• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for melee in "Game of the decade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stratford

Smash Champion
It's the calm before the storm... not sure when next round voting starts yet. For the Final 4, find a buddy to vote with. One of you voting for Melee, one voting against WoW. That's more efficient than going back and forth.

Also that macro would be ****.

Pi

Smash Hero
It's the calm before the storm... not sure when next round voting starts yet. For the Final 4, find a buddy to vote with. One of you voting for Melee, one voting against WoW. That's more efficient than going back and forth.

Also that macro would be ****.
I don't see why we would need to vote against wow.
If we were able to beat wow in another division why wouldn't we be able to beat it once we're up against it?

And I'd prefer to take out WoW 1v1 (nothing against wow, I like the game, but melee is...melee), not beat the game that beat WoW.

Whatever we're up against we'll win.

Stratford

Smash Champion
I don't see why we would need to vote against wow.
If we were able to beat wow in another division why wouldn't we be able to beat it once we're up against it?

And I'd prefer to take out WoW 1v1 (nothing against wow, I like the game, but melee is...melee), not beat the game that beat WoW.

Whatever we're up against we'll win.
I'd like to take out WoW as early as possible just on the off chance that when we face them in the finals, some WoWer won't come across this poll and be like, hey, wait, WoW's actually losing to SSBM, then tells the whole WoW community, and then we're ****ed. Because even if we vote nonstop, we're so heavily outnumbered that it would only take a small fraction of the WoW community to overcome us. Our number one strategy is stealth. Also, in the semifinals, we'll be voting with Half-life 2/Halo against WoW, so it will be 2 communities against 1, instead of 1v1. And we don't know who people with no particular allegience to either game will vote for in finals.

I do agree that we'd have a good chance against WoW in the finals, and winning that way would be more honorable, but I'm all for playing to win.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
melee getting off <3

Interesting list I suppose. Odd that its not OoT thats not first but rather the original.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Half-Life 2 must NOT win again. It took out the juggernaut of Mario; how do you take down someone as legendary as Mario?!
Melee MUST win. Keep up the voting, all; so far we're only 50 votes behind, but that could be the breaking point in the long run.

rhan

Smash Hero
WoW blows. >_>

Halo is just popularly played by infants. I wish I could help out..... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

G U R U

Smash Lord
Melee's winning as of this moment but not by much. WOW is ****** Halo with 80% of the votes.

Vote for Melee and Halo people! (I would've voted for Halo anyway :chuckle:)

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Just put in a hundred or so for Melee. Right now we're doing fine. Let's keep it up. We're in a good spot with 555 to 240. (We have 70% right now.)

Halo is getting its *** kicked though. 87 percent to 13. (763 to 111.) Dang.

EDIT:
Wow, nice guys! In about one minute Melee went up about 30 votes. GJ!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Me and my bros got melee against Half life. In the mean time, I need the entire smash community to go bust up WoW and vote for Halo. I want to see HALO vs Melee GF!! Eh, but if we have to face Wow, we'll bust those n1ggas anyway :)

jugfingers

Smash Champion
lol @ whoever was voting just now for melee, the votes went up like 5-6 at a time from 900 to 1000 and then everyone stopped voting, lol

so yea melee is owning half life.

wow is a formidable force but in the finals melee is gonna ****.

anyone watch john teti for World of Warcraft?

even though Wow is up against halo he specifically calls out melee, lol

I think hes on to us.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Rofl yeah I saw. "Nobody died playing super smash bros melee." Convenient how he didn't mention the hundreds of people who died or the suicides over halo. Lol.

Stev

Smash Ace
it's annoying reading the comments on how people call it "just a fighting game" and fail to realize what the game actually offers despite chain ace posting several times about it. People also fail to recognize the uniqueness of the game and how no other game is able to emulate it, unlike FPS's

Prawn

Smash Master
In the next round we need ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET.

Getting a mod to sticky this would be really awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom