• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Kata, when you get your response from Ran I'd like you to offer some of your own reasons too perhaps? I remember nothing but random softpushes from you on the subject

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No. Earlier you said "One of Nabe/Jpg die ToDay" so I thought you had stated your reason before. Plus, I want you on the JPG wagon. :3

His opportunism earlier on thread. I have pressured July, and I was going to push her entirely. Then, Jpg comes in and threatens July with "Oh I was going to vote you, but now that you expressed dislike of Degray I'm ok with you". He has NEVER asked July anything that would give him a read from her, only "Can you read Ran?". I have been pressuring her before that, and there was no him "wanting to vote her" at all. AFTER I vote her, he mentions that, and I didn't like that, and I have been on him all game.

Plus, notice how he still read me as town, but would lynch me out of fear that I would put him and Nabe against each other the Next Day, using the excuse "He's a liability". That's really scummy and I want him dead.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
o good .jpeg is online:

Also Zen, during the fake cop claim, why were you saying you shouldn't be vigged on a Ran-town flip? Why do you even care - The realism of the claim wouldn't have been lost because if you were actually cop you'd be confident in your read and not care about if he flips town? Were you ever planning on keeping up the claim?
^Something about this post is very reminiscent of the way me and Cello handled vig-Swords in DBZ and stands out to me as being manipulative. @Jpeg: Can you go into finer detail as to how and why Ran-Town incriminates Zen enough to be vigged? Have you read RE4 by any chance? go to page 25 on 40ppp... what are your opinions on Dark Horse/Ran there?

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
"Also Zen, during the fake cop claim, why were you saying you shouldn't be vigged on a Ran-town flip?"

^What was the point of this question then? It questions why he shouldn't be vigged... as such I felt it implied he could be vig-target... and you'd have to have your reasoning for thinking this.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
I've read a very very small amount of RE4. I'm looking at pg25 now and I assume you mean the Dayvig claim? Ran looks townie in response because he's like "argh" all angry, then just gets down to asking questions etc. DH looked like an idiot but also probably town. If dayvig was a gambit I'd assume DH town because he's not ballsy enough to do that as scum.

"Also Zen, during the fake cop claim, why were you saying you shouldn't be vigged on a Ran-town flip?" i.e Why are you so worried about getting vigged? It should be revealed that you are not actually claiming guilty on Ran and thus you'd not be implicated as scum on his flip, yet you still worry about it - why? scared you're gonna die?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
I'd be voting Ran if not you. I was almost tempted as I read up just to change it back to Ran as soon as I saw Asdioh change it.

Getting DayVigged and getting Daycopped are completely different, I wouldn't expect the reactions to be the same, and I feel comparing them is kinda silly.

I'll re-iterate what I said earlier in thread. Ran got a guilty claimed on him. If he is town, his only concern should really be getting Zen vigged/lynched the next Day - Look at Asdioh in DKR when I fakeclaimed guilty on him. Ran doesn't - he panics, Why? Only scum have reason to panic in that situation.

No to the NabeWagon offer, I did skim your recent case on him though

Swiss

Smash Lord
I'll address T-block and other stuff in a sec, but first I wanted to bring up a quote for Swiss.

Swiss, Nabe called my push bad and basically said I was scummy for trying to sell my scum read as being scum. Wanna help me lynch him yet? (Yes, I'm pulling out all the stops to get my #1 scum read lynched here.)
Meh, could do. Wouldn't say no to his lynch but there are better lynched out there.

I don't believe July is dumb enough to claim confirmed Mason unless she is 100% mod confirmed sure they're her alignment.

So how bout dem indie siblings? July town outweighs KK scum, regretabbly.

Ryker I'd totally slip over to Reyth here, he's more manipulative less informative now.

Soup is town, so SK is town.

Well I should really be more active if I'm going to keep my style.

But lets lynch JPG, Nabe or Reyth.

Unvote Vote JPG

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I like that plan. (The one about Jpg) The other two are meh. I'd need convincing for Reyth.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Zen
Personally, I find it a great idea to stop that kind of behavior as soon as possible, Ryker's put his ego ahead of his scum hunting this game, and that really annoys me.

Anyway, I take it you found my Nabe-case as having merit? Join us on the wagon, we can get this thing done.

@Ran
Look, I'd much rather lynch Nabe over video as Nabe's scum tells are much more pronounced and consistent, video has done scum hunting once in a while.

Swiss

Smash Lord
I doubt someone would want to risk a No Lynch this close to the deadline anyway.

See this is how the pro's do it. Skim the thread, don't check other people's stances, make a wild accusation of scum and assume you're right.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nich, I feel both Nabe and Jpg have been in the background. Why not join us on a JPG lynch? What exactly is your read on Jpg?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw Swiss, what do you think about the Kat head in SK?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
JPG is my second scum read, I just really REALLY want Nabe dead, as he's my strongest read in a long time. Swiss, thoughts on JPG's post giving thoughts on each player? That felt townie to me, actually.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I want Jpg dead. :bee: I just didn't like Nabe's vote on you. Then most of his stances are just "Open opportunities" for him. Nabe is hard to read though. What else has nabe done?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Anyways.

I want you guys to know that I am fine with:

Jpg, SK going ToDay. Zen I want vigged. One of the first two I want copped.

