• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vote: X or Y to jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

tshahi10

Smash Ace
one could be short hop. one could be full jump as they say they want to make brawl with better aerials and noobs cant press x/y in less than 4 frames, so it will be a comfort.
plus like the opening vid, they used shorthop in the trailer a lot

DSMANIAC92

Smash Cadet
Keep X and Y both as jump buttons.

I wouldn't mind them taking off control stick up for jump cause uptilts would be easier
have you ever thought of the people who ARN'T n00bs and use the proper jumping technique. There is a reason why in the "how to" video it says "use up to jump" then a couple of seconds later it says "you can also use X and Y". the only thing i use X and Y for is wavedashing and i dont do tht much.

smash~bomber

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere where it's not quite hot, but not quite
have you ever thought of the people who ARN'T n00bs and use the proper jumping technique. There is a reason why in the "how to" video it says "use up to jump" then a couple of seconds later it says "you can also use X and Y". the only thing i use X and Y for is wavedashing and i dont do tht much.
could you be any more insulting? -_-;

btw, nice spelling there...

greenblob

Smash Lord
Learn to short hop, noob.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
Y is by far the most comfortable for me, just sliding my thumb across real quick. I guess X is for quick tappers, and Y is more for people who slide their thumb across.

I could be wrong though.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Y for me, although for a very long time I only used up to jump until I started playing around with POS controllers and started using Y as I found that it's faster then using up.

Irreguardless I bought some more Platenium controllers after I got sick of the cheap knockoffs.

Hopefully Brawl will use them so I didn't just buy them for Melee.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
i think that would be dumb becuase i use up to jump when im doing rising attacks i also use y to jump when i do multi-shines and x for short hopping and wd'ing so i guess i use all the buttons
but i do think they should take "a" off of z becuz that just gets in my way and i also find it rarely annoying to do tilts sometmes and smashes come out

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Y is where it's at. It forms a sacred triad with A and B. I never use X.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I vote for Both, even though I only use X.

Some people like to use Y to jump and I don't think that should be taken away.

rsc_390

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys really think its that easy for everyone to convert? for those of you in this thread who have been saying they should make X/Y wavedash or w/e, shame shame. Not everyone can switch, and comfort in jumping takes priority over comfort in wavedashing. (I know for a fact that I cannot use X instead of Y).

So yeah. I use Y.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
seriously, i am interested how do you hold the controller?
We'll, i know you're addressing Creo, but this is how i hold my controller

note: Thats not my thumb lulz. For those who were wondering.

As I said earlier, I rest the joint of my thumb on the A button and I simply straighten my thumb to press the A button. So while SHFFLing, You'd just see my thumb bending and straightening.

Haha, it may seem awkward to most but it's really comfortable for me. haha

DoctorChuk

Smash Apprentice
^ I ditto his comments. That's exactly how I hold it. X is so far away from everything else, especially the B button. I've always played with the ball of my thumbs, never the tips, since the NES days.

A lifetime of gaming and bowling has left my "thumb-balls" very calloused and almost completely devoid of any feeling. Rock on. Y fo' life.

Death to the X-ers.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
I'd vote to use X for jumping if they HAVE to use up one of the buttons for something else, but otherwise... keep it how it is. Both.

(I use X)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
seriously, i am interested how do you hold the contoller?
Well I will either hold my left hand normally and my right not actually holding the controler but pressing the buttons.
Either that or I hold left a little diagonle and my right kind of sideways.

I can hold like above too but I use my fingertips.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
You probably don't need to necro threads for 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom