• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vaati for SSBB?*Moveset added*

D

Deleted member

Maybe that's why it was translated like that. Would the Japanese object to another swordsman :(?

Thunderbolt

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see Vaati in Brawl. He deserves a spot in the game. Hes a good villain. Him in Brawl would make way more sense than Diddy and Dixie Kong, Ridley, and other stupid characters like the ones if mentioned.

Maybe, like Sheik, he can transform into the Shadow Eye version of Vaati. That would be cool.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Whoa Whoa Whoa,......

Ridley Is not a stupid character. And I think Ridley is on par with Vaati's SSBB priority, if not greater.

Oh, and my sig now has links to my movelists, yay!

burrito

Smash Lord
I'd love to see Vaati in Brawl. He deserves a spot in the game. Hes a good villain. Him in Brawl would make way more sense than Diddy and Dixie Kong, Ridley, and other stupid characters like the ones if mentioned.
I'm going to go ahead and intensely disagree with you there. :)

Eaode

Smash Champion
No, they'd have to adjust Risley's style. No wait, they wouldn't need to adjust, because they haven't started yet, so they just have to make him fit.

They didn't have to adjust the game for the Ice climbers, did they?

burrito

Smash Lord
I like your moveset, but I feel it does not errr.. reach the full potential of what Vaati's moves could be.

burrito

Smash Lord
what do you mean by Vaati's full potential? The black eyeball thing? xD
Nevermind that, there are a couple things I would change about the moveset though. First, I would take his sword away, since he's not really a sword fighter (there's enough of them anyways). So, I guess that would change a bunch of moves. Also, his B up is boring, we've seen teleport before. He's a wind sorceror, wouldn't it make sense for him to ride on a gust of wind or something for his B up? It's interesting that you forgot his throws because he could have some interesting ones, being a wind sorceror.

Also, I had athought. Remember how Vaati turned Zelda to stone? Maybe that could be reflected in one of his moves. Probably as another energy blast that turns the opponent to stone if it hits.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Updated moveset

Attributes:

Speed: 3/5
Size: 3/5
Weight: 2.5/5
Traction: 2/5
Power: 4/5
Fall Speed (Gravity): 2/5

Moves:

A: Backhand punch: Vaati jerks his hists quickly to the right
A,A: Kick: Spins clockwise and kicks with his left foot. Ends facing the other direction if A is not pressed again.
A,A,A: After spinning, he lunges forward with a final punch
Dash A: Bends over, and thrusts wind out from his palms (like if you were doing a cartwarl). He then flips once and comes down with a double kick (See Yunsung's ^K From Soul Calibur 2)

>A: Bends his knees and punches with his right hand. If the opponent is out of range (But still close), they will be blown backward a small amount
vA: Stands on one bent leg and thrusts the other outward (has upward+outward knockback)
^A: Extends his arm upward, and anyone above him is blown upward further, preventing strikes from above.

Forward Smash: Vaati Bends his knee, taking a balancing stance. When released, he will thrust the bent leg down to the ground, spin on it, and strongly jerk his other leg outward (last part look's like C. Falcon's from SSB64)
Down Smash: Vaati crosses his arms and quickly jerks them toward the ground. Two balls of energy/air will appear near the ground (like Mewtwo's Dsmash, but on both sides) and knock away enemies.
Up Smash: Stands on one hand briefly and launches himself off the ground, kicking opponents above him, and then lands.

Nair: Spins quickly and does a sex kick. This works like Dr Mario's by that the longer it's out, the stronger it gets.
Fair: Swings his right arm diagonally and releases a small batch of burning embers outward a short distance.
Bair: Spins around counterclockwise, with Right leg extended, hitting opponents behind him and spinning back around.
Uair: Releases a small gust beneath him and rises a (Very) small distance while performing an uppercut.
Dair: Bends his arms and legs in, and then stretches them out (like Ness), If an opponent is out of range (but still close) it will blow the slightly downward. If It connects directly, it is a meteor smash.

Specials:

Neutral B: Energy blast: Vaati will hold his Right hand at shoulder height, clawing his fingers. A small energy ball will begin to appear in his hand. Max charge time is equal t Samus's charge shot, but you can stop anytime. When you are done charging, he will carry it in his right hand. You can also fire it upward or downward, delivering some special effects. When Fired, it will be one of three blasts.....
Air: More common then the other two, this blast will quickly fly in a straight path until it hits something, delivering mid-high knockback and low damage. Fired up it will create a small vortex around him, sucking opponents in. When fired down, Vaati will blast himself upward, which can be used as an alternate recovery move.
Fire: Less common than air, this blast will start at a high speed, but slow down and fall as it flies through the air. When it hits the opponent, it will explode, delivering decent damage and knockback. When Fired up, Vaati will extend his arms and fire a fire beam upward (think plasma beam in Metroid Prime), when Fired down, Vaati will be engulfed in flames for a second.
Stone: This blast is rarer than the first two, but not the least common. When released, it will fly at a mid-slow speed until it its something. If it hits an enemy, it will turn them to stone for a short time, depending on their damage and button mashing. During this time they can't do ANYTHING. Hitting them with any attack that does over 10% damage will free them. Firing it upward will,.... well...... fire it upward. Firing downward however, will Turn Vaati into stone (like Kirby's downB), but cannot be cancelled out of and cannot be grabbed. You have to get ut like your enemies would. Stun time afterward is less as a tradeup. If it hits an Airbourne opponent, it will not turn them to stone, but just deliver knockback like the fire blast
Lightning: The least common of the three, this will fly in an eratic and unpredictable path until it makes contact with something. When it hits an opponent, it will shock them for a short time, and deliver high damage and knockback. When Fired up, it will create a small lightning strike (like Pikachu's, but a little weaker.) When fired down, Vaati will create a web of electircity around him (below him in the air)
You will be able to tell which blast it is when it is fully charged.

Forward B: Wind Shove: Vaati will bring his arms inward and shove them forward. This releases a powerful gust of wind, blowing away opponents. If an Airbourne opponent is hit by this, it will give them their Up-B back. If used in te air, it will push Vaati backward slightly.

Down B: Twister: Vaati will extend his hands upward, and call down a tornado from the sky. It will not pass through platforms. Once it reaches ground, Vaati will be able to control it to a certain degree. Tilting the control stick to the left or right will bend the twister slightly. When an opponent get's too close, it will suck them in and deliver damage like Young Link's Up-B. It will also suck in nearby items and swirl them around, throwing some out occaisionally. If opponents are in the twister with items flying around, they will do extra damage. The tornado will lastup to 5 seconds. When it ends, it will send out opponents in random directions.

Up B: Sonic Boom: Vaati will stop in the air for a moment, and bring in his arms. Then he will fling them backward and blow a powerful blast oif wind/sonicboom behind him. This will propel him upward at a high speed. Goes for a distance like the Firefox, but has limited maneuverability (curve a little in tilted direction) Those hit will be flung in the opposite direction while receiving damage. During the beginning animation (bringing arms in) he will have some stun resistance.

Throws:

Grab: Vaati extends his hand, and a gust of wind comes toward him, bringing in an opponent with the range of Marth's grab (**** the range!! xD)

Attack: Vaati will jerk the victim around while hitting them with alternating attacks of Wind, Fire, and Lighting.

Up: Vaati throws the opponent upward, and then extends his arm upward, delivering the real knockback with a gust of wind.

Forward: Vaati withdraws his arms from the enemy and then thrusts both palms into them (Dare i say it... like in DBZ....), blowing the victim away with considerable force.

Back: Grabs the opponent, and rolls backward. When on his back, he does a handstand kick and launches in the air. While airbourne, he spins around and swings his arms downward, blowing a crecent of wind to knock the opponent back farther.

Down: Vaati jums on the victim's chest, and jumps off backward (think Lei's grab from Tekken 3, or the Falcon dive (not so much the falcon dive, but you know what I mean)), while hitting them to the ground. Then he fires a ball of lightning back at the opponent, which shocks them and launches them a small amount in the air.

Misc.:

Get-Up attack:
-Under 100%: Vaati jumps up and does a propellar kick, spinning twice in the air.
-Over 100%: Vaati Struggles to ge on his back, blows gusts of air from his hands (blowing away opponents) and the gets up.

Edge Attack:
-Under 100%: Flips up from the edge and kicks opponents before sticking a landing.
-Over 100%: Struggles to pull self up, when arms are above the ledge, he blows away opponents with a gust of wind, and the climbs up.

Super Smash!
Vaati will transform into his first form from the Minish Cap (sorcerer with a long cape covering a mysterious eyeball) and small spider like creatures will appear covered in darkness. They will scatter off of the stage and around it. They will then begin firing Red lasers onto the stage. These will knock opponents back farther than the master hands lasers and do more damage. There will be around 10 lasers sweeping across the entire stage for about 10 seconds. During this time Vaati will also release embers in every direction. The lasers will not pass through platforms.

I edited my movelist. I changed all of the sword moves to Martial arts/acrobatic moves. I added a stone transforming energy blast, and comepletely changed his Up-B. How do you like it now? Oh, and I added grabs and a Misc Move Section.

burrito

Smash Lord
Wow, I'm surprised, you actually added in all my suggestions. I like it. In fact, I think I will add it to the front page.

REØ

Smash Lord
burrito can you edit the moveset on the first page with the correct colors and font adjustments Eaode made, it makes it much better and clear to read

burrito

Smash Lord
burrito can you edit the moveset on the first page with the correct colors and font adjustments Eaode made, it makes it much better and clear to read
Oh sorry, I'll go do that right now.

edit: ok, I fixed it. By the way, I took the libert of changing "lightning: The least common of the three" to "lightning: the least common of the four", since there are four different energy blasts now.

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
Vaati, according to Wikipedia, is the second most reaccuring villian in all of the Zelda series, right under ganon. Which would mean he's a pretty good candicate for SSBB.
I'd love to see Vaati in SSBB but I think he should be faster than a "3/5" speed (What you gave him), for some reason the element of wind reminds me of speed, though I'm not exactly sure how fast "3/5" is but I'd like to see him as fast as Young Link if not faster, but I'd be happy if he was as fast as Young Link since he would have some powerful ranged moves.

burrito

Smash Lord
Vaati, according to Wikipedia, is the second most reaccuring villian in all of the Zelda series, right under ganon. Which would mean he's a pretty good candicate for SSBB.
I'd love to see Vaati in SSBB but I think he should be faster than a "3/5" speed (What you gave him), for some reason the element of wind reminds me of speed, though I'm not exactly sure how fast "3/5" is but I'd like to see him as fast as Young Link if not faster, but I'd be happy if he was as fast as Young Link since he would have some powerful ranged moves.
Wind makes me think of a more "floaty" character, so I think it makes sense for him to be not too fast or too slow.

D

Deleted member

It seems Vaati has been forgotten. We must raise awareness, as Vaati is a very possible candidate for the game.
He was mentioned on the survey...I think, so yup, I'm with you there.

Vaati for Brawl!

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Nice moveset, I like it. But is that for Vaati as the Minish/Hylian sized, or Vaati as the giant floaty eye, or Vaati as his more "serious" and tall form just before he becomes the eye....?

Top Bottom