• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

4nace

Smash Ace
@ No Johns fans.

How would you feel if something happened outside of the tournament rules, such as you controller getting knocked out of your hands or something else out of your control (such as they way this tournament was run) and it messed up your matches.

However, the only thing that was put online was that you lost your set. Inui has a right to explain why he lost, but if you don't want to hear it then so be it. I guess every single time you guys ever lost it was because you were clearly outplayed o.O

-dMT-

Smash Lord
O please don't take it as a lecture. I was simply reminding you. I'm sure you improve, no question about it. I just believe your performance would only be enhanced if you chose to accept some losses regardless of the scenario.

Complaining about it doesn't help. If the rules were bad, they were bad for everyone. Had they been so completely far from the standard, I'd excpet the top placing smashers to also be different from the norm.

Takign a quick glance at the top placers of COT4, that dosn't seem to be the case.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
..... but there's nothing random about Jungle Japes at all :urg:
It's still a ******** stage with too much luck involved.

It also encourages planking.

Chibo had that stage and Norfair on because he mains R.O.B. and only knows how to plank.

O please don't take it as a lecture. I was simply reminding you. I'm sure you improve, no question about it. I just believe your performance would only be enhanced if you chose to accept some losses regardless of the scenario.

Complaining about it doesn't help. If the rules were bad, they were bad for everyone. Had they been so completely far from the standard, I'd excpet the top placing smashers to also be different from the norm.

Takign a quick glance at the top placers of COT4, that dosn't seem to be the case.
Um... Atomsk getting 25th? King Ace and dmbrandon getting 49th? Azen getting 13th or 17th? Inui getting 33rd? None of this is out of the norm to you?

Atomsk lost to a stage. We lost to teh_spamerer and Snakeee because of a stage.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
@ No Johns fans.

How would you feel if something happened outside of the tournament rules, such as you controller getting knocked out of your hands or something else out of your control (such as they way this tournament was run) and it messed up your matches.

However, the only thing that was put online was that you lost your set. Inui has a right to explain why he lost, but if you don't want to hear it then so be it. I guess every single time you guys ever lost it was because you were clearly outplayed o.O
There's a name for that too. It's called 'sh*t happens.' I'm sure you've heard of it. In those cases obviously a loss would be due to that, however going on and on about it as if to appeal for sympathy is, almost always, unnecessary, repetitive, and completely counter-productive.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Then learn2plank Inui.

No Johns.
This is why I'll always be trash at singles. I don't have that kind of patience. I like doubles way more because there's a lot less gay crap and camping. I actually only practice singles...during tournament sets. I exclusively play doubles at smashfests and when I'm in school playing between classes.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's still a ******** stage with too much luck involved.
...... luck...??? what's that?

Chibo had that stage and Norfair on because he mains R.O.B. and only knows how to plank.
.... soo..... he practiced..... so... he's good?

Edit:
This is why I'll always be trash at singles. I don't have that kind of patience. I like doubles way more because there's a lot less gay crap and camping. I actually only practice singles...during tournament sets. I exclusively play doubles at smashfests and when I'm in school playing between classes.
That's fine. But I don't see how that's relevant here.

:054:

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Actually..I know all those names (including yours lolz). Yea..still pretty normal. I'm sure you like to believe any inconsistency in the tournament was for the same reason as it was for you. Must be comforting.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Atomsk has outplaced and beaten NinjaLink for about three months now. How is it normal for him to get 25th when NinjaLink gets 5th or better? That's only one instance of abnormal results at this tournament. I didn't say it was because of the stages for everyone, but Atomsk most certainly lost to a stage.

Didn't inui say he fixed his problem vs snake?

That's also what Atomsk told me.
I thought I did.

But apparently I can only fight Snake in teams.

-dMT-

Smash Lord
ehhh got classes in the morning. I'm gonna KO.

Best moment in CoT4:

"Yoo that Ike player doesn't have a tag! What's his name?!"

infomon

Smash Scientist
@infzy: Nothing you just said made any sense and none of it was intelligent at all.
How is there any luck involved on a stage that has no random factors? That doesn't even make sense, unless you believe there's "luck" involved in not playing as well as your opponent.

Your comments about the stages were totally silly. Practice those stages and you can be fine at them. Because one guy (the TO) knows how to play the stages doesn't invalidate them, it demonstrates that they're legit lol. What are you saying; Japes should be banned because you can't count to 10?

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh, I actually mean no disrespect I just don't get why you're saying these things.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How is there any luck involved on a stage that has no random factors? That doesn't even make sense, unless you believe there's "luck" involved in not playing as well as your opponent.

Your comments about the stages were totally silly. Practice those stages and you can be fine at them. Because one guy (the TO) knows how to play the stages doesn't invalidate them, it demonstrates that they're legit lol. What are you saying; Japes should be banned because you can't count to 10?

