• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Degray: You did not have legit reasons at all. I asked you that to see if you would have said if it changed or reads or something.
It made me regret some of the things I said to Vandy/J until I realized I wasn't sorry because their play still sucks balls.

I was considering the masons cleared.

Nabe was still town.

Ran, you obviously have absolutely no solid reasoning to lynch Nabe. I mentioned specifically that I liked the way Nabe responded to the case against him and that I thought it was completely bogus. In addition, I thought the scum team had to have been orchestrating this deadline lynch on a non-scummy slot. You say that I had nothing, but you took NO INITIATIVE in challenging that town read yesterday. In fact, you put your double vote to use in helping me save Nabe.

Bull**** reasoning. Next.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, I wasn't sold on your reasons. In fact I said I wouldn't promise staying off it... but... OH NOES... PLSD came in with that stop nabe stuff... and that was ONE of the reasons why I switched to PLSD.

Now, what was your reasoning for staying off PLSD?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Jpg I want your thoughts on this now.

I selected Nabe and Degray to go ToDay.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
^ or why not both of them since you're a double voter. You wouldn't even have to choose.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
OK ok.

We were masons with July, it just wasn't confirmed town.

Thing is, she just came out and claimed that we were confirmed town masons. We were so sure that she just saw us as town and didn't want us to die, so we went along with it (not that we had a chance).

I was 100% convinced that July was town though. I still think there is some mafia shenanigans going on, but eh I can't prove anything. Just don't kill us straight away.

She claimed her role in the first post in our qt.

She was Ando and we were Hiro from Heroes. She was Town Time Traveller, basically she could travel to a night (including the past) and bring someone with them and force them to use their night action. She had a restriction called fear that stopped her from moving more than 2 nights ahead in the future. All this she claimed while it was still N0.

Both of us weren't sure if this was supposed to be like a pseudo doctor role or weak role blocker in a sense. We are town role blocker. We can target someone on any Night in the future or present (not the past) and if they attempt to time travel we role block them. If they use their action in the present our role block fails.

Last Night we planned for her to take Nabe to Night 3, and we role blocked DeGrey.

But yeah, wow, I still think July is being framed somehow... but eh, this is ridiculous.

I know I'm reaching here but I honestly believe that was the reason PSDL stuck their neck out to stop Nabe's lynch is that they couldn't let Nabe die. He probably has some really good role. There is no explanation for PSDL's play other than they were just ****ing around or they had to stop Nabe's lynch.

Ran I love you forever if you used your role. I pick Nabe by the way.

I dunno what else to say. If July was scum she played us HARD.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Well, I wasn't sold on your reasons. In fact I said I wouldn't promise staying off it... but... OH NOES... PLSD came in with that stop nabe stuff... and that was ONE of the reasons why I switched to PLSD.

Now, what was your reasoning for staying off PLSD?
He pulled a gambit to save Nabe that protected me from the one thing I was scared of in a last minute scramble (a switch to me). He pulled it when he could've EASILY continued coasting into Day 2. His maneuver was EXACTLY what I needed to save Nabe and it lined up with what I was trying to do. Why in the WORLD would I want him lynched after that? I have all of the next day phase to make sure he isn't going to continue just sheeping. I have a flip to gain more information.

As MANY people pointed out, it was a fairly transparent gambit and you could've EASILY gone back to Nabe, yet you did not and you did not explain why you would not. You did not take issue with my reasons for wanting to keep him alive, yet you're condemning me for it and him for, apparently, nothing.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You were voting him for a slip.

I can only vote ONE person with two votes, Gova.

I would hammer, that's why.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
gova said:
reyth ninja: terra had a restriction where she had to claim to use her power basically. I'm pretty sure it carried over here.
Gova, could you expand on this?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
In FF6 mafia, Terra had to post that picture and post some command line called morph or something. It basically confirmed that the person was Terra once there was a vote count put up. Also, I think he posted the role pm's there and that was the restriction.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
It made me regret some of the things I said to Vandy/J until I realized I wasn't sorry because their play still sucks balls.
There's no reason to be such a jerk you know :bee:.

