• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Uniter Of The Worlds: Lloyd Irving for SSB4

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
As a topic creator, I think I should also know when the character isn't going to be in, and also accept it. Preferably in a dignified manner than grasping the straws until the end. I don't want to even be there to see Pac-Man being confirmed after denying the legitness of this rumor.

Like I said, because Pac-Man's reveal's coming up soon, I declare Lloyd to be uneligible as a playable at this point. The probability on resources put on Tales Of Symphonia/Tales Of-series' representation is now nigh because they have been put on Pac-Man instead when it comes to Namco-representation. And I don't know why would Sakurai waste his resources on Tales Of-series in DLC... one can tell me why but yeah.

Please accept my opinion guys. I'm just feeling quite down lately and I'm trying to find the even ground in realistic characters I want to see at this point. And I ASSURE YOU, Lloyd's not one of them. At least for me anymore.

(If he is you can make me have an embarrassing avatar that you like. Good deal?)

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
All of that's probably true... but out of the 663 character discussions in this forum, how many of those do you think actually stands a chance? The threads don't die just because a character isn't likely. You just admit that the character isn't happening and then keep discussing "but what if?!" :)

Besides- I think it's safe to say that, even if a character doesn't get in this round, continued support for the character influences their chances for the next time.

What Lloydy assist trophies would y'all want? Maybe Genis, Raine, and Colette jump in for a unison attack?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
C'mon man. You're the topic creator. You're supposed to be the last person who gives up.

To be fair. I'm also kinda losing hope on seeing Layton. I really do want to be proven wrong though. Let's just wait and see what they have got in store for us. Gotta keep an open mind.

Popsydoodles

Smash Journeyman
All of that's probably true... but out of the 663 character discussions in this forum, how many of those do you think actually stands a chance? The threads don't die just because a character isn't likely. You just admit that the character isn't happening and then keep discussing "but what if?!" :)

Besides- I think it's safe to say that, even if a character doesn't get in this round, continued support for the character influences their chances for the next time.

What Lloydy assist trophies would y'all want? Maybe Genis, Raine, and Colette jump in for a unison attack?
I was thinking maybe something from ToS2 like Emil, Marta, or Tenebrae. Maybe even one of the summon spirits like Maxwell or maybe Yggdrasil

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Depends on if they announce DLC for that purpose and then, we'd get Tales Of-representation particularly from Symphonia. (Or Phantasia).

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So heard about Lloyd's fanboys in Miiverse who literally hate on Pac-Man and so on.

At this rate it's a matter of time until bad karma strikes back at the haters as Pac-Man's gonna be confirmed. Can't wait to see the fanboys burn and cry.

Ah, what, I went emo again? You must be mistaking.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Much as I love Lloyd (or Tales' characters in general) more than Pac-Man, I will enjoy seeing them get that karma.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
Lloyd Irving is one of my favorite characters of all time. I really hope he gets in, I think he fits the Smash Bros. style a lot better than pacman

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I've played only 1 pacman 3d game, and I didn't really like it that much. It felt like it was trying too hard to be like Mario.

Lloyd has a lot more personality. Keeping my fingers crossed that he gets in :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

So being a playable character is impossible for him. Maybe his best chances to even show up is to being an assist, but I even doubt that.

At least if he does, Sakurai was maybe aware of Lloyd's support. But there's always a chance we'd get some other Tales Of-character instead.

Man, I see this article getting pointed out a lot, but I don't see why. The fact is, regardless of a Namco character getting in or not, Sakurai would say this. It's important to not be like "well, I was forced to include this character. It wasn't a worthy character, but they're helping with the game, so... eh." So, yeah, you gotta say "there's no preferential treatment, period."

I'm certain Sakurai is aware of the Tales games popularity... I mean, it's listed in the article next to Pac Man and Tekken, not to mention the fact that the games are super popular in Japan.

But, yeah, I doubt there'd be a Tales assist trophy. If it's a huge pain to include third party IP, there's no reason to slap it into a secondary role.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06...ters-receive-no-priority-for-super-smash-bros

So being a playable character is impossible for him. Maybe his best chances to even show up is to being an assist, but I even doubt that.

