• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Time: Wario's Weekly Matchups. Week 9- Olimar

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
MK is really gay. Get a percent lead and wait for him to whiff something for you to dair into him.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Fiction is amazing. I saw some of your stuff from BIO, Rising dair to pivot bite? Man...

Anyways, can MK SL out of shield while the dair is drilling him? Or does he have to wait till you retreat, and then SL as you slip out of range?

Also, how would you get around a MK that fair walls, and then when you AD to him to grab he walks away and f-tilts?

Popertop

Smash Champion
Why do people call that the Fiction combo (or since when)? I'm pretty sure I was using that at the same time if not before he was, and I got it listed through these threads and stuff... I've always been the largest proponent of neutral air for Wario -_- It's also just two nairs, and the fsmash is escapable if they quickly DI away (they'll likely perfect shield it; I don't think they can escape if they're heavies, though). It usually catches people off guard, though. I know that I'm not as good a player, but not getting recognized for things that I've pioneered is a peeve of mine (next thing you know jab cancel > fsmash will be attributed to someone else :()

The Fiction combo involved footstooling after dairs, there's even a youtube video.

Smashville and FD are your ideal stages, after that I usually go to PS1 (do not get close to them during pretty much all the transformations). Stages where they can shark you from below are not very optimal. Stages with large platforms or other places for them to camp under with aerials are BAD. Lylat just is very good for MK in general. I've never tried going to Castle Siege, but it seems like another good place to go. Just camp the first "stage" and wait for the next one, and ideally the third.
sorry to burst your bubble, but jab > smash has been around since melee :p

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i know this has already been asked, but are there any fancy air releases on mk? i know some chars can regrab him so i was wondering if mk could be maybe faired or something from an air release?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
We can only do a Grab Release > DACUS, but it's DIable.

And who cares if it was around before if no one did it in Brawl with Wario until I started it? >: (

MrEh

Smash Hero
We can only do a Grab Release > DACUS, but it's DIable.
There's actually one other option, but it's so situational that it's useless. If you have a tire by your feet, you can grab release, pick up the tire, and Glide Toss Waft.

So yeah, pretty dumb.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Wow I'm wondering how you know this information which contradicts my information when I was ACTUALLY THERE and COACHING Gmoney.

Sorry if I'm being harsh but I don't like it when someone talks like that about my family
Actually... err... I didn't say anything bad about Gmoney. o_o
I'd really just like to avoid this drama...

Edit: I recall MC wanting to know when we Marios are discussing Wario. I decided to go ahead and start the discussion.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=227291

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well we've got all the information we need, but we need numbers here. iirc, it was believed the matchup was even, are we going with that?

OverLade

Smash Hero
Wow I'm wondering how you know this information which contradicts my information when I was ACTUALLY THERE and COACHING Gmoney.

Sorry if I'm being harsh but I don't like it when someone talks like that about my family
I'm a horrible person. I planked because I wanted to win and because I wanted to see what it was like.

Regardless I BOUGHT GMONEY KFC at the following tournament in apology. I believe planking is ******** and should be banned, but I also believe that norfair is ******** and should be banned as well. If he hadnt taken me to Norfair I wouldn't have planked him.

Get at me. =D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd rather make 150 more bucks than get a 10 dollar meal of chicken, to be honest.

Also, I found it oh so hard to not make a racist joke, haha. <3 FL

OverLade

Smash Hero
I'd rather make 150 more bucks than get a 10 dollar meal of chicken, to be honest.

Also, I found it oh so hard to not make a racist joke, haha. <3 FL
Lol the pot of the tournament was actually about 10 bucks XD

And Gmoney originally wanted a Big Mac, but being the black man I am I had to switch it up on him. =D :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I love RedHalberd... a new rule should be planking should be banned except if you buy the other person KFC XD
If I host a tourney I'll be sure to incorporate that XD.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm a horrible person. I planked because I wanted to win and because I wanted to see what it was like.

Regardless I BOUGHT GMONEY KFC at the following tournament in apology. I believe planking is ******** and should be banned, but I also believe that norfair is ******** and should be banned as well. If he hadnt taken me to Norfair I wouldn't have planked him.

Get at me. =D
holy **** we are th esame person

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Toon Link's are discussing Wario stage counterpicks and bans!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209912

It'll only take like 2-3 minutes. Just post what you think is a good/ bad stage for Wario (against Toon Link) and why.
It can be like one sentence or something. Just put some amount of an explanation please. ^_^

I'm sure a few of the Wario mains have Toon Link experience. =)

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I watched the videos of PhantomX vs Tyrant's MK...

would you say that baiting a fair, then FFing to the ground and biking into MK beats his fairwall?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I thought this was supposed to be weekly? Shouldn't have the discussion ended yesterday?

Anyway, I think you should talk about Diddy next and G&W, Olimar, and ZSS in the near future.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I thought this was supposed to be weekly? Shouldn't have the discussion ended yesterday?

Anyway, I think you should talk about Diddy next and G&W, Olimar, and ZSS in the near future.
We would, but we lack a lot of information to really call it done.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
We would, but we lack a lot of information to really call it done.
Are you sure? You've got about 100 posts of good information here, that's almost 4 times the amount I had when I had to write up a matchup summary for MK for the Dedede boards.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Are you sure? You've got about 100 posts of good information here, that's almost 4 times the amount I had when I had to write up a matchup summary for MK for the Dedede boards.
Bah, I'll try and take care of it tomorrow. I'm too **** lazy to do it now.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I watched the videos of PhantomX vs Tyrant's MK...

would you say that baiting a fair, then FFing to the ground and biking into MK beats his fairwall?
I already said that was one of the best ways to get around it. It's easy to condition MKs into brickwalling with fairs.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Generally it's better to start with the bad matchups first than working your way down the tier list imo.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
You guys are crazy! ;)

...:027:

Gmoney "combo" is D@CUS~KFC!!1 :p

edit: I think the main points of the MK matchup were covered well (Snake should be done next)...

Gichan

Smash Champion
No I can see what he means. We haven't talked about set-ups, or what to look out for to kill. Like I would like to know, when would be the best time to use a fart on MK? Or what moves he does to my shield will allow me to **** him with something?

We talked about the fair-wall and it seems we can either do a timed fsmash, bait then bike, airdodge behind them, or wait until they approach with fair then own.

We spoke about recovering high up with the bike rather than trying to grab the ledge by using the bike. this helps a bit with gimps.

But what move of MK's is a combo breaker move that we should watch out for, like Luigi's nair. We gotta just get a bit more points about approaches or whatever excellence suggested in some pages back, that I can't recall right now.

And yes, the next matchup should be one of our bad ones, or annoying ones, like Luigi, Diddy, DDD, or something of the sort.

Excellence

Smash Champion
How about this for "approaching"?

Wario's approach is a little dependent on what the Meta Knight player when either approaching or defending himself against Wario. If he's approaching with Forward Aerial, Wario can air dodge through it and punish. If they're doing rising Downard Aerial, you can spot dodge them, Upward Aerial them, or Upward Tilt them. If Meta Knight is using retreating Forward Aerials, its very difficult to get inside, but you shouldn't try to punish unless Meta Knight makes a very obvious slip up. When they initially start the Forward Aerial, you can use your own Forward Aerial to get inside. You can also bait Meta Knight into using Forward Aerial and with a well spaced shield you can grab him. There is also grooming the Meta Knight into repeatidly using Forward Aerial then using Bike to ram into him as he touches the ground. If the stage is smaller or you're more confined, you could jump over his Forward Aerial and DAir him or use the super armor frames on a boosted Forward Smash to hit him through his attack. Meta Knight should be using Tornado too much against Wario for obvious reasons, but if he does DI up then get your free Downard Aerial.

Top Bottom