• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for melee in "Game of the decade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
oh i see you're taking THAT route

yeah good luck with trying to outvote the Wow guys.

Just show your support with melee, i dont think theres anything you can do to stop WoW from getting past KOTR

Stratford

Smash Champion
Chain-ace has inspired me. I just dl'd firefox for the sole purpose of voting faster and it did not disappoint. Just dropped 200. There's a hotkey to delete browsing history, don't even have to scroll up or down. You can average 5 seconds per vote if you don't sandbag.

WoW is definitely going to be tough. Melee, Half Life 2, and Halo are each leading their division with a little over 2000 votes. WoW's got 3000, I think they might have this round in the bag. I say we try to eliminate WoW in the Final 4, because if the WoW boards or whatever find out about this we could be ****ed. I think it'll be up against Halo. If we can take them out before finals it will be for the best because there will probably be more voters in finals. Gotta get that gimp.

Chain-ace will lead the troops into battle. Let's show them the tech skill of Melee players.

Stratford

Smash Champion
So how exactly do you vote so quickly? Explain.
I just dl'd Firefox 3.6 Beta 4 from the website, so I'm not sure if this is the same for older versions of Firefox. But if you go to Tools, Clear Recent History, there's a hotkey. For mine it's ctrl+shift+delete. So you vote, then ctrl+shift+delete, press enter (I'm not sure which boxes are necessary to be checked, I just checked them all), click return to poll, click Melee, click vote, repeat. You don't have to click refresh or scroll up or down. Sometimes when I leave it for a while though this doesn't work and I have to clear history, then refresh the whole page. Then the quick method works again. You'll know because it says Thank you for Voting or Thanks, we have already counted your vote.

So the quick process involves: click, ctrl+shift+delte, enter, click, click, repeat.

And yes, all this talk about having to think about your vote, and the unspeakable (actually voting for something else?) needs to gtfo. If you are not with us you are against us. The war has no need for traitors.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
some sticky this thread. this should be our global mission to invite all the smash community to vote for melee.. maybe we can prepare a big army for the wow match. this would be the most epic win ever in smash history win to a 10 millions users colossus.

KEEP VOTING!!

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Nice. I like how we were 8 and started ****** in our division. We have 64% currently. Let's win this guys. I really don't think it'll be too hard. Let's just keep bumping this thread. I didn't realize what this thread was for by the title but then when I checked it I HAD to start voting for Melee!

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I tried the re voting technique forawhile and it worked but after ten votes or so I couldn't revote anymore just kept saying thank you your vote has already been counted?

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Lol there's someone voting with me right now. Haha. It keeps incrementing two at a time.

Also, I have no problem deleting my search history XD

Gotta keep it clean at all times for the gf.

EDIT: Yeah! I just helped get it up to 65 percent. I voted about 100 times so it's now at 2800.
I have it down to a science with Firefox. I have to always click on the Delete Cookies box because it's never automatically checked. Clicking on Return To Poll also doesn't work for me. So this is what I do:
Space Bar, Space Bar, Down Arrow, Click, Click, Ctrl Shift Del, Alt C, Enter, Ctrl R, and then REPEAT.

Also, on the one hand, I totally agree that it takes away from the integrity to vote multiple times, especially if you're voting more than 100 times, but on the other hand, this ISN'T a scientific poll. If it was, then yeah, it'd be cheating. This is a popularity contest and is a chance to show who has the most die-hard fans. The die-hard fans for the other games are undoubtedly doing the EXACT same thing. The die-hard fans will rep their game by voting as many times as they want. If this were to be a bit more scientific, then it wouldn't be so easy to delete the cookies and vote again; they'd put restraints by making you log on to an account.
Heh, and then you have times where websites really don't care at all if you vote multiple times and let you just click over and over on the button to vote. For example, my school just won the MTV Woodie Award for best college radio station in the entire country. In the top 5 voting, you just had to go to the website and click on the school that you wanted to win. A box popped up and said thanks for voting. After you say okay, it just lets you click on your school again. Not AT ALL scientific...in fact this style PROMOTES multiple voting.
But definitely breaking it down to a science like this isn't cheating or anything...it just shows our impressive tech skill as some have pointed out. :D
In a world where gamers are extremely familiar with the Internet, a lot of people know that you can just delete cookies to vote again in something like this. If they really wanted it to be more scientific, then they would have made us login or type in an annoying code every time or something. This is too easy to say they didn't foresee this happening :D
Get to voting guys!

Steelia

Smash Champion

LLDL

Smash Hero
8. Super Smash Bros. Melee 65% (2,848 votes)
7. Shadow of the Colossus 35% (1,566 votes)
Total Votes: 4,414

DAYYUM SON.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Well, given no one's posted the link on this page yet, I shall do so again:
http://www.crispygamer.com/features/2009-12-07/game-of-the-decade-division-finals-2.aspx

I think it's safe to say Melee's fine for now. This is turning along great; glad to see people are following what this topic is talking abou-

|:
Yeah there are only 11 hours left. We should save our energy for the match-up against Halo/Half-Life 2(?)
I'm not sure how they'll do the Final Four, but I'm guessing if WoW is seed 1 (over 4000 votes), then Halo or Half-Life 2 will be seed 4 considering they both have about 200 fewer votes than Melee (assuming those numbers don't change).
WoW is definitely going to be the hard one to take down, but I think if we keep a decent number of votes here, we'll be seed 2 or 3 and won't have to worry about one against WoW until after our match-up against Halo/Half-Life 2.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
yeah we have to vote for melee in one hand and also vote for the underdog.

also the guy who created this thread should change the tittle cuz some people dont know WTF of this. i dont now change for something like: VOTE FOR: "MELEE GAME OF THE DECADE" (we need your votes smashboards). and update the link from the voting polls in the first page. the objective is doing something to make them enter to the thread and keep bumping. the next round wouldnt be so easy and we need all the votes that we can get.

maybe spaming this thread in the other forums.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Yeah, the title is definitely misleading. I thought it was referring to the SWF Video contest and I didn't open it because I already voted for phanna lol. But I was confused why it was still going since voting is over and because someone already made a thread in Melee Discussion to get people to vote...so I opened it.

When we get into the Final Four (it's pretty much a win unless the SotC guys are planning a sudden voting surge a few hours before the poll closes) we should title it "Vote for Melee in the Final Four for 'Game of the Decade.'" It's difficult to make the title short and tell people what it's about. Bumping this thread is always good though. It shows that it must be an interesting topic to have so many people view it and post in it.

(We should vote for Left 4 Dead! It's the underdog and I love that game haha. It's the only FPS I've ever enjoyed. It's not my kind of genre.)

Stratford

Smash Champion
WoW has 4700 votes this round. Melee has 3000... If we're not up against WoW in the semifinals, some of us need to hardcore vote against WoW while others ensure Melee's spot in the championship. A finals against WoW would be ridiculously tough, but if we can eliminate it next round I can guarantee game of the decade.

Current link just because why not - http://www.crispygamer.com/features/2009-12-07/game-of-the-decade-division-finals-2.aspx

rhan

Smash Hero
If only my home computer didn't break. :(

I had Safari and you can delete browsing history/cookies just as fast as fire fox. :(

MAYLAY 4 LYF3!!

Prawn

Smash Master
VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE.

spam this thread with shameless plugs all over the melee boards.

Pi

Smash Hero
My deleting history works. So I could pump out however many votes whenever.
If we have to go against a big dog. But for now we won this one.

Pi

Smash Hero
itd be awesoe if we have a way to program up a macro for voting
I'm sure there is, but I guess nobody knows how lol
I have iMacro for firefox or whatever it is
kinda looks like visual basics, which I know a little of
but if anyone else knows a lot about it and would be able to write one up for voting, clearing history, return to poll, vote again that would be sick
leave that **** on over night lol.

Prawn

Smash Master
melee's officially won this round, we need to do work if we hope to advance any farther though

jugfingers

Smash Champion
how does this bracket work? is it bo jackson div vs chocobo and koopa vs alucard, in the semis?

also I think we should let WoW win and focus on getting melee through, then crush them in the finals.

it would be an epic battle, since obviously the wow fans are re-voting too, with +5000 votes last round

ipitydatfu

Smash Master
I'm sure there is, but I guess nobody knows how lol
I have iMacro for firefox or whatever it is
kinda looks like visual basics, which I know a little of
but if anyone else knows a lot about it and would be able to write one up for voting, clearing history, return to poll, vote again that would be sick
leave that **** on over night lol.

just downloaded the add-on, doesnt seem too hard, lemme try it once the new page goes up

Prawn

Smash Master
we dont even need to cheat THAT much to win this,

when the new link goes up, spam it to all your friends(even non-smash related ones if they'll do it), vote once, clear your history, vote again. Do it as many times as you can before you get sick of it.

Even without the help of scriptkiddies we can win, spam the link in you're characters general discussion thread, ask a mod to sticky this thread, put it in your signature. etc.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
we have to drink our Djs. cuz we would need it in the next match. who will be next? half life 2 o halo?... ****.. this going to be soo epic. stick this osom thread nao!.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom