• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
In a competitive sense, it was. Anyone whos played another competitive fighing game(Melee, Marvel, SF, GG, BB, whatever.) knows that Brawl is terrible in comparison.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Melee is terrible in comparison to SF, GG, BB, whatever, so I don't see your point, but reguardless, keep it out of this thread.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Oh we were talking competitve? Oops. Not my department. Seriously, games can be enjoyed much more if it weren't for people making everything competitive.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh we were talking competitve? Oops. Not my department. Seriously, games can be enjoyed much more if it weren't for people making everything competitive.
Don't let all of the hardcore fanboys get to you. Brawl is by far the best game on the Wii right now. Same as how Melee was on the GC, and NOT because of the competitive scene.

I laugh at people who think the Smash series was meant to be on par with other super-competitive fighters like SF.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Well, I'm not trying to start a debate, but I also know that Smash wasn't meant to be competitive. If that is how people want to play their game, I won't hate.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Melee is terrible in comparison to SF, GG, BB, whatever, so I don't see your point, but reguardless, keep it out of this thread.
Yes, because you obviously know every aspect of these games to know that they **** all over Melee. Melee is super terrible, every other game takes a billion times more skill. But lets argue that somewhere else.

Do you guys think some rival school characters should get in?

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
If a Rival School character gets in, it's gonna be Batsu. I don't want to say no others would be able to get in given the size the roster is supposedly gonna be, but he's the only one who's actually made it into a VS game. His chances are the highest.

Dai Tian

Smash Journeyman
Ahh. Never played that (Obviously) so it looks like I take back my statement. We've got 2 with high chances, haha.

Here's something I was wondering. Has it been definitively confirmed that Dante is in MvC3 or is everyone just going off of the silhouette in the official image that looks like it'd be him? I remember reading/hearing that Dante's creator doesn't want him appearing in anymore crossovers for fear of Dante becoming overused. Hence why he hasn't made appearances outside of DMC for years and years now.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Yes, because you obviously know every aspect of these games to know that they **** all over Melee. Melee is super terrible, every other game takes a billion times more skill. But lets argue that somewhere else.
Super Street Fighter II Turbo takes less technical skill than Blazblue, but (the current) Blazblue is a horrible competitive game. Skill doesn't really mean all that much to something being competative. Melee's entry barries are useless and excessive, and at the heights of the metagame, I fail to see any reason to play Melee when I can play a game with more depth, larger community, and better balance for half of the entry barriers, the only exception being MvC2 (irony).

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Crashic just regurgitates what other people who are better than him say, just ignore him.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Super Street Fighter II Turbo takes less technical skill than Blazblue, but (the current) Blazblue is a horrible competitive game. Skill doesn't really mean all that much to something being competative. Melee's entry barries are useless and excessive, and at the heights of the metagame, I fail to see any reason to play Melee when I can play a game with more depth, larger community, and better balance for half of the entry barriers, the only exception being MvC2 (irony).

Same, I rarely ever play Smash anymore, the light house and media metropolis and other Off-Topic forums are the reasons I stay here (and the cool people of course)

and Super II Turbo >>>> any incarnation of BlazBlue

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Blah blah blah SF & MvC players despise Smash on principle yadda yadda. We get it.

In an effort to get back on topic, I'm trying to make a list of Marvel franchises and properties that might make appearances either as cameos or constructs. Mainly this list is based on A) popularity/whether I think they're way overdue for something like this, B) whether they've appeared in the series already, and C) whether I think they might make interesting fighters.

Going through Marvel mythoi who have one/will/might/should get reps:

Spiderman:
Spidey
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Mysterio
Kraven (because Marvel needs a good grapple character)
Sandman/Hydroman
The Hypno Hustler (you know you want him in)

Deadpool:
The merc himself. Nuff said
Cable (tone him down a bit, and definitely give the two of them a special dual super)

X-Men:
Wolverine
Storm
Magneto
Psylocke
Rogue
Cyclops
Toad
Jubilee
Juggernaut (*****)
Sentinel

Fantastic Four
Mr. Fantastic (gotta give him an interaction with Dhalsim)
Mrs. Fantastic
Dr. Doom

Hulk
Hulk
She Hulk

Dr. Strange
Shuma Gorath?
Mephisto (replacing Blackheart)

Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America:
Iron Man
War Machine
Whiplash (replace Omega Red)
Cap
Nick Fury?
Black Widow

Other
Black Panther
Ghost Rider
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

A few people I've talked to have suggested characters from Runaways as well, but I haven't read it, so I don't know anything about it.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Same, I rarely ever play Smash anymore, the light house and media metropolis and other Off-Topic forums are the reasons I stay here (and the cool people of course)

and Super II Turbo >>>> any incarnation of BlazBlue
LOL Same. SWF is just a fun place to post in general, IMO.
And for some reason, I love Super Turbo. It might be because there are those moments where you could read your opponent so easily.

