• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Minato, good games. I am terrible at fighting Zero. You definitely shouldn't have thrown out that Sentinel assist as often as you did, though, because X-23 punished it almost every time. Dark Phoenix saved me in every game I won.
GGs. Yeah, I call Sent drones too much and I should call it less due to his low health.
I can't win against Dark Phoenix unless I get lucky lol. And thanks for the matches, I needed to get used to facing X-23. I didn't know how to deal with her attacks back at my first tourney, so this helped.

ss118

Smash Master
Probably neither. Art doesn't really know what he's talking about.
That's why I come here and ask.

Glad to see you haven't changed much btw. <3

Also is that a list of rushdown characters or what you consider viable characters? I'd like to say the former, but you'll probably just say they're the same thing.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
more specifically, an anki-Hou H followed by senpu bu M in gold armor as DP is rising, and DP gets hit before X factor can start, which allows you to combo into Senpu bu M into air heavy into launcher into stuff into special into OTG super X factor OTG super, guaranteed dead DP when timed right at the start every single time. the 2nd OTG super depends on your timing, you only need it when you were too early with the senpu bu.

EDIT: possibly the ONLY thing hsien ko is good for aside from assist.
Wait, can't Dark Phoenix just block the Anki-Hou after transforming?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
GODDAMMIT GATES MUTHER **** ***** NINJA ******

Also is that a list of rushdown characters or what you consider viable characters? I'd like to say the former, but you'll probably just say they're the same thing.
All of them are viable rushdown characters. There are other characters that I think are viable that aren't rushdown-oriented (such as Dormammu, Morrigan, etc.). Some of them are better than others.

Spidey isn't a rushdown? I rush w/ him all the time w/o any faults.
I forgot about him. Fixed.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Here's how you deal with Dark Phoenix as Zero.

Does she have X factor?
- Yes
- is it a level 3?
- Yes
- Do you have an X- factor?
- No,
- FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU
- How many bars does she have?
- 1, Dodge this Dodge this Dodge this.
- 2, Dodge this, Burn into Flames DIE
- 3, Dodge this, teleport, Combo, DIE
- 4, Dodge this, Dodge this, Dodge this, Teleport, Healing Field, DIE.
- 5, LOL GG
If yes, How many bars do you have?
If the answer is 1-2. 214H-H, 214H-H, 214H-H.
Did any of those hit?

- Yes? Combo her.
- No? SJ. Alot
Did she die?
Yes - Sucess
No - 214L, 214M, S.
Did she teleport behind you?
Yes - Air grab.
No - Keep SJ.
Is She doing her super?
How many bars so you have?
3?
GENMU ZERO.
Did she die?
Yes - Sucess.
No - Pause game punch the player in the face and leave.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
tl;dr

Go into paint and make a flowchart of it.

Also, the final step should be a picture of Noel Brown.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
What did he do so I can adapt that to mine?
I don't remember whether or not Viper has a double jump, but he kept me suspended up in the air while I kept taking hits. It was pretty effective. Killed Phoenix off once or twice, if I recall correctly.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
She can 8 way air dash...

I'll just write down

Double jump Character:
Arthur
C.Viper
Dante
Deadpool
Iron man
Sentinel
Trish

Triple Jumps:
Chun li
Viewtiful Joe

Wall Jump:
Chun-li
Deadpool
Felicia (after wall cling)
She Hulk
Spider-Man
Wolverine
X-23

8 Way Airdashing:
C.Viper
Dr. Doom
Dormammu
Iron Man
Magento
MODOK
Phoenix
Storm
Thor
Trish

6 Way Grapple Hook:
Spencer

Up-forward airdash:
Super Skrull

4-way Web glide:
Spider-man

Forward or Backward Airdash:
Dante
Hsien-Ko
Morrigan (hold direction to airdash longer)
Tron
Zero

Parabolic Upward and Downward dash:
Morrigan

3- way forward airdash
Amaterasu

2x Forward airdash:
Chun Li

2x forward or backward airdash:
Viewtiful Joe

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
All the Dooms online just spam plasma beam and hidden missiles, plus using his assist over and over. It's so stupid. I mean, is it too hard to try and actually learn the character? Doom is awesome at taking people by surprise with his mobility, he has a vicious loop, and yet they seem to think he works best as a stationary turret. It makes me want to just Hard Kick them in the balls.

Oh wait, lol, I forgot, online play.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Spider-Man also has his ridiculously long single airdash straight forward.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
All the Dooms online just spam plasma beam and hidden missiles, plus using his assist over and over. It's so stupid. I mean, is it too hard to try and actually learn the character? Doom is awesome at taking people by surprise with his mobility, he has a vicious loop, and yet they seem to think he works best as a stationary turret. It makes me want to just Hard Kick them in the balls.

