• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Savon

Smash Ace
Who does NOT get it. I'd tap the hell out of viper. If she is crimson viper than I am black anaconda.

Brightside6382

Smash Lord
Tasky/MILF/Amazin' Spidey does really well I guess.

Been workin' w/ Spencer/Sentinel/Storm lately and it works well too.

Which team do you guys think is more 'stable'?
Why do you have spidey in the 3rd slot? He has horrible assists in general beyond the web swing which is just a janky combo extender. He'd be more effective on point working as a meter builder and I'm sure him and Tasky have some easy DHC's.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
Getting used to a stick is hardddddddddddd

Also, I've fallen in love with Wesker. It's like, he can do anything. Who works well with him though? Since I've switched from pad to stick, the only character I've been able to be somewhat consistent with are Wesker, Phoenix, and Sentinel, so I bascially need to relearn the game from the ground up.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I want a super defensive team that can time people out all day.

suggestions? :troll:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i played this game a lot today

im slowly getting better but

theres al ong way to go

man

x-23's H -> qcb.H loops are really hard for me

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Also, I've fallen in love with Wesker. It's like, he can do anything. Who works well with him though?
MAG-****ING-NETO.

No really, Magneto and Wesker work amazingly well together. Wesker benefits a lot from beam assists since he can use them to approach or do teleport shenanigans. Magneto benefits from Wesker since he can use Wesker's gun assist to create unblockables. The two have good safe DHCs together and benefit from the meter building of the other since they both can land their level 3s easily, especially Magneto.

In general though, aside from Magneto, Wesker benefits from two kinds of assists - characters that can help him pressure (like with a beam or something) and characters than can help him continue combos. For the pressure category there are a lot of characters that can fit the bill - like pretty much everyone with a beam assist. Notable ones are Doom plasma beam, Iron Man uni-beam, Amaterasu beads, Dante Weasel Shot, Shuma-Gorath Mystic Ray, Storm Whirlwind, Thor Mighty Spark, and even MODOK Psionic Blaster. Other assists that work well for pressure are Sentinel Drones, Chun Legs, and Akuma Tatsu. For the combo extending category, most of the ones I just listed can also be used for that, but there are also others that can work. The most common one is Dante Jam Session, but there are a lot of others you could use too.

Wesker doesn't really have any DHC combo starters unless you have another character that can hit pretty much full screen since Maximum Wesker is so random. However, Wesker is good to DHC into because the DHC trick enables a DHC'd into Rhino Charge to reset damage scaling It's like doing a combo with one character and then immediately doing a second combo with Wesker.

I want a super defensive team that can time people out all day.

suggestions? :troll:
Play MvC2 and pick Spiral-Y/Cable-B/Sentinel-Y. Learn the Spiral trap and do it whenever you can. Almost all your matches will end in timeouts.

Or I guess if you just want to timeout you could do the Zero snapback glitch.

I want to play right now so bad, but I am too drunk to do so.

Goodnight guys!
You can play Sentinel while drunk.

c.M S j.M j.M j.H j.S QCFL xx HSF isn't hard to do when drunk. Hell, I haven't played on pad for nearly a year and I could probably do that combo if I switched back to pad. And was drunk. And was blindfolded. And if my hands were torn up from climbing a mountain the day before. And was drunk. And if I was looking not at the game screen but watching an episode of MLP:FiM. And was playing Puzzle Fighter on another TV. And was drunk. And was listening to music. And was making out with an attractive woman. And was drunk.

But then again I guess I'm just good at multitasking.

O mercyful REGIS. Please don't destroy me. I suggest Thor and Taskmaster.
Come on man, just because he's trying to troll people doesn't mean you should try to troll him. Suggesting characters that aren't defensive at all and ****...

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Gatesie-kun~

I think you underestimate just how drunk I was last night.

I could barely even hold a controller properly.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Who is a good C.Viper? :o I'm picking her up and I'm pretty bad with her. Maybe it's just cuz I'm using a pad.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But seriously, a few good people would work.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
Come on man, just because he's trying to troll people doesn't mean you should try to troll him. Suggesting characters that aren't defensive at all and ****...
>____>

I wasn't trying to troll him. Those were characters who I thought were good for playing defensive.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
MAG-****ING-NETO.

No really, Magneto and Wesker work amazingly well together. Wesker benefits a lot from beam assists since he can use them to approach or do teleport shenanigans. Magneto benefits from Wesker since he can use Wesker's gun assist to create unblockables.
While Wesker and Mags do work well with each other, I do not agree fully with this part of your analysis. While you CAN create unblockable setups with Wesker's gun, there really isn't a safe way to do so because all Magneto has as overheads are air attacks. I do not think there is any situation where trying to set up an unblockable with Wesker/Mags is worth getting two characters comboed.

Who is a good C.Viper? :o I'm picking her up and I'm pretty bad with her. Maybe it's just cuz I'm using a pad.

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhh.

But seriously, a few good people would work.
Only really good Vipers I know are Marlinpie and KBeast. Check out Marlin for sure.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I know that Phoenix and X-23 have good synergy, but I'm not quite sure that Wolverine fits in very well. Someone please rip my team to pieces and tell me why I should be ashamed for using it.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Wolverine and X-23 both require a lot of meter to be played effectively. I'd say if you really like one, then stick with one, and shove a battery on that team, so you don't find yourself wanting in meter.

I also don't see the synergy between X-23 and Phoenix, but that's just me, and what do I know?

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
X-23 is fast and builds meter quickly. Phoenix's TK Shot assist can help her get in against zoning characters like Arthur, while X-23's Ankle Slice gives Phoenix an OTG combo extender. Just to clarify, Phoenix can OTG with her TK Shots, but they're only really useful for Phoenix Rage set-ups.

Scamp

Smash Master
BRoomer
I suppose Phoenix's TK shot assist can help X-23 get in against zoning characters like Arthur, but it's also a good way to get Phoenix killed.

Usually the best way to use Phoenix assists is to extend combos.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Yeah, X-23 and Wolverine can eat quite a bit of meter. They're not complete hogs like Spencer or Dormammu, but they'll go through it fast with Berserker Charges and whatnot. But it sounds like you're playing X-23 as a battery character, so that's not as much of a problem for you.

Well, I started playing Thor yesterday.

...Yeah, he's kinda unwieldy.

But then I Kara-Grab someone into a 700,000 damage combo and smile and tell myself, "That's why he's a God."

Any idea on some good teammates for the God of Thunder? I'm guessing someone who extends his combos so that he has a touch of death would be great.

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
How do you do seismo chains with Viper? ;___; Nothing on youtube is telling me how to do it on MvC3.

KoJ

Smash Journeyman
How do you do seismo chains with Viper? ;___; Nothing on youtube is telling me how to do it on MvC3.
You can cancel her normal Seismo into a special seismo, and you can cancel in the middle of a normal seismo by pressing S. So I'm guessing the seismo chains are just canceling her normal seismo with S and doing another normal seismo repeatedly. If you see her doing more than one seismo in the middle of a combo, it's probably doing normal seismo into special seismo, or is just doing another normal seismo after canceling.

Of course, this is all based on what other people have wrote, so I might be wrong. I haven't really played C. Viper, although she sounds fun.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You sj cancel the seismo and do it again really fast. It's not hard to execute, there's no real timing for it you just have to do it fast.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Gatesie-kun~

I think you underestimate just how drunk I was last night.

I could barely even hold a controller properly.
Use a stick.
Use my ****.

I had like 8 cans, 6 bottles, half a bottle of wine and a white russian.
THAT AIN'T **** YOU *****.

okay but really, super defensive team
Defensive teams suck in this game. Your best bet is to use Dormammu-A or B/Sentinel-A/Doom-B. It's the closest thing to a good defensive team that you'll get, but it still gets destroyed by all the good aggressive characters in this game.

>____>

I wasn't trying to troll him. Those were characters who I thought were good for playing defensive.
Taskmaster isn't good at being defensive. He's not that great at running away, his projectile kinda sucks (though it's still decent as an assist), and he doesn't really have any way of escaping pressure aside from the counter move. He's much better at rushing down.

Thor isn't really good at anything other than corner ****. His projectile is slow though so he's definitely not good at zoning.

While Wesker and Mags do work well with each other, I do not agree fully with this part of your analysis. While you CAN create unblockable setups with Wesker's gun, there really isn't a safe way to do so because all Magneto has as overheads are air attacks. I do not think there is any situation where trying to set up an unblockable with Wesker/Mags is worth getting two characters comboed.
This is true but the point is that unblockables are still there. It's not hard to learn the timing for Magneto to fly, call Wesker, and use an air S so that it hits at the same time as the gunshot. Magneto's fly animation is pretty slow so it's not hard for the opponent to see it coming, but it is hard for them to decide how to deal with it. Many characters don't have moves that are fast, invincible, or long range enough to punish both characters, so it's likely that the unblockable will work most of the time.

But even if unblockables are unsafe (and in many situations they are), Magneto can still use Wesker's gun as an OTG to start a new combo or reset into a throw.

The DHC Damage rescale is so gay lol.
Yeah, how come they take away 1/4 of Sentinel's health with the patch but they don't fix this? It's just dumb.

I know that Phoenix and X-23 have good synergy, but I'm not quite sure that Wolverine fits in very well. Someone please rip my team to pieces and tell me why I should be ashamed for using it.
They're all really cheap and scrubby and you should be ashamed for using them to get free wins?

idk, frankly as long as you have characters who can build lots of meter with their combos for Phoenix you'll be fine. Phoenix isn't really that demanding to play in terms of what she requires from teammates.

I'm pretty sure you just link them. nvm, ETWIST actually plays Viper so you should listen to him.

God Tier:

Magneto
Wesker
Dante
Taskmaster
idk if I agree with Taskmaster being on there and idk if I agree with God Tier being only 4 characters. What about Amaterasu and Phoenix?

Savon

Smash Ace
Ammy belongs up there, but Phoenix can be COUNTERED which is why I do not think she belongs up there with some of the others.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Who exactly does Phoenix get countered by?

Like, I can understand Phoenixes who do nothing but rushdown or runaway getting countered (I mean Serris has trouble with HAGGAR for god's sake) but I don't understand how a Phoenix player who knew how to play both well would have trouble in any matchup.

And Wesker can also be countered (by Amaterasu) but he's definitely still top tier. The top tiers in MvC2 also had counters (Sentinel was countered by Cable and Strider, Cable was countered by Magneto, and Magneto was countered by Sentinel).

Top Bottom