At least if he does, Sakurai was maybe aware of Lloyd's support. But there's always a chance we'd get some other Tales Of-character instead.
Don't give up hope. All this says is that Namco characters aren't given a priority. Lloyd might still make it in :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Don't give up hope. All this says is that Namco characters aren't given a priority. Lloyd might still make it in :)

I absolutely fail to see how at this point. People here, please stop making me get hopes up anymore.

Sakurai already said that he's very strict and evaluative on adding 3rd Parties. As being just one of the other Namco's series and not their mascot series in means of recognizablity, popularity, et cetera, Tales Of-series has not much going for it to be in a position in order to be added in Smash as a 3rd Party (including any sort of content)

It's also now pointless to even think the Tales Of-directors being on the helm seems to help giving Lloyd (or hell, any potential Tales Of-rep) any chance to be in this game. Sakurai would have to break his rules again about 3rd Parties, something I'm 100% sure he's not going to risk doing because he had strongly stated of not adding 3rd Parties in this game more than there's necessary.

So if anything, if he's ever going for another 3rd Party, it will be Pac-Man at this point. No way I'm seeing Lloyd anymore being realistically considered, and foremost alll, added to the game.Being an Assist might be closest of anything "realistic" for him to get in, but even that nears the whole deal of "letting the directors add their characters because they were involved with the game", something Sakurai yet stated again of not going to do.

And don't try to talk about me on Villager and WFT because Sakurai stated that the rules are different for 3rd parties, and has stated them already.

I'm not trying to move my support on Lloyd anymore further on because from the view of these things, he's not getting in. It made me quite sad and all, but I learned to stop being stubborn and emo, and thus, move on.

I really suggest you guys to do the same. As the topic creator, please respect my opinion. I don't want to be deluded.

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I absolutely fail to see how at this point. People here, please stop making me get hopes up anymore.

Sakurai already said that he's very strict and evaluative on adding 3rd Parties. As being just one of the other Namco's series and not their mascot series in means of recognizablity, popularity, et cetera, Tales Of-series has not much going for it to be in a position in order to be added in Smash as a 3rd Party (including any sort of content)

It's also now pointless to even think the Tales Of-directors being on the helm seems to help giving Lloyd (or hell, any potential Tales Of-rep) any chance to be in this game. Sakurai would have to break his rules again about 3rd Parties, something I'm 100% sure he's not going to risk doing because he had strongly stated of not adding 3rd Parties in this game more than there's necessary.

So if anything, if he's ever going for another 3rd Party, it will be Pac-Man at this point. No way I'm seeing Lloyd anymore being realistically considered, and foremost alll, added to the game.Being an Assist might be closest of anything "realistic" for him to get in, but even that nears the whole deal of "letting the directors add their characters because they were involved with the game", something Sakurai yet stated again of not going to do.

And don't try to talk about me on Villager and WFT because Sakurai stated that the rules are different for 3rd parties, and has stated them already.

I'm not trying to move my support on Lloyd anymore further on because from the view of these things, he's not getting in. It made me quite sad and all, but I learned to stop being stubborn and emo, and thus, move on.

I really suggest you guys to do the same. As the topic creator, please respect my opinion. I don't want to be deluded.
Where did Sakurai give his rules for third party characters? Do you mean the 4 rules for adding a character? Why wouldn't Lloyd be realistically considered for Smash Bros? He got into Soul Caliber, so it isn't outside the realm of possibility that he could get into Brawl.

I'm not saying he's likely, I'm just saying there's a chance, and as long as there's a chance I'll be happy :)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Where did Sakurai give his rules for third party characters? Do you mean the 4 rules for adding a character? Why wouldn't Lloyd be realistically considered for Smash Bros? He got into Soul Caliber, so it isn't outside the realm of possibility that he could get into Brawl.

I'm not saying he's likely, I'm just saying there's a chance, and as long as there's a chance I'll be happy :)

"Just because the game is being cooperatively developed with Namco Bandai involved, that doesn’t at all mean that they’d be given any special consideration for having characters in the game," Sakurai said. "Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters. Just like with Mega Man or any other third-party character, it would have to be a very special situation."

"Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case. In the last game, when we added Sonic and Snake, there were lots of different hoops to jump through as far as getting approvals and making sure all the parties involved were happy with the way things went. You can consider it a very special circumstance for that to happen," Sakurai said. "Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling. It’s much tougher than people can imagine. I know lots of people have requests and their own ideas about third-party characters that would work, but I want people to understand that adding a third-party character like Mega Man is a very special situation."

What "special" does Lloyd have going for him at the moment? I can't think any. This is why I have given up. I bet there's even more popular and prominent series than Tales Of if they were given any special treatment. (At least in means of Sakurai's eyes and how it'd work for the audience of Smash Bros.)

Lloyd being in Soul Calibur Legends doesn't really work on him being in this game, since that was also Namco's own crossover game.
Besides Tales Of-series is skipping Wii U at the moment, even not being willing to give the Symphonia HD-remaster game.

But whatever, do what you want. I wonder how long you'll keep up with your attitude. It takes quite a lot of guts going against the odds like these. Let me applaud you if you actually succeed.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
That's actually also why I'm slowly giving up on Professor Layton. 3rd party characters need to have a very special reason of why they can be in. Layton and Lloyd don't really have this. Yes, they both have their fans who want them in and their creators both are interested in having them in. But I'm not sure if that is enough to justify either of them for Sakurai. :/

Guess we will have to wait and see. I would love to see Sakurai prove me wrong though. :/

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Suck as it may if Lloyd's not in because of the mentioned news, it's still kinda good that it's as difficult as it is for 3rd party characters to get into Smash, because if they just allowed like as many 3rd party additions as they do 1st party, Smash Bros would kinda lose its identity in the sense of being a Nintendo all-stars series.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
With the Wii fit character's reveal, I think it's safe to say this game will disappoint more than one of the major character requests. I say that because I can't recall any big effort (if any) being put into asking for the Wii fit trainer by fans.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
With the Wii fit character's reveal, I think it's safe to say this game will disappoint more than one of the major character requests. I say that because I can't recall any big effort (if any) being put into asking for the Wii fit trainer by fans.
I assume you didn't see the video where Sakurai bassically states that she's the WTF character that NO ONE expected. So obviously no one asked for her.

She's just continuing the trend where we have one WTF character per installment.

Hong

The Strongest
My body is ready for Lloyd Irving in Sm4sh. The "Tales of" combat system translates so well to Super Smash Bros. Not going to make any assumptions, but compared to a lot of the suggestions out there, Lloyd is far from impossible.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
I assume you didn't see the video where Sakurai bassically states that she's the WTF character that NO ONE expected. So obviously no one asked for her.

She's just continuing the trend where we have one WTF character per installment.
I did see the video and that doesn't take away from the point I made about it disappointing people (No, I don't mean me). My bringing up the fact that no one asked for that character is for people who didn't see said video.

How do you know this will be just that 'one' wtf character? Don't get me wrong, a 'wtf' character is a matter of opinion and I think she is a better fit (lol) for smash than most of the picks I see (not on this site).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I did see the video and that doesn't take away from the point I made about it disappointing people (No, I don't mean me). My bringing up the fact that no one asked for that character is for people who didn't see said video.

How do you know this will be just that 'one' wtf character? Don't get me wrong, a 'wtf' character is a matter of opinion and I think she is a better fit (lol) for smash than most of the picks I see (not on this site).
1. Ok

2. I never said I knew. Also, I really doubt we'll get more but that's opinion. But like I said. I never said I knew. All I said was that it continues a thing that's been going on for a while.

I will say this though. How do you know there'll be more WTF characters? You don't know. So quit acting like Sakurai would ignore the fans completely.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
1. Ok

2. I never said I knew. Also, I really doubt we'll get more but that's opinion. But like I said. I never said I knew. All I said was that it continues a thing that's been going on for a while.

