• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussions Directory (Old)

VietGeek

Smash Hero
So we've finished all the characters.

However, Lucario, Luigi, and ROB will probably need to be rediscussed. I thought Wario and Zelda may be needed to as well but great players for both characters contributed to those two threads so IDK. I will also be remaking any 'unofficial' threads so I can put a synopsis on them later. I've decided I will probably do match-up synopses myself.

Also Wolf, Olimar, and Snake discussions may need to be revised. This is up to you guys.

I will also be reformatting the OP soon so it has a better look to it.

TheJerm

Smash Champion
For suuure, toon link and snake does not go even. 65/35.. maxx 60/40. I also think we have a pretty big advantage against ganon. Oh, and almost even with mario but not luigi?? I also disagree with that. Mario 6/4 toon link. Maybe even for luigi, or close to it.

Edit: is that old or something? cause now I'm seeing alot of things wrong.
..And 9/1 falco =[

VietGeek

Smash Hero
The TL vs TL matchup ratio is all wrong.
You're right...it should be marked 100:0 Meta Knight.

Sorry. =(

So...is anyone seriously wanting to rediscuss any of these? It's like everyone is -

Eh wtf I don't care.

Then they one day lurk a character board and go -

"WTF we should've rediscussed this weeks ago! WTF Viet step it up."

Then I go <_< & >_>, then:

"GTFO meh thread."

Then get an infraction.

So yeah...speak up now or forever hold your peace.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Yeah I agree that Snake & Luigi need to be rediscussed most definitely.

Maybe Falco too, I was always <_< about the seemingly even ratio.

Ganon...well, when he gets in you're going to get *****. But if we move him up then Falcon will go up too. Cux you know, Falcon sucks. <_<

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
We should re-discuss all of them eventually. >_>
Just make a new order, and we'll go in that order.

And maybe list the characters in order of the tier list? <_<

And maybe add that match-up chart to the OP, since this is a match-up thread? T_T

VietGeek

Smash Hero
We are still better than ganon, close up.
We do kinda **** him from faraway, up close he's actually not as bad as you think. But I'm not going to argue for Ganon. I know he's a bad character but since Brawl is a game where punishing your opponent severely from one mistake is difficult, Ganondorf is decent since it only takes a few moves to get TL to kill percent then finish him. I may move him to 70:30 and Falcon to 75:25. There's really nothing to rediscuss about them (I mean we just did them lol).

Also Sasuke, we will probably need to redo them all at some point, but it's best to revise ones that severely need more attention than before (ROB one is the most empty one ever <_<).

At this point, I think (in order of priority in completion) -

- ROB (empty T_T)
- Luigi (need their opinion, we kinda underrated Luigi)
- Lucario (Lucario's metagame is more refined now. I think we discussed him before Azen even used Luc lol).
- Zelda - IDK if she has changed at all and Hedgedawg helped us out. He's a pretty good Zelda but I guess we can rediscuss it).

Those that we need to redo simply because these characters make Viet sad:

- Falco (dumb character that can technically win using ~4 moves in this match-up. Laser, phantasm, Usmash, Dthrow lol.)
- Snake (Japanese metagame and Ally have shown that Snake can also be an offensive beast. His metagame really started moving once people saw Ally and some key JP Snakes).

I'm doing ROB again starting tomorrow.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I meant do the discussions in any order we need to.

And order the ones in the OP (linking to the discussions) by Tier , not the order we do them it.

Can ZSS be up there? =(

And yeah, ROB. **** ROB. -_-
He requires patience, which I don't have.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I looked back at the 6 or so match up summaries I wrote and they are really outdated. This is mainly due to the fact that when the characters were discussed, zair was fairly non-existant in Toon Link's Metagame.

For example some of the tips I wrote for dealing with, say Snake, were "use zair! it's great for poking AND spacing! It makes the match up alot easier!"

>.>;

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I meant do the discussions in any order we need to.

And order the ones in the OP (linking to the discussions) by Tier , not the order we do them it.

Can ZSS be up there? =(

And yeah, ROB. **** ROB. -_-
He requires patience, which I don't have.
I did it like the Marth boards w/ large disadvantage through large advantage. Everyone knows Marth & TL boards bite eachother's sh*t all the time. <__<

Also the last time we spoke to the ZSS boards they were like: "Eh this is all theorycraft but this is even and whatever. By the way we don't think this match-up has ever occurred at a decent level of play lol."

So no Sasuke...both the ZSS and TL boards are kinda at a lost there.

Also when rediscussions happen I expect rediscussions to happen.

This is not a threat, but a command...

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Viet- ur wrong falco cant win with only those 4 moves, he has a 5th move: the reflector lol. :p And go ahead rediscuss. I think ROB is pretty even if u know how to handle him with mid range camping and abusing his blindspot and avoiding his bad kill moves. But he ***** at long range and short range and can gimp us pretty hard with fair if ur not careful. 55:45 or 60:40 ROB seems right. But lets see what the ROBs have to say. :S

Artmastercorey

Smash Journeyman
Quick question , is there a trick to having good footstool hops? I find myself always on the receiving end of one even if im the one whos on top. Especially against pit, ...i know its about timing, but any good advice as to why this happens or how to get better would be appreciated thanks all : D

Silver Swordsman

Smash Apprentice
Can we rediscuss the MK match-up too? Surely by now someone's found some redeeming qualities that makes it more winnable. Last time we talked about it some noob came in and ruined the discussion by talking about Link >.> If it wasn't for this match-up TL would be viable for tourneys.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Changelist -

- Moved Falco to 60:40 his advantage.
- Moved Snake to 55:45 his advantage.
- Moved Link to 60:40 TL's advantage.

- Made a new thread to rediscuss Wario.

Possible next "rediscussions" -

Very Likely
Zelda
Meta Knight
Olimar (lacks input from Oli mains)

Maybe
Pit
Wolf

^ AKA our fellow D rank friends. ^_^

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
He was one of the DKs that beat me. >_>

I'm not the only one sillyyyy.
I'm just the only decent one.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
^ knowing sasuke's playstyle from other vids I assume he played aggro tink on u. And refused to camp. The matchup is definetely DK's favor if we dont camp since u outrange us. But if we camp very smart...it becomes even, a little our favor.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
How long has it been since the olimar, jiggs, and luigi match up. I can kinda see how olimar and luigi numbers matching up but what about jiggs. Ill rest you guys if no one responds, this place seems a little inactive.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I thought that said "My **** almost beat HR :O".
And I was like: o_O

@ Kirbywizard: Those 3 match up ratios are relatively old and need revising.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I thought that said "My **** almost beat HR :O".
And I was like: o_O

@ Kirbywizard: Those 3 match up ratios are relatively old and need revising.
We just redid Luigi like...a month ago. <___<

Anyway I know we need to redo Olimar since not a single Oli main posted in that thread, IDK about Jiggs, she was one of the last ones done and it's unlikely that ratio will move anywhere (mostly because while Jiggs sucks TL isn't good at punishing Jigg's failure).

IDK how to describe it, Santi time.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
We just redid Luigi like...a month ago. <___<

Anyway I know we need to redo Olimar since not a single Oli main posted in that thread, IDK about Jiggs, she was one of the last ones done and it's unlikely that ratio will move anywhere (mostly because while Jiggs sucks TL isn't good at punishing Jigg's failure).

IDK how to describe it, Santi time.
We oli mains (I also main Jiggs and Weegee) would be glad to help, just tell us in the oli boards ahead of time >_>. You shall fear that which is purple. I think alot of match ups in many boards need revising

Top Bottom