Sorry if I'm coming off harsh, I actually mean no disrespect I just don't get why you're saying these things.

Getting grabbed and CGed into the klaptrap = bad luck.

Getting hit into the klaptrap = bad luck.

Getting hit into the water on the left and dying = luckbased/garbage because it wouldn't happen on stages that aren't crap.

Jungle Japes encourages massive camping and planking.

Stupid stage. Shouldn't be allowed.

I hope you don't think Nofair should be on...

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
chibo posting - theres no apartment manager or anything. it was just spanda yelling at everyone to get em to be quiet saying like, if theres a crap load of us making noise, the neighboors might call the cops or something. no biggy

as for the power going out, people keep tripping over the power cord. blame them

i dont even like norfair... ppl cp it on me not the other way around

infomon

Smash Scientist
Getting grabbed and CGed into the klaptrap = bad luck.

Getting hit into the klaptrap = bad luck.
That's your fault, and your opponent using the level properly. Learn the stage. Use this strat back at them if it's broken.

Getting hit into the water on the left and dying = luckbased/garbage because it wouldn't happen on stages that aren't crap.
"this level's crap because this level's crap" circular reasoning, and that's not luck, that's a positional advantage. You won't die from that at low %s if your character isn't garbage at dealing with it (by avoiding the water, or getting out of the water effectively). It doesn't happen unless you let it happen.

Jungle Japes encourages massive camping and planking.

Stupid stage. Shouldn't be allowed.
These aren't valid reasons for a ban. Some ppl like camping; some chars are better at it than others. FD only = unfairly balancing some chars/strats vs. others.

I don't have a problem with Norfair at all. Avoid the hazards, they're not that hard to deal with. Unless your character has bad mobility? QQ moar?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I don't have a problem with Norfair at all. Avoid the hazards, they're not that hard to deal with. Unless your character has bad mobility? QQ moar?
Today in teams losers finals, almost every time I got hit to the left or right, the lava wall would just move in on me and I couldn't do anything about it at all. That stage is horrendous and has a lot of luck involved. teh_spamerer and Snakeee just went from ledge to ledge over and over. It screams "PLANK ON ME! 6 LEDGES TO CAMP! RUN THE CLOCK!" It has absolutely no place in competitive play where skill is what should matter.

You see, when you're a top player that gets jewed out of higher placings and more money because of stupid stages, you tend to hate them a lot. I'd rather be outplayed. I have no problems with my losses in singles, for instance. Judge and Snakeee didn't use any ******** stages, I didn't use any ******** stages, and they were close sets.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Today in teams losers finals, almost every time I got hit to the left or right, the lava wall would just move in on me and I couldn't do anything about it at all. That stage is horrendous and has a lot of luck involved. teh_spamerer and Snakeee just went from ledge to ledge over and over. It screams "PLANK ON ME! 6 LEDGES TO CAMP! RUN THE CLOCK!" It has absolutely no place in competitive play where skill is what should matter.

You see, when you're a top player that gets jewed out of higher placings and more money because of stupid stages, you tend to hate them a lot. I'd rather be outplayed. I have no problems with my losses in singles, for instance. Judge and Snakeee didn't use any ******** stages, I didn't use any ******** stages, and they were close sets.
Lol..

JOhn.

John.

Nub

infomon

Smash Scientist

eh, your frustration is understandable. Who's your character, anyway? I don't really have trouble avoiding the lava with my main. This is why it's a counterpick, right? I also dislike the level, but I can see why it balances some character advantages over others. Seems like a reasonable asset to the game, to me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
eh, your frustration is understandable. Who's your character, anyway? I don't really have trouble avoiding the lava with my main. This is why it's a counterpick, right? I also dislike the level, but I can see why it balances some character advantages over others. Seems like a reasonable asset to the game, to me.
I use Snake and Meta Knight.

That doesn't change the stupidity that happened there. Everyone at the venue watched and knew it was BS. The rest of the region bans that stage, as well as Jungle Japes. Chibo is the odd one.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Your region bans a legit stage because of a complaint that it exposes a weakness of Snake and MK?

No wonder this game's so unbalanced. Hmmmmmmmm........

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Your region bans a legit stage because of a complaint that it exposes a weakness of Snake and MK?

No wonder this game's so unbalanced. Hmmmmmmmm........
Um...

The stage adds a lot of luck to the game.

MK is actually extremely good there, yet I'm not for it being allowed at all.

Stages that encourage planking and make camping too broken really shouldn't be allowed.

infomon

Smash Scientist
The stage adds luck proportional to the amount that your character sucks at dealing with the transitions.

It's possible that MK is really good there, but then why were you having trouble because of the transitions? MK having some stage advantages and some stage disadvantages at that place, might balance out. idk if it's really been proven that MK dominates all matchups there, or by how much.

