• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Toon Link's Match-up Discussions Directory (Old)

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Viet- i feel we should rediscuss ALL the matchups again in detail. Possibly with new discussion threads and all. Theyre so outdated :/.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Viet, go ahead. I don't want to slow things down. It would be a little more effort for me, but a huge waste of time for you guys.
Didn't we do MK for the second time already? Or am i just confused? @_@

fezzmaster

Smash Cadet
what character are we talking about now? because i want to help and its hard to help if you dont know whats going on.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Not yet fezzmaster. All matchups will be rediscussed in the future. Dont worry. After sasuke finishes his guide we will be rediscussing matchups ^_^ yay.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Olimar please.
We can do both at once. >.>

Very nice! Sheikant impresses me once again. What you did to the MK rediscussion OP should be done to everybody else though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Sheikant, I was about to do what you asked. I already made you have the second post.
Did you change your mind? >_>

Edit:
LOL, nvm.

Dumb me XD

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Updated the OP.

*Changed the Olimar Matchup to 55-45 Olimar.
*Changed the Kirby Matchup to 55-45 TL.
*Rediscussing the Diddy Kong Matchup.

Double post but necessary.

*Added the pikachu matchup summary.
*Rediscussing Lucario.
*Also, from now on itll be 2 matchups for 2 weeks and then we'll move on.

A~Kid/ToonethLinkage

Wants His Own Custom Title
Hey guys after we're done with the Diddy Kong and Lucario MU can we PLEASE go over spacies? Falco would be a nice start followed by Wolf then Fox. They can all be annoying to fight as Toon Link and limit our camping abilities. And I have a bit of difficulty fighting them as Toon Link so I think they would be nice to rediscuss.

Hey guys after we're done with the Diddy Kong and Lucario MU can we PLEASE go over spacies? Falco would be a nice start followed by Wolf then Fox. They can all be annoying to fight as Toon Link and limit our camping abilities. And I have a bit of difficulty fighting them as Toon Link so I think they would be nice to rediscuss.
I don't think we should do Falco just yet. If I'm not mistaken, Falco was the last re-discussion we had before Sheikant took over. I think it's too soon.

Fox and Wolf on the other hand are good choices.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
Updated the OP:
*Added the diddy kong matchup summary and ratio.
*Added the lucario matchup summary and ratio.
*Now rediscussing Fox and Wolf.

Radori Nighthawk

Smash Apprentice
The R.O.B's are discussing the matchup against us.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8558333#post8558333

Mk, Falco, Olimar, Marth and Snake. But they arent **** matchups. We sure do have potential ;).
We rack on damage on Snake VERY quickly and not being within a characters length of him makes it hard from him to hit you. This way, no F-tilts and no down throw tech chasing TRY TO KEEP AWAY FROM UP TILT at high percents. If you get an MK that doesn't perfect shield...it shouldn't be to hard. But if he does...:( Marth can get pretty annoying as well seeing how the only move he really will be using is fair since it swat out stuff away so well. His upB and forward B are pretty annoying as well. Camp as hard as you can and you NEED projectile setups against him since his swordplay ***** ours. FALCO IS A PAIN IN. I HATE HIS GUTS! OH MY GOD THAT BIRD.

I really don't have trouhle on Olimar. PERFECTLY SPACED Nair to arrow cancel ***** HARD. (If you mispace it Oli gets a free upsmash) Hell arrow cancels **** hard in that matchup period. Beat beat Pyronic Star's Olimar 2 games to 0 in a small smashfest tourney. He happens to be #3 on MD/VA's power rankings. I was so proud of myself. :)

I have an MM with X's sonic... Halp?
Sonic's UpB is the most annoying move in the history of Smash. Sonic can escape pretty much anything because of that move, as well as approach vertically. Ban Frigate because of the right ledge. It's hard to gimp Sonic because of his UpB.

Sonic's movements can be tricky, since he can cancel his rolls, and jump up and down from them.

As usual, bombs are the best. Boomerangs do well in this matchup. Zair is also very good. Sonic has a few killing moves, like Fsmash and a couple of his aerials.

PUNK9

Smash Journeyman
personally, my 2nd best stage is Battlefeild,
lots and lots of platforms to Qac on.
its actually a very good stage for me.

Top Bottom