If possible, I'd vote Nabe/Reyth/Tblock at deadline to avoid no lynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
That's the point, Nabe hasn't done anything else. He asks safe questions, doesn't pursue the answers, he'll give reads when asked, but never gives reasoning or acts on said reads, he's not even pushing for a lynch candidate right now.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nich, have you ever seen Nabe play as town before? If so, what do you think he'd do differently?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hm. I can't recall playing with Nabe town (I might have at some point, but I can't remember if I did). Anyway, if he was town I'd expect him to be actually pushing his scum reads. Perhaps not shouting them like I am with him, but consistently posting stuff along the lines of "No, don't lynch X, instead lynch Y!". However, he just doesn't feel interested in getting his scum reads lynched rather than anybody else, which really just shouts SCUM to me.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Nabe, I'm sure you have seen NabeTOWN's play. Can you tell me about Nabe's town play and note the difference between that and Nabe's scum play? :bee:

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

No I get why he is asking but why does it matter? Flavour speculation isn't a good route to go and why is he asking July even though she is dating the dude...?
What he said to Ryker was flavour spec. What he asked for from July was meta info. Clearly you don't get why he is asking.

Nabe, let me ask you, why haven't you volunteered said info, your reads with reasons?
I have. All my reads and my reasons are out. I think they make sense. You think they don't, but haven't told me why you think that, and yet you expect a response.

A normal townie would try to get their scum reads lynched, or keep their town reads from being lynched, you haven't done any of that.
I am getting my scum reads lynched (you) and no one has tried to lynch my town reads yet. If they do, I'll be evaluating the cases against them, not blindly defending them like you're asking for.

Aside from your case against me (I've pointed out why it doesn't fit elsewhere), just go back and quote a strong scum read that you've given reasoning for, and actually tried to get lynched.
Why are you phrasing this in this way when we've both already agreed that aside from you, I haven't pushed for a lynch? Am I speaking Dutch?

@T-block
I see, but the point is that even though he has several scum reads, he hasn't tried to get them lynched. Yes, he made a push on me at one point, but even though I'm still a huge suspect of his, when's the last time he tried to get other people's votes for lynching me?
Really?
I'm not on pace. I'm catching up every time I get in thread. You cannot tell me that you think what you're saying here is valid.

Will get @1867 in a separate post.

Town is busting around me and making decisions. Abundantly clear that Nich's not happening toDay, my fault. V/LA in a couple hours, for the rest of the day at least, will vote before I go.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Would like an answer to my question before you go k thx.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Swiss, I left you some questions over in my post before last, thanks.

That's the point, Nabe hasn't done anything else. He asks safe questions, doesn't pursue the answers, he'll give reads when asked, but never gives reasoning or acts on said reads, he's not even pushing for a lynch candidate right now.
I haven't been here and posting since the first 400 posts. I've been inactive, not how you're putting it here and have repeatedly. Really dirty push.

Nabe, I'm sure you have seen NabeTOWN's play. Can you tell me about Nabe's town play and note the difference between that and Nabe's scum play? :bee:
You know as well as anyone that this isn't a valuable question.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm calling your bluff, Nabe. Quote where you give scumreads with reasoning without being asked. Even in that post you just made, there was no push to lynch anyone or any scumhunting, just defense. Also, I'm impressed you've managed to use inactivity as a defense. Yes you fall behind, but even once you catch up, you don't push any lynches. By the way, aren't you the one who said scum-Nabe would lurk?

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Navigating this thread is ridonkulous I apologise if anything comes across as rushed

@nich what was Nabe like in Fire Emblem?

^Jeremy Kyle just informed us of a great decision made by swisssss :grin: But why is Nabe your second choice?

as for your relationship with Grey --> "but if he's scum, our reads can't match". This was something said in reference to you... what do you think of Degrey's failure to see you as nothing but Town? Also I see a discrepency because your reads haven't matched: Nabe/July/T-Block/Zen --> there were clear differences at various points in the game that went by unquestioned, but only until recently. This makes me feel somewhat better... up until then I expected more bounce between you both. Do you think as a resource, you are being resourced? :chuckle: How are viewing Grey currently?

^@Degrey: Have Swiss' reads ever worried you up until now? You were adamant that Nabe was seeing things right -- I might have missed this but what has Nabe done that specifically made you think he's null? Would you dare to be controversial in your reads and consider joining us? why not? :woman::woman::woman:
_

With Jpeg --> some of his decisions scare the jukebox :mad: What's the point in stating they saw a "true scum slip" from Nich and not pursue this? What a wasted read. What was the point of using mod-reasoning against Nich in their first serious vote of the game? Some of their thoughts look off. Next there's the issue with Ran and him being a detriment --> does jpeg's reasoning explain that he is scum moreso than him being a detriment? As such wii feel he looks more fearful of the role than anybody else... Also those word choices: "detriment"... "incredibly anti-town" with the bold... the acidity behind the entirety of #1440... considering they claimed openly that their opinion hasn't changed... one would think Jpeg needs Ran dead, but where is their vote now? How do they plan to deal with Ran from this point onward? In a small, Overswarm-sized game this worries the funk mastah blastah!!! it's weird actually...that wii were deemed "very genuine" but inactive, and mildly disliked as a result, and when a wagon forms they jump on it like a tramp on chips only because someone asked them to... =/ They must enjoy hiding behind walls of players and taking safety in the numbers :awesome: I guess this is your opportunity to go into the fair amount of stuff you dislike about us, because you never elaborated on this at all.

Also, @Jpeg: what do you think of the funkatronimeister (us =D) at this point now? What about our reads? Also how do you view Grey's restriction that he must be on every wagon? You said you didn't like this specific part of his claim but you never explained why.
_

can someone tell me when the deadline is???

also this game could benefit from more active vote counts, it would be a hell of a lot easier to navigate knowing where everyone always stands.

T-block

B2B TST
Hai SK

Deadline is August 1, 3pm EST. OS said he wouldn't be able to keep up with votecounts since he's V/LA until Sunday.

You want vg.jpg gone, huh? I could maaaaaybe get on that, although I was going to rely on a Ran flip to get a more soild read on them.

Top Bottom