• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote for melee in "Game of the decade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Smash Hero
Let's all go say we voted for wow/HL2 a bunch of times and they're lying if they said the other polls were legit.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
To be fair... Smash cheated. I think from a bunch of different design perspectives it outclasses HL2 and WoW and Halo, but it did not win the poll straight up, so no johns.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
As much as I love smash brothers melee, I have to comment on your little campaign here.

There are usually two types of interpretations of rules - the letter of the rule, and the spirit of the rule. Regardless of whether "multivoting" is explicitly banned or not, a reasonable adult should be able to judge that 1700 votes coming from a single IP address is an example of abusing the system to push your agenda. If a game wins with ballot stuffing but loses miserably without it, what does that say about the popularity of the game?

Personally, Half Life 2 is my favorite game of all time but I'm prepared to accept a WoW victory - I don't even like WoW but I recognize its immense popularity. However, I also recognize the relative lack of (modern) popularity of a game released 7 years ago for a long-forgotten system. I had fun playing it back then as did a whole bunch of other people. But, sorry guys, its simply not game-of-the-decade material. It may be your favorite game of all time and I respect that opinion, but its simply not capable of winning without unsavory measures to inflate the scores.

You could have won fair and square if you actually got your forum members to vote legitimately, but instead you lost miserably because you relied on a limited number of people stuffing the ballots. Instead of trying to argue silly loopholes, you should just accept that SSBM as the cult classic that it is.

Instead of screwing with the tallies for HL2 vs WoW, why not just vote for the game you like the most or not vote at all if you don't agree with either of the games? That would be a respectul response to a loss. After all - you should be happy that your game got to the final 4 at all, I would have predicted its elimination far earlier.
Your a gentleman troll here but a total hater troll on the crispy gamer forums, but either way YOU MAD SON!

"The SSBM fanbase could use a little bit of growing up" -Cowclopse

"Not to be outdone, a gremlin at XXX.233.205.51 cast 2,228 rapid-fire ballots for Halo -- all by his lonesome!"

Hahaha I got a shoutout.
are you saying it was you? if so good ****.

Silhouette

Smash Lord
"Oh, and in case you're wondering, this is the first evidence we've had of tampering; all the earlier polls were legit."

lol.... no? Check again.

Basically they had to say that so the whole tournament would seem legit. They obviously didn't care about multivoting until it interfered with what they thought should be the results, and WoW and Half-life 2 getting knocked out was not a part of their plan.
Did you spam votes before? if so that proves all of this as illegitimate.

I've resorted to just trolling the **** out of them, lulz
<3 you Prawn

Prawn

Smash Master
illegitimate or not we still kicked major *** and made a bunch of PC gamers QQ

jugfingers

Smash Champion
lol I had lots of fun doing this anyways,

who think its ironic that the admin who changed the results name is john LOL.

no johns kid.

everyone knows melee actually won.

ru5514n

Smash Ace
Well, their website is clearly bullcrap.

Still good **** guys! 2,000 votes for Halo, god**** Stratford.

Lol at the admin's name, but unfortunetely, the joke would be lost on him.

MELEE 4 LIFE!!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
"It's also worth noting how honest the WoW and HL2 voters were -- their numbers are squeaky clean"

I really doubt that I only voted once I should have 3 times cause of my brothers but whatever. And why is melee 8th now? That's some bull crap yeah that site is P*** poor you really should have it equal don't even let that happen and I think they wanted to do that did you see the halo guy? But hey let's be smart wtich game is played the most as of now lasting forever but anyways we way out did brawl

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So, Melee get's disqualified for having too few unique IPs. w/e, I thought this poll was ******** before and after melee was in it. However it does seem interesting that the only reason the admin looked into any of this is because his precious Half Life 2 ended up losing.

I propose an idea. Instead of *****ing, complaining or doing anything counterproductive that would really just prove the admins point, I say we all vote for Half Life 2. Alot. Like, every few minutes. Stuff it's ballot box so much that it can't possibly lose. If the admin ignores the inflation and just says "Half Life 2 wins", then we know he's playing favorites. If, on the other hand, he realizes the votes for it have been tampered with, he will at least check to actually see.

Also, if you really do love WoW and want to vote for it, feel free./

Wednesday

Smash Rookie
Wow, you Nintendo fanboys are pathetic. Quit bawwwing about how a superior video game is beating your horrible one, especially when it has legitimate votes. This just proves that PC gaming > console gaming, even if it's just because PC gaming doesn't have as many crying kids like Nintendo's console.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Wow, you Nintendo fanboys are pathetic. Quit bawwwing about how a superior video game is beating your horrible one, especially when it has legitimate votes. This just proves that PC gaming > console gaming, even if it's just because PC gaming doesn't have as many crying kids like Nintendo's console.
lol @ another fanboy

PC FPS*>console FPS

Console fighters>PC fighters

Get it right. The admins didnt even care/notice until their favorite lost and QQed.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
WHat?YOu dumb*** the poll has been messed with you retart that why people are so D*** P***ed I mean really the only nintendo game I played before smash was pokemon and I slowly lost enjoyment of it. No we like this game and why would you bash someone for liking a good or better game which melee is at least amazing

Wednesday

Smash Rookie
Isn't SSBM meant for kids anyway? Grow up and play a real game like HL2 or WoW. Even Halo.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Isn't SSBM meant for kids anyway? Grow up and play a real game like HL2 or WoW. Even Halo.
No?
Halo is one of the most watered down FPSs there are.
WoW is good, but...

go play both those games and it is littered with kids. Smash is heavily populated by late teens-early twenties.

HL2 is just...decent and didn't revolutionize anything. It's engine did.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
So, Melee get's disqualified for having too few unique IPs. w/e, I thought this poll was ******** before and after melee was in it. However it does seem interesting that the only reason the admin looked into any of this is because his precious Half Life 2 ended up losing.

I propose an idea. Instead of *****ing, complaining or doing anything counterproductive that would really just prove the admins point, I say we all vote for Half Life 2. Alot. Like, every few minutes. Stuff it's ballot box so much that it can't possibly lose. If the admin ignores the inflation and just says "Half Life 2 wins", then we know he's playing favorites. If, on the other hand, he realizes the votes for it have been tampered with, he will at least check to actually see.

Also, if you really do love WoW and want to vote for it, feel free./
i 100% back this logic

Wednesday

Smash Rookie
i 100% back this logic
The problem is he's not using logic. All of you are so mad that they didn't let your precious game win because you all completely stuffed the voting (in fact, SSBM was the least of the four with unique IPs). You're all acting like children.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
It's not even the fact that melee was d/q'd that annoys me, it obviously SHOULD be when one person votes for it over 1000 times, it's the fact that the admin only cared after his game of choice lost. If he really cared he would have noticed that this has probably been happening since round one. Instead we get this:

(Oh, and in case you're wondering, this is the first evidence we've had of tampering; all the earlier polls were legit.)
Which pretty much just says to me "****, they might notice we haven't been paying attention till the game I didn't want to lose lost. Let's just lie about it."

Wednesday

Smash Rookie
LOL, I can't believe you're all still justifying it. You probably think OJ is innocent.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
someone called the prawn troll LOL

wendesday if you're going to just ***** at us then just leave. i can't speak on behalf of the smashers who flooded your site because i'm not one of them, but I don't think they should be *****ing at you on your site and you shouldn't be *****ing at us on ours. Bye

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Hey F*** off unless you have something worth saying I will always listen but your saying we should all say F*** melee and go play halo wtf's wrong with you? melee is on the list for a reason not because a few nerds like wding or something no halo and other games have a capped limit you can't sore any higher melee we haven't even seen the limit.

Wednesday

Smash Rookie
Hey F*** off unless you have something worth saying I will always listen but your saying we should all say F*** melee and go play halo wtf's wrong with you? melee is on the list for a reason not because a few nerds like wding or something no halo and other games have a capped limit you can't sore any higher melee we haven't even seen the limit.
I know an eight-year-old that type better than you. I'm not kidding one bit. He can form coherent sentences with proper grammar.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
so keep stuffing half-life 2

EDIT: older than u

and notice how both games' votes dropped significantly from last round
*cough*

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
You sick b***** I,m delexic hey man you just when to far ok. Do you even play melee? anwser or I,m going to get a mod to ban you DO YOU PLAY SSBM? DO YOU EVEN PLAY WITH TECHS? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT YOUR TALKING ABOUT?

Doromac

Smash Journeyman
He is trolling you bro. Don't activate his trap card!
Wednesday, please don't respond so childishly. I have not seen such as bad of a troll as you in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom