• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Asdioh, I will hurt you severely if you say that we should use more time to talk about this day. It's 57 pages of 40ppp, what more do you want?

We could Angel of Mercy lynch PLSD and i'd be cool with that. (By that I mean kill him because he doesn't seem to be having fun/seems to need a relief PLUS we get rid of a question mark no one seems to care for having around and therefore would help us out in the long run.)

However, I'd rather have the actively scumilicious TB dead toDay and have the PLSD slot go under a bit more scrutiny from this point on.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
hi guys

more posts...

I've sort of skimmed stuffs

also a victim that intentionally leaves a trail for its murderer? freddy, norman, predator, pennywise, jaws, angela... wii bet they'd kill for that :chuckle: A murderer that intentionally leaves a trail for its victims? shelly, nancy, laurie... they'd all hide for that :grin: What motive behind the intention is there in doing either of these things? =?

Why would we assume the killer would crumb that? The victim making a crumb makes sense so that they can refer back to it later. They will probably be a town PR and the killer is perfectly capable of dying at any time.
^(curiously) why would a victim need to refer back to anything? also why would a victim use a word choice that pertains to their potential killer's flavour?... why didn't you just assume a PR instead?

@Nabe: #2172 - comment comment! Does the bulk of your pretend scum read on us still reside on page 3? What's changed from this point on regarding all the shenanigans that have happened? I also recommend that you start linking to your posts as well that you reference due to the scale of the thread. I think this applies to everyone!

@Jpeg: what's changed since your last reads list btw? :woman:

Which reminds me Kat you claimed this in your original claim post

Song of time = Transport you to another game
Reverse song of time = Rewind the Day
Speed up song of time = Skips impending Night phase

You then played "Song of time (1x speed)" Aka the song of time and that rewound the Day (which fits with flavour) nonetheless, its contrary to what you claimed
This is it:

Wii have 3 songs: Song of Time rewind/speed-up/and the song of time itself. All 1 shot. The rewind treats the Day as if it had never occurred in the first place. The other one speeds a Day to skip the impending night phase. The final one takes us out of this game and into another.
The song of time is played in speeds. 1 x is the rewind, 2 x is the speed-up, by itself takes us away and into another game. Exciting times. See you back in D1. Also, I don't play LoZelda - sorry if any confusion has been caused. FWIW, wii're Town.
i think something got lost in translation --- terms that I am using are being understood differently by you it seems. Song of time (1xspeed) = a rewind/reverse/whatever you wanna call it, because it rewinds the Day as has been confirmed. I don't think I mentioned explicitly having a "reverse song of time"... - my only take on this atm is that me mentioning the rewind is something you took to mean the reverse song of time, which by flavour is something different (??), when I was referring to the 1xspeed. To be crystal clear: our songs are song of time: 1xspeed (a rewind, it rewinds the Day as has been confirmed)... 2xspeed (a speed up, and speeds up time and skips the impending night phase after a lynch)... and song of time (the command is just that, which takes us to another game). does a contradiction you believe to have seen imply wii're not being truthful regarding our abilities? That would mean wii're lying... #2172
_

Btw Soup has disappeared today. I haven't been able to catch him.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Need input from other players first.
Aight I am back from my V/LA (sexy side) so I am gonna talk to Vandy when he gets on later.

However from what I've read one of TB/DeGrey should die toDay. I want TB dead the most though.

Vote: T-Block

Cop needs to hit PLSD/Swiss or possibly Nabe/Zen imo.

SK, I'll take the soup's hand while Vandy wants the Kat's hand for a bit. Deal? Yay.

Ran, I'll split the difference with you. Vote TB and I'll re-consider something you'd like.

This day needs to end, like now.
Hmmm, sure.

Vote: TB

I agree, we need a flip. I also am fine with D going. I was thinking through it and I can't really find a malicious intent within JPG with the terminate thing.

