• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Univ. of Minnesota - 4/30results up

aXeWray

Smash Rookie
Great tournament Ocho!

I'm still learning everyone so sorry if I forgot you or butcher your name.

Ocho- You were super nice and friendly. Thanks for putting this together.
RRR- I look forward to casuals so hopefully I won't get last place next time xD.
Teflon- You were hilarious man. I'm super excited to learn brawl, jam, and ice fish haha.
Nappy- Gratz on winning.
Yoshq- You put up a gr8 fight- you'll get Nappy next time! xD
Jordan and Near- Gr8 games guys. You taught me alot, especially that I need to work on my TL MU. hehe.

I'm super tired and know I forgot a bunch of names. Anyway thanks for the warm welcome. I'm super excited to be a part of the MN crew. Also I'm really looking forward to start up some strong MvC3 tourneys when it releases. If any1 is interested hit me up.

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
Triple R- Always fun to play friendlies with you. It's good to know that there's a fellow bottom tier character play in the state.

Deepak- Thanks for the compliments on my new Fox I'm working on. I'll make sure to continue to work hard on it.

Aaron- You're awesome, dude. I love watching and playing against a good spacie.

Amanze- I enjoyed our Zelda vs Samus friendly set thing we did. I hope I can play you in tournament again and see who will be officially victorious. ;)

Wake- Thanks for always rooting for me! I didn't get to play you in any friendlies, but I'm appreciative of your support.

Mike- Welcome to the MN smash scene, dude! You're a really nice guy. I apologize for not getting to play you, but it WILL happen. :D

Lucas- Thanks for playing me in some friendlies. It's a rare thing, but I enjoyed it. Keep playing that Shiek, it's really good!

Tempest- It's always fun to hang out and eat Perkins with my bro! Can't wait for the intense Fox training lessons.

Teflon- Thanks for letting us stay at your SICK house! It was a lot of fun and we're definitely gonna do it again sometime!

Luca- I know you weren't super excited for teams, but you gave a good performance. I think if we keep at it we'll only get better and better. WE GOT DIS!

Hung- Finally got to play you! I enjoyed our matches and I can tell that your Falco improved. Keep playing that Mario though. It's SICK.

Ocho- Thanks for hosting as always. I only got to play you in one friendly, but I enjoyed our Fox ditto.

Moe- You have a tough Falco. I thought I could have had you, but looks like it just wasn't meant to be. I'm glad I finally got to play you in tourney and I hope to play you again soon.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
TripleR - it sucks that we had to play. i talk to you in person so no need to elablorate here

wake - great job today.

Max - I also enjoyed our one friendly. well, ok i didnt really enjoy it but you sure are impressive

luca - I dont think I ever played you.

aaron - it was awesome playing you. and good job vs deepak, i can't ever remember him losing to a falco so it was extra cool.

tempest - good job vs deepak and fun friendlies. oh, and good job vs me in bracket too

mike - great to have you man, keep showing up to stuff.

teflon - finally got to meet teflon :] i am glad

sdc - im glad you came to the end of the tourney. I hope it was worth it and sorry i didn't stick around.

yoshq and loki - i think you guys paid in singles so thanks! oh and loki, next time youll be even better at melee im sure

sin - you were better at melee than i expected, good job. my advice would be hold down more on the control stick

ian - are you on smashboards?? good friendlies and matches - keep improving.

moe - good job in our money match.

deepak, lucas, amanze, hong, amon, assad, lloyd - i dont think i played any of you guys.

Wake

Smash Master
Aaron- Finally got to play you, and as I thought... complete destruction haha. But it was awesome anyways. Nice job winning the tourney. I hope we can play again sometime.

Ocho- Your set with RRR was really intense. Nice job beating him and nice job at the tourney.

Tempest- You were so close to beating Deepak! That set should've been recorded. You had some nice comebacks, maybe next time right? Hopefully, I'll give you a better fight next time we play.

Luca- The Falcon. It's still scary, and so is your Young Link. Good job beating Amanze and everything.

Max- We don't play enough do we? For sure, next tourney we're both at, we'll play friendlies.

RRR- Man, I was nervous when I saw that I had to play you. Our set was intense. At least, for me it was.

Moe- We had some awesome matches in that MM. I'm glad I finally got to play you. You're Falco's the truth. Good job taking Amanze out.

Amanze- I have never played you before, but I want to.

Deepak- You're so good! I'm gonna get better so hopefully I can actually challenge you a little bit haha.

Epic- Marth/G&W seems like a terrible MU for G&W. It was still a fun set (besides one obvious part).

Near- Ha you killed yourself. I was rooting for you. Take out Yoshq next time.

Mike- Fun friendlies. You should enter Melee next time. It was nice meeting you.

Remy LeBeau

Smash Apprentice
Aaron - Nice job winning the whole thing. You are way hard
Amanze - Too bad you had to leave early, but nice job for the day. Your pit ***** me too hard in brawl
Luca - GGs in bracket. I was kinda nervous since i saw you playing so well earlier
TripleR - Good stuff in teams, but didnt play you other than that.
Teflon - Hope i made you proud sensei!
Ocho - Nice job beating RRR
Ian - didnt really play you
Yoshii - nice job beating me in winners again...you are a very tough opponent
Moe - thanks for the coaching, you really kept me in it
Max - lets win teams next event! also nice fox, it seems like its better than your other chars.
Tempest - tough guy, im surprised i won the fox ditto...
Wake - nice job beating rrr, you are getting so good so fast!
Nappy - good job winning brawl, enter melee next time, i entered brawl :(

ggs all!

Triple R

Smash Lord
Results for the 1/22 tournament:

Brawl doubles:

1. Sin242 and TripleR - Good job guys.

2. Near and Nappy - What? Why weren't you our hardest matches?

3. deepak/ aaron - Fun matches. Deepak should've usmash sin outta his shuttle loops more lol

4. loki and epic - Good set. Wasn't expecting that mario loki, and the banana strategy was kinda funny when you said it out loud.

Brawl singles:

1: nappy - Good job getting first. I started out so good the beginning of our set, but you kept it together well.

2: Yoshq - Good job on getting 2nd. I must've got too content after beating you in winners and being ahead 2-1 in our second set. You did a good job of bringing it back.

3: TripleR - Good job, 3rd isn't bad.

4: sin - Didn't see your set against yoshq, but I'm going to assume it was close.

5: near - Didn't really see your matches either, but I hear your match with yoshq was close i think.

5: Amanze - Good job getting 5th.

7: Aaron - Didn't see you play much, but I could see you destroying brawl like you do melee with practice.

7: Deepak - Didn't get to see you play at all.

9: Yeti - Thanks for coming

9: Wake - Good job winning your first brawl set.

9: Loki - I always feel like your better than your placings.

9: jordan - ?

13: Epic - bair more

13: mike - nice meeting you. Hope to see you at smashfest and future tournies.

Melee doubles:

1. Wishdragon - Deepak and aaron - Yeah we toke a game off, we are pro.

2. TripleR and Lucas - Thanks for teaming with me lucas, we didn't do too bad in my opinion.

3. Tempest and Teflon - Greedy fox going for those grabs got him swallowed...

4. Max and Luca - You guys came into the match expecting to lose, but you didn't really do that bad.

5. kumar and kumar - Fun set. Nice to see other people around besides the usually.

5. harold and harold - Good games. There was a lot of puffballs in our matches.

Melee Singles:

1: Aaron - too good

2: Deepak - Nice good keeping up with Aaron

3: Yoshii - Good job getting 3rd

4: Tempest - Nice getting forth, only saw your match with moe, and it looked like you were playing well.

5: Luca - Nice job getting 5th, you're lucky you didn't run into me lol

5: Ocho - Nice job beating me, i'm a little disappointed in myself, but I knew it would happen eventually since our sets are always close.

7: Wake - Same as Ocho, don't expect it to be as easy next time though :p

7: Moe - Fun MM. I don't know why, but I always have a lot of fun playing you. You're one of the few people I feel like were both thinking while we play, trying to adapt to what each other are doing.

9: Max - You'll do better next time. It seems like your having a identity crisis on who your main should be.

9: TripleR - lol, you could've have done the deepak challenge if you got 3rd in melee singles, but you goofed up.

9: Amanze - Hey, do better than this, I know you can.

9: Teflon - Ban Brinstar against me lol. I thought you were going to stay falco but you switched to fox.

13: Ian - ?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
a list of characters for everyone regarding brawl would be awesome

NearZzz

Smash Lord
Results for the 1/22 tournament:

Brawl singles:
1: nappy :snake: / :metaknight:
2: Yoshq :luigi2: / :metaknight:
3: TripleR :kirby2:
4: sin :metaknight: / :popo:
5: near' :toonlink:
5: Amanze :pit: / :zerosuitsamus:
7: Aaron :lucario: / :metaknight:
7: Deepak :fox:/ :falco: / :kirby2:/ :metaknight:
9: Yeti :toonlink:
9: Wake :marth:
9: Loki :mario2:
9: jordan :random:
13: Epic :gw:
13: mike :snake:

Updated with deepak's.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
I have no recollection of jordan at all honestly..

jordan, you should get on mnsmash though

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Sie tao is Jordan the melee player.

unless the thing with mike yan is some joke that i'm not getting, then my bad.

Chexr

Smash Ace
Poor *** shoutouts

Ocho: Thanks for hosting. Especially when he kept his cool after Nappy deleted the bracket. That was some heroic ****.

Sparrow: Awesome job recording sets. Cant wait to see what that Kirby was doing in those teams matches. We should play sometime this week.

Max Berger: Look at this burger.

Disciple: Sick job coming back and sticking with Pikachu even though we all told you not to lmao. You were pretty close to getting Deepak. I think you charge way too many fsmashes still though.

Tempest: Nice going getting 3rd. I think you're definitely improving quicker than others. You were doing really good in the sets we played.

RRR: Sick gimps in teams

Zeus: Mad respect for those matches. I still cant believe you're dropping out of smym though.

Teflon: Good luck with quitting ciggs. You're cute when you're mad.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
was really fun. I think its too cool how long this community has been around and were all still cool as **** with each other. Always a good time. up that entry tho lol...D good **** in teams we should of had it. NO PIKA EVER :(!!!!!!!!!!!! Fun *** sets to everyone I played. Chexr you've been put on notice. I really hope finals got recorded, great matches.

And yeah I don't wanna go to smym, can't be tossing money around atm lol.

Wake

Smash Master
Hmm... I think I'll just repost my shout outs here...

This was an awesome tourney! Thanks for hosting Ocho!

Stevie- Keep coming to tournies and work on that Marth and Falcon! ggs

Sin- You're pretty good in Melee so stop saying you aren't! I'll take you out in Brawl one of these days, just wait!

Daniel- I'm not sure if your Ganon was very used to the Peach match up, but your Fox is awesome!

Tempest- I'm not exactly sure, but I think you've knocked me out of almost every tournament I've ever been to hahaha. You're one of the few smashers that actually intimidate me in the game. I get so nervous when I see that I have to play against you because it'll be brutal haha. I really enjoy playing against you though. I'll catch up to you soon and your little Marth too!

Sparrow- That Falco. I can't wait to play you again, you're so good. I'll watch that Rainbow Cruise match once you upload it. I actually think it's fun playing there.

Ocho- Thanks for hosting. I didn't play you in tourney, but we played a lot of friendlies so it's all good.

Max- I neither played you nor saw any of your matches We will play next tourney!

RRR- Good job today. I didn't play you at all though, and I really wanted to. Oh well, next time.

Jim- Nice Peach! I think you're much better at the Falcon match up than I am. Falcon wrecks me haha. We actually didn't play in tourney this time! Wow!

Teflon- I beat you in that MM, but Flux beat me right after so I lost all of it (all of it being 1 dollar haha). You're really fun to play against.

Chexr- Good job winning singles and doubles. You are so good, hopefully some of the rest of MN will be able to make you flinch soon.

Flux- We only played like 2 matches, and both of those involved you taking my money

Seed- Good job! I'm always rooting for you! Keep playing and you'll be really good!

Amanze- The one time I get to play you Amanze and you don't even use Samus against me... I hope we play in brackets next tournament.

Anyone I might've forgotten... sorry about that...

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace
brawl singles:
1: MN Moe ($45.50) :metaknight: :snake:
2: Sin242 ($13.00) :metaknight: :popo: :falco:
3: D. Disciple ($6.50) :lucario:
4: Nappy :snake: :diddy:
5: Amanze :pit: :zerosuitsamus:
5: Breezy :falco: :ganondorf:
7: colin :rob: :kirby:
7: near :toonlink:
9: xeelt :peach:
9: Sparrow :zerosuitsamus:
9: Triple R :kirby:
9: wake :marth:
13: Seed :diddy:

Triple R

Smash Lord
If Colin was that little kid, you should add ROB to his characters. I saw that in the matches I saw.

Breezy should have Ganondorf next to his too.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Cross posting from the other thread just in case:

Shoutouts post!

I had such a great time at this tournament today. Thanks so much to Ocho for hosting!! Sorry to anyone who I forget when going through these shoutouts, I'm sure I'll forget someone :(

Tempest: Always a pleasure teaming with you! We had our on games and our off games. When we were on, we were doing really well. I'll be looking into that chipotle sponsership :bee:. Nice job in singles, I hope your sets vs Deepak and Zeus got recorded. I would have watched them but I got so distracted playing friendlies with all the people I haven't had a chance to play with in so long.

Disciple: Thanks for teaming with me in Brawl. I gave it my best shot!! Wish I would have done better. Though I think I was starting to improve and your advice was really helping. Nice work in melee, I thought you and Zeus had the GF in that 2nd set after you pulled off game 2.

Chexr: You're too good at Melee. Honestly wtf. Let me know if you or Aaron ever want a noob to beat up on and I'll stop by and provide my services.

Zeus: I learned a lot watching you play teams today. You have such good game sense. I am looking forward to the next time we play each other, it's always fun playing against you.

Deepak: If I were to give anyone free food, it would be you. It just seems right.

TripleR: Absolutely outstanding performance in melee teams. I hope all the hype from the commentary wasn't distracting. It didn't seem to be because you were owning. Fun sets in brawl and fun times in melee friendlies at the end. I think that's one of the first times I've played anything besides your kirby in melee. Marth Dair, too good!

Ocho: Thanks for showing me that platform shield/aerial trick, you made me realize how useful it was by using it on me a bunch in our friendlies. Thanks again for hosting a great event! And thanks for letting me use the power strip.

VI MHFLUX IV: wtf I don't think we played at all. :( Hang out soon. Nice job commentating!

Abbie: Awesome sketches! Thanks for commentating too. ...is that the one about the demon baby??

Velinxs: Only got to play a few, but they were fun. It was great seeing you again, hope to see you again soon!

Austin: Thanks for the tip for fighting Kirby

JayJay: I might have to steal some of the dtilt stuff you were doing with falco, those were pretty boss.

Nappy: Thanks for trolling the **** out of me with every character in brawl. You're really good at that game. Idk how you lost.

Amanze: Always a pleasure to hang out with you, thanks for the brawl friendlies and melee Samus advice.

Moe: You have cool glasses, sir.

Marinator: So glad you made it, it was fun playing with you. Hope to see you around at upcoming events!

Wake: Holy crap you got really good. Super intense tourny set, and fun friendlies!!

Teflon_Climbers: I'll probably be giving you a call sometime this week to come over and play some LoL :)

Everyone: Thanks for being smashers, I really enjoy our community, and it's people like YOU that make it that way.

Triple R

Smash Lord
melee singles
1: Chexr – I don’t think I watched a single match of yours. Hopefully finals got recorded.
2: Zeus – Good job getting second. Always get those good placing.
3: Tempest – You getting 3rd doesn’t really surprise me, but I never know if you are Deepak will place higher.
4: Deepak – Good job on 4th.
5: Sparrow – Nice play in our set. I just go back to BF when I lose because I have to learn that matchup on that stage since that’s where it usually goes when I strike with people. You played really patient.
5: Disciple – I thought I was going to win after that first match, but then I failed the next 2 matches and you brought it back. Nice job.
7: Maronator – Did play you but you were looking good.
7: TripleR – Keep that Kirby fresh.
9: Wake – Didn’t see your matches.
9: Max – Didn’t see your matches either.
9: FluxGoesHard – Same… Good commentary though on the videos lol.
9: Jim! – I was honestly nervous to play you. I personally struggle against Peaches. I find it a very difficult matchup for Kirby. You could’ve won that set for sure. Luckily I always have tricks up my sleeves for several counter picks. Maybe next time we can Kirby ditto if you’re feeling up to it lol.
13: Ocho – You should be doing better than this. You train with Uber Kirby Guru!
13: PD - Didn’t know if you were going to beat Jim or not, but I felt prepared just in case we played.
17: Seed – Prodigy child!
17: Sin242 – If you are good at Brawl you can good at Melee.
17: Teflon – I heard you are quitting…

melee doubles:
1: ChexRRR – You are way too good of a teammate Chexr. It’s really easy to work with what you are doing. Even if the matches were close, I always felt like we had the upper hand.
2: Zues & Disciple – You guys put up a fun fight in GF. You guys made a good team.
3: Chipotle for Breakfast (tempest heath) – After losing to you in winners, we came back prepared in loser finals. I just realized both your and Zues and D’s team were basically fox/falco lol.
7: No Drugs (teflon abby) – Fun games. I didn’t know what to expect lol.

brawl singles:
1: MN Moe – Good job getting 1st
2: Sin242 – Fun matches. Are you sure you main IC’s? Good job getting 2nd.
3: D. Disciple – Nice 3rd place, but didn’t get to play you.
4: Nappy – Our set was kinda dumb, especially that second match. We couldn’t seem to function under the pressure last stock.
5: Breezy – You should beat Nappy’s scrub Diddy.
7: colin – Did good for your age lol
7: near – You didn’t get to time me out this time…
9: xeelt – I think you have the potential to get better. You seem to know what you are doing.
9: Sparrow – Surprised you entered, but I hope you had fun.
9: Triple R – Such a scrub.
9: wake – Who did you even play against?
13: Seed – The other prodigy child. You and that colin kid should team in brawl. If you start getting that synergy going now, when you both are finally 18 or something you’ll be unstoppable in teams.

brawl doubles:
1: sin and amanze – You guys did better than I thought you would. I always thought Pit made a good annoying teammate.
2: just bought a chicken... AND IT COST THIRTEHHHHHHH – Really surprised you guys lost.
3: kirbstomp – I never feel like our cooperation is what it could be. I’m never really sure what you’re trying to do or how I should help out. I feel like you’re trying to do singles stuff in doubles, and it doesn’t work too well. Either way we got 3rd though. Thanks for teaming with me when Yoshq couldn’t come last minute. Life saver.

This tourney was a blast. Only downside was that for reason it was freezing which it usually isn’t… Always looking forward to the next one!

P.S. I found a 2GB SD card on the floor as I was helping Ocho clean the venue up after most people left. If you are missing one, I have it.

Wake

Smash Master
I like your signature RRR, and to answer your question, I played Disciple and then Near. I got a bye though so I didn't get in last! hahaha

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
Ocho, you told me I got 7th not 9th. -_-

Deepak- Thanks for teaming with me. Hopefully we can team again in the near future and place really well. Thanks for letting me stay at your house for the weekend as well. I hope you enjoy your new home.

Tempest- Katy Pary is the best team in MN.

Nappy- You're a jerk. <3

Maronator- Nice Peach. I'm glad you were very happy with our Fox ditto on cruise.

Wake- We didn't play AGAIN.

Zeus- I was rooting for you, brah. Just gotta do some more cooking dancing before your games.

Disciple- You were doing really well at this tournament, but I should have expected that from the Pikachu who took A STOCK off of OverTriforce TWICE.

BattleAxe- Keep reppin' Roy, bro.

Jay- I'm glad we got to play again after 1 year of not playing each other. You definitely improved.

TD- Good Falcon! You definitely improved from what I've seen and had me a little scared. Definitely my favorite set.

Flux- I hope you haven't completely dropped Fox from tournament use. It's still my favorite of the characters you play.

Teflon- I hope you keep up the tobacco quitting.

RRR- Thanks for the poptart! Always love chatting with you at tournaments.

Chexr- I wish I got to play you. Can't wait to chill with you for like the whole weekend with a bunch of people.

Breezy- Your Snake has NOTHIN' on this Falco.

Collin- You BEAST!

Kai- Love you, bro.

James Sparrow- Gotta play again soon.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
Ocho, you told me I got 7th not 9th. -_-
im not sure if whoever remade the bracket did it right.. cuz didn't you say you beat 3 people in losers? but the bracket someone made has your record being:

beat battleaxe
lost to flux
beat jay
beat TD
lost to Maronator

edit: wow, whoever remade the bracket put me as beating teflon which i didn't. So i actually got 17th and teflon got 13th.

and for the record im not the person who remade the bracket after nappy's mishap. I only determined the bracket for who was left in the tourney then gave up on trying to get the rest of it.

and it was good to see a bunch of new faces at this tourney too. good job people.

we were missing jordans crew of four and hungs crew of four as well as aaron, sdc, and some others im forgetting so we could probably get 40+ people to enter melee potentially, just from MN

Top Bottom