• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TMNT: Smash Up. A fighter by Brawl developers

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I kind of dislike how they show part of the fight and not the whole thing. ;_; ♥

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I noticed that they skipped about 30 seconds after Shredder picked up the power-up. I wanna know what happened! Maybe someone interrupted the game, and they just stood around for 20+ seconds while they told him to get lost... :chuckle:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Still, Sakurai = bad news.

Sakurai isn't working on this, because by "developers of Brawl" they mean Game Arts, not Sora nor Hal Labs.

He may have made Melee, but when asked to casualize the game up a bit, he made some pretty poor decisions.

--

The game looks awesome. I'm hoping for some alternate costumes.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Alternate costumes? I think at least colored one's would be in this game. Though the glow around the characters might make it hard to see their costumes when fighting.

Kyo Tanaka

Smash Rookie
Alternate costumes? I think at least colored one's would be in this game. Though the glow around the characters might make it hard to see their costumes when fighting.
I never seen an alternative costume for the Turtles, but I think it would kinda be cool to have IMO.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Lol. I like how grabbing on the ledge doesn't give you invincibility.

And Boss characters? Start making your bets now. I'm calling Leatherhead as a boss.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
Ooh, one can only hope Leatherhead is one of the bosses.

I'm predicting another character video next Wednesday or Thursday. :suess:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Sadly TMNT Turtles in Time Reshelled failed to please IGN. Hopefully Smash Up will fix the TMNT epic name.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
Gamespot posted a TMNT franchise article. It's nothing too special, but it's got some character pictures for Smash Up that I haven't seen before: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6214674/index.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=picks&tag=picks;title;1

I'd say their list of the best TMNT games is pretty spot on. The 2007 GBA game could have been better if they fleshed it out more, though; but it's the best we've had in some years. Still, Tournament Fighters might have been a better choice.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
One can only hope Leatherhead is PLAYABLE.

As for bosses...perhaps Savanti Romero?
Haha, well, that's what I meant since the Q&A said you could unlock the bosses after fighting them. Savanti would be great too, but I'm not sure how good his chances are. If there are any non-playable bosses, I would hope it would be Super Shredder or someone really powerful like Savanti or Complete Carnage (none of which will probably be in the game).

day-day

Smash Ace
Wow. There sure are some big TMNT fans in here lol
So whose announced so far? I'm really behind on the development of this game.
Think I'm going to go watch my old TMNT cartoon videos and maybe TMNT(the animated one) right after.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
TMNT is very cool.

This game is very uncool.

§leepy God

Smash Master
And people say Turtles in Time Re-Shelled was going to be cool by the looks of it, and what happened when it came out? I kind of want my ten dollars back since I felt robbed, lol. This game isn't even out yet to judge because people saw or played the demo of this game.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I want this game to be good, as any other Smash Bros.-esque games I've played, mainly Viewtiful Joe Red Hot Rumble and Guilty Gear Dust Strikers weren't exactly the best games out of there. I'm sort of having my doubts about it, but I really want it to be good.

Although I hate April's design, but that may just be my bias against anything that isn't related to the classic cartoon XD.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Care to explain why rather than try to fill this topic with hate towards a game you haven't even played yet?
It's no worse than filling the topic with love towards a game you haven't played yet.

I'm watching footage of it, and it looks painfully newb-friendly. The float factor still keeps me up at night. This game would be much better if they implemented Melee-style gravity. It doesn't necessarily have to be a fast game, but the solution to awesome aerial combat is not in extended air time.

Tony_

Smash Ace
The builds we have seen probably aren't even in the final version. Remember E for All and that Brawl demo? Yeah, a bit was changed, and somethings already have been changed.

Though we'll need to test everything, and I mean everything before we deem it inadequate for competitive play.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I'm fine with floaty characters, as I mained Jigglypuff in Melee and Brawl, and I prefer to use aerial attacks in fighting games, unless of course it's too floaty, then there's a problem. The thing that really annoys me is the fact each character has a neon glow around them. Apart from the fact the turtles look slightly similar, and it may be difficult to tell them apart when moving so fast in their new designs, I'm sure people have the brains to know the difference between Donatello, Splinter, April O'Neil and Shredder.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I haven't seen a gameplay video in a while... I wonder if there's new gameplay of this game? *Goes to lurk more*

Crispy4001

Smash Ace
It's no worse than filling the topic with love towards a game you haven't played yet.

I'm watching footage of it, and it looks painfully newb-friendly. The float factor still keeps me up at night. This game would be much better if they implemented Melee-style gravity. It doesn't necessarily have to be a fast game, but the solution to awesome aerial combat is not in extended air time.
Extended from Melee? Yes. Extended from Brawl? That's hard to tell at this point. We don't even know if people are down falling in any of the videos so far, let alone where people will take the game weeks/months/years after release.

I think it's also important to consider what the developers have said about the direction of the game. We've heard multiple times that they're trying to make TMNT Smash Up more ground-combat oriented than the Smash Bros games, not more aerial oriented. Nothing about the game so far leaps out to me as needing Melee style gravity to accomplish that. (in spite of how much I'd like another game like Melee)

Also, what's your reasoning for why it looks "painfully newb-friendly"? Did you hold Brawl to the same standards before you played it? Go back and watch some E4All vids and tell me where you see the depth to claim that it wouldn't end up being "painfully newb-friendly."

... it's just way to early to toss around around a statement like that. Most of the vids are of people playing for the first time, clueless on what their character's movesets are, how to play with them efficiently, etc.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I definitely have high hopes for the game. I want to try it out for myself. I'm just saying that I really have my doubts.

Top Bottom