Not really. I still have suspicion of SK regardless of his claim. If SK flips scum I would want Reyth gone, but self play, Reyth has gone townier to me because of his "Orange shirt" argument. I don't think scum would push for that because they'd know town have legit pm's. That's just a slight town tell.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oops, crap. That quote is still in my multi quote xD

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Nichy-boy, you left out TB on your reads list. Can ya tell me your opinion on him?

TB has four votes on him and he needs 3 more to be lynched. Come on guys, rally up dem votes. Btw, July will be joining the wagon when she gets on so really 2 more votes. However I request July has hammer since she's the only one we fully fully trust.

PLSD, we are confirmed town, therefore you wanna vote with us yes? :chuckle:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ryker just let me know where to vote when I need to.

I could replace out as well, but I don't know if that would be a good thing. I may just try and read in the night.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
People wanna replace out? How horrible. Regardless, I'm sticking in and keeping Vandy in as well.

Zen, vote TB, you've been wrong on a few of your reads this game and you should end up trusting me this once. :chuckle:

In fact, you should actually explain your reads this time i.e. your reasoning for not wanting to lynch TB and your NabeScum read.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Nabe is just weird sometimes.

Dont want to lynch TBock because he is Vig and he's been on the same track with most of my thoughts.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Kat are you saying there's a difference between the abilities "Song of time" and "Song of time (1x Speed)" Me no comprende - They mean the exact same thing surely? (1x speed) would just mean normal speed??

As I said I need to speak to Asdioh about our reads so if he sees this post he'll get on AIM and we'll do it tonight, if not then tomorrow. There's some we've discussed already i.e Kawaii is town, and I've basically got Asdioh to agree with me about NichTown - While many of his actions could be explained by scummy motivations, I feel in each case the assumption that he's just like a kid with an enormous ego - If he's wrong he wont admit it, and if he gets shown up he'll get angry and repeat his terrible cases because he doesn't want to believe he's wrong.

Curiously Asdioh asked whether the same could be said of Ran but if you look at the bth of them its different (asdioh later agreed), Nich is actually so sure that he'll put in the work and do enormous PbPs to show how Nabe or whatever is scummy, whereas Ran is just like "yeah vg scum right". We still don't like Ran at all jfyi.

I also don't like Swiss, but Asdioh seems to disagree a little. Kat what do you think about Swiss? What do you think about his entrance onto our wagon?? I feel very much that had any other player jumped on it in such a scummy way then major callouts would occur, don't you agree?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
But the tracks your thoughts have been wrong and also never fully explained, like at all.

If you think those two reasons are good enough to get you off the hook from me, than you are mistaken. I want real reasons Zenny-boy.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Also Nabe I feel like you tried to buddy me or appeal to me (X1) on at least two occasions during this game. Have you ever buddied me when we were both town? I remember in DKR you remained suspicious to the end, but here that is not the case? This intrigues me.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Because he hasn't claimed that and that's just your speculation on what you think he is.

Also known as, a fabricated BS reason until further stuff states so.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Where's Asdioh's little eye thing when you need it?

Anyways we aren't claiming characters yet and no we aren't you are just not being smart this game. You are wrong and need to move on from that. We have mod-confirmed info July is town and the same for her for us.

Now why are you re-directing a question back onto us instead of actually backing up your reasonings Zenny? You haven't done that at all this game. :chuckle:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I actually also have shaky feelings on Nabe, even tho I want Zen's neck broken.

KK, why don't you want Nabe lynched?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Nabe's my first choice for a lynch (obviously), T-block would go in my undecided category (I realized I was being a bit to liberal with my town reads, so I decided to bump a bunch down to neutral. At this point the only ones in the town category are people I have really solid reads on, or stuff like July/KK's mason claim.)

@X1
You know, I've backed up and re-evaluated several times this game. My reads on T-block, your slot and Degrey have changed drastically. I'm just really REALLY sure Nabe is scum.

