• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad I got to finally meet/play you DZLE! I really wanted to play your Dedede, but Melee is freaking awesome so its all good.

And Fate, the weeklong party is a deal, sounds like just the break I will need to get good at smash again after I lose all my skill. xD

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Sounds like it was a great tourney! :]] It sucks I missed out on this one, but oh well, my date was a blast. Also I'm gonna miss you jelly, I'll try and show up to your farewell tomorrow ok? :chuckle:

On a side note, Yaz won this tournament for me. :)

DZLE

Smash Master
I'm glad I got to finally meet/play you DZLE! I really wanted to play your Dedede, but Melee is freaking awesome so its all good.

And Fate, the weeklong party is a deal, sounds like just the break I will need to get good at smash again after I lose all my skill. xD
Likewise Jelly, good luck out there man, Im rootin for you ^^

Staz

Smash Lord
lol sorry i wasn't at the tourney, i got caught up in my brothers batism, and we had to go eat and alot of stuff that took hours, i really wish i could of came though, it sounded fun

but anways we will have to hold this MM's till the next MA if everyone on my list is coming

Staz's Five Dollar MM's
1.Kenny chump
2.Rade
3.DZLE(ILY)

1 dollar MM's
1.waff
2.spudz

and no spudz im not scared :D haha

___X___

Smash Lord
you homo's are lucky i didn't come, i would have ***** you all with my sonic! and yeah im talking to you SkyGAY!

kevinmarathon

Smash Rookie
yeah, i had to leave early,had to go to work, so i didnt get to play singles,hopefully i can come one of this next tournaments, or the mini tournaments

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Ugh, getting kicked out of the tourney by Lanky and Wangston early sucked... GG though.
Guess I can't rep Pikachu this tourney. My Pikachu did get better though.
This tourney was a lot of fun, but it was very crowded. Very, very, crowded for my tastes...

Well, it's that time again. I'll put up the results so we can submit them to Ankoku's list.

1: Yaz (Meta Knight)
2: Dai-a (Snake and Falco)
3: Kenny (Snake)
4: Rade (Fox and Yoshi)
5: Lanky (Snake and Diddy)
5: Wangston (Falco)
7: Spudz (Snake)
7: CorruptFate (Pit and ROB)

Alright, I tried watching a bunch of matches to see who played who. Make any corrections if needed since I'm not sure if every character listed here were used in important matches or were random.

EDIT: Wow... We got 4 Snakes in the top 8. Better than 4 MKs I suppose.:laugh:

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I also used Bowser for one or two of my winning matches.

The tourney was fun. I can't believe how good we did, especially since a ton of us were working on a few hours sleep.

Thanks Kenny and Wangston for letting me practice and party with you guys the night before, and letting me borrow a controller. DZLE, good team work. We'll be on the power rankings in no time!

DZLE

Smash Master
I also used Bowser for one or two of my winning matches.

The tourney was fun. I can't believe how good we did, especially since a ton of us were working on a few hours sleep.

Thanks Kenny and Wangston for letting me practice and party with you guys the night before, and letting me borrow a controller. DZLE, good team work. We'll be on the power rankings in no time!
for sure Lanky, For sure!

-Final-

Aria♪
Haha this tourney was way fun! It was a good last tourney. I will sure miss playing you guys! I may have lost to you Yaz, but I will never forget that I 3 stocked you. xD

Anyway, anyone that is interested in coming to my farewell tomorrow, feel free. It is at 11 AM at this address

Fort Canyon Building
950 N Main Street
Alpine, UT

I'd love to see anyone that could come, and this is probably my last post. ILY Utah! I will miss you all!
And I see the post 4 hours later... >_> I never even knew you were leaving.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Dont you love how X thinks he is funny?

Anyway how many times would I have to use a character to also have them put down. Because I used WeeGee a couple times. But yah Snake definitely was my main.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If a character was integral/necessary in winning a set for you, then it should be counted. You chose Ganondorf because you main him, apparently - and switch to Kirby/G&W against top8 matchups in a fashion similar to treating them as secondaries. I would count Ganondorf in that case.

At a certain point of your skill it won't matter if you needed a certain character to win or not, of course - that is, going through an entire tournament as Lucas just because you were that good compared to everyone else, I'd count it as Lucas because you didn't use anyone else anyway.

That's what criteria you should be using. Put the character down if it was necessary for you to win with them.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I always just base it upon if I won a couple matches/sets with them, or how many times I used them. Like, I won more with Bowser than Diddy, but I used Diddy more, but I used Snake the majority (cept for teams, Snake and Diddy were half and half).

If you won a set or two with Luigi, then I think it'd be fair to put him down, as he was intergral with that particular set, like what Ankoku was saying.

That's why I added Bowser. I didn't use him too much, but I used him to win a set. I mean, if I used Diddy less, I would consider just dropping him, since I didn't win as much with him as Bowser. But I did, and I still did decent enough to keep him up.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I barely lost both the times I used Luigi so Ill keep him off of for now. Ill practice with him a bit more and use him more next tourney. Weegee Wuv. <3

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ankoku's post means that if you had to use that character to go on in the tourney. So, for example, if I went samus my first round, but I could have won with anyone, I would not count samus. Samus did nothing my main could not have.

But say for instance, someone counterpicks a stage that is a guaranteed loss for my main, then I counterpick samus to win and advance in the tourney. Then I would count samus in this case.

I used samus in like six matches during the tourney, but she did nothing for me I couldn't have done without her, so I don't count her.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
I like Yoshi. ;__;

And Kenny I used Jiggz against Final because he chose Rainbow Cruise, and I would have been screwed with all my other characters. So I would count Jiggz even though I only used her once?

Sorry this top 8 thing is new to me.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ankoku said it's ultimately up to you, so you decide who you should count. I just explained that because that is what Ankoku is expecting people to take into account when they put their characters.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
...no one likes yoshi, cept me :D

...says the guy that ditched Yoshi for Fox on the Power Rankings image.
:p

Gotcha. Then I guess put me down for Jiggz as well Minato. :]
Really? Given the circumstances, I wouldn't. Did you win with Jigglypuff? And if you would have went with Snake instead, would you not have won in a hundred years of trying (figure of speech, so no one should take this literally)?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Rainbow Cruise is horrible for my Snake so I would have had lots of trouble. And yes I did win with Jiggz. If you dont think its a good idea then never mind, I just wanted to see Jigglypuff move up. ^.^

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Ankoku's post means that if you had to use that character to go on in the tourney. So, for example, if I went samus my first round, but I could have won with anyone, I would not count samus. Samus did nothing my main could not have.

But say for instance, someone counterpicks a stage that is a guaranteed loss for my main, then I counterpick samus to win and advance in the tourney. Then I would count samus in this case.

I used samus in like six matches during the tourney, but she did nothing for me I couldn't have done without her, so I don't count her.
I would still put down Samus then. I mean, even though you didn't win with her, you still did use her quite a bit, and I always thought that's what it was about, showing who used who in a tourney.

Lanky, do you want me to put all three down?
Actually, I just remembered the only time I used Bowser was when I faced one of the new guys. I did it after I 3-stocked him with Snake. I think I just used Bowser cause I knew I could win with anyone. So, better leave it as Diddy and Snake.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
It doesn't really matter how much I used her, because using her didn't help me advance in the tourney. Snake was the reason I got 3rd, not samus.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
Cmon PC i can still like yoshi, i just use fox more now. It's just like you and sonic :D

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Man... I was looking at the posty thing that Minato submits stuff to... and what? Like no Samus!!!! For shame! Looks like im going to have to bring out my samus more often :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom