• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Univ. of Minnesota - 4/30results up

P D

Smash Ace
i did have recording shiz, would that have been a good thing to announce?

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
dont try and defend the raging peach main guys LOL pretty sure ppl only let him win so that they dont have to see him cry afterwards.

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
iirc last mn tourney quaz went to he got 3rd, under tink and kels

just sayin
Get styled on.

On-topic: Wish I could've made this one. I'll try to make one of these when I don't have midterms. Nice melee turnout.

Triple R

Smash Lord
Shout outs -

1: Chexr ($105) - Fun friendlies before hand. Good job getting 1st too.

2: dmac ($53) ? – Good doubles match. Kinda wanted to play you in singles too. Maybe another time though.

3: Deepak (17) - Second set of doubles was really rough lol. You guys just dominated.

4: Eighteenspikes - ugh, you’re so good against me. You played a solid game that I found hard to get through. Someone had to stop me lol. Ggs and I’ll try even harder next time.

5: TripleR - Good job! Keep it up!

5: Lucas - Good job beating bluezaft. You and Deepak dominated us in doubles second set.

7: Bluezaft - I felt the crowd was against you our whole set and made you nervous. I honestly feel you are a better player. You’ll probably do better next time.

7: Disciple - Thanks for teaming with me. It was fun. Nice places in singles too.

9: Jordan ? – Don’t think I played you at all this time. Maybe next time.

9: Amanze ? I didn’t feel like you were putting up your big wall of defense like you usually do against me. Fun match.

9: Ocho - Wow it looks like you placed well this time. Keep it up. Of course thanks for hosting too.

9: Flux ow OW - Only played you in two friendlies lol, nice marth as always.

13: TD - Don’t know if I played you .

13: Tempest [idk who you used] – Our set was really close. I didn’t really want to take you to Congo, so I gambled with FoD since I kinda like that stage too. Don’t SD against Disciple next time.

13: Adam - Don’t know if I played you.

13: Moe - Didn’t play you either lol.

17: Clayton - Nope, didn’t want to get wobbled, so I didn’t play you.

17: MaxwellTooSwell - Fun friendlies

17: Tilt – Marth I played in bracket? Fun matches.

17: PD – Didn’t play you. Smash64!

17: Chappy – Don’t know you

17: Wake - Did you stay very long? lol

17: Man – Don’t know you. Cream? On smashboards?

17: Fumps - Good to see you again.

25: Zod – Don’t know you

25: Eci4 ? – Nice job coming. Didn’t play you though

25: RF – Think I know you lol

25: Nappy - Your mario really isn’t bad. You were doing stuff that actually was mario like, like dthrow fair back into stage or nair for killing. I could tell you practiced a little at least.

25: Deek – Deek!

33: Fun – Fun!

33: Battleaxe – Axe!

33: Ca$h - Thanks for coming, don’t think I played you though.

33: Jim – Come again.

33: Loco Luca - You’re way better than this.

49: BlueCanary – Thanks for coming.

1:Moe ($35.00) - Meta is so rough lol, Got one match though. Going for 2 next time.

2: Nappy (Nappy) ($10.00) - lol our matches are always close, and oddly I found our long matches kinda fun and relaxing.

3: RRR (RRR) ($5.00) - You did ok, but you can do better!

4: yoshq (yoshq) - Thanks for teaming with me, though I wasn’t too fond of your fox and bickering with the other team… lol. I felt like I goofed when I got spiked by Neo, sorry about that.

5: near (da barber) - Good job in teams, so much stuff

5: D. Disciple (D. Disciple) - I don’t even know who you played, but I think I saw the end of your match with yoshq.

7: eze - Step it up, you’re better than this.

7: Breezy (Breezy) - Didn’t really get to see you play much at all. Didn’t really see you much at all the whole day lol. Sorry about your laptop though, wish I could’ve helped somehow.

9: Man (Man) ? – Cream? lol

9: Chexr (Chexr) - I know you would still be a beast if you still played this game.

9: Og (Og) - What? This is unacceptable? Sorry about being ornry when you put that hat on lol. I don’t really like being touched when I’m playing a set. Though maybe it did give me luck since I think that was the set I won.

