• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for melee in "Game of the decade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawaiianJigglyPuff

Smash Ace
Wow! GG guys! I can't believe we ACTUALLY helped Halo win!

"We will be weeding out votes from vote spamming bots/schemes, so the results when polls close will not be final. This whole thing is all in good fun, but of course we still want it to be fair.

Scandal!!!!"
-This does scare me but I wonder if they can actually track our IP addresses. I doubt it since your IP changes all the time.

I guess we'll see tomorrow if we're fine or not.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
now we need to all get up bright and early and vote for melee alllllllllll day to beat halo

they proved (with our help) that they have the manpower to pull through at the last minute so it's going to be a tough fight LOL

what time does the poll open tomorrow?

jugfingers

Smash Champion
LOL get ***** WOW!

but if they actually have the ability to weed out multiple votes were ****ed.

whatever, if they can't stop us from re-voting, then lets rip this ***** tomorrow and if they give it to WoW we can always claim official victory anyways

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The worst that happens is WoW vs. Melee I think.

In which case.....do work again.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
my goal in winning this is to get more people involved in melee

i don't know if it'll happen, but you never know. people may be like 'Wow! (no pun) Melee beat x, y, z and won Game of the Decade?! Maybe I should look into this more"

More melee players (or even brawl players if they want to go for the newer game) would help the community. The more players, to me, the better for the community

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
I like how the Admin thinks Melee is a hardly known game compared to HL2.

It was the best selling GC game ever by a huge margin, and it was the go to party game until Brawl's release.

Stratford

Smash Champion
I would just like to say I love you all. Love.

I'm so ****ing proud right now.

Our mission is not complete yet, but I have great confidence in the matchup against Halo. Don't let their 5366 votes last round fool you. As we all know, there's a story behind that.

It's Grand Finals time. Once more we shall ride into battle.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
its funny that we beat WoW by 300 votes, and halflife by about 1000, even if they do put Wow in the finals I mean we had almost 9000 votes combined minus a few from people who actually voted for halo lol. put yea I mean either way if we start voting tomorrow eary, its pretty much GG

G U R U

Smash Lord
The admin of that site is the biggest ****ing ****** ever. Like no joke. Never have I seen someone so pig headed before. Clearly he's just qqing because we stomped HL2 (apparently his favorite game ever by the sounds of it),

I would register on there just to flame him to no end but I don't wanna get banned or something and then not be able to vote.

I guess I'll just rub it in his face after we win.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
"Just to repeat, these vote counts are not final. The ballot-stuffing was incredibly easy to identify and correct for. Real results, along with an explanation, will appear tomorrow morning."
-johnteti

lol no johns son

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
There also isn't any rule against the admins of the site getting butthurt because their favorite game didn't win, then changing the vote count at their own discretion.

Sorry, when somebody says that competitive Melee is about pressing buttons faster than the other guy and has no thought or creativity... I'm just sad. Not because he doesn't know. Lots of people don't know. But because he's ignorantly making that spurious claim out of pitiful fanboyism. He ignores the evidence presented to him, throws his little e-tantrum, and never once stops to go, "maybe the game responsible for a 100k+ community and nearly a decade of tournament play deserves a second look." It's just sad.

Maybe HL2 is technically "better." How the hell do you define better? By a poll? Well, you took a poll and it lost. Quit making your game look bad by association.

/rant

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Wow way to go wobbles i swear I HATE it when people tell S*** and say some retarted *** things about melee dude A noob told me the other day that brawl has equal tech skill to melee he didn't know anything about melee but he said he was so good he beat the whole game I tryed to explain to him I could beat him with the worse in the game without him being able to do anything so he called me a liar and wou;dn't take my $20 bet because he knew he knew nothing.

And this guy he hasn't played melee the way we do it's really fun to play with people and the tech skill gives you more reason to keep playing so you can get better without it you have an easy to reach limit then everyone is amazing at the game and it's impossblie to win with some people like worse than sheik vs pichu people would be broken and etc.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lol. I woke up to check who won, expecting WoW to win. But Halo put in WORK lol. Eitherway, their johns are that they are accusing Melee and Halo of using vote BOTS. ROFL. Nope, pure voting.

Prawn

Smash Master
gg halflife2 and WoW.

if the next poll opens and we're in it, we're gonna win

but I don't think they can even check the votes, I think they're going to assume we all cheated and kick us out. If this happens, we should launch a MASSIVE uproar against the site via comments.

Steelia

Smash Champion
gg halflife2 and WoW.

if the next poll opens and we're in it, we're gonna win

but I don't think they can even check the votes, I think they're going to assume we all cheated and kick us out. If this happens, we should launch a MASSIVE uproar against the site via comments.
I could live with that.
They wanted our votes, we're giving them... We're showing our dedication; wasn't that the point? If WoW and Half-Life 2 people had been the same, they had just as much chance of winning as Melee and even Halo did.

Butthurt-admin needs to grow a pair and think outside the box.

Prawn

Smash Master
we should just multivote for both candidates and **** up their results lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
we should call them out on this. There was nothing in the voting rules that said multiple votes from the same IP was illegal or could be grounds for disqualification.

IMO they just saw their picks didnt win and looked for any excuse to change the winners.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
yea they definitely just picked their favorites, cause they boldly claim that there was no evidence of cheating in previous rounds, and we all know thats not the case lol.

yea I say we multivote for one or the other or both just to **** up there poll lol.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
BULLLLLLSHIIITT! The fact that we had that many votes from one IP means we're that much more dedicated! FUUCK Crispy Gamer. And I'm almost 100000% certain that Half Life didnt get those votes.

Cowclops

Smash Rookie
As much as I love smash brothers melee, I have to comment on your little campaign here.

There are usually two types of interpretations of rules - the letter of the rule, and the spirit of the rule. Regardless of whether "multivoting" is explicitly banned or not, a reasonable adult should be able to judge that 1700 votes coming from a single IP address is an example of abusing the system to push your agenda. If a game wins with ballot stuffing but loses miserably without it, what does that say about the popularity of the game?

Personally, Half Life 2 is my favorite game of all time but I'm prepared to accept a WoW victory - I don't even like WoW but I recognize its immense popularity. However, I also recognize the relative lack of (modern) popularity of a game released 7 years ago for a long-forgotten system. I had fun playing it back then as did a whole bunch of other people. But, sorry guys, its simply not game-of-the-decade material. It may be your favorite game of all time and I respect that opinion, but its simply not capable of winning without unsavory measures to inflate the scores.

You could have won fair and square if you actually got your forum members to vote legitimately, but instead you lost miserably because you relied on a limited number of people stuffing the ballots. Instead of trying to argue silly loopholes, you should just accept that SSBM as the cult classic that it is.

Instead of screwing with the tallies for HL2 vs WoW, why not just vote for the game you like the most or not vote at all if you don't agree with either of the games? That would be a respectul response to a loss. After all - you should be happy that your game got to the final 4 at all, I would have predicted its elimination far earlier.

Stratford

Smash Champion
"Was there skulduggery afoot? As it happens, yes. Incredibly clumsy skulduggery."

No johns.

"Somebody at IP XXX.225.83.119 voted for Super Smash Bros. a whopping 1,692 times."

Good **** to whoever that was.

"Not to be outdone, a gremlin at XXX.233.205.51 cast 2,228 rapid-fire ballots for Halo -- all by his lonesome!"

Hahaha I got a shoutout.

"Oh, and in case you're wondering, this is the first evidence we've had of tampering; all the earlier polls were legit."

lol.... no? Check again.

Basically they had to say that so the whole tournament would seem legit. They obviously didn't care about multivoting until it interfered with what they thought should be the results, and WoW and Half-life 2 getting knocked out was not a part of their plan.

They think multivoting is cheating just like wavedashing is cheating. Can't keep up so they choose not to play. Crispygamer can't handle our tech skill.

I'm still proud of you all. We showed our support for Melee and pissed off a bunch of haters. We know we are victorious.

Melee 4 Life

rhan

Smash Hero
"Somebody at IP XXX.225.83.119 voted for Super Smash Bros. a whopping 1,692 times."

Good **** to whoever that was.

"Not to be outdone, a gremlin at XXX.233.205.51 cast 2,228 rapid-fire ballots for Halo -- all by his lonesome!"

Hahaha I got a shoutout.
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Gremlin........

Basically they had to say that so the whole tournament would seem legit. They obviously didn't care about multivoting until it interfered with what they thought should be the results, and WoW and Half-life 2 getting knocked out was not a part of their plan.

They think multivoting is cheating just like wavedashing is cheating. Can't keep up so they choose not to play. Crispygamer can't handle our tech skill.

I'm still proud of you all. We showed our support for Melee and pissed off a bunch of haters. We know we are victorious.

Melee 4 Life
Dey mad cuz we stylin on 'em wit our wavecheatin'.:cool:

Seriously 1,692 vote from one comp? That made me go DAAAAYUM right in the middle of class.

I love Smashers. <3

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure it wasn't even teh melee win that pissed them off, it was the WoW loss.

Stev

Smash Ace
I think it was the combination. Cuz they could accept HL2 winning over halo, but there is NO way that SSBM would win over Halo which they think should have lost to WoW which they think WOULD have beaten melee, if that makes any sense

Anth0ny

Smash Master
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Melee is easily the game of the decade in my book (since everyone seems to think Majora's Mask wasn't made this decade). No johns crispy gamer, and gg to smashboards :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom