• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8 NATIONAL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I agree with the one stock match.

Bum, it's good to hear that you're gonna start traveling. I'll see you at my Smashfest, then again here 2 weeks later. :D

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah Bug is right. In the case of an absolute tie, restart the match at one stock per person. Bum I'll mm you again :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yes - not in the sense of an absolute tie, yea that rule is already done, i mean should it be a 1 stock match if kirby or DDD ends both last stocks with the swallow move

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm pretty sure that Yes! was talking about that anyway. When DDD/Kirby ends the stocks, it does result in an absolute tie.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
wow lol, why do you guys even bother doing other suggestions. Just listen to me, I'm perfect. Make it a 1 stock rematch if it goes to Sudden Death. Very simple.
I lol'd. It does seem very fair though, excluding another inhale draw..

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea i would really like to void it possibly happening again. and almost every tourney iv been to counts it as kirby ddd winning

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yeah the kirby/ddd swallow thing ends in a 1 stock rematch. if every tournament had it so kirby/ddd won that way everyone would main kirby/ddd and do that lol

Niko_K

Smash Master
I personally believe the performer of the suicide kill should be granted the game point. The opponent should know that within those matchups are suicide gimps such as Kirbycide/D3 Swallowcide. If you put yourself in the position to get gimped like this, it should be at your cost.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Yes but since Kirby and DDD die at the same time as the opponent, that is a tie. Bowser and Ganon are clearly ON TOP when they perform their suicide moves; logically if Bowser/Ganon is on top of the opponent while they do their side B's, the opponent should reach the death zone first, giving the match to Boswer/Ganon.

Kirby and DDD, however, swallow their opponent, meaning they become one body, and thus both hit the death zone at the same time.

If anything Kirby/DDD should lose because their feet touch the death zone first but that's a little extreme and I wouldn't seriously want that to be the case anyway :laugh:.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
add me to the list. i'm finally going to show my face beyond ny/long island/new jersey. i will see you guys. any mm's?
Want to have a MM?

Let's say...$10?

:).

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
lol @ you guys beating Bum

I think the match should go to a one stock rematch with a two minute timer. Those are my rules.
Where did I say I would beat Bum?

Also, why lol at me beating him? IC vs DK is like 80-20 for IC's.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh, I forgot you played those homos. Bum is very good against G&W from playing DireVulcan. I certainly hope you guys know who that is.

Bum seems to be able to beat all of those characters that beat DK, though. He wins against Falco, Dedede, MK, etc.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Also, why lol at me beating him? IC vs DK is like 80-20 for IC's.
lol, what about Falco vs DK?

Bum did this crazy **** to my Falco where I cg spiked him and grabbed the edge then when he up-bed.......nvm, I forgot, he told me not to tell anyone. But it's a 0 to death. Watch out Falcos!! :)

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Its only supposed to be like that for bowser, since the only way he gets it off is if he has lower percentage
On the GANON and BOWSER suicide moves-

Bowser's victory is determined by controller port. If Bowser's Controller port is a higher number than the opponent, Bowser wins. If lower, it goes to a SD. This is why they declare Bowser the winner.

Ganon's suicide CANNOT RESULT AS A VICTORY IN THE GAME ever. With Ganondorf, you would want to be the LOWER CONTROLLER PORT Number. If Ganondorf is the lower controller port number, the game goes to a SD. If Ganondorf is the higher number, the opponent will get teh victory according to the game.

Kirby/Dedede is always a tie.

I think Ganon/Kirby/Dedede should be Inui/M2K's suggestion of 1 stock run off with a 2 minute timer. Ganon shouldn't win, as he never gets credit from the game as a win in any scenario (unless its a lava thing at norfair)

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Bowser= first player automatically wins. also if ur lower percent and bowser over b's u control the DI if he has lower u control a little bit of th DI

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
On the GANON and BOWSER suicide moves-

Bowser's victory is determined by controller port. If Bowser's Controller port is a higher number than the opponent, Bowser wins. If lower, it goes to a SD. This is why they declare Bowser the winner.

Ganon's suicide CANNOT RESULT AS A VICTORY IN THE GAME ever. With Ganondorf, you would want to be the LOWER CONTROLLER PORT Number. If Ganondorf is the lower controller port number, the game goes to a SD. If Ganondorf is the higher number, the opponent will get teh victory according to the game.

Kirby/Dedede is always a tie.

I think Ganon/Kirby/Dedede should be Inui/M2K's suggestion of 1 stock run off with a 2 minute timer. Ganon shouldn't win, as he never gets credit from the game as a win in any scenario (unless its a lava thing at norfair)
That's not what I'm talking about

"If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser"

That came from this thread >>> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187736

The reasoning for it

The Koopa Klaw of Bowser's only works if Bowser is at a lower %; this means that, should sudden death occur, he would be winning if he had used this move unless his opponent deliberately tried to kill him or herself. The reason we put in the Bowser always wins rule is because of this combined with the fact that Bowser will win under other circumstances.

Kirby and D3's swallowcides are not determined by controller port, and can therefore be determined by % on a consistent basis.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
im gunna try hard to go to this, see if maybe someone in NE can drive me or something? anyone else in NE going to this?
If I can't get Sethlon to go to this we should so team :). Double GW ftw?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
That's not what I'm talking about

"If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser"

That came from this thread >>> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187736

The reasoning for it
oh I see

Well I was more concerned about why anyone would ever declare Ganon the victor as his move does nothing but SD or lose, but with the % reasoning I think I might see it now.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Tantalus >.> .... go to this and take me lol .

10kanackers
You're welcome to come, but it would be a lot more convenient if you could come up to westminster on the friday night of, since its closer. Also, do you plan on staying in philly overnight for the second day? I'm sure the westminster crew will be headed up though, maybe we should rent a van LOL, my friend works for enterprise rent-a-car i might be able to get a deal to help save on gas and transportation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom