• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah__Tourney of Fate 11 Canceled (check op for link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Ryu

Smash Ace
Your joking right? C!Z was the reason I got back into melee! I love getting owned because it just makes me try that much harder to get better. Also, C!Z doesn't even try against people who suck, he sandbags to the max.

wangston

Smash Lord
I always do bad at tof. I didn't get me 5th, Corneria's lasers got me 5th lol twice.

And because we are equal we should totally $10 mm and if you beat me I will totally forfeit my power ranking ;)

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Your joking right? C!Z was the reason I got back into melee! I love getting owned because it just makes me try that much harder to get better. Also, C!Z doesn't even try against people who suck, he sandbags to the max.
The first tourney I went to, sometime before Brawl came out, he four-stocked me. Everyone around me laughed, and it was then that I realized it was too late, and Melee wasn't any fun anymore...

I always do bad at tof. I didn't get me 5th, Corneria's lasers got me 5th lol twice.

And because we are equal we should totally $10 mm and if you beat me I will totally forfeit my power ranking ;)
Heh, I understand Mista Johns.

But man, maybe not that much. I'm poor. Maybe $1? Plus, I gotta respect Mista Johns and his 9-hit G&W against Chris' Sonic. And you don't have to be so severe (I know it's a joke, but still). Maybe next time we meet, we can do an MM. I'm confident enough with my ability that I may start doing these things!

harpuia190

Smash Ace

cant you at least pretend i did something :p

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
But you didn't >_>

And Marco, you're an unusual case. Most people hate getting worked at the beginning. It destroys their desire to get better if they get completely ***** without even knowing what ***** them.

vazor

Smash Apprentice
I'll play in the one handed tourney. :laugh:

My first friendly was against Minato and I got completely owned. I think it's okay to own people, but don't laugh at them, be mean to them, or give them nothing but meaningless defeats. I've seen it in the scene here with my own eyes before: someone driven away because they were a little self-conscious and were perceived as never able to get better. If you really want to know what I think, in my opinion the main reason there aren't more smashers is because smash players (and many other dedicated competitive gamers) are, from a certain point of view, jerks. We take what we want, when we want it, and we're not about to give anyone anything that we don't have to give them to save face or for a good reason. That's not really a bad thing, but yeah, some people call this being a jerk. Others, probably most of us here, call it standing up for yourself. On the other hand, I don't know how much I could stand someone who wasn't dedicated enough to take that and still come. Sure we only have the best of the best, but the flip side is we don't get as much money. Can anyone here honestly say that they are in it for the money, though? When I decided I wanted to get good, I had already been to a few tournaments. From that, I knew I'd have to deal with everyone being a "jerk" and so I dedicated myself to being more of a jerk too. Maybe I'm just a sucker or a glutton for punishment but I think I am improving slowly. Of course, it helps that I love the game. There are also some really nice people in the scene that make it more enjoyable/fun than it would be otherwise. Like how Minato encouraged me and told me what was good about my game early on; thankfully he was nice enough and I was determined enough that I stuck around.

C!Z pwned me a lot, but he always told me something I could work on while he did it. So, that was a big help. If nothing else, we can at least do that. I am guilty of giving the cold shoulder too, so I will personally make an attempt to always try to help someone that I 4/3 stock.

Yeesh- that turned into more of a rant than I intended. See if you can spot the grammar error in there. (No, it's not the misspelling of 'owned' heh.)

(hint: http://ninxmz.org/images/demotivators/mind games.jpg - sry for the language but this made me think of you guys XD)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Can anyone here honestly say that they are in it for the money, though?

I don't know, but Yaz's attitude makes him seem like he truely meant it when he said that he's only in it for the money.

Maybe I'm just a sucker or a glutton for punishment...

So you're a masochist? (Only joking...)

See if you can spot the grammar error in there. (No, it's not the misspelling of 'owned' heh.)
I would, but it's late. (And there's the chance that it's a wild-goose chase if I try.)

(hint: http://ninxmz.org/images/demotivators/mind games.jpg - sry for the language but this made me think of you guys XD)
I don't see it. Is it supposed to mean that the challenge was indeed a wild-goose chase?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I hate pictures like that. Unless someone points it out to me, like...circle the area and explain in detail what I'm supposed to be seeing, I'll never find it...

Anyway, not coming tonight. I got work right at 5. I'll see if I can get out early and hang with you guys, but last week I managed to, but no one was there, so I don't know what I'll do when I get off work. But you guys are more than welcome to bug me for food. I'll happily make it for you guys.

vazor

Smash Apprentice

I would, but it's late. (And there's the chance that it's a wild-goose chase if I try.)

I don't see it. Is it supposed to mean that the challenge was indeed a wild-goose chase?

Heh PC is too good. ;)

Lanky I sometimes show up at 4:30 ish so we might be able to do a friendly or two.

DZLE

Smash Master
I dont think i will be able to come and watch, today. If it was tomorrow probably.
cause i have to change bandages soon and this thing hurts like a *****.
Im serious though if you guys are around before/after the tourney, come visit me. i look and probably smell like ish, but i miss you guys >.>

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Epic mindgame, Wangston.

Just so everyone knows, I posted the results already on Ankoku's thread.

Sexy Yaz

Smash Apprentice

I don't know, but Yaz's attitude makes him seem like he truely meant it when he said that he's only in it for the money.
I'm sorry if that's the way it's come off... even though I can see where you're coming from. But smash does not pay enough to be gone all day only for the money hahaha. I love the social aspect. I love meeting new people, talking smack, ****** Marco, and even playing the game. If it was only for the money, I would have quit forever ago.

Good Ole PC ;)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I just put up ToF 7 on AiB, if anyone wants to sign up there. Also I know many people didn't claim any badges from ToF 6, if you care go take do that. I am putting linkes to AiB's ToF next to the results section of the OP, so you can find them.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
How pathetic of a mind game... I haven't even clicked on it yet, but I know that something will "jump out" to surprise you after a while, since it's a .gif image (the fact that you said to "get really close to the computer screen" just seals the deal).

DZLE

Smash Master
This may be off topic, but i **** bricks.
I should have read these pages like a japanese book, right to left, then i woulda seen it comin...

Waffle Can

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...
Whats the same about a brick and a fat chick? Har har har...

Have Rade or Wangston fill you in on that one :p

Silly gifs... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom