• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vro Zone II. | Chicago Suburbs | Get ready for Sakurai 3!

john!

Smash Hero
^ Go to tourneys, go to smashfests, get destroyed by good players, get better, become a good player, destroy newer players. A year ago I was like you guys. Skill comes naturally over time.

Tourney results are so random lol. Just a number usually doesn't tell the whole story.

Also our crew *****. Good job guys.

GGs everyone else.

kfreshz

Smash Rookie
Yeah like Nub said, thanks for hosting us and also thanks for the advice. We're going to try to go to some more tournaments and hopefully Vro Zone and few more time this summer (to get owned by you guys haha)

But anyway, thanks for the GGs

darkatma

Smash Hero
@ .nub: strive to play people around your level or who are slightly better than you if you want to improve your consistency.

then once you think you're getting decent enough, search out good people and ask them for advice after playing them, or ask them to play certain matchups. this'll help you learn matchups better/beat out your bad habits.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Fixed:

1. Kels
2. Tink
3. Vro
4. Rat
5. AnDaLe
5. Dart
7. Sveet
7. Trail
9. Chris
9. PEEF!!
13. George
------ pool line

This was really fun, might do individual shouts, but I had tons of fun playing everyone and getting some sweet practice.

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
^ Go to tourneys, go to smashfests, get destroyed by good players, get better, become a good player, destroy newer players. A year ago I was like you guys. Skill comes naturally over time.

Tourney results are so random lol. Just a number usually doesn't tell the whole story.

Also our crew *****. Good job guys.

GGs everyone else.
yea john, u got a lot better since last time i played you, which was like at POE3, two weeks ago O.o

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
i wish i could somehow go to these lol, everyone on that list is so much better than me/mn it would be so easy mode to improve!

what are your guys' plans for apex for those who are going? that would be sweet to train for like the week before with u guys then fly from there or w/e u guys are doing :)

Tomacawk

Smash Master
we're driving to APEX, and it's gunna suck balls. sveet said it's $75 per person for gas but idk if it's gunna cost *that* much. DJ has a car going from Purdue, and Sveet has a car going from chicago. as far as I know, that is it

Tomacawk

Smash Master
yeah i can't do 75 for gas then like 35 for the whole tourney...THEN FOOD. yeah, thats ridiculous
+ hotel fee (99$ per night, split however many ways), and the tourny is actually 55$ if you register now (I registered when it was 50)
I'm scoping out flight information, it's just under 300$ for a round trip. Not that bad IMO but I still think it's out of my price range.

Dart!

Smash Master
+ hotel fee (99$ per night, split however many ways), and the tourny is actually 55$ if you register now (I registered when it was 50)
I'm scoping out flight information, it's just under 300$ for a round trip. Not that bad IMO but I still think it's out of my price range.
yeah instead of apex i think peoria and springfield should discuss another TIMS

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
GGs everyone.

New people, awesome to see you here. Keep practicing, you will get alot better in the beginning! You guys have the basic tech skill down, which is a good first step.

Vro thanks for having us, as always.

Kels choked in crews.

Dart!

Smash Master
GGs everyone.

New people, awesome to see you here. Keep practicing, you will get alot better in the beginning! You guys have the basic tech skill down, which is a good first step.

Vro thanks for having us, as always.

Kels choked in crews.
more like the addition of ptown put a bit of a dent in kels' usually 12 stock taking in crews :laugh:

next time i might actually play a part in it though >.<

DeezNutZ

Smash Journeyman
gg's everyone

good **** trail on completing the first step

peef play by the rules

sveet it was cool teaming and going on a beer adventure

Vro land mines is 2 good

to the new people good playing you keep practicing

john!

Smash Hero
I flew to Pound for 150 round trip. Anyone else flying? What are your hotel/driving plans? Might as well discuss it here.

edit: aww **** it's like 300 now...

edit2: lol thanks andale, this sounds like a huge john but i washed my hands right before i played you, so all the warming up i did kind of left me cuz i had cold hands. i actually played decently though after that.

Vro

Smash Lord
I am already registered for Apex and am flying there. I am buying a hotel and seeing as how many of these close MW smashers are poor as **** and need some help, I will not be splitting a room with HondaFoo, and letting anyone who comes to these get essentially free housing in my hotel room. Booking hotel soon.

oh dang every sat. is a tourny?
Yes. Sometimes when there is enough attendance we do $5 tourneys on Tues/Thur. Saturday the tourneys are pre-planned and have an increased venue fee of $5 (waived for setup). Can't wait to play you R bros.

Bigleo55

Smash Cadet
Wow. This is just what I was looking for. You live like 20 minutes away from me(I'm in Riverside). My name is Matt, haven't played in many tourneys but I'm pretty good. I'd love to get in on one of these Saturday tourneys. I mainly play singles because I don't have a doubles partner to play with, will that be a problem?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I think teczero will house me/my car for apex, but i can't drive to this (willing to pay gas/navigate as i've done the drive before). The only things stopping me from registering right now is the lack of a teammate. Bzoo is officially not going so i'm looking for someone with good teamwork.

Vro

Smash Lord
Sveet that is a huge ***** reason not to go. You don't know how many people picked teammates at Pound. You don't have to sign up for it either. And no matter who you team with the result is the same. No johns. My hotel room will still provide housing to any regulars of the Vro Zone.

Hello Matt. You're welcome to come to any of the three days of the week I host something. Please be sure to read the OP thoroughly and to contact me before you arrive. Teams is very lax; don't put think too seriously about that event. Most people do not consistently team with the same person/find someone during signups. Hope to see you.

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
at pound 4 me + john9blue almost beat trail + vro in teams pools 2-0, but i sucked it up in a 1v1 vs carys falco at the end of game 2

moral of the story, joe, you wont make it out of pools in teams. The two teams from our pool that did were (1) adam + amsah and(2) g-reg+ KM, trail + vro got 3rd, me + john got 4th, some other team got 5th.

more proof trail sucks in teams

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
it wont stop me from going, i just cant register until i decide if im doing teams or not.

george, cool story: i've made it out of teams pools at every smym i've entered and at poe me and chris almost upset viperboy/watty 2-0 in losers bracket. Moral of the story: I love teams.

Tink

Smash Hero
it wont stop me from going, i just cant register until i decide if im doing teams or not.

george, cool story: i've made it out of teams pools at every smym i've entered and at poe me and chris almost upset viperboy/watty 2-0 in losers bracket. Moral of the story: MW loves teams.
edited for correctness....i still really wanna go to apex, just dont know if ill have enough money to go or not. i kinda squandered my for sure shot at poe -_-....but ima still try. whats kellys plans for going? not at all?

edit: when are vids coming andallllle? i wanna see me own rat up =).

iamthemicrowave

Smash Master
lol. you said you didn't register because you didn't have a teammate. im saying it doesn't matter who you team with cuz ur gonna get *****. i never said dont enter or tried to discourage you

Rat

Smash Lord
big shout-out to nub, kfresh, g0su, godli, and bounty. You'll played really well for your first tournament. (Much better than my first.)

For advice that I could give (I think I played all of you): work on your basic tech skill. By that I mean L-cancels (wavedashes, wave-lands and stuff too). You need to have 90-100% accuracy with that.
The next part of getting better is just experience. You need to learn how everyone else plays: their basic approaches, mix-ups, and set-ups. Don't stress that too much as that comes with time.

I hope that the experience wasn't too terrible, as starting off is rough. If you get discouraged look to Kels for inspiration. He used to be terrible at this game. I mean really really bad. He basically lost all the time for a year straight. But now he wins most tournaments he enters.

Anyways GGs and I hope to see you all again! ^^

Rat

Smash Lord
Sorry double post:

edit: when are vids coming andallllle? i wanna see me own rat up =).
What is this!? Just wait till I stop choking, imma mess you up ;P .

(also stop being good dammit! Let other people win every now and then.)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah, the new players were fun and all pretty good for being at their first tourney. Hope you guys had fun watching my ICs =DD

BTW the Fro is a legendary hero

Vro

Smash Lord
If you get discouraged look to Kels for inspiration. He used to be is terrible at this game. I mean really really bad. He basically lost all the time for a year straight. But now he has so much techskill that he wins most tournaments he enters.
10kels never got good

Top Bottom