• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for melee in "Game of the decade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
I've voted a lot for melee and I think we would have a lot better chance against WoW if we not only have this in site wide announcements, but on AIB, Gamefaqs, and other sites. Only problem with having this on the sitewide announcements is that MLG supports WoW. As it currently stands, if the WoW community gets wind of this they could win without having to have people vote multiple times. They outnumber us about 100-1(probably a lot more though). If we had 20 people voting at least 300 times an hour we can pretty much destroy the competition. Melee deserves to win and we can't let the odds discourage us. Go and vote now!
What this man said.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
you know how hardcore WoW fans are, even if WoW loses theres a chance they might all just vote for halo in the finals to beat melee. but if your voting for halo keep an eye on melee just in case half life starts gaining ground

also im having trouble revoting, deleting my history doesn't seem to work anymore. anyone else having this problem and is there something else I should do, I want to make sure I can help out melee tomorrow

Stratford

Smash Champion
Melee's slowly building its lead. Meanwhile, Halo just gained 200 more on WoW in just over 10 minutes. I can tell there's a few people voting with me. We could seriously take WoW out now. Just need a bit more backup.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
of course their cheating, 4,500 people haven't voted for wow, probably like only twenty people have been voting for melee maybe less, and we have almost 4000 votes

if they aren't cheating then melee has no chance in the finals! lol

AXE 09

Smash Master
good luck tomorrow guys. i have finals all day tomorrow, so i hope you guys tear things up in this competition! you guys got this!!!

Stratford

Smash Champion
Stop and think about this for a second. If we take out WoW now, the tournament's over. Melee wins. No competition left alive. Less time for WoWers to find out about this and have millions of people voting in finals. I've been voting pretty much alone for Halo for like 2 hours, and we've gone from 2200 down to 1300 down. We have 2 more hours. We can honestly do this. WoW's vote count is going up really slowly. I've been able to gain 100 votes in ground every like 10 minutes, and that's me alone.

Let's focus our efforts for Halo. We can end this tonight.

http://worldofraids.com/wow-blue-tra...inal-four.html

Vulcan55

Smash Lord

Clint_Eastwood

Smash Apprentice
You guys just killed the integrity of the poll. Congrats. Melee would've beat out HL2 without all your mass voting, but you know what? WoW is going to win. You know why? Because millions of people play it. It's a silly online poll, go do something useful with your time.

If you think that Melee is the greatest game of all time, then believe that. Be thankful that we have such a strong community for a game that is 8 years old. Winning some lame contest isn't going to give us anything as a reward and it isn't going change the minds of all those WoW or Halo players. People will have forgotten about this thing in a month. And cheating is so ****ing pathetic guys, seriously.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
people are starting to spam votes for WoW, now.

EDIT: LOL, which one of you is Prawn?

EDIT2: OK, how do I spam the votes properly?

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
GUYS stop posting in there.. cuz they would not understand the reason of Why Melee is too Good. lets focus on voting for melee and halo. let those casual "expert" gamers keep talking sh.it about it. they fear and jealous about our partnership.

The Key to Win is by voting not by Arguing.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
You guys just killed the integrity of the poll. Congrats. Melee would've beat out HL2 without all your mass voting, but you know what? WoW is going to win. You know why? Because millions of people play it. It's a silly online poll, go do something useful with your time.

If you think that Melee is the greatest game of all time, then believe that. Be thankful that we have such a strong community for a game that is 8 years old. Winning some lame contest isn't going to give us anything as a reward and it isn't going change the minds of all those WoW or Halo players. People will have forgotten about this thing in a month. And cheating is so ****ing pathetic guys, seriously.
Go kill yourself.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
GUYS stop posting in there.. cuz they would not understand the reason of Why Melee is too Good. lets focus on voting for melee and halo. let those casual "expert" gamers keep talking sh.it about it. they fear and jealous about our partnership.

The Key to Win is by voting not by Arguing.

Vro

Smash Lord
What I find most interesting is the general public's misconception of what Melee is. Prawn said things like, it's one of the most revolutionary and beautiful mistakes ever made, but I doubt any of the non-players understand. One guy said, "it's a matter of pushing buttons faster than the other person." It's all about pressing buttons correctly in timed sequences at the right times. Not only is Melee's APM pretty demanding, it's decisions per minute (especially so in micro spacing) compares to that of city driving.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
we are so close guys.. cmon

World of Warcraft 50% (5,001 votes)
Halo: Combat Evolved 50% (5,058 votes)

now lets keep voting until we make a big difference in the percents. also dont forget voting for melee cuz the hl2 dudes would to do a comeback. keep tracking both of the voting polls.

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
yo clint if you have one please dont wasted... you have better stuff than posting in a forum... so peace-off.

Let the Lifeless dudes alone and doing what they want.

ANYWAYS LETS KEEP VOTING HALO MUST **** WOW AND MELEE HAVE TO JV4stock HL2.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
"We will be weeding out votes from vote spamming bots/schemes, so the results when polls close will not be final. This whole thing is all in good fun, but of course we still want it to be fair."

Somebody posted this comment on their site. You guys think it's legit?

alejandroidex

Smash Apprentice
Guys we did it!!! WOW is now out. and melee **** Hl2.

Results
Super Smash Bros Melee 56% (4322 votes)
Half-Life 2 44% (3417 votes)
Total Votes: 7739

World of Warcraft 49% (5058 votes)
Halo: Combat Evolved 51% (5366 votes)
Total Votes: 10424

Pi

Smash Hero
"We will be weeding out votes from vote spamming bots/schemes, so the results when polls close will not be final. This whole thing is all in good fun, but of course we still want it to be fair."

Somebody posted this comment on their site. You guys think it's legit?
I think what we think doesn't matter much
We'll see tomorrow I guess lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom