• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
OK ok.

We were masons with July, it just wasn't confirmed town.

Thing is, she just came out and claimed that we were confirmed town masons. We were so sure that she just saw us as town and didn't want us to die, so we went along with it (not that we had a chance).
SUPER ULTRA SCUMMY

She claimed her role in the first post in our qt.

She was Ando and we were Hiro from Heroes. She was Town Time Traveller, basically she could travel to a night (including the past) and bring someone with them and force them to use their night action. She had a restriction called fear that stopped her from moving more than 2 nights ahead in the future. All this she claimed while it was still N0.

Both of us weren't sure if this was supposed to be like a pseudo doctor role or weak role blocker in a sense. We are town role blocker. We can target someone on any Night in the future or present (not the past) and if they attempt to time travel we role block them. If they use their action in the present our role block fails.
Uhh... force them to use it? What if they can't use it, like if they were an every-other-night role? She can force them then?

Last Night we planned for her to take Nabe to Night 3, and we role blocked DeGrey.

But yeah, wow, I still think July is being framed somehow... but eh, this is ridiculous.
What is your reasoning for those night actions?

I know I'm reaching here but I honestly believe that was the reason PSDL stuck their neck out to stop Nabe's lynch is that they couldn't let Nabe die. He probably has some really good role. There is no explanation for PSDL's play other than they were just ****ing around or they had to stop Nabe's lynch.

Ran I love you forever if you used your role. I pick Nabe by the way.

I dunno what else to say. If July was scum she played us HARD.
k.

@Gova: Just kidding :bee:

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
You got a guilty on KK, but u no vote?
It is totally a good idea to jump in the thread and vote when there are FIVE NEW PAGES.

Hell, I looked at the votecount and saw he was at L-1 at some point.

And I actually don't have a guilty on KK so yeah.

He was still scummy as hell, but I'm now processing his post I just quoted, and preparing to read the stuff after that.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well if you were worried about votals you could have FoS'd him stating that reason. :bee:

@Gova: Why did you ask Jpg if his guilty was real?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jpg: Can you point out a difference in July's play here and her play in Degray?

Here is my thoughts: Donnie Darko is a doomed townie. Meaning he we doomed to his fate. Get me?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
So KK, say on N2, July targetted the Vig and forced them to go back to N1 to kill us. What would happen? We'd have died Last Night so all of our posts would stop existing?? But its alreayd happened. There's no way this claim is real

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
I'll clear up our roles even if it doesn't matter.

Reyth, July can take people to the past, present or future (restricted to 2 nights in the future). So she could take someone to N0, N1, N2, N3 on the last phase.

For example, if Nabe is a killer and he tries to kill you on N1, and july takes him to N3, his action is submitted on N3 instead. So instead of Reyth dieing on N1, Nabe wouldn't try to kill him until Night 3 (I think, as long as I'm understanding time travel right, which maybe I'm not).

Better yet, if Nabe was lynched toDay, Reyth might never die (it's still possible he would because it was submitted before he was lynched, but yeah, time travel is tricky).

That's why we moved Nabe's action as far forward as possible. It probably failed though because July died. Or Nabe killed July. I'm lost.

We role blocked DeGrey because we might of got confirmation if he tried to time travel or something. That and we thought he was scum.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Gova. So who are your scumpicks ToDay?

Jpg, here is what I want you to do once you finish reading.

Explain Degray defending PLSD = him wanting others just to listen to him, and it not being a scum buddy hard defending him.

Also explain your reasons for KK and Nabe as your scumpicks.
PLSD came in the thread and sucked up to Ryker HARD. It's a Laundry-Ryker thing. Ryker wouldn't want him lynched after PLSD defended him (if that even happened, I don't remember and can't be ****ed to reread all this)
More importantly, PLSD outright said he would listen to Ryker, which is something Ryker would always like to use.
And I'm calling him Ryker even though I should be calling him DeGrey, oops.

And being scumbuddies super defending each other would be too obvious. /wifom

Nabe is scum because um... something to do with what happened yesterDay. *looks up stuff that X1 posted in the QT because he's more coherent than me*
X1 didn't like how Nabe attacked SK's claim for not being 100% watertight, yet he ignored PLSD's claim. X1 pointed out that Terra, and FF6, the game she's in, have nothing to do with time travel.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
KK, do you think any of July's plans were weird? Such as her unvoting SK, or anything said to you?

Like Reyth, I don't really understand the Sorceress shenanigans.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
So KK, say on N2, July targetted the Vig and forced them to go back to N1 to kill us. What would happen? We'd have died Last Night so all of our posts would stop existing?? But its alreayd happened. There's no way this claim is real
You'd probably still die, as long as a doctor wasn't protecting you on N1, or a role blocker wasn't targeting them on N1.

I wish I could quote from our qt, it would be much easier lol

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Jpg: Can you point out a difference in July's play here and her play in Degray?
Nope.
There's not even any point. I try to avoid meta for the most part.

