets voted for scummy play, but Nich gets voted for voting T-block for his scummy play, vg.jpg brings up a point on mod vote for RVS (hint, hint) and that he is sheeping his vote, when T-block does THE SAME exact thing for nich?!?!
This makes no sense. I'm not sheeping anything. I was the first to vote Nicholas.

#HBC | Nabe

It's still a no-no, that's speculation and on top of it is a bit of fishing, Night actions pertain to PR's, just as mechanics pertain to them also.
Nothing of the sort. T-block raised a scenario about a vig as an example of how the mechanics are different. It's not dangerous to be mindful of the mechanics (certainly not scummy either) and as he said, roles will play a part and discussion of them. I would go a step further and say that'll happen earlier rather than later.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Okay, we're clear now, i re-read and saw the OMGUS.

but i would still like to talk about it, it's interesting, i sorta got carried up about all that was going around me.

Alright, so T-block OMGUS votes Nich, Ran makes a pressure vote point, Vg.jpg agrees with that and votes Nich (with his first vote being T-block for obvious reasons) and here we are.

that makes alot better sense.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nicholas, you whine about how your vote was only used for pressure, and now you have pressure votes placed on yourself and you're lashing out. A bit hypocritical, no?
NOW we're getting somewhere. :) I defy you to point out how I've been "lashing out". Additionally, given your completely antagonistic attitude (and the fact that we were leaving RVS), I think your vote on me could be classified as a little harder than lashing out.

You said "Also, it feels a bit off that the wagon on him suddenly disappeared" implying that the disappearing wagon somehow made me scum? Or are you just looking for a way to shift pressure back off of you?
You seem to be reading a lot more into my posts then I actually wrote. I meant what I said, it felt a bit off that the wagon on you dropped off and people flocked to me for pressure voting you. It's something more for future connections should you flip scum then to actually incriminate you, actually.

[QUOTE[
I voted you not for your vote on me per se, but because
a) the timing of it was scummy; you were clearly voting me for my mechanics talk earlier, yet the vote only comes after two other votes had been cast
b) you left back doors on your vote; if I ended up getting mislynched, you can point at that post and say that the vote was just for pressure, and that you thought it was just bad play rather than scum play
[/QUOTE]
a) So, a wagon in what's at least semi-RVS is scummy? I figured that by adding a little more pressure to the wagon I'd get some more info out of you. What happened wasn't exactly what I intended, but I've gotten my info alright. :)
b) Look, I quite clearly said the vote was for pressure. If I just left it on you (without later stating more info on it changing to a "real" vote) and you got lynched, that would be a major red flag for anyone with a brain.

@Nabe
Is T-block a newbie, or has he played before?

#HBC | Nabe

@Nabe
Is T-block a newbie, or has he played before?
Not at all. He played in a game I hosted, and several others for sure.

Came in with excitement ^^;

better now, let's get cracking.

Alright, i see your point Nabe, but i still don't like it.
You don't like it? I don't think that's a valid option since what I said pretty much invalidates the reasoning that came with your vote.

You see my point so kindly reiterate it. What am I getting at, and what's left not to like?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nabe, I'm going to ask you for a bit more meta. When T-block was town in the games he's played with (I assume you've seen him as town at least once), was he easily rattled, or more collected?

Top Bottom