• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
The top two posters in the thread need to chill out and think about whether or not there post needs to be made, but I don't want to halt anything. Especially at this point where there's certainly information on the table that needs looking at. Especially considering it's allowing scum more time to regroup.

@Reyth - Half of me is Broto.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Yeah even I am finding it a bit hard to keep up in this game without keeping a constant watch and I just can't do that lately. I agree with DeGrey though to halt posting is bad but people just need to calm down. I left for like 3 hours and we have about 3 pages?

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
What do people think about halting posts for a day? We still have a while before the day ends so a day wont hurt. I'm not the only one behind and we really need to let people catch up on everything. Activity is great, we know that, but when it gets to a point where a third (or more?) of the players have to skim/skip over stuff in order to stay caught up, it becomes anti-town.
I love you Zen.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
In case you haven't noticed I have. Let's all keep it down and watch PLSD catch up.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
What do people think about halting posts for a day? We still have a while before the day ends so a day wont hurt. I'm not the only one behind and we really need to let people catch up on everything. Activity is great, we know that, but when it gets to a point where a third (or more?) of the players have to skim/skip over stuff in order to stay caught up, it becomes anti-town.
Absolutely. At the very least, Ran and particularly Reyth need to tone it down a lot. Reyth, if you didn't know, if you're looking at the dgames forum page, you can click on the number of posts for this game to see how many posts each poster has. You have 351, whereas I only have 83 and I consider myself fairly active. Just think about that for a bit. It's nice that you're obvtown and all, but there's a point that's too much :c

It's bad when two players consolidate for nearly half the posts in the game. I love a lot of content from a player but it really does help scum when two players are so aggravatingly active that they can hide behind all the **** those players put out.

Anyway, on second thought I'm going to extend my challenge to T-block to everyone voting me. Outline why I'm scummy. Yes, I know about the whole pressure vote thing, but aside from that, I have not seen one semi-legit accusation out of the lot of you. So prove that you guys have some actual reasoning. Also, do it IN YOUR OWN WORDS, don't just quote someone and go "I agree with this guy's case".
You're incredibly indecisive about your read on FreeBlock. You put a vote on him for pressure but nowhere have you made it decisively clear that you find him scummy. I mean, in your 177, you stand by your vote being for pressure, not because you find him scummy. By that time, you definitely had a reaction to go from, yet you weren't moving it nor were you committing to FreeBlock as scum. I strongly, strongly, strongly disliked the fact that you were worming your way out of a stance despite looking like you were applying pressure.

That's why I find you scummy.

Back to my reread.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@PLSD
That was in response to Ran's 167 about my pressure vote, I meant the vote was originally for pressure, by then it had switched to a "real" vote.

Also, I'm fine with slowing down activity-wise for a day. I could use the breather, this game has been sucking up a lot of my time.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Dude, my Touhou Mafia ran 9 days and this game is already halfway there. The highest post count players in that game (half of .JPG was one of them) had ~450 posts. The magnitude of the replies in this thread just sunk in. Hot damn, this is insane.

I like it.

Kuz/Laundry hydra, since Swiss, TBlock, and myself are town, I think in the interest of fairness, you must be scum. Overswarm wouldn't let a scum team get ***** that bad. What do you think of my town list?
Maaaaaan.

I agree with your town reads list though, at this point. The entire wagon on FreeBlock is just weird to me. Hick said he couldn't find any reason for him to be scum but I don't see any reason for FreeBlock to be scum. He's made good points to back up his suspicions and I never saw what made him that scummy in the first place, other than minor set-up speculation in a game hosted by a guy that ***** people who speculate the setup, which I don't read as that scummy.

Swiss is obvtown and I'm not immediately disliking your posts when I read them. You know what I mean by that.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Moderator's note: I will be V/LA for the most part this weekend, starting Thursday afternoon, due to MLG Anaheim. I'll try to contribute when I have time, but I rarely will until the end of the day and then I'll likely be tired.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Moderator's note: I will be V/LA for the most part this weekend, starting Thursday afternoon, due to MLG Anaheim. I'll try to contribute when I have time, but I rarely will until the end of the day and then I'll likely be tired.
Will you be able to keep up with votecounts? Not mad if you can't, but I'd like to know what to expect.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
^I was actually looking at that too Asdioh. Keep in mind that Ranmaru read the whole game of DKR.
I didn't read the whole thing. Mostly the beginning, and the end.

@Ran: On this "Bold Leadership" how does the town know about this? Explain how this role would work for us??
I don't know. I didn't ask the mod for clarification yet, but I would have before using it. I was assuming it might, but I would have announced it during the day.

Important Note:

Picture and flavor, are you Captain Kirk from the 2009 movie or the original Star Trek.
Looked it up, it's Kirk from the original. In fact I always loved going back and looking at Kirk, it was cool. :D

--------------

Oh yeah and I won't post either sorry. : D I'll be reading.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Thanks for that. Not as certain as I was, but still pretty annoyed.

The entire plot of the 2009 movie was some Romulan traveled back in time after his planet was destroyed through some black hole plot device. He then starts looking for James T. Kirk and Spock in order to ruin their lives. He almost succeeds, but gets thwarted, but his interference creates an alternate timeline so it can be canonish.

If that's my scum, then Ran is dead anyway.

I still don't want to lynch him.

Discuss.

@PLSD: Where are you? Can you please comment on something and also give some scum-picks.
Both heads were V/LA. I was up north, Kuz was doing ****all.

At this point in the game, my scum reads are:

Hick, though that's kinda getting better as the rate he's appearing in my notes has decreased. He handled the FreeBlock wagon really wrong and I don't trust it.

Ran. At a couple of points in my notes, the phrase "This is not PF Ran" has shown up. While I wouldn't lynch on meta or gut, I don't like the way he's been just kinda sitting on things, not really as active or pressuring as townRan. The flip off July to Vidja was grody and somewhat hypocritical since he was pressuring July for flipping off SoupaKat despite still having her eye on him. It was a good point but he completely ruined it by doing the exact same thing.

And Zen hasn't posted **** for content yet so I want him gone.

For comments? I see the vidja wagon and I don't agree with it. There are a couple of fair points but townAsidoh doesn't get into the game until a bit later in D1 or D2. Him blending in the background and seems fitting after carrying him for most of D1 in ****tales. We'll see if he improves or not, but if he doesn't, I'm more okay with his lynch. X1's play certainly isn't doing them any favors. Get back to me on this, there's still 30 gogdamn pages for me to go through.

EBWOP: "not as active or pressuring as townRan." townRan will go out of his way to ask a gogdamn question in every post. He'll be pushing people for reads and comments on everything because his rapidfire posts are really good at catching people in their inconsistency. But he hasn't done that. He's asked for comments on certain players from certain people, but then never really followed through with it. He nearly caught me as scum for this in PF, it seems only fitting that I should do the same.

This is completely independent of current game scenarios.

Swiss

Smash Lord
K.

Re-reading tonight.

No idea what's happened apart from someone claimed a guity?

Skimftw.

Might end up lynching Reyth, Nich or Nabe just to cut down on the post counts. Anyone else down with this? It's really hindering me and as we all know I'm already cleared town so we might as well just do what I say and follow me.

Top Bottom