Planking and camping is a legit strategy on lots of stages. It's broken if most matchups necessarily degenerate to both chars refusing to approach for the entire duration of the match... but actually the transitions prevent that from being possible. So idk.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
What an incredibly stupid ****ing conversation.

I'm back home and the first thing I want to say is

Chibo I'm sorry, I audibly advocated for the succinct and ruthless punching of you in the mouth to quite a number of people. Mostly in jest but at times, not really.

That said, your shunning the help of the ECRC beforehand to pander to your own crew and the extra blatantly stupid stages added with only ONE ban on hand put sensible players in precarious positions of pretty much throwing their ban to the wind. Your attempting to handle this alone caused it to run super late and pretty much everything went to **** from there (and I mean every single god **** thing). If you ever ever ever wish to run another event with even a quarter as many attendees it would be in your best interest to not have your head firmly planted up your own ***, if for no other reason than so someone would be able to aim properly when attempting to punch you in the mouth.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The stage adds luck proportional to the amount that your character sucks at dealing with the transitions.
No, lol.

You get hit to the right. Lava wall appears. You get hit by lava.

You get grabbed. Lava bursts start flying from the background. You get throw into one.

Etc.

All luck.

It's possible that MK is really good there, but then why were you having trouble because of the transitions? MK having some stage advantages and some stage disadvantages at that place, might balance out. idk if it's really been proven that MK dominates all matchups there, or by how much.
It's definite that MK is insanely good there. He has 6 ledges to abuse like a homo instead of 2. He can also get around really easily.

I still acknowledge that the stage is awful for competitive play.

In fact, MK is so good there that teh_spamerer picks it on people just to show that it should be banned. He kinda proved his point in teams against Atomsk and I.

Planking and camping is a legit strategy on lots of stages. It's broken if most matchups necessarily degenerate to both chars refusing to approach for the entire duration of the match... but actually the transitions prevent that from being possible. So idk.
Planking is banned here because most characters can't stop MK's planking at all and just instantly lose if he gets any tiny percent advantage.

Rykoshet said:
That said, your shunning the help of the ECRC beforehand to pander to your own crew and the extra blatantly stupid stages added with only ONE ban on hand put sensible players in precarious positions of pretty much throwing their ban to the wind. Your attempting to handle this alone caused it to run super late and pretty much everything went to **** from there. If you ever ever ever wish to run another event with even a quarter as many attendees it would be in your best interest to not have your head firmly planted up your own ***, if for no other reason than so someone would be able to aim properly when attempting to punch you in the mouth.
QFT

I offered to help and you refused.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Although I don't like norfair, I don't see enough reason to ban it. Its a CP. I don't see the luck issue as much. Same for japes. Its not any different being cgd into a claptrap as playing against snake on smashville and having the moving platform move towards you and snake blowing up the c4 on it imo.

Also, RIG pwning CoT4 and the LAPD in Philly =P :

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/2735/cot4de6.jpg

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Norfair's hazards presumably are random but you're given such a warning that the various lava formations shouldn't give you any more trouble than Halberd's hazards or various stages' transitions that add walls (half of the PS1 transformations, Delfino, etc.). JJ has no random elements at all and I personally consider it an invaluable, crucial CP stage for its high ceiling.

Rainbow Cruise is gay, one time I got gimped as the pendulum platform was moving away from me, blagh blagh blagh.

wtf the crane killed me ~_~

asdfdfdghaskfa SAKURAIIIIIIII ****ing tripped against dedede on castle siege SO GAY

[Lylat/PS1/FD stupid ledges johns]

lol ****ing support ghost / moving platform saved him

Why bother playing any stage but Battlefield? Every other stage is gay and incredibly luck-based. NO SKILL WTF i.e. Man, you're a whiner, Inui. No wonder nobody likes you.

That said, your shunning the help of the ECRC beforehand to pander to your own crew and the extra blatantly stupid stages added with only ONE ban on hand put sensible players in precarious positions of pretty much throwing their ban to the wind.
This is actually something I'd like to see addressed in the upcoming new SBR ruleset. Instead of pandering to people like you and Inui, who would sooner ban all but three or four stages tops, I'd like to keep a more liberal stage list but allow multiple stage bans per set; two or three will do, depending on the size of the stage list. This way, the stages are still available to play on for those who want to but people who dislike them can get rid of more.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
If you don't see the difference then frankly it's just because you're stupid.

And I don't see the point in running a tournament that isn't homebrewed to have tripping off across the board.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Yeah...um...most of you aren't going to get it. I consistently place in the money and I care about how high I place. I don't want stages and luck deciding whether I make $50 or $500 at a tournament. Maybe you guys are cool with it, but I'm not.

Hax

Smash Champion
best part of this tourney other than the philly cheese steak i had was arriving back home and taking a mad godly shower. **** what a boring weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom