• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Utah's Ultimate Showdown Of Ultimate Destiny 2

gnosis

Smash Lord
To be fair, Saturday is supposed to be the holy day.
Saturday is generally called 'the sabbath', recognized by some denominations of Christianity and Judaism, whereas Sunday is generally called 'the Lord's Day' (actually it's rarely called that, but that's its 'name', I s'pose), recognized by most denominations of Christianity as a holy day to varying extents (whether that be going to church or an all-day devotion-type thing).

The more you know!

lengeta

Smash Ace
Ohnos! Don't piss of the Mormons in their own state!!

And Mel, why on God's green Earth would that not be ok?

mel

Smash Rookie
Ohnos! Don't piss of the Mormons in their own state!!

And Mel, why on God's green Earth would that not be ok?

erm, i dunno.

^_^ i just thought it would be polite to ask, i guess.

especially since im no where near as good as tim, or ... really anyone who's going to be there.... i say someone brings ddr. :D if you can supply tv he PS2, i can supply two crappy mats that ACTUALLY work pretty well, as well as ddr max 2, extreme, and extreme 2.

eh? eh? any takers?

and im sure the lord will forgive all the non-athiests if they decide to take a day off from the lords day and better themselves mentally by enjoying some video games and socialization.

::nod::

Takalth

Smash Ace
Actually, unless I've misjudged, the Utah smash group doesn't have nearly as high a percent of Mormons as the state in general, and the idea behind this tournament is getting lots of OOS smashers, so I don't think having the minor part on Sunday will cost more than a few people.

Now, on a couple other issues, I think the only chance of DDR showing up is if the DDR person provided the TV's. All of the rest are going to have Smash running.

Finally, mel's question was actually a good one, since Gojira is planning on charging $25 for spectator badges. Honestly, I seriously doubt anybody will pay that much just to watch, but unless he wants to make an exception, under the current rules, it would cost a chunk of extra cash for mel to come.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I wouldn't come if it was on a Sunday... but then again, I wouldn't come because it's 25 bucks just to watch.

But that's just me. When you know you suck, you aren't really ready to drop 50 to be in the competition. ^_^'

mel

Smash Rookie
Actually, unless I've misjudged, the Utah smash group doesn't have nearly as high a percent of Mormons as the state in general, and the idea behind this tournament is getting lots of OOS smashers, so I don't think having the minor part on Sunday will cost more than a few people.

Now, on a couple other issues, I think the only chance of DDR showing up is if the DDR person provided the TV's. All of the rest are going to have Smash running.

Finally, mel's question was actually a good one, since Gojira is planning on charging $25 for spectator badges. Honestly, I seriously doubt anybody will pay that much just to watch, but unless he wants to make an exception, under the current rules, it would cost a chunk of extra cash for mel to come.
;-;!!! that is twenty-five bucks mel simply does not have!

and i can talk to tim and see if his parents would be ok with brining his tv, as mine is both teeny-tiny and m.i.a.

i would pay five, maybe (maybe) ten bucks, but that much money is a little killer when your personal balance is running at something like -2300 bucks. U_U With no job. (thought I got one yesterday!! w00t w00t!)

Could I possibly get a special "DDR Badge" with a little shiny silver star sticker on it to denote that i get in free for bringing ddr? :D That would make my day ^___^

lengeta

Smash Ace
I personally don't like the idea of spectators paying either (I thought it was $15 too...), that means none of my crew will come. But the hosts are going through and extrodinary effort to put this thing together and provide you with two days of entertainment, especally with nabbing bigger and OOS Smashers; the spectator fee is sort of an enterance fee, and your donation to the cause. As far as entertainment goes, that's not too shabby a ticket price for a two day event, especially assuming it's going to turn out as awesome as we're planning. And that fee does entitle you to some free play with pros, don't you think you should show the hosts your gratitude by handing them just a little green to help all these people get here?

I also think it would be nice to have a couple other things to do besides Smash, just to take a break for awhile; two days of nothing BUT Smash would hurt. I'll see if my roomate will let me steal his PS2 and Guitar Hero.

mel

Smash Rookie
I personally don't like the idea of spectators paying either (I thought it was $15 too...), that means none of my crew will come. But the hosts are going through and extrodinary effort to put this thing together and provide you with two days of entertainment, especally with nabbing bigger and OOS Smashers; the spectator fee is sort of an enterance fee, and your donation to the cause. As far as entertainment goes, that's not too shabby a ticket price for a two day event, especially assuming it's going to turn out as awesome as we're planning. And that fee does entitle you to some free play with pros, don't you think you should show the hosts your gratitude by handing them just a little green to help all these people get here?

I also think it would be nice to have a couple other things to do besides Smash, just to take a break for awhile; two days of nothing BUT Smash would hurt. I'll see if my roomate will let me steal his PS2 and Guitar Hero.
guitar hero!!

and just a note on what you said, as i know (at least i think i know!) you're not solely talking to me, i AM an OOS, and i'm pretty sure that if i dont go, demised isn't going. ::shrugs:: and i really really want to go, as i've never been to one. i'd understand if i was eating his food, but i'll be getting my own food more than likely, and supplying my own pillow and blankie (^_^).

though i completely understand what you're coming from, i really really really don't even have the money to, or else i would love to help out and put some more money in the pot for first place, because i do think that it's really cool that this guy's putting together this big tourny for everyone. mucho props, dude. :D

Gojira

Smash Lord
DDr, Guitar Hero, anything like that=ban

With the amount of people expected to come, and the limit being 10 Tv's minimum. NO T.V's will be aloud for other games then smash.

Also, hosts step up. If you have hosted a utah tourney before or think you capable of running or help run a tourney, send a PM to me immidiatley.

Finally, Ticket prices for spectators MAY be lowered, and again you may not pay the pros with just spectator badges. you can play friendlies with utah players and thats it.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
What if the pros are like: "I MUST PLAY THIS NOOB"

I can't deny it if the pros want to challenge me. I don't see why they wouldn't either. I'm just amazing like that.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Come on Gojira. Set a definite date already so we can find out for sure who can come and who can't. That way it'll be much easier to make other such adjustments like lowering spectator prices etc. The sooner the date is concrete, the easier it will be for everyone to make plans.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Isn't it called the "A Ray Olpin Student Union"? Anyway...that's not important.
What room is Room 225? Is that the Saltair Room?
Oh it's on the U of U campus? Sweet, free parking.

Anyways I can bring my TV & Cube if needed granted there's room.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So I got bored, and stuff... and so I was like: "I'll make a logo for the smashboards Big@$$UsT".

But due to the name controversy, I didn't know what text I could add... so sadly, all I could come up with was THIS nasty frankenstein peice of art:

Good concept, bad doing.

lengeta

Smash Ace
I think Gojira's just scared to play Guitar Hero because he'll lose. (kidding) If it's at UofU, I have a couple really good friends near by, so taking breaks will be no problem at all for me!

mel

Smash Rookie
I think Gojira's just scared to play Guitar Hero because he'll lose. (kidding) If it's at UofU, I have a couple really good friends near by, so taking breaks will be no problem at all for me!

oooooh bring me bring me! we should also go play ddr! :D

South_Paw

Smash Ace
hey, i was wondering where tim disappeared to since he doesn't talk to me, lol...

ohhhsnap i might be able to come to this... ill see what i can do... time for payback buzz! lol

but yeah, hopefully i can go an bring a bunch of peeps with me again. lata all...

mel

Smash Rookie
hey, i was wondering where tim disappeared to since he doesn't talk to me, lol...
a-heh heh. ^^ sorry?

also, tim (sitting right next to me) says:

give me a call, coty. i need you in the butt. j k. sandwiches are really good. so are pancakes. mel is writing everything i say, no matter what i say. what's goin' on, racheal? haha, how is your sandwich?

rachel (with bacon and egg sandwich): bomb.

tim (sitting right next to me): haha, bomb. ... ... ... hmmhmm, until say something, you're just going to put dots? please stop typing everything i write.