I'll clear up our roles even if it doesn't matter.

Reyth, July can take people to the past, present or future (restricted to 2 nights in the future). So she could take someone to N0, N1, N2, N3 on the last phase.

For example, if Nabe is a killer and he tries to kill you on N1, and july takes him to N3, his action is submitted on N3 instead. So instead of Reyth dieing on N1, Nabe wouldn't try to kill him until Night 3 (I think, as long as I'm understanding time travel right, which maybe I'm not).

Better yet, if Nabe was lynched toDay, Reyth might never die (it's still possible he would because it was submitted before he was lynched, but yeah, time travel is tricky).

That's why we moved Nabe's action as far forward as possible. It probably failed though because July died. Or Nabe killed July. I'm lost.

We role blocked DeGrey because we might of got confirmation if he tried to time travel or something. That and we thought he was scum.
This is ridonkulous.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
No but I've already done things during D2, If I was killed during D1 there's no way I could have done those things (from the game's point of view).

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Yeah besides I thought this game only involves traveling forward in time. Also KK, you still haven't explained why you targeted Nabe.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Maybe it doesn't work on killing roles? I don't know. I'm not claiming to be an expert on time travel >.<

Gova are you ********? Read the part where I said Nabe is a killer lol

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Why not just roleblock him then to stop the kill completely instead of sending him to N3 where it happens later?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Pardon me, I'm at work, but how in the heck do you get the number of phases??

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
KK, do you think any of July's plans were weird? Such as her unvoting SK, or anything said to you?

Like Reyth, I don't really understand the Sorceress shenanigans.
KK, can you get to this? :bee:

Anyone have thoughts on Nich being a doomed townie?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Kk thx.

KK, who are your scumpicks for ToDay? Thoughts on recent events?

Why does it heavily incriminate KK in your POV?

I do agree on Nabe being a PoI.

What is your thoughts on JPG?
Gova please answer this.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Ok if it isn't clear already this is vand.

First off, I want to apologise to DeGrey in case they took something I said as a personal attack. I never intend to offend anyone, I'm just not that kind of person. This is a game and I never intend to hurt feelings. It was difficult for me to articulate why I thought you were scum. I was just doing my best to get your lynch or at least convince others of what I thought. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

If you think we played horrible, whatever, you're entitled to an opinion, but we damn well made sure mafia was lynched on Day 1, and I'm still 99% sure Nabe is scum too. You're probably scum too, but nothing I can do about that anymore. Hopefully we can be chill after this game.

So much salt at this scum team (whoever you are). It's clear to me now that PSDL stopping Nabe's lynch was actually a really amazing move for them. I still can't bring myself to believe that July is scum.

We're Hiro the independent time travelling role blocker. We had a N0 power called a New Ando where we could mason someone. We picked July. She literally just told us everything: Full claim, reads, reasoning, complete thought processes. She was just so town it was ridiculous.

Before J and I went on V/LA, J convinced her to claim that we were Town confirmed masons. If she was pressed for flavour she would claim she is Ando and we are Hiro. She did it and yeah, we were sitting pretty and would of had this. But then she flipped scum :(. She couldn't of been scum, this is all Nabe's fault and my salt levels at him are off the charts.

Anyway, our win condition is that we win when no one can kill. It's possible that there isn't a vigilante, and our win con was just to kill all the mafia and other indys. Who knows. We didn't have a kill either so take that into consideration. Maybe there are two mafia factions? No idea.

We both considered ourselves town in spirit. I actually won't be surprised if this another one of OS's fake win cons, because our role pm actually says Independent, and then after it in brackets it says town. So I dunno, are we a town aligned indy? I dunno. This could mean their are pro mafia indys, but again this is pure speculation.

So yeah, lynch us. We can no longer win. We aren't going to self hammer or anything dumb, use the day if you want to.

@SoupaKat: We still love you

@Swiss: You can't read me don't pretend you can.

inb4usingAtEtosaveourselves

inb4attackingthisposttoprovewearemafia

No you crumbs, we want out of this game so we can be reunited with our July.

Nabe is scum. Make him burn :chuckle:

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
No, but you were phrasing in a way that made it seem like you know Nabe is a killer.

Ran, KK should be obvious, lied about being confirmed masons with July who flipped scum. As for Jpeg, he's town I guess.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Lol, so? This isn't the first time scum has been neighboorized. See FF6 and Super Heros. I doubt July's flip is fake.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Gova, you aren't trying to consider KK's pov. Have you even asked why KK lied about masoning being confirmed town both ways? I don't think you have.

Neighborizer is null. Now, does his in game actions line up with your accusaTION?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
The fact that KK just claimed Indy makes me not want to lynch him, for the sole purpose of pissing off Kuz, who is scum and possibly returning.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Ran omg you need to think about it. He went along with it because it keeps him alive! He jsut claimed indy. It explains why he didn't clarify when July claimed town confirmed masons. It benefited both of them.

Top Bottom