• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TMNT: Smash Up. A fighter by Brawl developers

n88

Smash Lord
Vote for Leonardo. Not only is he the best Turtle, he's also got the greatest namesake. WIN

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Glad to see Karai is in this game, another character I will main. Nightwatcher do sound and perform different, it does beat having a clone moveset. =P

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
The addition of Karai makes sense. Fugitoid? Not so much. :ohwell:

Are the developers drunk or something? These roster choices are getting random.
WHAT!?!

Dude, Fugitoid is a core character of the franchise. Besides, he's supposedly going to be heavily involved in the story mode of the game. I admit that I was expecting them to use his beefed-up form instead, though, but this works too.

Hopefully they'll reveal Leatherhead next.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff, I'm glad nightwatcher will also be playable. I'll use Raphael more out of the suit than in it though.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
WHAT!?!

Dude, Fugitoid is a core character of the franchise. Besides, he's supposedly going to be heavily involved in the story mode of the game. I admit that I was expecting them to use his beefed-up form instead, though, but this works too.

Hopefully they'll reveal Leatherhead next.
Sorry if I offended you, it's just that I've never seen the Mirage comic books and only saw the 2003 animated series version of Fugitoid. :embarrass

At least they didn't include Venus. That would've been messy.

But still, Leatherhead would be nice (even if none of the '87 cartoon villains show up).

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
You didn't offend me. I just have to overreact like that to help stem the tide of TMNT ignorance in the world because there's so much of it. :)

Anyway, I don't think we have to worry about Venus showing up. Peter Laird (co-creator) despises her. I'm still hoping that they'll show us some characters from the '87 cartoon too, though I'd rather they use Leatherhead from the comics/2003 cartoon. I'd love to see some old toon vs new toon action.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
I was going to vote for Utrominator, but apparently you have to be a registered member to vote and I'm not going to create an account just to vote on one poll.

Leo is my favorite character, and that is precisely why I don't want to see him display all of his moves before I get a chance to play as him. I'd like to see the Utrominator, though, as I'm interested in seeing just what kind of artillery this thing packs.

As for the new trio, Fugitoid looks like an interesting addition. And in addition to April we now have another female ninja. My knowledge of the non-80's cartoon side of the franchise is very limited, but IIRC Karai is an experienced ninja with a high-ranking position in the foot clan. So I guess she could have a more refined ninja-playstyle than April. And I'm not complaining, but Nightwatcher is just Raph...in a tech suit.

ultimate win

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1916451 (not really nsfw,, it's humor)
I'm glad I'm not a Don fan.:laugh: What's interesting, though, is that Donatello is the turtle showcased alongside the three newcomers in the recent trailer.

Did anyone else notice that the Rabbids aren't on the poll? Could that mean something about their inclusion in the final roster?

Tony_

Smash Ace
Nightwatcher is going to be a good character in this game. He'll have huge attack, good defense, and good speed. The problem? He probably won't have that many combos.

I was going to vote for Utrominator, but apparently you have to be a registered member to vote and I'm not going to create an account just to vote on one poll.

Leo is my favorite character, and that is precisely why I don't want to see him display all of his moves before I get a chance to play as him. I'd like to see the Utrominator, though, as I'm interested in seeing just what kind of artillery this thing packs.

As for the new trio, Fugitoid looks like an interesting addition. And in addition to April we now have another female ninja. My knowledge of the non-80's cartoon side of the franchise is very limited, but IIRC Karai is an experienced ninja with a high-ranking position in the foot clan. So I guess she could have a more refined ninja-playstyle than April. And I'm not complaining, but Nightwatcher is just Raph...in a tech suit.

I'm glad I'm not a Don fan.:laugh: What's interesting, though, is that Donatello is the turtle showcased alongside the three newcomers in the recent trailer.

Did anyone else notice that the Rabbids aren't on the poll? Could that mean something about their inclusion in the final roster?
Rabbids are hidden characters.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
You didn't offend me. I just have to overreact like that to help stem the tide of TMNT ignorance in the world because there's so much of it. :)

Anyway, I don't think we have to worry about Venus showing up. Peter Laird (co-creator) despises her. I'm still hoping that they'll show us some characters from the '87 cartoon too, though I'd rather they use Leatherhead from the comics/2003 cartoon. I'd love to see some old toon vs new toon action.
You sure are right on the point about TMNT ignorance around the world. I still can't wait to see Leatherhead reveald.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
If Leatherhead get's conformed then we can talk more about Leatherhead being a good character. >.<

Tony_

Smash Ace
Leather Head will be a literal hit or miss character.

He'll be good because he'll have more power than Shredder or Utrominator.

He'll be bad because he might end up being the slowest in the game with no combos.

Yeah...its a hit or miss.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Looks epic so far, I wonder if that's going to look like that on all the boxes? It should, saves them the time of risk/rewards.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Bebop, Rocksteady, Tokka, Ridley Razhar, Slash, Shogun, Panda Khan, Leatherhead, Krang, Venus, Metalhead, ...

So many characters I'd love to see.. They should give the 80's cartoon some love.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Oh gawd Slash, that would be too epic to see him in this game. When I saw him in Turtles in Time for the SNES that made my day for still keeping that game. Alright, it won't be likely but it would be fun to see him in this game.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
Here's a question I'm unsure has been asked, but it should be THE question:

Is this game Melee fast, or Brawl fast?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Technodrome stage back ground looks sick. The game play looks faster from the previews, I wonder why? Maybe it's just me.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
The Technodrome stage essentially confirmed Krang at the very least, MAYBE Bebop and Rocksteady.
Uhhh... I take it you missed the part where they referred to the Utrominator as sort of an "upgrade" over Krang? It's not sounding like Krang will be in, but who knows. At the very least, Bebop and Rocksteady's chances just went up substantially!

Tony_

Smash Ace
Uhhh... I take it you missed the part where they referred to the Utrominator as sort of an "upgrade" over Krang? It's not sounding like Krang will be in, but who knows. At the very least, Bebop and Rocksteady's chances just went up substantially!
Lol. I didn't hear them mention that in the vid. I missed it.

But yeah, Bebop and Rocksteady's chances just went up by a ton.

Top Bottom