Can't remember if I revoted Nabe, so just in case

Unvote, Vote: Nabe

July

Smash Apprentice
You're tunneling, a lot. You know that, right?

Why are you trying to insinuate that, if that ability was legit, and we didn't reveal it with the rest of our claim, we would tell you that "breaking our restriction costs us the use of our ability. Hurp durp dupr hurp." That kind of defeats the purpose of not telling you we have an ability.

We're already discussing the Terminator crumb bull**** and it's all WIFOM.

Are you really insinuating we should let what we assume to be a town PR die, ensuring that we do not hit scum that day, in exchange for the chance that an independent might win by shooting him before we catch them?

Victim crumb makes sense and I'd do it if I thought I could get away with it.
I know that every time I try to give you a little credit you turn around and ignore me and/or do something scummy. And most of this, like the one-shot ability BS you claimed and the punishment for breaking your restriction I GAVE you a chance to explain by asking you about it, and instead you ignored it. If you are going to ignore my questions that can help me understand your motivation I will call you out for your inconsistencies. Same with you and Raziek not being on the same page with your "mod-confirmed" information.

And you are the one who said that the person out to kill a certain target would probably become a vt if their win-con was no longer achievable, and so even if you would have let a lynch on what you assume to be a town pr you would have been getting rid of scum at the same time. So if that's what you believed, that he was the victim, are you saying that you wouldn't accept a town mislynch in exchange for the elimination of scum pr?

I really don't think your priorities have been straight with this whole crumb thing.

And how the hell does a victim crumb make sense BEFORE the killer/hunter is killed? If your mod information is legit, then the killer can go through protectives and a crumb before the killer is dead is suicide if the killer picks up on it. And you are saying its worth it because you could site it later in the game? Doesn't really matter if there is no late game because the person got themselves killed.

Whoa now VG, don't go blowing any semblance of a town read in one post like that! (2179) Neither head should've grasped like this when the motive of saving a Town target from an Indy is clearly a potential motive. (Do you disagree with the previous statement?) The reasoning in 2199 and similar is wild and wrong. As DeGrey said, as a person with mod info about a killer and a target, it isn't strange that he'd look for a crumb.
Nabe, you said in the beginning of the game that you planned on letting other people read DeGrey, but every time something is posted against him you go out of your way to site how the reasoning is wrong. Have you changed your mind on DeGrey? If not, then who's read on DeGrey do you trust as to whether he is showing scum or town motivation?

TB has four votes on him and he needs 3 more to be lynched. Come on guys, rally up dem votes. Btw, July will be joining the wagon when she gets on so really 2 more votes. However I request July has hammer since she's the only one we fully fully trust.

PLSD, we are confirmed town, therefore you wanna vote with us yes? :chuckle:
I checked out T-Block's posts from around the last 500 posts like he requested and I did see at one point he had solid scum reads on KK, Ran, and myself. But then after our claim he went right back to floating on his reads, and instead of scumhunting or looking into SK himself when he jumped on his wagon, he asked for people to convince him and then a couple posts later, after nothing significant or convincing happened, he voted for SK with no updated explanation.

So yes, I am still okay with his lynch and will support it. I know that you would prefer that someone you trust is here to hammer but I won't be home most of tomorrow so I will have to place my vote on T-Block later tonight regardless of where his votecount is.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmmmm. After July's post I am more than willing on lynching Tblock.

I'll even double vote em in case you guys are a vote short. Only if needed.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
July is scum with you then.
You are really derpy this game.

I actually also have shaky feelings on Nabe, even tho I want Zen's neck broken.

KK, why don't you want Nabe lynched?
Never said that, however I just would like this atm as toDay's preference for lynching.

TB>DeGrey>PSLD

Then it's a toss-up between three people. Also w.r.t. your double vote, I'll talk to Vandy about it.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
July, would you be willing to consider DG town?
Do you think it's worth the risk of lynching him to clear up whether he's the indy or not?

KK, same question.

I talked about it with X1, and I just don't see why an indy hunter-type would bother to let his victim know he's after them, especially when he was under no pressure to claim. It would just make it harder for him to win.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste

#HBC | Nabe

@Nabe
Let me put it this way. Just because someone gave a list of reads doesn't make them town, but if they've avoided giving such a list in a game this size, then it's a red flag.
I didn't want you to put it in a way, I wanted an answer to my question. This isn't getting anywhere.

In my opinion full read lists are a bag of **** and anti-town. Despite that, you have all my reads (in a list), and scattered through the thread is my reasoning as well. This is probably the most open book game I've ever played, minorly aggravating to get called out despite that but w/e.

You're asking me to conglomerate all my reads and reasoning into one post; fair enough since they're already out, I'll indulge that. But you've read my posts at least three times and given that you're content to call me scummy for it, should have enough specific memory of my posts to be able to refer to the reads you think are lacking. Instead, your complaint is specifically "he doesn't have a reads post" and you refuse to indulge me when I ask you for specific problems, a point I've been hammering on again and again. Your complaint is empty and you refuse to fill it.

You're scum. After I indulge you, I'm going to tunnel you into the ground.

#HBC | Nabe

also @Nabe: all our abilities are twilight abilities. also there's a post I made under my name and I only have 2 posts in the game. i'd link it but im using a computer from the 50s. Could you respond to it and tell if you still don't agree with the analysis I made on soup/yourself involving t-block (as this appears to be the bulk of your read)?
I'll do this in a minute. But it's not the bulk of my read. You picked on that one point and since then we've been talking about it. As I've said, my read encompasses your play in-thread which I've found to be more or less garbage.

Mininote: rewinding (reversing/redoing/whatever) the Day has been shown to do exactly what wii've described with the song of time:1xspeed command, as proven by the mod. There's nothing iffy about something mod-proven.
There's something entirely iffy about it, which is the name. You say you have a command Song of Time: 1x Speed and another command Song of Time, but a specific song played at 1x speed is at normal speed and is just that specific song. 2x speed makes sense re: flavour (Song of Double Time) which is good. But the names of your two other claimed abilities both mean the same thing. And as X1 has pointed out, the Song of Time rewinds time in its game, and there's another song called the Reverse Song of Time which OS could have also used for that purpose re: mod meta.

With the knowledge I've just given you, the naming of your abilities is strange, isn't it? p.s. this is a yes or no question.

#HBC | Nabe

Also Nabe I feel like you tried to buddy me or appeal to me (X1) on at least two occasions during this game. Have you ever buddied me when we were both town? I remember in DKR you remained suspicious to the end, but here that is not the case? This intrigues me.
I can't recall if I've ever buddied you as town. Aside from FF6 when I was all "oh hey Swiss and X1 are lovers haha" which was of course different. In B+F also I thought you were town for a large portion and stuck to you when we both yelled at Kuz. It's only when you give me cause to doubt you that I do, lol. I'm curious when you think I've buddied you/appealed to you in this game which I'd agree would be odd.

Nabe's my first choice for a lynch (obviously), T-block would go in my undecided category (I realized I was being a bit to liberal with my town reads, so I decided to bump a bunch down to neutral. At this point the only ones in the town category are people I have really solid reads on, or stuff like July/KK's mason claim.)
areyoukiddingme.rb

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe, you said in the beginning of the game that you planned on letting other people read DeGrey, but every time something is posted against him you go out of your way to site how the reasoning is wrong. Have you changed your mind on DeGrey? If not, then who's read on DeGrey do you trust as to whether he is showing scum or town motivation?
I go out of my way? Not sure I have, since it's a hydra of two competent players who certainly haven't shown signs of needing any support.

I was hoping to rely on Swiss or Kuz/Laundry but it turns out one or both slots are scum, and neither are here. I've been taking that read in hand for a while now. He's town.

#HBC | Nabe

Could you respond to it and tell if you still don't agree with the analysis I made on soup/yourself involving t-block (as this appears to be the bulk of your read)?
"i see what you're saying but / i agree but / I understand but / it's fair enough... but" --> These are all phatic! Nabe is looking at this entire exchange too surgically --> it is an issue helped by common sense. i interpret Soup "seeing" the point and "still not liking it" as a means to say he agrees to disagree, which explains why he continues to talk about and push T-Block's actions afterward much much better than assuming he saw (and thus liked) Nabe's point but all of a sudden still wanted to talk about T-Block's actions anyway. Nothing was invalidated in a way that it was proven wrong. I thought this would be utterly obvious. I'll comment on other stuff later.! I am never going to try multiquoting unless it's on a pc or something.
Those statements are not phatic at all. They directly state understanding; they have a purpose and wouldn't be said without a purpose. If he agreed to disagree, he would say that. And since I then repeated myself and he agreed my point was valid, I really have to give this a big fat no.

It's a tacit admission that he was wrong, made scummy by his original contention of the point, after which I gave no new reasoning and he then conceded. And what I said quite clearly does invalidate what he was saying, because what he was saying was plainly false in that he said T-block was rolefishing when his words couldn't possibly be taken as such. To say that someone is rolefishing is a really scummy stroke to paint, so the motive for a scumSoup in this is clear as well.

#HBC | Nabe

@T-block, it was my question in 1172. In 1185 you said not to let you forget.

Go look for yourself.
Oh baby, time for me to take on burden of proof for your scum read on me.

Idea: I'm hung up on indies and posting about "the indy thing" in almost every burst of content I've had.

Proof: Uh no.
1148ish, nothing about indies.
1727: I say to Zen that I thought he was indy in Super Heroes.
1909, nothing about indies.
1921, nothing about indies.
2169, I ask you why you have an indy read on Zen.
Any small posts in between, nothing about indies. Obviously I'm not providing quotes for any of these since they're entire posts that don't contain anything about indies, which is the point.

This is where you say "oh I guess I was wrong" and I crinkle my brow at you for asking me to prove your scumread for you which p.s. I still don't agree belonged in the middle of that post to VG. Say you're sorry :( or show me what you actually meant if I've misunderstood (I haven't though).

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
New evidence against Nabe:

I didn't want you to put it in a way, I wanted an answer to my question. This isn't getting anywhere.

In my opinion full read lists are a bag of **** and anti-town. Despite that, you have all my reads (in a list), and scattered through the thread is my reasoning as well. This is probably the most open book game I've ever played, minorly aggravating to get called out despite that but w/e.

You're asking me to conglomerate all my reads and reasoning into one post; fair enough since they're already out, I'll indulge that. But you've read my posts at least three times and given that you're content to call me scummy for it, should have enough specific memory of my posts to be able to refer to the reads you think are lacking. Instead, your complaint is specifically "he doesn't have a reads post" and you refuse to indulge me when I ask you for specific problems, a point I've been hammering on again and again. Your complaint is empty and you refuse to fill it.

Nabe's pulled a huge straw man on me here, and I can prove it. The following series of quotes recall how exactly this argument came up, and should make clear my intentions.

Anyway, my reads and reasoning... Number 1 would be Nabe for reasons past stated (I think everyone knows why I dislike him at this point. If they haven't, they've been skimming really badly.) Number 2 would probably be video at the moment, as Swiss's case was making a lot of sense (and there were some real video/nabe parallels between their actions) when I ISO'd the slot, but X1's list of reads with reasoning makes me feel somewhat better about video (Nabe has not done anything like that all game. ALL GAME).
This is what starts it off, where I mention that X1's list of reads + reasoning made me feel better about video's slot, and I mention that Nabe hasn't done anything like that all game (that is, give reads with REASONING and try to get them lynched.)

So in your opinion, posting full read lists is a strong standard town play?
Nabe asks if full read lists are standard town play.

@Nabe
The reasoning behind the slot's reads seemed legitimate, and they actually did it without being pressed for it. Basically, it showcased a desire to actually scum hunt, something you haven't displayed at all this game.
I explain that it's not the read list but rather the reasoning being legitimate and showing a desire to scum hunt. (The implication is that the read lists themselves are more of a null tell.)

Good to see you're still capable of being a *******, so no worries in that direction, but this doesn't answer the question I posed in 2169.
He claims it doesn't answer his question. (He's not interested in why I have a town read on video.)
@Nabe
Let me put it this way. Just because someone gave a list of reads doesn't make them town, but if they've avoided giving such a list in a game this size, then it's a red flag.
I give my position, that giving reads doesn't make someone town, but that withholding them is a red flag. Note the subtlety here. I'm not insisting on a FULL read list, I just want the player's strongest scum picks and important town picks, along with some reasoning. This is something I've been consistent with all through the blasted game. Now here comes the straw man.

He pretends I'm asking for a full read list, and calls the idea anti-town. Now, disliking full read lists isn't a scum tell on it's own. (That was the Dgames stance on the issue for a while.) However, he's completely straw manned my argument, I want his main reads + reasoning, he pretends I want a full read list and tells me to look through the thread for something he hasn't given.

What Nabe's doing here is he's trying to shift the burden of proof on me over one simple request.

I want him to showcase his desire to hunt and lynch scum via quotes.

The ONLY instance he has of doing so is his push on me, and if you've read my case, you know he was lurking before that. If he hadn't come up with some sort of case, he'd have looked quite suspicious for inactivity. Even he's basically admitted this.

Also, Nabe knows me going back through and pointing out the reads he hasn't given via reasoning is pointless. I'm not after a list of reads for every single player in the game. I'm after a few scum reads with some reasoning behind them, and he can't give them.

His only strong scum read through 2000 posts is me.

And I'd like to note that almost ALL the case on me is based on either my supposedly "bad" push on him (Classic oh-my-gosh you suck, my case has been called townie by just about everyone BUT him), or Reyth's old case, which focuses completely on my play from posts #155 and before.

That's right, his only real scum read is based on stuff from 2000 posts ago and a little oh my gosh you suck.

This is war. I'm not backing down on this one, this is the strongest scum read I've had in games. I'm going to showcase your scumminess to everyone, pushing your case until I see you flip scum as the D1 lynch.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
It's weird that Nich and I (Vand), and maybe to a lesser extent SKat/swiss (though neither of them really did anything about it) were the only ones suspicious of him... and now it seems as if a wagon is developing on him.

@Nich/Nabe: What do you make of the wagoners on your case? I'm going to look into this a bit myself.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
July, would you be willing to consider DG town?
Do you think it's worth the risk of lynching him to clear up whether he's the indy or not?

KK, same question.

I talked about it with X1, and I just don't see why an indy hunter-type would bother to let his victim know he's after them, especially when he was under no pressure to claim. It would just make it harder for him to win.
Basically I think that if DG was the terminator and had a win condition to night kill someone and he picked up a crumb from his victim, he would NOT out that crumb. It's much more likely to me that he thought you were town and was determined to stop your mislynch. Townies have no reason (most of the time) to not be up front with info and claims, and I think that's what DeGrey did in this scenario.

@Nabe: I'm skipping your question, J can answer it if I think it's relevant.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Why is that weird to you, KK?
Everyone in the early parts of Day 1 (and by early I'm guessing in the vicinity of the first 1000) had Nabe as obvtown except for Nich and I just about.

But things have changed since you/July/us aren't realistic choices for lynches anymore. So now people seem to be flocking to a Nabe wagon. Which is weird.

Top Bottom