You not seeing through Kuz/Laundry was terrible.

We aren't scum and we won't flip that way unless Nabe's role is OP.

Lynch us today, we'll go disco dancing happy into the night. I don't think J cares anymore lol.

I'm happy I was right about Nabe scum all along though. And maybe you, we'll see.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I would hammer, that's why.
You could've placed one vote. You could've moved back later when there was less votes there. You could've explained why you were unwilling to hammer.

All of this is chasing a rabbit and simply allows me to prove you a liar where it doesn't matter.

Now, why are Nabe and/or I scum? Both of us. In-depth reasoning. Explain how it was enough to make you use your action despite the consequences.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
There's no reason to be such a jerk you know :bee:.

You not seeing through Kuz/Laundry was terrible.

We aren't scum and we won't flip that way unless Nabe's role is OP.

Lynch us today, we'll go disco dancing happy into the night. I don't think J cares anymore lol.

I'm happy I was right about Nabe scum all along though. And maybe you, we'll see.
Sealed my willingness to lynch him. How about you, Swiss?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He pulled a gambit to save Nabe that protected me from the one thing I was scared of in a last minute scramble (a switch to me). He pulled it when he could've EASILY continued coasting into Day 2. His maneuver was EXACTLY what I needed to save Nabe and it lined up with what I was trying to do. Why in the WORLD would I want him lynched after that? I have all of the next day phase to make sure he isn't going to continue just sheeping. I have a flip to gain more information.

As MANY people pointed out, it was a fairly transparent gambit and you could've EASILY gone back to Nabe, yet you did not and you did not explain why you would not. You did not take issue with my reasons for wanting to keep him alive, yet you're condemning me for it and him for, apparently, nothing.

Your reasoning for Nabe I didn't like. You only said "The case on him is bad", even though I wasn't even relying on the case on him. So that didn't help at all, that was crap reasoning. I was expecting a "Nabe did this and this and this and that's townie".

Well I didn't want to hammer and end the DaY. I switched to PLSD just to get a wagon switch and to see what would happen. But July hammered. or she thought she did. i dunno.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Your reasoning for Nabe I didn't like. You only said "The case on him is bad", even though I wasn't even relying on the case on him. So that didn't help at all, that was crap reasoning. I was expecting a "Nabe did this and this and this and that's townie".
So it all comes back to your non-existent reasoning for Nabe being scum that you STILL haven't posted despite it being requested multiple times. I had seen NOTHING that pointed to Nabe scum and had seen him actively scum hunting. If you didn't like my read, why didn't you challenge it then?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
He pulled a gambit to save Nabe that protected me from the one thing I was scared of in a last minute scramble (a switch to me). He pulled it when he could've EASILY continued coasting into Day 2. His maneuver was EXACTLY what I needed to save Nabe and it lined up with what I was trying to do.
So nice of scum to just help out all the townies mirite?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I didn't need to, because PLSD did that gambit. SO I switched to PLSD.

And got caught in the moment.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Out for the night. Gova, take care of pushing my point on Ran.

KK, July had a restriction called Fear? How did this fit in with Ando? (p.s. I loved Heroes.) Why would you believe she was "Town Time Traveller" when Ando's ability in Heroes was to accelerate other people's superpowers and had nothing to do with time travel? How is it you were non-confirmed masons as Hiro/Ando when those are two people that would clearly be confirmed town to one another?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm not dodging. And after PLSD's flip, it was obvious it was either you or Nabe.

Tell me, do you think PLSD was trying to save two townies as wifom then?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I'm not dodging. And after PLSD's flip, it was obvious it was either you or Nabe.

Tell me, do you think PLSD was trying to save two townies as wifom then?
Yes.

No explain why it was obvious that it was either you or Nabe as you are still dodging and have not given a sufficient explanation as I have shown in these last few posts.

Also, I'm disappearing after my food is done and do not know when I'll be back.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
KK quoting July said:
basically she could travel to a night (including the past) and bring someone with them and force them to use their night action
And you believed her in this??

How does the mod even handle something like this??

T-block

B2B TST
Tblock: I did answer your question. You just didn't get what you wanted to hear. People won't lynch either of them, and I want them lynched.

Degray: You did not have legit reasons at all. I asked you that to see if you would have said if it changed or reads or something.
This shows that even you don't have confidence in your case on either of them. If your case were that strong, you would be able to convince instead of forcing a lynch.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Reyth she was more elaborate than that. I'll explain it in detail when I'm not late for uni. The past basically means N0, or toNight it would mean N0 or N1. She could travel to previous nights basically.

Oh yeah btw, our restriction was called power loss. If we participate in lynching a non killing role (it wasn't specified as scum, it said killing role) then we lose our role block for a whole phase. THis also included if we role blocked a doctor who otherwise would have saved someone, or if we role blocked a redirector, etc.

I really have to go now, I'm mad late.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Reyth again it means for example, if Nabe tried to kill you toNight, he would kill you on N3 instead, assuming the time travel stuff which i don't understand really.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Btw, I would like to point out a connection between SK and Nich. SK said the world is going to end and the movie Donnie Darko is also about the world ending.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
K guys. I lied. :bee:

Obv I didn't use my ability.

I want to know why Jpg didn't SAY anything at the time he was viewing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Votecount:

Kawaii Kangaroo (3) - Gova, Swiss, Reyth,

Not voting: T-block, videogames.jpg, Nabe, Kawaii Kangaroo, Ranmaru, Degrey,

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Deadline is set for Friday, August 19th, at 3:00 p.m. EST

@Mod: Can we vote for SoupaKat?
More generally phrased question maybe?
She was removed from the game, so no.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
OK ok.

We were masons with July, it just wasn't confirmed town.

Thing is, she just came out and claimed that we were confirmed town masons. We were so sure that she just saw us as town and didn't want us to die, so we went along with it (not that we had a chance).
Ok but why didn't you clarify as soon as you got back and basically confirmed you had private communication?

I was 100% convinced that July was town though. I still think there is some mafia shenanigans going on, but eh I can't prove anything. Just don't kill us straight away.

She claimed her role in the first post in our qt.

She was Ando and we were Hiro from Heroes. She was Town Time Traveller, basically she could travel to a night (including the past) and bring someone with them and force them to use their night action. She had a restriction called fear that stopped her from moving more than 2 nights ahead in the future. All this she claimed while it was still N0.

Both of us weren't sure if this was supposed to be like a pseudo doctor role or weak role blocker in a sense. We are town role blocker. We can target someone on any Night in the future or present (not the past) and if they attempt to time travel we role block them. If they use their action in the present our role block fails.
For reference.

Last Night we planned for her to take Nabe to Night 3, and we role blocked DeGrey.

But yeah, wow, I still think July is being framed somehow... but eh, this is ridiculous.

I know I'm reaching here but I honestly believe that was the reason PSDL stuck their neck out to stop Nabe's lynch is that they couldn't let Nabe die. He probably has some really good role. There is no explanation for PSDL's play other than they were just ****ing around or they had to stop Nabe's lynch.

Ran I love you forever if you used your role. I pick Nabe by the way.

I dunno what else to say. If July was scum she played us HARD.
Why would you take Nabe to Night 3 if you think he's scum? That doesn't make sense with your stance on him and what you planned to do.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Wow I didn't even notice that July was killed. I just thought that was a repost of the other kill lol.

I'm gonna read this bull**** now.

Hey Ran, I think you're town now, after PLSD's lynch. Is that ok? We can be town together.

Top Bottom