I see what you did. I like you.
Thanks. :laugh:

I wonder how Capcom will try to cater this to game to everyone. I don't see them needing to dumb down the system since the Marvel characters can easily gather casual gamers in America. I have no clue how Marvel is to the people in Japan.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Going through Marvel mythoi who have one/will/might/should get reps:

Spiderman:
Spidey Confirmed
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Mysterio
Kraven (because Marvel needs a good grapple character)
Sandman/Hydroman
The Hypno Hustler (you know you want him in)
Decent list but why no Norman Osborn?

Deadpool:
The merc himself. Nuff said Confirmed
Cable (tone him down a bit, and definitely give the two of them a special dual super) I would actually classify him as part of the X-Men since he was associated with them before he teamed up with Deadpool and he's also played a major part in a lot of their storylines. But yeah, he should be in.

X-Men:
Wolverine Confirmed.
Storm Rumored.
Magneto Rumored.
Psylocke
Rogue
Cyclops
Toad
Jubilee Everyone suggests her but I just don't see the point. I know she was Wolverine's sidekick but I just don't really see her as a capable fighter. Besides, she was depowered after House of M anyway.
Juggernaut (*****) Licensing rights can't **** with the Juggernaut!
Sentinel
Solid list, I'd especially like to see Toad. I'm kinda surprised at the lack of Gambit though.

Fantastic Four
Mr. Fantastic (gotta give him an interaction with Dhalsim)
Mrs. Fantastic
Dr. Doom Confirmed.
The Fantastic Four have been confirmed to not be in. I guess Super Skrull is taking their place. Doom is definitely going to be in though. He's too powerful of a force in the Marvel Universe not to be.

Hulk
Hulk Confirmed.
She Hulk
She-Hulk would be very interesting.

Dr. Strange
Shuma Gorath?
Mephisto (replacing Blackheart) Confirmed, though no word on whether he's replacing Blackheart.
Shuma Gorath should be in so we can have a tentacle **** character.

Avengers/Iron Man/Captain America:
Iron Man Confirmed.
War Machine I'd rather not see War Machine if they just make him a clone of Iron Man.
Whiplash (replace Omega Red)
Cap Confirmed.
Nick Fury?
Black Widow Confirmed.

Other
Black Panther
Ghost Rider
Luke Cage
Iron Fist

A few people I've talked to have suggested characters from Runaways as well, but I haven't read it, so I don't know anything about it. Something about dinosaurs, idk.
Solid list overall. Now do one for Capcom :)

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Yay for Capcom

Street Fighter 1
Ryu
Ken
Sagat
Geki

Street Fighter 2
Bison
Chun
Dhalsim
Gief
Guile
Akuma
Cammy

Street Fighter 3
Alex
Yun
Dudley

Street Fighter Alpha
Sakura?
???

Street Fighter 4
C.Viper
Rufus
Juri

Street Fighter EX
Hokuto
Skullomania
Doctrine Dark

Darkstalkers
Anakaris
Morrigan
Felicia
Hsien-Ko
Lord Raptor
Sasquatch
Demitri
Bishamon

Rival schools
Batsu
Kyosuke

Captain Commando
Strider
Frank West
Okami
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Samanosuke (Onimusha)

RE
Chris Redfield
Jill

Final Fight
Guy
Cody
Sodom
Mike Haggar
Rolento

Megaman
Megaman
Zero

Star Gladiator
Hayato
June
Saturn
Franco

Edit: Oh yeah, WTF you forgot about Thor!!!!!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Did Black Widow, Spider-Man, Dr Doom, Mephisto, and Deadpool, or are you just going off of the silhouettes?

