• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
Game's gonna be sickkkk. Understanding Night actions is gonna be crazy though haha.

Mmm.... could night action discussion have more of a place in this game than in others? I'm trying to figure out how to approach this new mechanic. Looks like it could help, but maybe not.

Laundry sex dance, what the hell is that song
This post is what i was referring to, i looked at it before i jumped off, when you mentioned the Vig point, i looked back and saw it and felt it held good merit but doesn't erase this one.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe, I'm going to ask you for a bit more meta. When T-block was town in the games he's played with (I assume you've seen him as town at least once), was he easily rattled, or more collected?
In the game I modded, he was VT and I would call him fairly collected. Some of the other players in this game would be better for T-block meta than me, I don't think I've played with him.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hm. SK would be a gut read for me, but I'm feeling townie on him. His rapid-fire posting seems legit to me, and I like how he identified T-block's second point in 151 as Wifom. Regarding the discussion, I've been focused elsewhere, but it feels profitable enough to me.

Anyway, thanks for the comment on town T-block's meta. I think that'll come in handy in the future.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like Nabe.

I don't like Soup.

@Nich: Well it makes it seem like you are afraid of an omgus attack, so therefore you vote saying it's only for pressure. Your vote was fence sitty and I didn't like it. IGMEOY

Vote: SoupaKat

1. He argues with Nabe about the speculation being a no no, Nabe refutes, and he still says he doesn't like it, but why? He also tries to pin T-block as sheeping when he was the first vote. It seems like he was digging for things to pin on T but made a mistake and would have to double back to attack him in another way. How? He has to force through Nabe's point and pretend like Tblock's action is still scummy is in his eyes, to seem town. Don't like it at all.

@Soup: Thoughts on Nicholas and Nabe?
@Nich: Thoughts on Soup and Nabe?
@Everyone: Thoughts on Reyth not posting a reason for his RVS vote becoming serious, yet he viewed thread twice?
@Tblock:: Thoughts on Soup and Nabe?

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
@Nabe
Have you not been reading what i have been saying? it's night discussion, simple as that, there is no reason to talk about it until it comes up, it's fishing, i don't care if you clarify what you meant but there was no point to bring it up at all, and the discussion it generates would be justifiably null too, just like talking about mechanics are.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP:

@Nabe: Thoughts on Soup and Tblock?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Everyone: Thoughts on Reyth not posting a reason for his RVS vote becoming serious, yet he viewed thread twice?

Just in case anyone has missed this

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Phone johns, i still had to re-read at the time but things were going on so it faltered it, i read the surface but mixed up my thoughts because i was in that rapid-fire mode, i looked back and saw my mistake, but i stand by my T-block point, whether you want to call it as "reaching to make t-block look scummy" is your gander.

#HBC | Nabe

@SK: What T-block said isn't fishing. Period. I'm not suggesting it's a town tell but it's not scummy by any stretch. If he spent the rest of the game playing Advice Dog and Mechanic Moose, then yeah, scummy. But it was fair to say what he did, and he let go of it without posting further.

@Ran: Leaning scum on SK and null on T-block. T-block feels like himself from what little I've seen in other games, and I like his original points. Soup feels off. He and Nich are on similar tracks but Nich's fits better, he's always aggressive and quick to the hunt. I don't know why Soup is persisting in his T-block vote.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Regarding Reyth, considering the short time span, I don't thing it's a big deal. He might have been viewing on his iphone or something, for instance. Anyway, I think the reason his vote became serious was obvious, but I won't elaborate unless you want me to (since it would defeat the point of the question).

I have a soft-town read on both nabe and SK at the moment. I already explained the SK one, but regarding nabe, he seems to be a rather solid contributor, without being in the forefront. Considering how he was rather lurkish (and I barely noticed him at all) in FE where he was mafia, it's a good sign, IMO.

Anyway, I stand by my vote being for pressure, not much else to say about that.

(This will likely be my last post for tonight, it's getting late over here)

T-block

B2B TST
Okay, we're clear now, i re-read and saw the OMGUS.

but i would still like to talk about it, it's interesting, i sorta got carried up about all that was going around me.

Alright, so T-block OMGUS votes Nich, Ran makes a pressure vote point, Vg.jpg agrees with that and votes Nich (with his first vote being T-block for obvious reasons) and here we are.

that makes alot better sense.
It's not really OMGUS. I voted him because I thought he was scummy. It just happened to be the vote against me that I thought was scummy. Others have agreed.

I need to proofread more. What I meant to say is that his vote could be classified as a "real" one moreso than a pressure one. XD
You're the scummiest player in the game for me now, so my vote's on you. It is a D1 vote, but it's as real as it gets.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Since T-block replied so quickly, one more post...

Nicholas, you whine about how your vote was only used for pressure, and now you have pressure votes placed on yourself and you're lashing out. A bit hypocritical, no?
You're the scummiest player in the game for me now, so my vote's on you. It is a D1 vote, but it's as real as it gets.
I think the quotes speak for themselves. By the way, you still haven't identified me lashing out like you claimed I was.

#HBC | Nabe

WIFOM point in 151, abritrary OMGUS of Nich, and meta reasons, which i have explained, they're a bit scrambled but you can find them.
The points themselves are for T-block to respond to at this point; what you're expressing now has body compared to your prior points and isn't wrong out-of-hand.

I find it unsettling that you're extending your prior vote onto posts after it, after begrudgingly admitting that I'm right about the mechanics posts which were your original vote reasoning. Hoping to see new directions from your slot tomorrow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Nich: No, I want him to elaborate, thank you for asking.

I can't find where you explained your soft town read on Soupakat, can you link me? I agree on Nabe. I really liked his input and Soup is looking worse because of it. I am not basing meta on Nabe because I have seen him a bit lurkish as town too, such as Inception, and Newb 11. : [

@Tblock: Answer me. Thoughts on Soup and Nabe? Also Reyth.
@Nabe: Thank you for answering. I agree, I have seen Tblock act this way. I'm sure others know too, but I can't say. Yeah Soup's persistence is eww.

T-block

B2B TST
Lashing out was probably too strong of a term. I was mostly referring to this post.

Yes, it was a pressure vote, I'm not going to pretend I'm 100% certain (or even remotely confident) on scum a couple pages into the game. Someone please inform me when pressure voting became scummy. That's what 90% of getting out of RVS is, people just usually don't mention the pressure aspect in-post. I'm somewhat annoyed at the wagon on me, it pretty much blew up any shot at getting more info from T-block.
Sarcasm in the "someone please inform me", which might just be your posting style. Then you say you're somewhat annoyed at the wagon on you, as it prevented you from getting information from me, yet you don't acknowledge that the votes on you might give us information on you as well.

Before you jump on me for that paragraph, yes, my vote on you is "real". I think the way you distinguish between real votes and pressure votes is silly. Real votes are pressure votes at this point in the game. To dismiss your vote as a pressure vote is just being non-commital.

T-block

B2B TST
Soup is null as always. I think he's being silly, but townSoup does that as well.
Nabe is cool... totally fine with him since he seems to see where I'm coming from.
Reyth hasn't done anything. I don't know why you would expect me to have anything on him.

T-block

B2B TST
@Soup:

I'm not seeing the WIFOM in 151. You'll have to point it out to me.

It's only OMGUS in that I happened to vote him after he voted me. It's important to note that I did not vote him BECAUSE he voted me. I voted him because he placed a vote in a scummy way. I would have done the same if he did it to someone else - why should I not be allowed to vote someone for being scummy just because he voted me before?

Screw meta - I'm still learning this game and trying new things. My playstyle is going to change a lot -_-

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
I only like one half of every hydra slot in this game. :(
You still love me, right?

Hm... Not sure what to think on T-block. It's dumb or scum for sure, but it strikes me more as a dumb-tell than a scum tell. I think a little pressure for further info might be informative here.

Vote: T-block
Isn't it beautifully ****ign ******** how you suspect T-block might be dumb followed by a pressure vote where you tell him its a pressure vote - how can you not see how redundant that is????

@T-block: Deal with it when it comes to it, otherwise shut up about PRs and things of that ilk

@July: I taught you how to (initially play scum), have you got better at it since then?

Regarding the pressure vote, how many votes in this stage of the game are with intent to lynch? It's implied. I figured I'd be upfront about the fact I was looking for more info. It still carries pressure, as a bad reaction could easily change it from a pressure vote to a "normal" vote with intent to lynch.
Hey Nich, in a few lines time I'm going to scare you by posting something

BOO!

Did I scare ya? Nope? Perhaps I shouldn't have warned you ahead of time...

@Nabe
I've explained my pressure vote by now. Regarding video's mention about scum rarely being obvious, I'm beginning to get the feeling he's done basically what I did, but not in so many words. (ie: He doesn't have a strong scum read on me, but what I did struck him as odd, and so it's a pressure vote for more info.)
Hurr Durr we're definitely the same as you

Nicholas, you whine about how your vote was only used for pressure, and now you have pressure votes placed on yourself and you're lashing out. A bit hypocritical, no?

You said "Also, it feels a bit off that the wagon on him suddenly disappeared" implying that the disappearing wagon somehow made me scum? Or are you just looking for a way to shift pressure back off of you?

I voted you not for your vote on me per se, but because
a) the timing of it was scummy; you were clearly voting me for my mechanics talk earlier, yet the vote only comes after two other votes had been cast
b) you left back doors on your vote; if I ended up getting mislynched, you can point at that post and say that the vote was just for pressure, and that you thought it was just bad play rather than scum play
In this case do you think Hypocritical = Scum??

do you think people need to leave backdoors in their first vote in D1? Even if he did leave a back door, what would be the point? People don't get MLed within 24hours of start of D1 so there's no reason he'd need to leave a back door to avoid heat?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hello X1 head. Can you read July, knowing that you taught her the ropes?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmm, good point. Get back to me once she answers than. ;) I will give some thoughts too after she does.

July

Smash Apprentice
Wow this game took off really fast.

Unvote

I was referring more to later stages in the game, but I pretty much agree.

Let me rephrase: should town as a whole approach this mechanic any differently? Does it affect our lynch choices?

For example, if we have a claimed vig who can time travel, we might consider having the vig kill our lynch choice on a future night if we want the lynchee to be able to survive for a bit longer, but don't want to have to worry about him, etc. etc. On a more fundamental level, is there any way it could affect who we pressure?

The whole mechanic is very interesting, and I hope everyone is thinking about the possibilities.
I don't think that it should affect our lynch choices or that it should have a major role in who we pressure, the main idea is not to let the mechanic get in the way of scumhunting.

@July: Your RVS vote doesn't surprise me. How well can you read Ran?
I can read Ran pretty well, and I'm usually very confident in my read on Ran by the end of D1.

To be honest here, i think Nich is the less scummy of the latter, Night-discussion is a no-no and even though Nich is apologizing for his actions (which is AtE) it's not as bad as what T-block has done.

Furthermore, the meta here is out of wack for T-block too, i would expect T-block to take a more subtle approach to the game, but instead he releases with a balls-to-the-wall idea that doesn't make sense, while it's great to think of the box, it's something you shouldn't think about.
Night discussion is usually a no-no because it creates wifom, but this was more about mechanics. I don't think there is anything to gain from a discussion of mechanics yet but I don't find T-Block's question about it particularly scummy. Bad Idea 4 Mafia had a very lengthy discussion about mechanics in the beginning that involved both town and scum, so I don't see it reads as null to me.

Also, is that meta on T-Block based off Pizza Mafia?

You said "Also, it feels a bit off that the wagon on him suddenly disappeared" implying that the disappearing wagon somehow made me scum? Or are you just looking for a way to shift pressure back off of you?

I voted you not for your vote on me per se, but because
a) the timing of it was scummy; you were clearly voting me for my mechanics talk earlier, yet the vote only comes after two other votes had been cast
b) you left back doors on your vote; if I ended up getting mislynched, you can point at that post and say that the vote was just for pressure, and that you thought it was just bad play rather than scum play
I like your first point, the delayed vote was suspicious. Second point is meh, if you were lynched and flipped town and Nich was on that wagon, saying it was just bad play or that his vote was just pressure would not help his case at all. The "back doors" on his vote are more important if his read on you changes significantly, then I will reconsider his dumb v. scum comment.

I don't think the viewing and not posting is an issue at this point, I would like to hear his reason for his RVS vote becoming serious though.

@Nabe
Have you not been reading what i have been saying? it's night discussion, simple as that, there is no reason to talk about it until it comes up, it's fishing, i don't care if you clarify what you meant but there was no point to bring it up at all, and the discussion it generates would be justifiably null too, just like talking about mechanics are.
The question was more about mechanics than night discussion, and as I said earlier I don't think you can label it as a scum or town tell.

Do you think that T-Block's motive was anti-town or aimed at rolefishing? Do you think scum generally would be that straightforward asking about the mechanics and strategy?

@July: I taught you how to (initially play scum), have you got better at it since then?
You did teach me to play scum initially :) and I would like to think I've gotten better at it since then from watching players like Kuz and J as scum and playing with Gheb in Pizza as indy lovers. But then I'd like to think I've gotten better all-around since Newb 11.

Vote: SoupaKatamari

Between Soup and Nich I feel both could use some pressure.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@July: Did you not read why Nich got heat? (The pressure thing, although the wagoning late was there too, but I specifically mean the pressure vote in your case)

Why essentially are you voting Soupakat? Reads on Nich, Nabe, and Tblock?

@Tblock: Thank you. When you have a better read on Soup and Nabe, get back to me. Especially on Soup.

Don't gripe about Reyth, I was asking since he has been viewing the thread a bit and I wanted thoughts no his RVS becoming serious, don't you want to know why he said that?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
EBWOP:

"I wanted thoughts on his RVS becoming serious,"

July

Smash Apprentice
@July: Did you not read why Nich got heat? (The pressure thing, although the wagoning late was there too, but I specifically mean the pressure vote in your case)

Why essentially are you voting Soupakat? Reads on Nich, Nabe, and Tblock?
Yes, I read that Nich got heat, and I feel that it is deserved because his interactions with T-Block have been suspicious and really inconsistent. The pressure vote thing really didn't bother me, at this point most votes are pressure votes considering we haven't even heard from the entire player list yet.

I'm voting SoupaKat because I dislike his reaction to T-Block's question as well, mostly the fact that he's framing it as Night speculation when its really more mechanics and taking it as scummy when really I can't see it as more than a null tell. I find Nich suspicious and want to hear more from him as well but my vote can only go on one person and right now I want to hear more from Soup.

I'm not liking Nich so far, for the above stated reasons the delayed vote on T-Block for mechanics being one of them. I like Nabe so far, he's been asking good questions and he's been getting into questions of motivation and reasoning which I really like and makes me think he's legitimately scumhunting. T-Block I tentatively like, most of my read on him is based on his interactions with other people so far, in which I find him to come out townier than Soup and Nich. On his own he has brought up some good points on Nich, and the only other thing that really stands out is the mechanics question.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
There is no need to say the vote is for pressure. If 'all votes are for pressure at this point in time' why openly state that before voting? I asked you this because you said you were fine with soup/nich getting pressured, and didn't really give a reason for voting Soup, and that worried me. (Thus why I asked you for your reason on Soup and reads)

I also hope that you rely only on Tblock's actions to get a read on him (for now), instead of reading him through interactions D1. I mean keep those interactions in mind, but keep them in your notes until after D2.

@Questions:
Thoughts on Videogame.jpg(Asdioh/X1)? Thank you for clarifying on your Soup vote and reads. I agree with the Soup vote. Only thing that needs clarification is the Nich inconsistency. Explain how it is inconsistent to you.

This will be the last I ask from you Today. It takes you a while to give content, so I try to squeeze as much as I can from you. :cool:

July

Smash Apprentice
There is no need to say the vote is for pressure. If 'all votes are for pressure at this point in time' why openly state that before voting? I asked you this because you said you were fine with soup/nich getting pressured, and didn't really give a reason for voting Soup, and that worried me. (Thus why I asked you for your reason on Soup and reads)

I also hope that you rely only on Tblock's actions to get a read on him (for now), instead of reading him through interactions D1. I mean keep those interactions in mind, but keep them in your notes until after D2.

@Questions:
Thoughts on Videogame.jpg(Asdioh/X1)? Thank you for clarifying on your Soup vote and reads. I agree with the Soup vote. Only thing that needs clarification is the Nich inconsistency. Explain how it is inconsistent to you.

This will be the last I ask from you Today. It takes you a while to give content, so I try to squeeze as much as I can from you. :cool:
Not all votes, most. I only stated that after voting and after being asked about Nich's pressure vote, but its pretty much common sense; at this point votes are to get a read on someone, to get more info from them, not voting with the intent to get that person lynched. Also I don't mind clarifying my reads but my Soup vote was never without reason, I stated my discontent with his play throughout that post, as well as my issues with Nich's play so far.

I will rely on T-Block's actions for their own worth, I was just being honest and stating that most of my read on him is based off his interactions with others, so I tentatively like him but obviously I need to see more from him to get a solid read.

I have no problem with videogame.jpg's play so far, most of the posts I remember from him have been in reference to Nich and are posts I generally agree with, too early to have a strong read on him tbh.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hello Khangas Khan. I am assuming this is the Vandy head. (Due to it being super early xD)

Nice to see you again. I do hope you will give thoughts soon. : D Sure, I have seen your play in Super heroes, but we didn't really interact much there. I will expect much from you.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
How his responding to accusations made at you scummy? It doesn't read like Nich was "lashing out" at all to me.

What's weird to me (and kudos to those who already said this) is that Nich prefaces his "pressure vote" by openly stating it is a pressure vote. @Nich: wouldn't this defeat the purpose of a "pressure" vote in the first place? If your target knows you don't really consider them that scummy, you're probably not going to provoke much of reaction from them.

Apart from this niggle, I'm sort of ok with Nich and in his defence most of the other accusations thrown at him are a bit whacked.

Also I thought it was obvious why Reyth said he was serious about his vote.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
EBWOP: How is*

Hello Khangas Khan. I am assuming this is the Vandy head. (Due to it being super early xD)

Nice to see you again. I do hope you will give thoughts soon. : D Sure, I have seen your play in Super heroes, but we didn't really interact much there. I will expect much from you.
This is actually a common time for our european friends to be online, but yeah it's 8:40pm at night on the other side of the globe

Top Bottom