• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vaati for SSBB?*Moveset added*

D

Deleted member

There's people I'd prefer more from Zelda. Yes, you know by now.

But Vaati has more chance in the long run. I wouldn't mind maining him.

T-major

Smash Champion
well, I can see Vaati and Skull kid having the exact same moveset, or at least very similar. so, for me, it all really comes down to character design; in which I would choose Skull Kid. but I admit that Vaati has a good chance of getting in, so I'll go with him.

also (this has nothing to do with Vaati), Zant will deffinatly NOT be in brawl!! at all! in any way! I don't see how people can seriously think that he has even the slightest chance of being included...

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero

also (this has nothing to do with Vaati), Zant will deffinatly NOT be in brawl!! at all! in any way! I don't see how people can seriously think that he has even the slightest chance of being included...

He's still a cool character. For me, if I like the character, I'll support them, I don't care what the chances are.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'd still say Zant has a chance, especially if Sakurai does focus on TP for Zelda reps. Granted Midna comes first, but seeing as Sheik got in it's very possible that Zant will to.

I'd like to see Vaati in brawl, as his wind magic has the potential for an interesting moveset.

T-major

Smash Champion
I'd still say Zant has a chance, especially if Sakurai does focus on TP for Zelda reps. Granted Midna comes first, but seeing as Sheik got in it's very possible that Zant will to.
thats just it, Sakurai WON'T focus on TP for reps. he'll focus on the Zelda franchise as a whole for reps; not just one game... just because Link has his TP design dosn't mean that there only representing that game. they only used that design because it's the most detailed one, and would therefore fit better in Brawl. that litteraly is the ONLY reason they used the TP design, and it will have no effect on what Zelda reps get in. there going to put in the main stay characters; Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Young Link, and hopefully Vaati because he's the second most reacuring villain.... but let's not make this into a big debate... how 'bout we just agree to disagree?

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
I'm just going by how they approached it in melee, where all the characters were based of OoT (and both Sheik and the two Links concept were both taken from OoT). I just think there's a chance they could do the same with TP this time as it's very likely both Zelda and Gannondorf will get TP upgrades too. Granted it's just speculation (and I personally hope they would be more diverse this time), but I still think it's a possibilty. I'm just saying don't rule Zant out just yet, though Midna will definately appear before he does.

OysterMeister

Smash Journeyman
Vaati has a chance. He's the only other reaccuring stand alone Zelda villan besides Ganondorf, and he's also the only Villan who ever got his own sword (the Four Sword) made just to defeat him aside from Ganondorf.
But, he's also only ever appeared in the cartoony style Zelda games, like Four Swords and Minish Cap (and maybe Phantom Hourglass), so I'd say that if he does get in, it'd have to be representing this style. And, at least for me, this also means that we'd need a Link in this style, because what purpose does a villan serve without the hero?
So I'm thinking that if we see Vaati in brawl, we'll also see a redone young link, in the same cartoony style, for balance.
Considering the direction the Legend of Zelda series seems to be taking, with the realistic style on the consols and the cartoony style on the handhelds simultaneously, I'd say this is fairly likely. Or at least probable.

T-major

Smash Champion
I'm just going by how they approached it in melee, where all the characters were based of OoT (and both Sheik and the two Links concept were both taken from OoT). I just think there's a chance they could do the same with TP this time as it's very likely both Zelda and Gannondorf will get TP upgrades too. Granted it's just speculation (and I personally hope they would be more diverse this time), but I still think it's a possibilty. I'm just saying don't rule Zant out just yet, though Midna will definately appear before he does.

first off, the OoT look in Melee is just that, the LOOK. the characters are still representing ALL the Zelda games, not just one (in this case OoT). they used them in melee because they were the most detailed versions of the characters at the time (same thing with TP Link in Brawl). seeing as most, if not ALL the items Link(s) has in OoT, are also in most other Zelda games; whats to stop someone from saying "that boomerang is from A Link to the Past!"? nothings stoping you... now, as for Sheik; she was only in OoT, so she's an exception. however, Zelda has been in almost EVERY game, so her being in OoT has nothing to do with her inclusion. Ganondorf made his first apearence in OoT, but Ganon is the most reocuring villain in the Zelda universe, and was in the first Zelda game (and then some), and since Ganondorf is Ganon's human form, they used him because he would fit in Melee better then a giant pig.

so yes, I already have ruled out Zant (and Minda), and he was never ruled in to begin with...

::EDIT::

I also agree with what OysterMiester said. if Vaati get's in, he should be in the cartoony style; as well as a cartoony young Link (with the Four sword)

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
You make a good point, though I still wouldn't entirely rule out Midna at least. I still think we'll be seeing TP incarnations of the main trio, though like I said I'd like a bit of variety, which is why I like Vaati as a potential character who could help rep the cartoon side of Zelda that spurred on from WW.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I think Vaati used to part of my Top Ten...

One thing that came across my mind was, well, Vaati has only been in games that were developed by Capcom. Does that mean they own the rights to Vaati? Similar to how Square Enix owns the rights to Geno and Mallow?

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I think Vaati used to part of my Top Ten...

One thing that came across my mind was, well, Vaati has only been in games that were developed by Capcom. Does that mean they own the rights to Vaati? Similar to how Square Enix owns the rights to Geno and Mallow?
I can answer that for you. The answer is no, Capcom does not have rights to Vaati. None at all. Also, Capcom did not help make Four Swords Adventures for the Gamecube yet Vaati was still in it.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I can answer that for you. The answer is no, Capcom does not have rights to Vaati. None at all. Also, Capcom did not help make Four Swords Adventures for the Gamecube yet Vaati was still in it.
Oh, I see. Thanks for answering that for me.

Also, what's the deal with everyone wanting Skull Kid in, huh?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Skull kid had a big role in MM, the fact that a funny little guy can become such a hateabla character thanx to a mask is awesome, he threatend to termina by crushing the moon over the city, if thats not pwnage I dont know what is, toug hhis chances are kinda slim, seeing how its been quite a while since MM, I doubt skull kid will make it even tough I REALLY do want him in...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Skull kid had a big role in MM, the fact that a funny little guy can become such a hateabla character thanx to a mask is awesome, he threatend to termina by crushing the moon over the city, if thats not pwnage I dont know what is, toug hhis chances are kinda slim, seeing how its been quite a while since MM, I doubt skull kid will make it even tough I REALLY do want him in...
Yet he's only been in one game...

Still, I've seen loads of fan support for him, so I guess I won't be surprised if he makes it.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
The Ocarina of time one is the same as the majoras mask one. I know this because skull kid says in majoras mask you smell like that fairy boy that taught me that song. The twilight princess one is probably the same one as well.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
The Ocarina of time one is the same as the majoras mask one. I know this because skull kid says in majoras mask you smell like that fairy boy that taught me that song. The twilight princess one is probably the same one as well.
Oooooooooo! That's neat!

It would also be neat if the TP one was the same one. He looked extremely different from the original, though.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Vaati is mostly a wtf character. He isn't a realistic nor strong choice. He's not famous enough.

Off topic: Brawlmatt202 has over 1000 posts, and he joined in Feb '07....
That proves that the Brawl forums are good for raising your post count, but it's too bad that 95% of the topics are about things that most likely won't happen in brawl...

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
i think vaati's best shot to get into brawl is if he is the bad guy in LoZ: the Phantom Hourglass (coming out for the DS probably round the end of the year, not sure though). this way he would act as a rival to WW link (who has made it, in my mind anyway) as well as an advertisement for Phantom hourglass (a la roy's role in melee).

also, about his moveset......no sword? i know theres been a bit of a proliferation of sword users in brawl (seems that way to me anyway) but cmon, in the minish cap he wins the sword fighting tourney in hyrule right at the start (before we know hes a bad panda).

Aki-toriko

Smash Apprentice
Vaati's one of the more likely new Zelda additions, as secondary villain and the owner of a potentially killer moveset. Besides, he'd fit a lot better than Zant.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I'd say Vaati has a good shot. Variable moveset choices, another villian and popular.

In fact, I support Vaati ^_^

Top Bottom