• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah's Ultimate Showdown Of Ultimate Destiny 2

laozy

Smash Journeyman
yea those were the only days available on january. i might be able to get a weekend if we decide to wait until febuary. or we can get a smaller room, it's up to YOU.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
A weekend would be much better than the middle of the week, and giving OOS smashers another month to plan their trip here would be nice too. January is only a month away now.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yeah...I've been in the Saltair room numerous times for Yu-Gi-Oh! Regionals competitions. It's a great place for big events. The last time I asked the guy that rented the place for the regionals, he said it was in the $200 mark (I forgot how much exactly) for Saturday. I'm not positive on the prices now, though, so it's better if someone can check.
And Zack, are you planning a two-day or three-day tournament? And if it's a two-day one, then is it Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday? If you can decide on this now, then it'll help other people help you find a place.

The more information the better. I write the schedule for my work a month in advance and after that it is non-flexible. a Saturday Sunday tournament is ideal (at least for us four). I imagine this might be the same with many others due to work/school. Regardless, look for us to attend, much improved.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't think I'll be able to attend this tournament. My life is becoming far too busy. My budget is also becoming far too strict to invest in such a large tournament. Sorry, guys. :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Heck, once 2007 hits, I'll be more of a husband than the pro player Husband. Huzzah! :laugh:

laozy

Smash Journeyman
new times for big a$$
March 31 & April 1
sat: 10am-12am
sun10:30-9pm
yea this is the only days available if we want a weekend reserve.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Wait pc plays Yu-Gi-oh!? I run a counter fairy deck what do you run!(do not say monarchs)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
new times for big a$$
March 31 & April 1
Aww man. April!? What are we going to do until April? We have to revise the "last UST before Big --- U$T" part of USTX if we're going to wait until April.

lengeta

Smash Ace
If that's the date we want, lets set it in stone so it doesn't get delayed any longer than needs be. With that big 'a wait, we can advertise the fisk out of it, get ID, CO, AZ, and everyone else comming, maybe pull in a couple bigger names (Hugz was SO awesome), etc etc. No reason this shouldn't rock the worlds socks off if it's four months away.

Takalth

Smash Ace
April 1...That would be a Sunday-Only tournament. If it's a 1-day, we want March 31.

1 day or 2 days, though, if we want to do the tournament there, we should get it reserved within the next week or it will be taken from us, and we'll either be finding a new location or putting it off until July.

gnosis

Smash Lord
If the May/Summer rumors for Brawl's release turn out to be true, a big early April tournament like this would be a nice send-off for Melee.

Although that is a long time away... =/.

Gojira

Smash Lord
hmm, i couldnt make it to the last one. This one is looking promising for me though. I need a tourny to go to before Brawl.

MM's anyone? ^_^
I want all of AZ to come, once we poin a location we will let you know.

also

Ill do a MM despite im throwing alot of money into this tourney.

Who is it you use again?

ChaosTheory

Smash Ace
Yo Tim...if you go to this would it be possible for me to go with you, that is if you are driving it. If so I could talk to my sponser guy and see if he would pay for half the gas ^_^.

Gojira

Smash Lord
im looking to get taj HB CT demised forward enix...basically, everyone in AZ to come. I am going to be paying for some of all of your guys's gas to help you come so its not so pricey for you. PLus you guys have promised housing for free.

mel

Smash Rookie
hey, this is demised's girlfriend (hi!!)

i was wonderinfg if it'd be ok if i came along with him.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
If you guys did it on April 1st I wouldn't go no matter what.

Takalth

Smash Ace
What is wrong with April 1st?
It's a Sunday. Being Mormon (if I remember correctly, Sinz is as well) we believe Sunday to be the Lord's day, where the day's emphasis is on spiritual things. Everybody's idea of exactly what is OK on Sunday is different, but devoting the entire day to a smash tournament (which would also involve missing church) is something that a lot of us would avoid. I didn't bring it up simply because I still don't expect to go to this tournament, but if I changed my mind, I would spend little to no time there on Sunday.

FoxTheStampede

Smash Ace
Laozy said:
new times for big a$$
March 31 & April 1
It will be a 2-day tournament. Saturday will be the main day of course.

Top Bottom