I will say this though. How do you know there'll be more WTF characters? You don't know. So quit acting like Sakurai would ignore the fans completely.
I misunderstood your point because you said she is 'continuing the trend where we have one WTF character per installment', I thought you meant literally 'one wtf character'.
I didn't say that there will be more wtf characters, all I asked was 'how do you know this will be just that 'one' wtf character'.

'You don't know. So quit acting like Sakurai would ignore the fans completely.'
........? Did my post offend you or something?
I'm not acting like Sakurai will ignore Smash fans, but you can't seriously say that all of the major fan requests will make it in. Only time will tell. It's alright to get hyped, but remember to keep realistic expectations.. 7_7

[On-Topic] Lloyd's secondary outfits should be in Smash if he makes it in (yeah that's the best I could come up with).

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
I misunderstood your point because you said she is 'continuing the trend where we have one WTF character per installment', I thought you meant literally 'one wtf character'.
I didn't say that there will be more wtf characters, all I asked was 'how do you know this will be just that 'one' wtf character'.

'You don't know. So quit acting like Sakurai would ignore the fans completely.'
........? Did my post offend you or something?
I'm not acting like Sakurai will ignore Smash fans, but you can't seriously say that all of the major fan requests will make it in. Only time will tell. It's alright to get hyped, but remember to keep realistic expectations.. 7_7

[On-Topic] Lloyd's secondary outfits should be in Smash if he makes it in (yeah that's the best I could come up with).
No it didn't offend me. But it does annoy me when people start acting like the WFT is the end of the world. Also, i am not expecting all the fan favorites. I don't know where you got that.

Anyway, we should take this to the WFT section since this is off topic.

Zoids-Raven

Smash Apprentice
No it didn't offend me. But it does annoy me when people start acting like the WFT is the end of the world. Also, i am not expecting all the fan favorites. I don't know where you got that.
Anyway, we should take this to the WFT section since this is off topic.
'But it does annoy me when people start acting like the WFT is the end of the world.'...How did you get that from my post. XD Not expecting all the fan favorites is the point of my post really. Why reply (the way you did) if you agree? Why??? Do you seriously want to argue about something so meaningless?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
If Lloyd makes it (I'm hoping he will!) they have to make him yell out all his special moves as he does them, as they do in all Tales games...I've always loved that aspect of the games

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
If Lloyd makes it (I'm hoping he will!) they have to make him yell out all his special moves as he does them, as they do in all Tales games...I've always loved that aspect of the games
But wouldn't that get annoying after a while? Maybe if there was a 30% chance he'd yell out the special attack or something, just to make it less annoying.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Truthfully I'm sure it would annoy lots of people, especially if they aren't used to it. I've just played Tales so much I've gotten used to it and enjoy it.

I was only talking special moves but who knows lol

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
But wouldn't that get annoying after a while? Maybe if there was a 30% chance he'd yell out the special attack or something, just to make it less annoying.

"PK FIRE! PK THUNDER! PK THUNDER! PK FIRE!"

I don't think it's gonna be a huge problem, at least not more so than the Earthbound kids. Besides, he did it in ToS, and he probably uses specials in that more frequently than he would in Smash.
(and it wasn't annoying in the Tales games, at least I didn't think so)

Hong

The Strongest
I didn't think it was annoying, either. Part of the charm. The obnoxiousness of it grows on you after a while, in a funny way.

DEMON FANG

DEMON FANG

DEMON FANG

Holy Lance

Smash Apprentice
I didn't think it was annoying, either. Part of the charm. The obnoxiousness of it grows on you after a while, in a funny way.

DEMON FANG

DEMON FANG

DEMON FANG
It wasn't annoying in Tales, it's just that Brawl usually has certain sound effects for attacks, and hearing DEMON FANG as his attack call for 100% would get annoying. I'd main Lloyd anyway, it's just a thought to have it be like a third of the time rather than every time.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I'd prefer other Tales characters over Lloyd too, but he's the most likely, so.

No Regal Bryant qq

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just thought I would post this moveset here. I actually started on it a very long time ago, but could not finish it because I was so busy. Most of these moves derive from Tales of Symphonia. A few of them derive from Soul Calibur: Legends, a few I made up. Anyhow, here it is:

[collapse="Lloyd moveset"]
♦ Index:

1). Regular Attack
2). Tilt Attacks
3). Smash Attacks
4). Aerial Attacks
5). Special Moves
6). Grab Attacks
7). Taunts, Poses, Etc.
8). Final Smash

1). Regular Attack (or “jab”):

• Jab 1: Lloyd performs a swift rising vertical slash of his right hand sword.
• Jab 2: Lloyd follows up with a downward vertical slash.
• Jab 3: Lloyd finishes the combo by performing a spinning slash with his two swords, slashing the opponent twice.

• Rapid Jab (Sword Rain): If the player presses the attack button rapidly, after Jab 2 Lloyd will perform a swift rising vertical slash, then follow up with an endless rain of lightning-fast stabs. At the end of the attack (when the player ceases to press the attack button), Lloyd will finish the combo with a thrust of his left hand sword, pushing the opponent away.

• Regular Attack (with item): Lloyd performs a quick upward diagonal slash with whatever item he is wielding. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Lloyd is wielding.

• Dash Attack: With blinding speed, Lloyd slashes the opponent with both swords simultaneously, sending the opponent flying upward. Instant startup.

2). Tilt Attacks:

• Forward Tilt (Sonic Thrust): Lloyd performs a strong thrust of his sword that pushes the opponent away a medium distance. Very slightly slow startup. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Forward Tilt (with item): Lloyd lunges forward, performing a swift thrust with whatever item he is wielding. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Lloyd is wielding.

• Upward Tilt: Lloyd performs a quick and strong vertical slash that sweeps the enemy in the air, setting him/her up for an air combo. Quick startup. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

• Downward Tilt: Lloyd sweeps one sword along the ground, damaging the opponent whilst pushing him/her away. Quick startup. Can be “jab-cancelled” into.

3). Smash Attacks:

• Forward Smash (Fierce Demon Fang): Lloyd brings his right-hand sword to the ground with bone-breaking force, creating a shockwave that damages the opponent multiple times before sending him/her flying. Very slightly slow startup. Can kill at high percentages if charged.

• Forward Smash (with item): Lloyd brings the item down onto the opponent with bone-breaking force. Damage, speed, and knockback depend on what item Lloyd is wielding.

• Upward Smash: Lloyd performs three quick slashes above him, the third of which sends the opponent flying upward. Quick startup. Can kill at high percentages if charged.

• Downward Smash (Demonic Circle): Lloyd slashes the opponent once, then brings his right-hand sword to the ground with bone-breaking force, producing a 360-degree shockwave along the ground, sending any adjacent opponent flying. Quick startup. Can kill at high percentages, especially if charged. Though this move is powerful, Lloyd can be knocked out of it before he finishes.

4). Aerial Attacks:

• Neutral Aerial (Tempest): Lloyd curls into a ball and spins in the air with both swords pointed outward, repeatedly slashing any nearby opponent. Instant startup. Good for air combos. Great horizontal and vertical range.

• Forward Aerial (Tiger Rage): Lloyd brings one sword up in a rising vertical slash, then slashes the opponent three more times in a rapid motion. Instant startup. Good for air combos. During this move, Lloyd will stay afloat, making it useful for recovery.

• Backward Aerial: Lloyd twirls around once, slashing any opponent behind him twice. Quick startup. Similar to Ike, Lloyd’s backward aerial will not turn him around.

• Upward Aerial: Lloyd slashes one sword above him in an arc, then, whilst twirling his body, follows up with a second slash. While the first slash only damages the opponent, the second slash will send the opponent flying upward a little, setting him/her up for a possible air combo. Instant startup.

• Downward Aerial: Lloyd slashes both swords underneath him simultaneously. Quick startup. This move briefly slows Lloyd’s fall. Can spike if “sweet-spotted”.

5). Special Moves:

• Standard Special (Demon Fang): Lloyd conjures a miniature shockwave by swinging his sword. If pressed twice, Lloyd will conjure a second shockwave. The shockwave quickly travels along the ground until it either collides with an opponent or object, or reaches the end of the platform. If this move is used in the air, the shockwave will travel downward at a 45-degree angle, dissipating once it hits the ground or another solid object. Quick startup.

• Side Special (Raging Beast): Lloyd spins around once, slashing the opponent twice, then unleashes a burst of energy shaped like a lion’s head, sending the opponent flying. Quick startup. Can kill at high percentages.

• Upward Special (Rising Falcon): Lloyd jumps high into the air, then comes diving with his swords crossed in front of him, damaging any opponent he collides with. A little faster and farther than Falco’s up-special. The angle of Lloyd’s dive can be altered with the control stick, from 45 degrees to 90 degrees. If Lloyd lands on the ground or a platform after diving, he will slide forward a little with his swords held out behind him. Quick startup.

• Downward Special (Guardian): Lloyd crosses his arms and for several seconds projects a green force field that blocks attacks and reflects projectiles. Very slightly slow startup. If used in the air, Lloyd’s descent will be slowed. Though good for defense, melee attacks will slightly push Lloyd away while he is using this move, making it a bad move to use near a ledge.

6). Grab Attacks:

• Grab Animation & Speed: Lloyd sheaths one sword and grabs at the opponent. Very slightly slow startup. Dashing grab is slower than regular grab, while pivot grab is the fastest.

• Pummel: Lloyd bashes the opponent with the hilt of his sword. About as fast and powerful as Link’s pummel.

• Forward Throw: Lloyd hurls the opponent forward a medium-short distance.

• Backward Throw: Lloyd whirls around and throws the opponent a medium-short distance.

• Upward Throw: Lloyd tosses the opponent in the air then follows up with a slash that sends the opponent flying.

• Downward Throw: Lloyd slams the opponent to the ground and jumps onto the opponent, sending him/her flying upward a little.

7). Taunts, Poses, Etc:

• Up Taunt: Lloyd faces the screen and raises both swords over his head in a cross.

• Side Taunt: Lloyd crouches a little whilst holding his swords across his body, his left sword across his waist and his right sword over his head. At the same time, he says, “Come on, bring it!”

• Down Taunt: Using a magickal ring, Lloyd traps himself inside a transparent bubble. He will remain inside the bubble until either he takes damage or the player presses the taunt button a second time, which pops the bubble, slightly damaging any adjacent opponent.

• Victory Pose 1: Lloyd tosses both his swords into the air, one at a time, then deftly catches each one, sheathing it. At the same time he says, “You picked the wrong guy to mess with!”

• Victory Pose 2: Lloyd casually swings both swords in front of him. At the same time, whilst laughing cheerfully, he says “Alright!”

• Victory Pose 3: Lloyd deftly swings both swords, then lunges forward, his right-hand sword thrusted outward and his left-hand sword held inward, pointing forward. At the same time he says, “That was way too easy!”

• Idle Pose 1: Lloyd casually swings one sword, then briefly points the other forward.

• Idle Pose 2: Lloyd taps the toes of his boots on the ground.

• Onscreen Appearance (when the match begins): Lloyd flies above the stage on a bird-shaped flying machine. He then hops off the machine and readies his swords, saying “Let’s go all out!”

8). Final Smash (Falcon’s Crest):Upon initiating the Final Smash, Lloyd will slash at the opponent with both swords simultaneously. If the blow connects, the opponent will be stunned, and Lloyd will combine both of his swords (one a sword of flame, the other a sword of ice) into one powerful weapon, the Eternal Sword. As Lloyd is combining the two swords, balls of energy emerge from a magickal circle beneath him, circling around him and repeatedly damaging any nearby opponent. Eventually, Lloyd will send the opponent into the air with a strong two handed slash, jump up after him/her, then bring his sword down onto the opponent--at the same, Lloyd shouts, “I’ll show you…divine justice!!” The opponent, as well as any other opponent whom was caught in the attack, is sent flying or KO’ed.[/collapse]

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
"Just because the game is being cooperatively developed with Namco Bandai involved, that doesn’t at all mean that they’d be given any special consideration for having characters in the game," Sakurai said. "Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters. Just like with Mega Man or any other third-party character, it would have to be a very special situation."