Because if I'm missing something, ****.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I just want Amaterasu, Phoenix Wright, El Fuerte (probably won't happen), and Squirrel Girl.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I don't think Street Fighter EX was actually published by Capcom.

Did Black Widow, Spider-Man, Dr Doom, Mephisto, and Deadpool, or are you just going off of the silhouettes?

Because if I'm missing something, ****.
Yeah it's the silhouettes but w/e that was basically a confirmation of them right there.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gatesssssss, do mine like you did code blacks. :D
***** ***** DON'T YOU BOSS ME AROUND LIKE A ***** *** ***** ***** ****.

jk lol

Yay for Capcom

Street Fighter 1
Ryu Confirmed.
Ken
Sagat
Geki
Who the **** is Geki? Otherwise a good list.

Street Fighter 2
Bison OF COURSE!
Chun Confirmed.
Dhalsim
Gief
Guile
Akuma
Cammy
Pretty solid, though this is just the ST guys from MvC2.

Street Fighter 3
Alex
Yun
Dudley
No Makoto or Ibuki? And how can you have Yun without Yang? I know nobody gives a **** about Yang but still it doesn't feel right.

Street Fighter Alpha
Sakura?
???
Karin, R. Mika, and of course DANMOTHER****INGHIBIKI are all good options from the Alpha series.

Street Fighter 4
C.Viper
Rufus
Juri
Seems good but I'd rather see Abel than Juri.

Street Fighter EX
Hokuto
Skullomania
Doctrine Dark
I already talked about Street Fighter EX. It was published by Arika and Capcom so it's unlikely we'll see any of them - about as likely as seeing Geno in Smash4 I'd say.

Darkstalkers
Anakaris
Morrigan Confirmed.
Felicia Confirmed.
Hsien-Ko
Lord Raptor
Sasquatch
Demitri
Bishamon
I'm not familiar with Darkstalkers - I only know the characters from MvC2 and Puzzle Fighter - so I can't really comment on it.

Rival schools
Batsu
Kyosuke
I haven't played a lot of TvC so I have to ask: How does Batsu's level 3 super work with DHCs?

Captain Commando **** YES CAPTAIN CORRIDOR ALL DAY SON.
Strider **** YES OROBOROS ALL DAY SON.
Frank West Confirmed.
Okami Be more specific (or is this one of the characters in the game? I never beat it)
Dante Confirmed.
Phoenix Wright I'm not on the Pheonix Hype train but it would be interesting to see how they make a defense attorney into a fighter.
Samanosuke (Onimusha) Never played it.

RE
Chris Redfield Confirmed.
Jill Sandwiched.
WHERE THE **** IS LEON? THAT'S WHAT I WANT TO KNOW.

Final Fight
Guy
Cody
Sodom
Mike Haggar
Rolento
Solid.

Megaman
Megaman
Zero
No Roll?

Star Gladiator
Hayato
June
Saturn
Franco
At first I was like "wtf is this?" then I saw Hayato and I only remembered him from MvC2. That should tell you how much I know about the series.

Edit: Oh yeah, WTF you forgot about Thor!!!!!
*****es don't know about my hammer.
Your list is good but you're forgetting a couple characters I mentioned like Dan, Roll, and Leon. There's also no way we're seeing SFEX characters in it. Other than that it's solid.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Umm, Geki is a ninja from SF1 with ninja stars and he was the first character with a teleport. :D I hate Makoto and I forgot about Ibuki. I thought Yang could just appear in Yun's supers like in CvS2. About the Batsu question, I don't really know, I haven't gotten any extensive play with TvC, I NEVER PLAYED OKAMI. LOL, Wow, I did forget about Leon, Leon>>>>>>>Chris. I hate Roll, lol. With the Star Gladiator characters I just looked it up and picked random characters. xD

Kantō

Smash Champion
i just saw the trailer for this it looks amazing! chris redfeild! hell yea. i cant wait. even though its not coming out for like another year.....lame.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
^ Y'know, maybe I should get Dead Rising one of these days...

Anyway, a Frank West / Spiderman encounter was just waiting to happen, really.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Brawl didn't meet expectations because the developers didn't go into designing the game with the intentions of it being a competitive fighter which is why they put in **** like random tripping and neglected to fix glitches like DACUS, unintentional things like chaingrabs and ledge camping, and just generally didn't balance the game. Capcom will not make the same mistakes, I guarantee it.

Top Bottom