• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Don't be giving me evils Jpeg. I'm not trolling. This can all be proven upon someone getting me lynched, so get me lynched. Ideally, I'd like Nich's input on everything that has occurred, as well as Swiss', and maybe Vanz if he didn't run away from me.
I never ran away Kat, it was J who voted you :(. I was in hospital (or somewhere around there) and he was going to an anime convention and was afraid of a no lynch.

If it makes you feel better (actually, it probably wouldn't unless you're EVIL and TWISTED :mad:) but my face looks like this atm:

However I'm drugged up and currently ploughing through this thread like a BO
U
SSSSSS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkTw7J-hGmg

It's been six hours on and off since I started but I'M FINALLY GETTING THERE!!!!!! :cool:

I need to discuss my reads firstly with J and July, then wii will get back to you with the final verdict :chuckle:

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
The same reason you would crumb in any situation. To refer back to later if you were in the hot seat to show that you had been setting up for this claim since that point. You thought you were being smart and no one would notice, but since someone did, you are automatically assuming indy when you have nothing but WIFOM to support it.
No. The reason you crumb in any situation is to back up your claim - There is no reason to claim victim so breadcrumbing to this effect is A.) Redundant and B.) Completely ******** because it only increases the likelyhood fo you getting found. With all this in mind you still assumed we were breadcrumbing victim????

If we saw someone saying "Oh there's a time traveler whos immensly powerful out on a mission to terminate people" We'd be like "oh, its the fricking terminator who's the killer, I see"

Why does that matter at all to any party? This point is simply WIFOMed away. Either we were town and we were legitimately concerned that you would be lynched. Mafia looking for points. Or Indy looking to set themselves up to say I would never have outed the crumb as an Indy. What purpose does this question serve and what answer will satisfy it?
You couldn't have just pushed th SK lynch harder? If you were town, why resort to pointing our breadcrumbs to save a townread??? You know that you're capable of influencing the lynch heavily

Missed responding to my "I've got an idea."

Go look at the context. At that point, I was thinking it was what's his face from the 2009 Star Trek movie who was out to kill Kirk. Prior to that, I had no idea other than that we didn't think they would be out to kill Hermione.
Which character is that?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Trek_(film)#Plot

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Oh, then why exactly did you say "terminate"?

Man... this movie stuff is giving me deja vu to inception mafia. xD

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Btw, Jpg, why do you think Grey specified not to claim flavour?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
If we saw someone saying "Oh there's a time traveler whos immensly powerful out on a mission to terminate people" We'd be like "oh, its the fricking terminator who's the killer, I see"
We had already heavily been suggesting we thought it was the terminator, since we did both come to that conclusion independantly and its the obvious character who fits the criteria

Because then you can judge who thinks they might be the victim by how willing they are/aren't to claim flavour. We see them mention us not to claim flavour, but don't seem to push the idea when they are SoupKat to claim for example

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
@Nabe
The reasoning behind the slot's reads seemed legitimate, and they actually did it without being pressed for it. Basically, it showcased a desire to actually scum hunt, something you haven't displayed at all this game.
Good to see you're still capable of being a *******, so no worries in that direction, but this doesn't answer the question I posed in 2169.

Whoa now VG, don't go blowing any semblance of a town read in one post like that! (2179) Neither head should've grasped like this when the motive of saving a Town target from an Indy is clearly a potential motive. (Do you disagree with the previous statement?) The reasoning in 2199 and similar is wild and wrong. As DeGrey said, as a person with mod info about a killer and a target, it isn't strange that he'd look for a crumb.

I don't recall him strongly opposing your lynch in any more than one or two posts, which makes sense if he thinks you're confirmed town. On the other hand, you might've been the indy crumbing the target, and I wonder what his strategy would've been in determining that, or if he was ignoring that possibility and why.

@DeGrey, could you shed some light on that?

@VG, I don't think I've seen aggressive role/crumb/flavour scumhunting from either of you before. Am I wrong?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
No, that is paranoia and complete WIFOM. You're trying to punish this slot for good play. We caught a crumb and did our damnedest to save the resulting town read without outing him as what he is. Your crumb isn't that hard to find when we're looking for literally anything out of the ordinary. Combine it with the "we believe Degrey's claim" that came up two different times and the line about it making perfect sense for our hypothetical indy to have bulletproof and it's not very hard to figure out that you think you're the target. Combine that with a google search to see that time travel is a corner stone of the Terminator universe (that's a quote from the first result for "Terminator time travel") and we reached the conclusion rather easily.
All makes sense. Re: saving VG, was it necessary? I don't remember you doing that much, but you seem to be taking credit for it and VG agrees that you played a big part. Maybe I skimmed it.

Also, before it comes back to bite us in the ***, no, we don't have that psuedo governor ability. That was made up to make sure .JPG wasn't lynched. Let's go ahead and get all the bull**** out of the way at once.
Didn't you push SK for being a second gov claim? Maybe I skimmed it.

Nabe posted a **** ton of question marks earlier quoting our Zen indy read. He's been hung up about the indy thing. He posts something about it in almost every burst of activity he has. He has sat the sideline pretty hard and tried to ride under the radar, but I don't think he's anymore likely to flip indy than TBlock, as he has done the same thing minus the indy obsession. However, in the event of Zen scum, I'd bet on indy.
Could you elaborate? AFAIK I questioned you on Zen indy (four question marks which I guess is a ****ton?) and that's it. Maybe I skimmed my own posts?

Why is this read paragraph in the middle of this post in response to VG?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Wait, hold on. Grey, have you defended pushes against JPG before announcing the crumb?

I don't remember you doing so.
Why would I? It wasn't necessary and I had no reason to draw attention to him.

@.JPG - The captain of the mining ship who is out to destroy Spock's home planet and Earth. What does it matter?

@DeGrey, could you shed some light on that?
Why would we assume the killer would crumb that? The victim making a crumb makes sense so that they can refer back to it later. They will probably be a town PR and the killer is perfectly capable of dying at any time.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Oh, then why exactly did you say "terminate"
The ONLY reason I said that was to send a message to whoever had the role. If my guess is correct, it would most likely be Sarah Conner. I just wanted to add that in there because it would be obvious to that person that we've thought about it and came to that conclusion. They probably wouldn't need my help in the first place, but you never know.

If I'm way off base, and my speculation is completely wrong, then oopslol.

@VG, I don't think I've seen aggressive role/crumb/flavour scumhunting from either of you before. Am I wrong?
You've also never seen us in a game where someone claimed like DeGrey did.

I'm honestly just trying to get a solid read on him one way or another right now. I realize it is wifomy, but mafia as a whole has a lot of wifom, and if you pass everything off as "just wifom" you won't get anywhere.
Nich case still coming fyi but the current situation is more interesting.
Isn't it?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
All makes sense. Re: saving VG, was it necessary? I don't remember you doing that much, but you seem to be taking credit for it and VG agrees that you played a big part. Maybe I skimmed it.
It reached a point where I was going V/LA for the weekend. I had no idea if Raziek would be here. .JPG was at L-2, same as Kat. We STILL have to be on the correct lynch and we were working under the assumption that .JPG had no chance of flipping scum. I felt it had progressed far enough that we needed to be certain that he didn't get lynched. I had no solid reasoning for him town because I haven't been reading his **** as we had him as town for reasons based on something that wasn't his play, so I had no other bull**** to rationalize that gov claim.

Didn't you push SK for being a second gov claim? Maybe I skimmed it.
Pushed because he didn't even seem perturbed in the slightest that there was another claim almost exactly like his on the table.

Could you elaborate? AFAIK I questioned you on Zen indy (four question marks which I guess is a ****ton?) and that's it. Maybe I skimmed my own posts?
Go look for yourself.

Why is this read paragraph in the middle of this post in response to VG?
Because it was scattered ramblings that happened to be mostly centered around .JPG.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I'm honestly just trying to get a solid read on him one way or another right now. I realize it is wifomy, but mafia as a whole has a lot of wifom, and if you pass everything off as "just wifom" you won't get anywhere.Isn't it?
It's not this WIFOMy. The route you've taken is going to be a bunch of you spewing WIFOM and me saying, "Yeah, that's a possibility, but so is this. Guess that makes it WIFOM."

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
You're both morons.
I disagree. Dealing with Raziek instead of just Ryker means I can get more information instead of being ignored, or being told you won't answer. It will help me read you better :bee:

No, that is paranoia and complete WIFOM. You're trying to punish this slot for good play. We caught a crumb and did our damnedest to save the resulting town read without outing him as what he is. Your crumb isn't that hard to find when we're looking for literally anything out of the ordinary. Combine it with the "we believe Degrey's claim" that came up two different times and the line about it making perfect sense for our hypothetical indy to have bulletproof and it's not very hard to figure out that you think you're the target. Combine that with a google search to see that time travel is a corner stone of the Terminator universe (that's a quote from the first result for "Terminator time travel") and we reached the conclusion rather easily.
I can understand this.

I'd been wondering why you would consider us to be the target just because we'd speculated and crumbed who we think the target might be. I thought it would be dumb to put it out there, because the killer would undoubtedly find it. However, I saw you bring up the "he could bring up his crumb later in the game during his claim, after the indy was dead" and it makes more sense now. It was suspicious that you immediately cleared us as town, and moreso that you even mentioned the crumb, because that would set the indy a-lookin', but I can give that a pass.

Also, before it comes back to bite us in the ***, no, we don't have that psuedo governor ability. That was made up to make sure .JPG wasn't lynched. Let's go ahead and get all the bull**** out of the way at once.
Meh. Not surprised. You still claim to have a restriction that requires you to be on every wagon though right?

As to role speculation, if it IS the Terminator and it does kill Asdioh tonight, then that will most likely remove it from the game and I will completely blame .JPG's play for their victory. If .JPG were to be lynched and is the target, then that indy would become VT, same as a lyncher would if their target was night killed. At least, that would be my assumption.
Wouldn't it be protown to get me mislynched if it meant that it subtracted a Strongman Serial Killer from the equation? Assuming we wouldn't get lucky and he would kill mafia.

I agree with most of July's 2219. It seems like she got the point of my "crumb" better than DG originally did. I disagree with her #3, I said I wanted him to out the crumb. Since I obviously knew exactly what I was talkingabout, he shouldn't have had a problem with it. In fact, if he refused (as Ryker would) I would just point it out myself.

Then what would happen to him? Generally roles who's win cons are unachievable, and they know that they are unachievable, turn into VTs.
Guess I didn't know that.

You thought you were being smart and no one would notice, but since someone did, you are automatically assuming indy when you have nothing but WIFOM to support it.
If you haven't figured out by now, I was putting it there so people WOULD notice it. I'm not automatically assuming indy just because you found it, I'm thinking potential indy because you so badly wanted to keep me alive because you thought you found a subtle crumb that pertains to your killing role. WIFOM yeah, but unreasonable WIFOM? No.

Dude, you're even defending us with WIFOM. Put that **** away, unlike me and Swiss, you aren't good at it.
I'm looking at both sides of the argument. And I think I'm doing a pretty good job.

This is good WIFOM.

Anyway. Does what I'm saying make sense? I'm debating so much right now whether you're the indy or not. There are some things pointing against it: claiming out of the blue, for example. If you were the indy looking for a specific character, you just warned them against claiming. This is MAJORLY against your wincon, and a MAJOR town tell to me. I just don't see scumRyker doing something so stupidly obvious.
I'm just going to stand by this, and take the easy route and call DeGrey town and leave it at that. It would just be so derpy for IndyRyker to inform his target that he's looking for them. X1 might disagree with me on this point.

If he happens to be Hermione Granger, Mafia Know-it-all, then I ****ed up.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie

Go look at the context. At that point, I was thinking it was what's his face from the 2009 Star Trek movie who was out to kill Kirk. Prior to that, I had no idea other than that we didn't think they would be out to kill Hermione.
Ah, ok. At least you have an answer, even if it isn't as awesome as my guess is.

Whoa whoa.

K. I skimmed a bit. Jpg is getting a BIT better to me.

But I just had a though.

Could the killer CRUMB as a victim?

I still don't mind a SK lynch.
Sure, the killer could crumb as a victim if he wants the victim to catch the crumb and then get him lynched. >_>

Btw, Jpg, why do you think Grey specified not to claim flavour?
Ya but if you look at what he said when he claimed, he said to MAKE UP flavor.
(if you think you are the hunted one)
Why? Because the killer, I presume, is left alone in the dark. A Lyncher normally knows exactly which player he has to lynch, correct? That's cool and all, because it requires him to use his skills to persuade the town into lynching that target. However, the guy DeGrey mentioned has to night kill the target, which would take no skill at all if he knew which player he had to target ahead of time. No, this guy has to flavor hunt and possibly play a guessing game, while staying alive.

tl;dr don't claim flavor because it either alerts the killer to who you are, or narrows down his kill pool.

Because then you can judge who thinks they might be the victim by how willing they are/aren't to claim flavour. We see them mention us not to claim flavour, but don't seem to push the idea when they are SoupKat to claim for example
This seems like reaching to incriminate DG >=(

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
@Degrey: this would normally fall under "flavor speculation" but since your role is pretty much based around it, I wanted to ask you something.

Have you been thinking of a character that can travel through time, is intent on killing one specific person, and is powerful enough to go through doctor protections? And is most likely an indy? Think of some popular shows/movies/etc. that have some aspect of time travel on them, and which one would you say most likely fits for this?
I'm hoping you at least have a guess, I don't see any anti-town implications from guessing, so I don't see why you would refuse to answer (like you often do for stuff)
I've got an idea.

@.JPG - The captain of the mining ship who is out to destroy Spock's home planet and Earth. What does it matter?
No but this is bull****

We ask about an indy who travels in time, who is intent on killing one specific person, and is powerful enough to go through doc protects and from this your idea is "the guy who tries to blow up earth in the star trek film"

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Aight I am back from my V/LA (sexy side) so I am gonna talk to Vandy when he gets on later.

However from what I've read one of TB/DeGrey should die toDay. I want TB dead the most though.

Vote: T-Block

Cop needs to hit PLSD/Swiss or possibly Nabe/Zen imo.

SK, I'll take the soup's hand while Vandy wants the Kat's hand for a bit. Deal? Yay.

Ran, I'll split the difference with you. Vote TB and I'll re-consider something you'd like.

This day needs to end, like now.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
I've seen the damn movie. The captain of the other ship isn't immensly powerful, and defeinitely isn't hunting for one specific individual

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
Something about a crumb and a scumslip? Why is KK deflecting to T-Block now? I don't think DeGrey or X1 are going to let each other go until one or the other is gone.

I also hate that self-sacrificial bull****. It doesn't smell scummy to me, but it does smell hella-Indy to me.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
X1, he has a ****ing laser drill that can reach a planet's core and the ability to CREATE A BLACK HOLE! He's out to ruin the lives of two specific individuals. The route he takes in the movie is planet destruction. This isn't the movie.

Again, WHAT DOES IT MATTER?!

Something about a crumb and a scumslip? Why is KK deflecting to T-Block now? I don't think DeGrey or X1 are going to let each other go until one or the other is gone.

I also hate that self-sacrificial bull****. It doesn't smell scummy to me, but it does smell hella-Indy to me.
No, I'm not pushing a .JPG lynch.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Which reminds me Kat you claimed this in your original claim post

Song of time = Transport you to another game
Reverse song of time = Rewind the Day
Speed up song of time = Skips impending Night phase

You then played "Song of time (1x speed)" Aka the song of time and that rewound the Day (which fits with flavour) nonetheless, its contrary to what you claimed

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
welp

i don't think i have the time to read the gamethread like this. walking into a couple hundred new posts per day quite literally may be too time-demanding for me to actually commit to this while juggling four other mafia games as well as art ****, friends and a life. throw this in with the fact that i'll be back in school next monday, i quite literally don't have time to devote to a read of the game. i'll stay on top of current situations but don't expect me to be the most knowledgeable.

if that bothers you, lynch me. i don't give a damn and neither does kuz.

if kk had a tblock case prior to this **** with broto, i rescind my previous point. can you link me to the tblock case?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, at this point I have a really tough time seeing video as scum when he could have just ridden Degrey claiming he'd do a gov save on his slot for the breadcrumb.

Additionally, although there's a chance Degrey might be indy (although his most recent defense makes sense, so I think that's unlikely), I'd be very surprised if he was mafia, given how he fake claimed gov to stop a wagon on a likely townie.

So, at the moment I'd put my town list like this.

Town:
July/Kawaii (claimed masons)
Video
Ran (His gut reactions with a fast claim felt legitimate to me, I haven't seen anything he's done as scummy.)
Degrey
SK (He's proven his claim, but I've seen a scum governor before and I'm a bit wary of clearing him on just that. However he's clearly not the play for today.)

Unsure:
Swiss (I've rather liked his analysis when he does post, but those are infrequent and he's very good as scum)
Reyth (His earlier scum hunting was really nice, but I feel he's been coasting ever since his top 4 scum picks or so got eliminated as options.)
Zen (The gambit seemed townie, but I don't feel he's done all that much else.)

Scum
PLSD (Lurker.)
Nabe (Please tell me you know and understand the case I have against this guy. PLEASE.)

@Nabe
Let me put it this way. Just because someone gave a list of reads doesn't make them town, but if they've avoided giving such a list in a game this size, then it's a red flag.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
[collapse=TBcase]
I abhor your your list on reads. Simply put is because it's shallow and based purely off who agrees with you and who doesn't. Also the fact you keep putting everyone at "lean this way" "leans that way" without taking a solid stance on them isn't good as well. Your two strongest reads are your scum-read on Nichy and your town-read on Reyth.

A majority of your posts have been complaining about catching up however those are just null tells in general. There was one complain post I want to bring up. Which I certainly don't agree to this post. And you also pre-empt yourself to a back netting almost in case Reyth's reasonings catch heat that you have other reasons yourself. The fact this is your very next post seems to show you didn't really think Ran is scum for what he's done. You've already left the backdoor open to dismiss it as poor town play.

The point of your first paragraph can easily be dismissed as reads changed. Especially considering the rapid speed of this game that you keep bringing up. But you attack him from both sides, you say his original read was bad and his attack on Nabe at the current time is bad as well.

Your next to lines aren't true either because July has been on DG and disagreeing with him. Not agreeing. Also we never went out of our way to quote Nichy boy.

Yet you come back very shortly to go back on what you just said but in a waffly way.

I don't like this one line from your 1067. The bolded bit even more so. It's like you are alluding that you know DeGrey isn't scum so he wouldn't do that. It may just be me but I dislike the wording of it.

I really dislike this paragraph of you TB. What in the world are you saying with this? Scummy behaviour =/= Scum? Da hell? Isn't that the point, to find scummy behaviour and lynch scummy people? Yet for DeGrey you say it's naive to do so. But at the same time you say he is null-needing pressure.

In this post, you say some odd things in the second line. Odd meaning you do about everything besides swear upon a bible that we should listen to DeGrey's claim and believe it's more real. "No reason to not believe him." "If he's telling the truth, his claim timing is fine" "Also due to the nature of his restriction."

Next thing is where you shoot yourself in the foot. You say that you feel he isn't genuine which could be a valid point, but you add the line "I'm sure someone is gonna come in and defend Ran." which is already hurting your argument to begin with.

Your 1149 is off. The reasons you are accusing Ran for in that post are extremely weak and pretty null overall. It's like you are trying to find other reasons to call him scum to be original.

Okay you say you wish you had stronger reads at the time which if very off colour. Though to be fair, you forgot to mention you had a strong Reyth town read as of that post.

However! I find your next paragraph completely scummy as hell. You redirect the thing back onto July and get extremely defensive/deflective back onto her.

First off you downplay July again. By saying she's better then this and calling her naive. Then you try and say that "Would Ryker really be this scummy as scum?" Da hell is that as a reason to put him as null? Your reasoning for DeGreyNull is horrendous. It's WIFOM as you said for one. It's meta which you even admit to being poor reasoning. And overall you are saying Scummy Behaviour=/=Scum. I honestly do not get you.

Overall TB I feel your reasonings for a lot of this are weak as hell and not substantial. You don't have a lot of content besides just answering things. I've yet to see you scum-hunt. I also feel your reads are very wishy washy and gives the impression that you've left yourself openings for you to escape out of in case others disagree.

........thinking this over I don't like where my vote is. I didn't originally intend for this to be a TBscum case but after looking over his posts I'm bumping him up above everyone. Plus after reading the game a bit more I am starting like the ring of DeGreyTown. VG is still meh.

Unvote
Vote: T-Block
[/collapse]

Here ya are PLSD.

Top Bottom