9: Claus (Claus) - Glad you made it and didn’t get lost on the buses XD.

I’m not really sure what to make of the attendence. It was good obviously, but it’s hard to fit both games in and stuff. I wouldn’t mind alternating what starts first like last year. If attendence is big enough it might be best to only do one event on one day, but then you would have a problem of needing to host more. I doubt people would want brawl one month then melee the next, and I’m not sure how much people would like hosting brawl and melee both once a month separate, let alone TOing every other weekend lol. Maybe just alternating what’s first is the best option. Just my 2 cents worth. Nice attendence though.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
maybe brawl doubles shoulda just been scrapped with only 16 ppl Lol

i mean if theres a time constraint or w/e and hardly anyone entered see if ppl would dbl the entree for just singles or just doubles or something. just a thought

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
yeah i dont actually think like that quaz your a good player i was just mad.. and its good that u get mad at yourself for losing not a bad thing so dont let anyone bother u about that.

andd as far as melee/brawl situation goes.. i think there should just be a whole different event since its a different game and each game takes up 1 day. otherwise there will always be an issue of attendance and time as well.

edit: for instance, i would come to every brawl tournament and enter both events if this was the case. I dont now because its just too much for me. but i would like to :/

Jim!

Smash Rookie
What a great tourney. A lot of you may not know me (or maybe just not know my name), but I've been to a few of these things now. Also, we expected everyone else to have funny names for their Melee teams, so TD and I were Upper Tier is Best Tier if anybody wanted to know who that was.

RRR - I've always had mad respect for you as a pure Kirby main. That stuff is my favorite thing to see at every tourney I come to. Thanks for doing a few Kirby dittos with me, I love working those low (negligible) tiers. You're a cool guy. I never got to really play you in singles, but you ended my and TD's doubles runs in both Melee and Brawl! Good stuff.

D. Disciple - Same kind of thing as I wrote for RRR. Pikachu is a champ, and still one of my favorite characters to play as in Melee. Thanks for showing me a few things, you're a cool guy too, have fun at MLG when you go. Your and RRR's Kirby-Pika team was probably the coolest doubles team ever.

Wake - Good set bro, I'll have learned to fight Peach by the next time I see you, and I'll give you a better match to fight for! Way to rep the Princess.

Fumps - Good games, wish we could have done some more. You better be ready next time!

Spikes - You may not even know who I am, but I got in a few friendlies and stuff with you. It was really cool to be able to play with a really good smasher like you who isn't always down at the tourneys. It really helps my game out to play those kind of matches. You seemed to be really good at all aspects of the game and play a monstrous Doc. I was rooting for you in the bracket, you had some cool sets

Deepak and Lucas - TD and I have done Melee doubles together at every UofM tourney we have came to. At our first one (and first tournament in general), it was a round robin and the first team we played was you two. We were pretty bad back then and you guys were using the dual Puffs, and the whole match was basically chasing us around the stage and resting us. Something similar happened in the second tournament, still got wrecked by the dual Puffs. This time, when you guys pulled out the dual Puffs in your second match, we FINALLY took them out! Didn't win the set, but won the match. That team was always our nemesis! You guys are a mad good doubles team.

PD - Thanks for the ride. You're really bad at Smash 64 still, you should probably just give up and go work on mastering Ness's yoyo glitch some more.

TD - Aww yeah!

Wake

Smash Master
Nice Tournament, I can't wait for the next one!

Fumps- awesome friendlies! It kind of seems like Peach gives you some trouble haha hopefully we can play in the next one.

RRR- I left after I was knocked out. I wanted to play you, but good job beating Bluezaft. I wish I could've seen that match.

Ocho- I wanna play you again at the next tournament. Good job though!

Jim- Our games were aweseome, especially that last match! I'll be better on Brinstar next time we play so get ready!

Spikes- Man you have a crazy Doc. If we play again I'll try and give you better match haha. Good job overall though.

Nappy- Mario was funny.

Max- I really wanted to play you again, maybe some Peach dittos again.

Clayton- Nice friendlies. Maybe we'll get to play in a tournament match next time.

Adam- Cool friendlies. Playing against Ganon is fun.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
^ got em from cosmo's website

and jim, you guys tooka game off yoshii and deepak?! man you guys were better than I ecpected, good work dude

dmac

Smash Champion
Melee Singles:

1: Chexr - fun matches, i should have gone fox more... but it was still fun trying to ganon you, except for the waveshining <_<
2: dmac sucks
3: Deepak - pretttttttty close matches, i thought you were gonna go sheik ( i woulda stayed ganon) your fox was pretty rough to fight!
4: Eighteenspikes - fun time in teams, i made some mistakes :(
5: TripleR - scary kirby, super intense match with bluezaft made my heart pound pretty hard
5: Lucas - good puff! i hate fighting puffs now -_-
7: Bluezaft - fun talking to you again, play melee more so you dont have more tournies like this :(
7: Disciple
9: Jordan ?
9: Amanze fun tourney matches, i got a bunch of good hits because you flubbed some tech skill stuffs, so work on that and you'll be really rough to beat
9: Ocho - thanks for hosting a great melee tourney, way better and more fun and more attendence than i'd thought there would be :D
9: Flux ow OW - you got there late and no friendlies :( sorry mangz
13: TD
13: Tempest [idk who you used] - we didn't play except falcon dittos lol
13: Adam
13: Moe
17: Clayton
17: MaxwellTooSwell
17: Tilt
17: PD - good marth! closer than i was expecting so early on :D
17: Chappy - probably your first tourney, but if you had fun keep practicing
17: Wake
17: Man
17: Fumps
25: Zod
25: Eci4 ?
25: RF
25: Nappy
25: Deek
33: Fun
33: Battleaxe
33: Ca$h
33: Jim
33: Loco Luca
49: BlueCanary

thanks for the tourney, hopefully theres another one when at the same time when i visit again (i super lucked out somehow!)

yoshii

Smash Ace
1: Chexr - Nice talking about poker once again with you. I will host a game again soon.
2: dmac - Tough Gannon. Its been a while since iv'e seen a great gannon like yours. I am not sure going sheik would have helped me too much. Need to learn how to get in closer and keep pestering inside. Hopefully see you at another MN tourney soon.
3: Deepak - Hello teammate. nice job beating me as usual and placing high. Lets aim for first next time.
4: Eighteenspikes - I didn't get to play you in singles, oh well:/ Teams was fun and very close. I was lucky to get that rest off in the end.
5: TripleR - It seems like people never really realize how good your kirby is. Maybe beating bluezaft people will finally start giving you credit instead of johning about their mistakes all the time.
5: Lucas -
7: Bluezaft - Fun matches. Im sure we'll play again soon.
7: Disciple - you gotta beat deepak next time so I don't have to play him.
9: Jordan
9: Amanze - What happened?
9: Ocho - Nicely run tournament. The turnout was amazing.
9: Flux - we usually play each other, don't we? I don't know if i am going to go puff against you now after seeing that first match against deepak.
13: TD
13: Tempest - same to you.
13: Adam
13: Moe - good games, you play a really patient falco.
17: Clayton
17: MaxwellTooSwell
17: Tilt-
17: PD -
17: Chappy -
17: Wake
17: Man
17: Fumps
25: Zod
25: Eci4 - nice talking to you again. hopefully see you at more tournaments.
25: RF
25: Nappy
25: Deek
33: Fun
33: Battleaxe
33: Ca$h
33: Jim - you'll get us next time in teams!
33: Loco Luca - I saw game 3 against spikes, man that was close!

dmac

Smash Champion
sorry napzz -__-;; we connected on many levels, sorry i forgot

disciple what doubles match did we have? i didn't really get the all the names of who we were fighting and i didn't get introduced to you :(

dmac

Smash Champion
ohhh yeah, that was way closer than i expected, and that pause .... was super helpful to us <_< not gonna joke it probably won us the set :(

Misteroo

Smash Rookie
Wake, I totally forgot to friendly you! We'll play at the next tourney. I think I have a secret weapon for taking you down next time. I hope it works! :O

Misteroo

Smash Rookie
This is Maxwell Too Swell. The Peach main you played at Games N Go Championships. Sorry for the name confusion. :p

Top Bottom