mel (typist extrodinaire): ok.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
lol, okay, i'll call him sometime, but it wouldn't hurt to answer your messages punk! ah, w/e, ill call you but you betta answer your phone! no johns!

laozy

Smash Journeyman
hey i can help with housing.
my sister is moving soon, so we have a free room. i can house 10-15 people max.
you must be: CLEAN/RESPECTFUL/and QUIET
DRUGS ARE OK AS LONG AS YOU SHARE.....j/k
SHOWERS ARE OFF LIMITS, TOLET IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU FLUSH
more details to come...pm me or else you can sleep with me :laugh:

ps: i can help host/ and I'm KING of DDR

Jeyt

Smash Apprentice
I'll see what I can do about donating gas, entry, food, etc money. Nothing official yet. Serving is such a hit and miss job for money.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
O.O It looks like the name got changed to Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny 2, afterall...heh, I was sort of joking, but it turned out that way anyway...
So are you going to have posters ready to be passed out during the December 16th tourny so we can start advertising? The next tourny will be the perfect time to discuss the advertising plan, so hopefully, more info will be revealed.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
O.O It looks like the name to changed to Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny 2, afterall...heh, I was sort of joking, but it turned out that way anyway...
So are you going to have posters ready to be passed out during the December 16th tourny so we can start advertising? The next tourny will be the perfect time to discuss the advertising plan, so hopefully, more info will be revealed.
The name will be better in the long run. :)

lengeta

Smash Ace
I don't know, I think your existence within the tourament will cease to be; I am just going by the definition of your name though...

South_Paw

Smash Ace
Sorry Tim, I'm probably coming to this... and unless it conflicts with a future mlg, i'll have to take that possibility of winning from you...

And husband is lucky you don't really know what gay means... it's more than just up throw rest, lol. : P

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
hey i can help with housing.
my sister is moving soon, so we have a free room. i can house 10-15 people max.
you must be: CLEAN/RESPECTFUL/and QUIET
DRUGS ARE OK AS LONG AS YOU SHARE.....j/k
SHOWERS ARE OFF LIMITS, TOLET IS OKAY AS LONG AS YOU FLUSH
more details to come...pm me or else you can sleep with me :laugh:

ps: i can help host/ and I'm KING of DDR
The last thing that we need is a room full of unshowered smashers. o_o"

And about the name change... "The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny 2"... that's hella long.

Can't it be just... "The Showdown"? Or maybe add Ultimate in the middle? Or maybe we could completely rename it to "Utah National Tourny" or something... not only is the name 14 sylables, but it's cheezy and amature sounding.

Edit: Oh wait, I forgot I wasn't going. >>

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Actually, I have seen it. >< I just completely forgot about it.

But yeah-- I'm new to the Utah scene, so I wouldn't know about the first time... and it's only the second one... so nostalgia should be kicking in quite yet.

And the only reason I spam in the Utah topics is because I'm just pissed off that I live 4 hours away from all y'all. It's too expensive and long to go to tournies... and there's no one that lives down here. *rips eyes out*

My friend and I though-- we're going to put up fliers and challenge people to MM's and become rich. And if we find someone better than us, hallelujia.

lengeta

Smash Ace
Yeah, I was down in Ceder for awhile back in the day too, it seems like it's out in the middle of nowhere to me. You are right next to Arizona though, and they've got some players with the maddskillz down there.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I'm working hard on the web site for this tournament. :)

Demised

Smash Ace
Actually, I have seen it. >< I just completely forgot about it.

But yeah-- I'm new to the Utah scene, so I wouldn't know about the first time... and it's only the second one... so nostalgia should be kicking in quite yet.

And the only reason I spam in the Utah topics is because I'm just pissed off that I live 4 hours away from all y'all. It's too expensive and long to go to tournies... and there's no one that lives down here. *rips eyes out*

My friend and I though-- we're going to put up fliers and challenge people to MM's and become rich. And if we find someone better than us, hallelujia.

Were about 10 hours=p. But if u are down for smashing sometime, were always down. We got a good group of guys down here. =)

ps to southpaw. im still winning, even if u go. pfft..eeassyyyyy

Top Bottom