"Adding third-party characters should be considered a very special case. In the last game, when we added Sonic and Snake, there were lots of different hoops to jump through as far as getting approvals and making sure all the parties involved were happy with the way things went. You can consider it a very special circumstance for that to happen," Sakurai said. "Even in cases like adding Pokemon characters, there are a lot of parties involved and there’s a lot of wrangling. It’s much tougher than people can imagine. I know lots of people have requests and their own ideas about third-party characters that would work, but I want people to understand that adding a third-party character like Mega Man is a very special situation."

What "special" does Lloyd have going for him at the moment? I can't think any. This is why I have given up. I bet there's even more popular and prominent series than Tales Of if they were given any special treatment. (At least in means of Sakurai's eyes and how it'd work for the audience of Smash Bros.)

Lloyd being in Soul Calibur Legends doesn't really work on him being in this game, since that was also Namco's own crossover game.
Besides Tales Of-series is skipping Wii U at the moment, even not being willing to give the Symphonia HD-remaster game.

But whatever, do what you want. I wonder how long you'll keep up with your attitude. It takes quite a lot of guts going against the odds like these. Let me applaud you if you actually succeed.
Or, you know, he could be pulling our legs. You never know with are vigilante hero Sakurai.

I believe Lloyd is behind Pac Man, but sometimes the underdog gets the rep.

Btw, for anyone who hasn't seen the Symphonia anime, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cAiA93TRXA

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Or, you know, he could be pulling our legs. You never know with are vigilante hero Sakurai.

I believe Lloyd is behind Pac Man, but sometimes the underdog gets the rep.

Btw, for anyone who hasn't seen the Symphonia anime, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cAiA93TRXA

Or I think you might be grasping the straws. Snake got in due close friendships. Sonic was pretty much due world-wide demand which actually caused a delay to Brawl just to add him in (explaining why his music selection was rather minimal)

There's not much going for him after seeing what is Sakurai's criteria for this game and then there's more widely known mascots like Pac-Man who'd be more favoured and would make Smash Bros sell more hotcakes than Lloyd would.
Not to mention maybe Pac-Man would be more interesting to do a moveset for due not being mostly copy-pasted and there's more place for creativity. With Lloyd adding him would pose to be maybe too simple and his moveset might seem even generic if I compare him to what Sakurai could do with Pac-Man (I doubt he'd bring anything new in means of being an excitable 3rd Party) and since 3rd parties need an extra polish, it's way too unlikely for me to see Sakurai holding any bias to Tales Of and any of his reps enough to add them over Pac-Man.

And even if he's unpredictable, I don't think Sakurai being unpredictable means he decides to pull of Wii Fit Trainer by adding Lloyd over someone like Pac-Man. So far there's not much that poses well in means of even adding Lloyd ingame since Symphonia HD's skipping Wii U as well.

I think it's too over fans' heads that Symphonia being a part of Nintendo's history warrants it's place in Smash Bros and expect Sakurai to even pull the same mindset. When clearly things show that chances for that is far more being unlikely. We're a minority here.

At this rate if I'd see Lloyd in, I'd be more confused than happy: more wondering about how he'd affect the game's roster's reception and why he would be chosen after everything happening between Tales Of and Nintendo. And I bet people would go on being annoyed to no end and badmouthing Sakurai for adding him over Pac-Man or heck Klonoa and more known Namco-reps.Especially considering Symphonia HD skipping Wii U. Snake at least has some games on Nintendo-systems still.

Which is why I feel like Cless or Yuri Lowell might be more neutral (and latter would be much more favoured) rep for the series. Things at the moment have completely shut down Lloyd's chances (at least in my eyes).

Top Bottom