• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

VaNz Stuff.. about Peach (Tactical Discussion)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Kels
Milkman
sox
DoH
Easy
JPOBS

Does anyone know how to play against Game and Watch? It seriously confounds me. **** low tiers.

Samochan

Smash Master
I do =)

GW has disjointed aerials... but he's very weak against crouch cancels if you do it right. He's very very light, so he'll die easily too and he can't sweetspot, albeit up b extends nastily. GW is fairly slow, so take advantage of that and be quicker in whatever and use turnips in a nasty way. GW's techs and like are shiiiit, so take mass advantage (liek dthrow). GW's shield is prone to stabs, so abuse that one too. I think his stuntime is also fair amount, so you could try some combos.

What gw's like to do a lot is fair dtilt and dthrow to nairs, those nairs especially are nasty. You can try to di and nair yourself especially if they mistime a frame or two, but watch out for those on kill%. Nair has no hitbox below the parasol though (I think). Dtilt is one of his best weapons, can shieldstab, is fairly quick to repeat and can kill, so watch out for that. Don't get caught in random 9's either. Dair can't match upsmash, though otherwise has 2 hits, so cc second one and you'll do fine. Uair can be used to juggle... bair is bair and hard to get past. Pancakes (or sausages) are annoying, but watch out for the pan spike near ledge.

Basically, abuse your range, priority, quickness, projectiles, ability to kill quicker and your awesome cc and you'll do fine. GW sucks in any case lol, link/zelda/ylink/pika would be a lot more worrisome when you use peach imo. If you're really worried, pick sheik or sumthing and cg raep (?).

Cia

das kwl
Does anyone know how to play against Game and Watch? It seriously confounds me. **** low tiers.
lolD'oH. I don't even know how to explain this match up correctly. I just know that GaW's shield BLOWS and Bair > Dsmash will pierce every time (or Break his shield). So go with that. and use turnips in your approaches if you're worried about Utilt. just estimating. This match up has to be about 65:35 Peach's favor.

Just watch out for Dtilt/Dthrow > Nair/9hammer. Fair is also GaW's most common approach. So when they jump, be ready to Nair OoS.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
His uptilt is annoying when trying to approach with fair. FML.
G&W has really bad approaches to floating Peaches, Space properly when floating so fair won't reach and you will basically negate all of his approaches (he still has his good nair, but that's hen you can start dropping while di'ing back with fairs).

This is one of those matchups where you can really spam turnip approaches, since any time you catch him in his shield and your ready to FC you pretty much get a free hit a majority of the time. Just don't be stupid and pull a turnip see him approach "panic" and throw the turnip right at his fair. It's ok to pull and wait for an appropriate approach moment.

You can't really challenge his Dair, it's better in general to avoid it or shield it. It might be possible to shieldgrab it but 2 hits + l-cancel to dtilt usually throws it off. If you can wavedash back to space most G&W will immediately dtilt and you can float over it to w/e.

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
1. trikrome
1. UUAA
1. The Irish Mafia
1. Brdy
1. -Chad-

Not the worst pool, but not an easy one. BTW, that is not THE chaddd

It's brdy I'm scared of. Darc says he's slightly better than me but if I play at my best I should take it no problem. UUAA i plan on just trying to get a match on a CP stage. Trikrome is a falcon main, I looked him up and I play falcons better than him on a weekly basis. Finally, -Chad-, the mystery guy. I'm gonna have to pray that he's a scrub.

So, anyone know any of the above players? any tips vs any of them? Vans, I'm going to need to peach ditto you a ton before my pool, I want to 2-0 brdy.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
correct me if I'm wrong:

-Chad- is this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTSqdQ3Tgxg
UUAA- well...he's gonna be rough. It Fox...'nuff said.
Brdy- an old vid...sorry I didn't see anything recent: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4KisoxPePc
Trikrome seems like you got him under control.

I REALLY wish someone could help me out:

1. TheLake
1. VixTemplar@gmail.com
1. Lucky
1. Ame
1. Emma Watsons Boyfriend
1. Pakman

Lucky...well...yeah
Pakman- I need help with Yoshi and Luigi
The Lake- a Zelda player...I think it's gonna be interesting. VaNz...we on for that MM?
EWBF- I saw his Falco...does he actually main Falco?
Random email address- um....yeah, xD.

Cia

das kwl
=( I'm hurt that nobody helped me with Luigi/Yoshi.
I believe I have Luigi stuff posted on the OP. As for Yoshi, He can be kind of tricky sometimes, but Peach move set is like.. designed to counter him. Fair and Bair approaches are best. I've never really struggled with this match up so I can't recall any major hazards to look out for.

Don't over spam float approach. Yoshi will just Usmash or Uair combo you. Eggs are also annoying. Oh, and If Yoshi ever uses his double jump to get to platform, or to recover, DOWN SMASH. He shouldn't be able to come back to the stage after this.

If you ever run into pakman, ask him about these match ups. He's the best player I've seen for both of these chars.

and about the MM, sure ^_^

TIM -Idk trikrome, UUAA's ok, I think BRDY plays brawl now, so I can't imagine him retaining his tech skill unless he's been practicing for pound, and that's PROBABLY PikaChad, a pretty well known pikachu. Not Easy.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
1. trikrome
1. UUAA
1. The Irish Mafia
1. Brdy
1. -Chad-

Not the worst pool, but not an easy one. BTW, that is not THE chaddd

It's brdy I'm scared of. Darc says he's slightly better than me but if I play at my best I should take it no problem. UUAA i plan on just trying to get a match on a CP stage. Trikrome is a falcon main, I looked him up and I play falcons better than him on a weekly basis. Finally, -Chad-, the mystery guy. I'm gonna have to pray that he's a scrub.

So, anyone know any of the above players? any tips vs any of them? Vans, I'm going to need to peach ditto you a ton before my pool, I want to 2-0 brdy.
Thats Pika Chad. Hes a **** pikachu main.

He was added to our pool at genesis if I recall, but I dont know if you had the chance to play him.

Cia

das kwl
I need help!

I need ideas for a song to use in a Peach combo video. Plz, no techno or trance, or whatever it's called. Something that sounds nice. I'm a huge fan of piano music in combo vids but nothing like.. mozart or something.

also, please don't suggest lady gaga - bad romance. It's a pretty good choice IMO (and it's been suggested like 5 times), but it's so current that it almost seems desperate to use in a combo vid. I'd rather not.

BTW - I added the DADS info to the OP. it's just THAT funny to me.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
Finally, -Chad-, the mystery guy. I'm gonna have to pray that he's a scrub.

Ahh Chad, he actually is moving to AL soon, and I know how good he is. And yes Vanz, that is pikachad, he was talking about it in the AL thread and posted his pool.

He is easily a top Pika player, but recently he started playing more seriously. He now plays a ***** of a fox (not sure if he plays pika or fox more). After watching your vids, Irish, I say either one of his chars would likely beat you out. =(

I would practice against campy and aggressive foxes for your pool.

MacD

1. Minnty
1. Roman
1. Tantalus
1. Faab
1. Jray
1. MacD

so from what little research i was able to do, i think it was minnty and roman were the foxes i wasn't too scared of, idk about jray or tantalus, and faab is a good europe player right? who does he use, no real recent vids of him and all his vids consist of fox, falco, sheik and marth so i have no idea what to expect

MacD

haha, the only thing i saw was him agianst that puff and i went to the end because it told me too

where is he ranked and where is he from and does he play against peaches a lot haha

oh and about the DADS vanz, back in my home town area of smash, there is this guy named choknater and when i started playing smash again in december (a year ago) he made the title of the thread "MacD's strategy the DADS: Dash Attack Down Smash" ever since then it's been a nice little joke, and i love how you described it with flurry, hella funny

MacD

haha i just threw that last question in more so cause, i was more curious about where he was from than anything

i'm just excited to have a good european in my pool

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
tantalus is from this area. Not a threat to you Macd.

Tant if you see this post <3 (don't yell at me, gotta help da other Peaches so we can win all the tournaments and every tournament devolves into Peach dittos).

There I helped, now look at my videos at give me advice. I suck and want to improve.

@Vanz: You mentioned liking piano music that's not mozart.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dPS-EHl-FE

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I have Plank in my pool O_O

1. SypherPhoenix -Fox
1. LLOD -Peach/Sheik
1. Plank -Sheik
1. DaBizWiz -Fox
1. Linguini -Ganon

Characters are form what I know. I think I'll get third in my pool, after Plank and Linguini (unless I can beat either of them)

Speaking of, how's the Peach vs. Ganon matchup? I've never played a good ganon... ever... I think I'll go sheik lol

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I've had Cactuar training...Kels and I played some friendlies at SMYM and we went pretty even.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Speaking of, how's the Peach vs. Ganon matchup? I've never played a good ganon... ever... I think I'll go sheik lol
If possible, find Vwins and get advice from him, then train with Kage or something.

Vwins taps Ganons.

edit: before someone posts him losing some random friendly to Linguini, I should clarify that I mean when it matters he taps Ganons.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
people were talking about marth just a little while ago, this was uploaded a few days ago, take what you will from it since lucky just wanted to try marth but he's still good and knows how to use many characters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJWu7iRHbPE
I don't think I saw a results page for that =( I wanna see them >_<

Edit: I just saw it. Good stuff MacD and Conn0r!!!

didn't vwins beat Linguini in pools though at RoM?

does he have any more Ganon vids?
You could also ask XIF for a bit of advice, too. I'm sure he has experience vs. him.

Samochan

Smash Master
Ganondorf is another matchup where peach needs to play patient and especially campy but smart turnip game, but then beat the **** outta ganondorf when he's open to combos. If peach just rushes in, ganondorf has easy counters to that stuff, namely just kicking you away or fairing or aerialing you. Ganny is tall so has tall shield, so you gotta be precise in float cancels and especially not to let ganondorf to grab you. If he gets a grab and dthrows, but misses his timing a frame or couple, you can nair him before he does his stuff, but don't count on it. When float canceling, you can get his feet with dsmashes since he has long legs, but be careful. Watch out for ftilt, especially upwards directed. When following up in combos, beware of his dair. Uairs, dash attacks, dtilts, ftilts... whatever you come up with, can combo ganondorf (I believe exarch has a mini-combo video about combos vs ganondorf in da internet). For recovering back, watch out for those aerials. Uair has reach and peach can't for the life of her overcome that move. Fair is super deadly, don't get hit lol and bair is fast and killer. If you sweetspot, prepare to ledgetech. To maul ganondorf's recovery, turnips are a good way. Throw down at his head to make em mess "sweetspotting", but dair is usually a safe maneuver to get damage and make him mess up at some point. My personal favourite against good walljumptechers is to space a fair, then immediately run away (or just spacing) and nail em with a nair when they try to come towards stage. This also works against c.falcon (even better). Dtilt is fun if you get it, as is tennis racket. For OoS defences, nair oos is a good one if you get it done right. Wavedash to stuff if you're quick like armada lol.

In short, use smart turnip camping and don't let ganny-uncle to hit you or block your turnips with his own hits (<-this!!). If you get him into a combo, improvise, quite many of peach's stuff combos ganon (just don't try to fc quick nair in succession at low%, he'll cc that and punish/escape...). Space extra well, he has more reach so you'll need some timing and spacing to get at him especially without turnips. Beware of his ledgeguards, normal and uair spikes too. Watch out for random wavelands. Don't get grabbed.

For video reference, imo armada's pool matches against Fear is how to mess up against ganon when you don't perform quite right, but 2 next vids are how to **** ganon and how to do it right.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
How well can peach's second jump be use in mindgames or spacing? Vids or names of people who use them well would be appreciated.

The Irish Mafia

I know that Samo posted huge thing just above here but I'll put in my opinion on the peach ganon matchup. I've played a few, but none consistently.
I basically filed it down to: throw lotsa turnips, win lotsa fights. He's one of the characters peach can outrun, but just barely. With his incredible platform mobility, there aren't a lot of safe spots on the map, so I find flinging turnips tends to hinder his mobility. Trading hits is a big no-no, it's just not gonna work out good. I just try to avoid direct conflict and bait one of his aerial approaches. Watch out for the jab, it combos something nasty and ganon always seems to have it out just before you punish his aerial.
There are other things, mostly spacing grabs, that I consider important, but I'm tired and this probably wasn't helpful

Thanks MacD btw that was helpful

Top Bottom