• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Video Thread: Now in Regular Definition!

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
The names Called Stupid Yoshi Tricks, This is the kind of stuff i wanted in it when i first envisioned it mayne. Then i started including like everything Yoshi could do that might get overlooked.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Here's my MM with Anti at Pound V:

Poltergust vs. Meta Knight (Anti)

And here are some vids from Pik-A-Nik. More to come soon!

Poltergust vs. Diddy 1 (Geoberos)
Poltergust vs. Diddy 2 (Geoberos) <- Combo vid kill at the end lol.

Poltergust vs. ZSS 1 (FK)
Poltergust vs. ZSS 2 (FK) <- I'd really like critique on these two matches. I think I'm approaching the match-up wrong. Armor pieces, d-smash, and u-tilts OoS ***** me.

Poltergust vs. Pikachu 1 (K Prime)
Poltergust vs. Pikachu 2 (K Prime) <- Slush, maybe watching these matches can help you.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
I can't really say how good the Diddy was, But dude thaats how you use nanners. I have a tip for you though, if you got a grab and there's a nanner next to you that you wanna pick up, throw Diddy. I can't really say a direction because it depends on stage position what stage it is blah blah. Usually to be safe you throw them in the direction thats closest offstage at higher %'s and away from the nanner at mid and low %'s. Upthrow if you wanna try some thing fancy lol

More nanner stuff omg learn to DR pickup. It helps save some of those embarrassing Dash attacks. I mean im not saying never dash attack pickup, but diddy could have done worse to you for attempting some of the ones you did.

Okay Zss, I'm not great with this matchup but imma say something i noticed. You have an aggressive play style. Its your nature i guess. And it bothers me in most of your sets because you go beyond aggro to a point where you're just being Greedy(main gripe with any of your games). All ZSS did was capitalize on it. Now just from what i've seen from other ZSS games is that they are crazy good at juggling. So here is what usually happened during your game.

You being greedy going for an attack that couldn't hit(Seriously you were Dairing at nothing a few times)
He shields/punishes w/e it was you were doing (sending you in the air for the most part)
You do a random aerial
He Upairs you for it (maybe more than once)
Finally you decide to air dodge to the ground
He either predicts and gets some kind of punish or he went for an upair missed and now you're on the ground waiting for a side b.

I mean i honest have no idea what to do in this matchup but from what i've seen dont do stuff like attack the air while moving at him (especially if he was standing still) cause he's just gonna shield and uptilt you. Also, work on gimping her. You had some chances but you weren't ready for the chance that he would mess up.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
And I also spot-dodge ZSS's d-smash too much. :(

Maybe I should play the match-up like I would for Mr. Game & Watch. Spot-dodge very rarely, shield hits and roll away with the shield knockback to reset positions, camp more (although the problem with camping is that ZSS is extremely fast). I'll keep that in mind next time I fight one.

bigman40

Smash Master
No. You spotdodge > Dsmash a ton in your matches. I would think a tilt/jabs would be much better cause missing them won't be nearly as bad as Dsmash's lag. I'll watch the ZSS matches tomorrow or so whenever I get more free time. Research papers suck balls.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yeah, I hate it when someone PSes my d-smash out of a spot-dodge, because then I think, "Oh, a jab would have certainly connected there. Darn it..."

Still, I think a d-smash is a good option if your opponent is close enough to get hit by both hitboxes while still shielding (unless they PS). If it hits both times it's usually safe, but people don't expect to slide behind Yoshi and usually drop their shield and get hit by the 2nd one. =P

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol if only. People punished my Dsmashes cause the transition into the 2nd half was too laggy (and I hit their shield on the first hit). Hell some punished after I landed the second hit. =/

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Strange, the only time that's happened to me is when people PSed it. I thought that the shield-stun + pushback was enough to make the transition to the 2nd hit safe.

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
And I also spot-dodge ZSS's d-smash too much. :(

Maybe I should play the match-up like I would for Mr. Game & Watch. Spot-dodge very rarely, shield hits and roll away with the shield knockback to reset positions, camp more (although the problem with camping is that ZSS is extremely fast). I'll keep that in mind next time I fight one.

I wasn't saying dont be aggro, i just meant don't be greedy with it. Especially since the only times you really took more than 20% in that game was because you tried to attack too prematurely.
Also your spotdodges actually saved your *** alot more than it hurt you in that 1st game. As long as you aren't too predicable with them. Its just you actually do Dsmash out of it a lot. I didn't catch it before lol.

Aaaand i want a ZSS to confirm this but i think if you hold up after getting Stunned the first time, you get out of stun faster the second time. I might be wrong here though.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
No, it's always a set amount of time. You just can't get stunned again until you hit the ground.

D

Deleted member

Im leaving comments on ur ZSS matches on the actual matches.
Good stuff vs prime tho thats impressive.
The zss matches...not so much :p But you can do it

Btw dont be scared of side b. Go hit him lol

Yikarur

Smash Master
you have to camp ZSS hard, approaching only leads to getting hit (if you rush into her you eat uptilt, if you space you eat dtilt (you can be happy if she doesn't dtilt you because she's too bad :p))
when I started playing campy the match-up turned to be better. (realized that too late in tournament and lost nevertheless D: xD)

which PS1 Yoshi Glitch was talked about? D: too lazy to see the whole video but thumbs up at the wavebounce at the beginning Slush!

Sharky

Smash Master
polt I have a couple games on my wii of you vs will, do you want me to send them to someone to be uploaded?

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Go ahead. If we saved them something good must have happened in them considering they were just friendlies. :laugh:

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm going to watch a lot of videos because there is a tournament next weekend.
Which videos would you recommend for me? =D (for Match-ups like MK, Snake, Falco, Diddy, Marth, everyone but priority are the first one's)

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Slice has some vids vs Diddy of him using nanners really well. Idk about the rest of the matchup but slice has some of the best nannerplay i've seen so far. as for the rest idk.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Zude has some solid Marth videos, and like the previous poster mentioned, Slice is always a good bet. I also recommend watching a few Polt videos vs. Metaknight and maybe even the recent Burntsocks vs. Snake.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Yika, I'd also say you could watch my matches against Pwii. They're old, but they do show you how to play incredibly safe and slowly against MK. I don't recommend doing that for all 8 minutes like I did, but it's definitely a good thing to know how to do.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Don't watch Delta-cod videos unless someone is injecting caffeine into your veins and prying your eyeballs open with a metal claw.

Because they are BOOOOOOOOOORRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNGGGGGG.

Just kiddin', watch 'em.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I like Delta's vids.

Also, I uber hard camped on Norfair last weekend.

Timed out a ZSS with all 3 stocks remaining and 231% while ZSS was on last stock with about 30% lol.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Some videos from my tournament this weekend.

Winner's Semi Finals
vs. Breez (MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_NiUyArZO8&feature=channel_video_title (matches 1-3)

Losers Finals
vs. Captain L (Pikachu)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifGSJ-XmJko&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXdjrAl__D8&feature=related
I went MK game 3 and lost. =P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebKQABl341k&feature=related

Grand Finals
vs. Breez (MK)
Game 1 wasn't saved. Game 2 was saved, but it hasn't been uploaded yet because it was glitching out. I lost both matches.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d1Y_qbsBsA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCXJRVMGb6o&feature=related

Critique is welcome and appreciated, as always. =]

:005:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Watching the winner's semis match against Breez right now.

The first match. You had an AMAZING last stock. You really made up for the two gimps you suffered and absolutely destroyed his second stock. It was orgasmic. <3 However, you landed with Egg Lay too much, so it started getting read a lot during your last stock and ended up getting you killed.

For the second match, I noticed that you approached with DA/Usmash a lot, and neglected Dash Grab. MAKE SURE you mix that in. He was shielding a lot, and you missed a lot of Grab opportunities, which are really important against MK. You should also try Bairing through MK's Glide Attack. At worst, it clanks, and at best, you hit. It's a pretty good option.

Game 3: Holy ****ing **** Meta Knight is the gayest little ****ing puff ball I have ever seen in my entire life span. **** MK and everything he stands for. I can't believe what happened happened. I can't even adequately put my rage into words at how gay that is. I'M ****ING PISSED AND I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE SET. duisabduisadbs

D

Deleted member

Me likey firefly
You are playing actively
This is good =]
Good shizzle

i cant give you tips really because i am very bad now and havent played yoshi in a while, but i think frigate is a lame CP vs MK, even though i love that stage.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Game 3: Holy ****ing **** Meta Knight is the gayest little ****ing puff ball I have ever seen in my entire life span. **** MK and everything he stands for. I can't believe what happened happened. I can't even adequately put my rage into words at how gay that is. I'M ****ING PISSED AND I DIDN'T EVEN PLAY THE SET. duisabduisadbs
loooooooool
Delta mad y?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Watching the winner's semis match against Breez right now.

The first match. You had an AMAZING last stock. You really made up for the two gimps you suffered and absolutely destroyed his second stock. It was orgasmic. <3 However, you landed with Egg Lay too much, so it started getting read a lot during your last stock and ended up getting you killed.

For the second match, I noticed that you approached with DA/Usmash a lot, and neglected Dash Grab. MAKE SURE you mix that in. He was shielding a lot, and you missed a lot of Grab opportunities, which are really important against MK. You should also try Bairing through MK's Glide Attack. At worst, it clanks, and at best, you hit. It's a pretty good option.

Why thank you. =] I keep thinking I'm going to condition him with egglay, but then I don't actively punish the spotdodges like I should be doing. >.>

I've been trying to cut down on my dash grabs lately and replace them with DA and Usmash, so it doesn't surprise me one bit that I've overcompensated. :x And I noticed that day that I was having a hard time dealing with the glide attacks the way he was doing them, and I actually thought afterwards Bair could be an interesting way of getting around it. I'll try that out next time. ^.^

lol @ your rage. Have you watched game 4 of GFs yet?

Me likey firefly
You are playing actively
This is good =]
Good shizzle

i cant give you tips really because i am very bad now and havent played yoshi in a while, but i think frigate is a lame CP vs MK, even though i love that stage.
Thank you. But you say that as though I'm taking him to Frigate and not the other way around. :x It's his favorite CP against me.

As I already told the fine folks on the Yoshi chat, this video is a phoney. It's definitely not worth watching. lol

Choice

Smash Champion
polt, i dunno if this is true for yoshi, but falco's multihit aerial's can stop armor pieces. i didn't really get a chance to check out those vids nor do i think i could really give much a critique at all, but i figure maybe bair could do the same?

also once i get control of the pieces, i like to throw them upwards and control that area of the stage + camp/ keep out with ftilt.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, Bair would work for that. Yoshi has a lot of moves that are good for clanking with non-transcendent projectiles (which is really helpful because of our shield :x ); Bair, Nair, Jab, and Ftilt in particular are really useful depending on the situation.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Egg roll clanks with a lot of random stuff and leaves you lagfree.

Top Bottom