Oh wait, lol, I forgot, online play.
I just snap him in and get it over with. It's pretty much the same as akuma's using his tatsu since it has SO MUCH PRIORITY

Savon

Smash Ace
An Akuma once did a tatsu assist RIGHT through a purification tower. I raged harder than when Serris punished my chaotic flame with Phoenix Rage on reaction

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
I just snap him in and get it over with. It's pretty much the same as akuma's using his tatsu since it has SO MUCH PRIORITY
Yeah, I pretty much do the same thing about Doom (Akuma's Tatsu for some odd reason hasn't troubled me that much; I don't think I've seen too many Akuma players online), since beam crossups are nasty. As soon as you snap him out, though, the opponent often freaks out and begins trying to do stupid things like throwing out close range plasma beams, ending air combos in neutral H, or randomly using out his Electric Cage when you're above his head.

My usual response is to grind him into the floor with my own Doom. "Muahahaha, Child's play."

Also, I HATE Ryu's Shinku Hadouken. Having to deal with Level 3 X Factor+Aimable Beam Supers is some ridiculous chip, and a lot of teams don't use any supers until Ryu is the only one left. It's usually not enough to actually kill me, but it wears out my patience pretty fast.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
Spidey, Doom, and Dormammu typically. I've been experimenting with Spencer as a Dormammu replacement, and as soon as I can get the Ultimate Web reset down, I'm probably going to replace Doom or Dormy with Deadpool (For some reason, I keep flubbing it in actual matches).

Also, I really want to use Hsien-Ko, but I keep failing miserably, and she doesn't really fit on the team that well.

I legitly raged when Akuma's tatsu Beat Chris's Magnum shot.
Okay, that is just ridiculous.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
H Tatsu beats like.....everything.

Also his shoryuken Hyper beats tons of stuff up close, including other hypers.

_Dice

Smash Ace
I guess Orbital Grudge might work for extending combos, but it really just kinda seems like a worse version of Akuma's Tatsumaki (which I believe has invincibility wheras Skrull's doesn't).
Skrull has a larger area with orbital than akuma does, as well as akuma NOT havign invincibility, though his foot breaks projectiles (like dormammu medium).

skrulls does much more damage, and He works so much better with other supers than akuma does, because of inferno. and he is a better character on point than akuma.

Fun fact: Akuma's tatsu beats low and medium projectiles but only when his foot is touching them.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Wait Since spidey's Maximum Spider has an untechable knockdown can't you Dhc to stalking fire xD. Then use hidden missle assist while you build up creation and destruction points

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Orbital grudge does more damage than Tatsu?!

I don't really like Doom missile assist because I find it breaks combos rather than help them.

Although clockwork has gotten the timing down to make them combo it seems.

I just find plasma beam better, especially if I have Sent on point.

H>cr.H(with doom plasma assist)into fly or wavedash then whatever.

The doom laser gives you time to get in after your own lasers.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Skrull has a larger area with orbital than akuma does, as well as akuma NOT havign invincibility, though his foot breaks projectiles (like dormammu medium).

skrulls does much more damage, and He works so much better with other supers than akuma does, because of inferno. and he is a better character on point than akuma.

Fun fact: Akuma's tatsu beats low and medium projectiles but only when his foot is touching them.
I'll just break this down bit-by-bit since I don't really have the time to slice it up in neat little quote boxes.

1) By the time Skrull lays the Orbital Smackdown on somebody's roody-poo candy ***, they could have teched out of the combo or have done something to get the hell away. It's wayyyyyyyyyyyy too slow, even to extend combos.

2) I will agree with the fact that Skrull does a lot of damage. I will also agree with the fact that his supers are pretty good (you forgot to mention how safe Skrull Torch is, even when it's blocked. It's very safe to DHC into and from as well). I don't agree with the fact that he's a better character on point than Akuma. Skrull's command grab and OTG shenanigans (METEOR DROP IS AMAZING) are good, but Akuma's cross-up and reset shenanigans are even better.

3) That is actually really neat to know.

Smooth Criminal

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well In terms of damage output Akuma exceeds on it. Super Skrull would be better if he could XFC his supers. Imagine Inferno XFC inferno would kill the entire cast. In one combo

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
GGs Savon and Lombardi. Wish you coulda stayed a bit longer to see this guy that came in a bit later.

As soon as Savon left, the best Thor/Captain America I've ever fought joined the room and beat me senseless.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol, he was pretty amazing Pitzer.

But yea, we need to play, lmao. Neither of us goes to **** though.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I really wish Capcom would redesign the netcode so we could have spectator mode and less frequent disconnects when trying to find a match through the menu.

Savon

Smash Ace
If there was spectator I could get so much better at this game through getting advice from people watching me play. They have no valid excuse for any of this. Certain things in this day and age should be a given for games. I know very few multiplayer games that DON'T have spectator.

ss118

Smash Master
Tasky/MILF/Amazin' Spidey does really well I guess.

Been workin' w/ Spencer/Sentinel/Storm lately and it works well too.

Which team do you guys think is more 'stable'?
MILF?

This issue is you have Spidey as a character on one team. He's not bad but I've seen a total of one match of him in tournament play so idk he seems more iffy to me.

The other one has Spencer. Storm. SENTINEL! Which one do you think will probably end up being more stable?

Of course I mad suck so idk.

Top Bottom