• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Univ. of Minnesota - 4/30results up

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
ya, i just thought i got last for a second because I was looking at tripleR's shoutouts which had teflon in last and excluded the 25th place people. really i got 17th though

Triple R

Smash Lord
I know I helped create the bracket. I did the matches I knew. Then I made Wake go ask people about their matches for the clueless ones. I don't remember dealing with Teflon or Ocho. I'm assuming that was in the top part of the bracket. There shouldn't be too many mistakes though.

Wake

Smash Master
Yeah I asked people who they played and lost to, so Max's part shouldn't have any mistakes since he told me himself haha, I didn't ask about Ocho or Teflon though.

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
1: MN Moe ($45.50) try in winners next time L
2: Sin242 ($13.00) idk why i always get lazy in winners and have to dominate you in losers later on, way too much work
3: D. Disciple ($6.50) good stuff getting 3rd
4: Nappy idiot player
5: Amanze good stuff in doubles
5: Breezy u improved. but u need to focus on not dying so easy in doubles and taking it easy. falco is a fragile char and gets ***** easy. so just relax.
7: colin that rob!
7: near we save each other o
9: xeelt o
9: Sparrow good seeing you sir!
9: Triple R 9th? L. afk.
9: wake best marth
13: Seed o

to the melee players and everyone else it was good seeing you

flux u owe me a dollar son. haha

Jim!

Smash Rookie
Thanks for hosting another tourney Ocho! It was a blast, can't wait for the next one/Combo Breaker! Good job putting the bracket back together everyone!

Sparrow, are you going to be putting up all the singles matches eventually? If not, could I somehow see my and Tempest's set that was recorded?

Shoutouts:

Teflon - You're a really cool and funny guy, I remembered you immediately from your Facebook messages. We had a good set, even though I wouldn't let you take me to Pokefloats (you already gotta take us there in doubles!). You're a really good player, I hope to play with you again in the future.

Tempest - I'm glad I got to play you in bracket. I was really intimidated, you've got amazing skills. Good job getting third! I couldn't pull it off this time, but watch out for me next time! I'm glad it was recorded so I can hopefully look back and see how I really did. You and Sparrow's doubles was tight as well, there was some good synergy there. We couldn't quite take a match off, but it was fun.

PD - You're a punk kid still, and you still gotta play me to get your pencil back.

Triple R - You get this all the time, but you're a beast. This was the first time I played you in bracket, and I was happy with the way the set went. Can't be mad losing to a Kirby, haha. I won't be foolish enough to take you to Cruise again! But I do like working on my Kirby, so some Kirby dittos next time would be awesome! Good job winning teams with Chexr, you know exactly how to fight those space animals!

Wake - Yeah, first time not playing you I think! Your Peach has got some tricks, I actually started experimenting around with a few ideas I saw you doing. I am struggle against fighting Peach with any of my characters, oddly enough, so some Peach dittos would be good practice for me if you're interested! Keep reppin' the Princess.

TD - Aww yeah!

Wake

Smash Master
You're pretty cool Jim, thanks for the support when I played Sparrow... even though I lost haha. You should teach some Falcon match up stuff and we'll ditto. How about that? Are you going to combo breaker? We could play there.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Good Games Jim! :) you are one of the people who at the last tourney i saw some big improvement out of. you and wake actually lol, you peach players must be up to something.

mezbomber

Smash Journeyman
I had a lot of fun. I haven't been to a serious smash event since 56k was still around. Sparrow, how do I find you on FB? I'd like to see those vids.

Shoutouts:

everyone: you're better than me...unless you're one of the two people that lost against my Mewtwo.

Wake

Smash Master
Disciple is comparing Max to 56k, Nappy. At least, I'm assuming, but I don't really know much about 56k so maybe I'm wrong. And yeah Matt, us Peach players about to mess the brackets up so watch out! 3 Peaches in the top ten baby! haha

the Marronator

Smash Ace
Hey guys!

Ok, I have to say, sick tournament!! It was such a pleasure to play good people in smash again ;_; Seriously. I'm really glad MN has a live smash scene. I'm really going to try to go to more tournaments/fests now that I have a way of going off campus. Although if anyone is ever near Northfield, you're more than welcome to stop by for some sick games. Just saying

Special shoutouts to Sparrow for the friendlies, Tempest for improving SO much since last time, Deepak for the great tournament matches, and frankly everybody else I played in the tournament for not complaining too much when they played random guy #2. To everybody else, nice meeting you and I hope to play you in the future :)

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
Yaaaay more marronator :)

i was scared for a while when we met at SDC's tourney, then you just fell off the face of the smash planet lol. but i'm glad your back!

GG's at the last tourney, sorry you had to play me after i already played like 3 other peaches lol

Kush

Smash Rookie
I am from Moorhead MN and I am interested in coming to the next smash event for specifically Melee.

When is the next time you guys are hosting an event?

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
gg's maybe I'll see y'all around, but I'm not going to be playing anymore. Just isn't as fun as it use to be guys. gl to everyone get better and evolve those mindgames.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
melee singles bracket

melee doubles

^deepak and amanze beat flux and tripler, I guess the bracket wasnt quite done when i saved the image.

brawl singles

--------------------------------------
shoutouts:

amanze: you seemed really good today, nice win against deepak especially

luca: I really dont think you were at your potential when we played, im sure it will be a better set next time

wake: nice placing and good stuff. ahhh port 3 victory :)

tripleR: its too bad you view your marth experience as negative. I'm happy you have an open mind though. nice seeing ya

Zues: thanks for playing all those friendlies with me while brawl was happening. its pretty rare that I play someone of your caliber and i appreciate the exp.

flux: good intense set, i enjoyed it. nice doubles work too.

max: i think zelda seemed like your toughest character lol

Top Bottom