• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[VIC - MAJOR] Australian Cyber League Melbourne - July 7-8

Gords

Smash Champion
The changes to lucario are some of the most logical and best changes to any character. Brawl lucario is just stupid, now he is actually worth playing. The whole move series thing added was such a good idea. And the way aura works now makes sense for a fighting Pokemon.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
so, what's the next steps for me in getting a project m tournament off the ground? it's only intended to be discreet/informal, so it doesn't need binding timeframes, just a rough estimate when it'd be the best time to run it.

Gords

Smash Champion
There has been an update to project M by the way. Demo v2.1. Takes care of a lot of bugs v2.0 had.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer this will defs be bigger than the sequel to scamsmash
also zxv vs corpsecreate no disqualifications boronia style street fight
zxv! zxv!

Gords

Smash Champion
Wow and lukes the one that gets perma-banned.

I don't think large amounts of money is going to help project M in anyway. It would be more reasonable to put that money towards melee or even brawl, a game that many people have access to. Project M is still a demo with several bugs, not everyone has played it yet, maybe in 12 months or after its finished would money far greater than would be made form entry be of greater value to the scene.

Also as Cao says, the intention is for an informal/discrete project M tourney. $500+ is not discrete.

S.D

Smash Master
Project M is ok.... but rather than try to make brawl into melee i'd prefer to just play melee.. Maybe i'm crazy.. Would love to come but probably can't, unless you decide to host it in gladstone.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
sd: but i like new brawl chars turning into melee ones, like woxy!

gords: ted and joe would come down for sure :9 that helps. also, i've got a couple of old skool melee players onto it (kulla/pat). takes a bit of effort to grow the interest for it. the money would help there.

looking forward to your pms, nova :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
thanks to nova and caotic, a project m tournament will run on the saturday night with a $500 pot injection from nova!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
possible $500 melee pot boost by nova also
500 reasons for sa to lick his ballz?

Dekar289

Smash Hero
just concentrate on not letting down the bot in the real game
and brawl too

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'll be running the Project M tournament Saturday @ ACL, @ 7.30pm!

This is the first tournament I have run since... I don't remember, so that's sort of hype.

Thanks to Nova, this tournament is fully sponsored and is designed to generate competitive interest for Project M, despite its ongoing development.

Since there is no official ruleset for the game, the tournament's rules will not be revealed until the tournament. You can expect that the ruleset will be based off the Melee ruleset as closely as possible and that I'll have full discretion over dispute resolutions (since the game, could... like... crash).

Other that that, you guys shouldn't worry. The entry fee is zero and you're welcome to get your entry fee money back if the game didn't perform to your expectations ;)

Version: Project M v 2.1 (the latest version)
Entry fee: $0
Prize pool: $500 (Courtesy of Nova)
Pot split: (60-30-10)

Any questions regarding Project M, let me know.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
is anyone planning on hosting any meets for ACL practice?
im on holidays now so i'm keen to smash pretty much anyday.

(this is mainly directed at brawl people)

Splice

Smash Hero
Yes, hit me up Nicks, bring Earl too and I'll get Sebby and we can practice doubles and also If you bring your wii we can also split up and do singles as well and get pizza, stay as long as you want.

Text me or contact me on facebook for more details, currently I am free every day after this Sunday
Every day, All day

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
Yes, hit me up Nicks, bring Earl too and I'll get Sebby and we can practice doubles and also If you bring your wii we can also split up and do singles as well and get pizza, stay as long as you want.

Text me or contact me on facebook for more details, currently I am free every day after this Sunday
Every day, All day
ok sounds amazing! :) ill see which day earl can do and let you know

Invisi

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3411-2321-4441
So, turns out the friend I'm staying with is currently in hospital. Hopefully he's out by the time I come down, but even if he's not I'm still going to go visit him, and his dad's still offering to house me for the week. However, I think it's probably more appropriate if I stay with one of you guys Sat/Sun night. I'll have my sleeping bag/mat, so as long as there's a bit of floor I promise I won't be much hassle =)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hrmm, contemplating booking a hotel room over sat night in CBD & throwing random party

Dekar289

Smash Hero
Nova has confirmed a $500 boost for the melee pot in addition to the $500 prize for Project M!
hrmm, contemplating booking a hotel room over sat night in CBD & throwing random party
ooooahhhh

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I need to know who I'm housing. This is less than a week away and I have nfi what's going on.

The amount of people doesn't matter.

Oh and I might hold a large meet in the Thursday before.

:phone:

Top Bottom