• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Time: Wario's Weekly Matchups. Week 9- Olimar

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I already said that was one of the best ways to get around it. It's easy to condition MKs into brickwalling with fairs.
How? Just jump around, dair at them? I find a lot of MKs will fair when I am hovering over them.. but I don't play a lot of good MKs =\.

Also, lets do Marth next! He is a problem matchup..

OverLade

Smash Hero
Concerning marth, Kadaj vs. Slikvik videos just came out, speaking of the matchup. Callin in those players at this point would probably be useful. =D

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Well, I've decided. Rather than make extensive summaries (Which I'm horrible at), I'm going to take an approach similar to the one the Wolf boards took with their matchups and post a seperate thread for each, and link to the thread as a summary. I might create a small summary for quick access in the future, but for now I want to get this thing moving. On to Snake.

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Easy fight. All he has is tilts, watch out for C4/mine, don't get grabbed, chomp rocks, eat his cypher, or waft on him, and just combo him everywhere. If you time it right, you can grab a moarter slide or chomp him, or even Fsmash. Snake is easier, much easier then MK IMO.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I think that Wario is a soft counter to snake.

if they recover too low, you bite them. if they recover high, but not too high, you can waft/super waft.
we severely limit his offstage options with the bite, and then we have a high priority Uair to pester him with when he tries to Dair/Nair or FFAD to the ground. YOu can juggle a snake for a good minute, he has trouble getting out of it. Uair beats both his Nair and Dair(ftilt also beats his Nair if they try to space you from the air), not sure about his Bair though....

For the mortar slide, if you predict it, you can Fsmash, or pivot grab works fine too (i suggest dashing away and pivot grabbing, that way you will be less vulnerable to his mortar as it comes down, though if you dash grab him fast enough it won't even come out, but seeing as Wario's dash grab is ten frames, and his pivot grab is eight, pivot is a better frame option, and easier to time, IMO), but most times I will pivot grab so that way I can have more time to decide how to **** him position-wise.
if you are a beast and they are near kill percents, you can half-waft him out of it and it will kill super early (60-80% if it surprises them near the edge)

for tilts, it's not that hard. you can just play Dair games and camp him. it's pretty easy to camp snake since all his projectiles aren't as fast as say, toon links. and you can shieldgrab his Ftilt. but sometimes snakes will try to beat your dair with thier Utilt, so what you do is you float above them and bait it, then either dair to their other side and jump away, or stay inside and try to get a grab, or reverse bite them, or fsmash if you think they will try to atttack again, maybe charge it if you think they will spotdodge. I think I covered all their options lol.

that about covers everything I have to say, except to stay away from his projectiles, don't get baited into running into tilts, don't fall for C4 traps ( if you see snake trying to C4 you, hit him or get to the ground and shield/spot dodge before it goes off, but the best alternative is to just not get stuck in that position) and keep him in the air/ off the stage.

Waymas

Smash Journeyman
bite, dair campin thats all you need to camp snake oh and fairs and bairs of course. Dont get grabbed also if you dont di correctly he can nair you and it hurts :p

BMX

Smash Lord
Yea, if you use that simple strategy, you will get wrecked by Smart Snakes.

You gotta switch it up.

Dilly04

Smash Cadet
I think it depends on the snake you're fighting. Campy Snakes are so annoying >_<

I agree with a lot of what Popertop said though.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I destroy campy snakes, but tilt snakes do better vs me.

in one tourney I lost to a Snake that just Naired in the air and grabbed/pivot grabbed me.

I've found a couple strategies around that.

Excellence

Smash Champion
Someone needs to synthesize the information after each discussion and post it after each character for easier understanding and locating. If they want the discussion itself, the pages should also be listed for explinations as to why things are as they are.

Popertop

Smash Champion
also, you can aircamp snake really easy.

and if he throws grenades at you, you can throw them back.

brinstar/RC is basically a free win vs a snake.

you will want to ban Corneria, Luigi's, Battlefield, or whatever stage you are bad on.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
CAMP!! all you really need. brinstar is a free win like popertop said. Be patient!! Thats the only thing ive learned.. if snakes are going to shield and tilt when you are aggressive, there is really no point for you not to camp with them, stay away from nades, personally, i ban Yoshi's or FD and counter brinstar, rainbow, smashville.

Yoshi's: i hate that misplaced platform.. i like to approach from the air as much as the next :wario: but that platform >_< too low, if it was a bit higher, YESZ :falcon:

FD: cant really hide on any platforms :( and its just too boring.

Smashville: the moving platform makes it easy to camp snakes if you must. its a small stage, which is good for wario, helps get snake off the stage faster, easier.

Brinstar: camp on left platform, top platform and right platform. snake lives for ever, but not if u fart on him. snake can die at an easy 90 with a 1:30 fart.

Rainbow: no nade spam here. keeps snake moving so he cant camp. easy up airs and bites through the first moving part once boat crashes.(by now you should have your fart so use it wisely) pendulum part, gimp territory(i have died so many times as other characters at this part avoid it or use it to your advantage. last part before going down to the boat again, this part is rather gimpy, a person could lose a stock if he doesnt know what he is doing. use the blocks if you know you cant run and make it. they fall rather fast, just dont give up on them and run towards the right, if u cant make it going down on a block you sure as hell cant make it running. your too slow (see what i did there?)

Padô

Smash Lord
I think that matchup isnt easy but could be.

Wario can aircamp Snake all day long with fair and bair, we can Dair -> Bite -> Bike at 0%, and im pretty sure of that unless he cypher this.

The only problem you Warios and me will be facing, is the campy snakes, that keeps throwing granades, and waiting to tilt all of your aerials. Otherwise this is our matchup. Snake is a free gimp too, just chase his upB, if he dodges fart in his face, if he dont Slap this motherf***** with upair, if he's coming from below bite it and there goes the rock falling snake.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, what a difference form discussing MK to Snake. We pwn Snake, lol, not even funny. They have a harder time than we do.

S

smash brawl player 99021

Wario isn't fat... just built, muscular, able to fart and kill people...

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Wario looks fat tho. His survivability is to good. I'm able to live until 180% most of the time, and my DI isn't that good. How do you train to use DI :(

FattyFatFatso

Smash Apprentice
Practice reaction times, when u get hit, just slam sticks in the opposite direction as fast as u can. If you are grabbed, you can usually bet they will try to throw you off stage so just push your sticks the opposite direction when they throw you off.

BMX

Smash Lord
Go to training.

Unleash a hoard of smartbombs.

Hit them.

Explosion.

DI and SDI Up.

Mission Accomplished.

You live longer than 120 now.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i think MK needs to be rediscussed because it's DEFINITELY NOT even

Both Fiction and Phantom X have stated that its at least 60:40

11:42:55 PM) juanxalda10 i have always have a LOT moe trouble vs mks than marths
(11:43:01 PM) juanxalda10 he can do everything mk does but better
(11:43:09 PM) juanxalda10 marth*
(11:43:15 PM) toobsy2care hmm
(11:43:17 PM) juanxalda10 plus with his 2 frame upair he can even live longer :\
(11:43:20 PM) juanxalda10 and **** your dodges
(11:43:25 PM) toobsy2care :\
(11:43:29 PM) juanxalda10 plus ungimpable
(11:43:33 PM) toobsy2care yeah
(11:43:34 PM) toobsy2care it sucks
(11:43:36 PM) juanxalda10 and invincible up b w/ TREMENDOUS range
(11:43:38 PM) juanxalda10 that is barley punishable
(11:43:48 PM) juanxalda10 so yeah, he's our hardest matchupfor sure

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
px will say that it's our hardest match-up but he wont go as far as saying 60-40. And yeah, it's not 50-50 lol plus, if you factor in planking, it's beyond 60-40, IMO.

Padô

Smash Lord
Since Commander gave up on this thread I'm making a hole new one.

When I get home, after the college I'll make it. If you guys have any opinions to make this thread better just PM me or leave a reply here.

MATCH-UP NUMBERS WILL NOT BE CHANGED!
NUMBERS WILL BE KEPT THE SAME TILL REDISCUSSION.

PLEASE DONT come here and start babling about this: "LOLOLOLOL MK'S MACTH WROGN PLEAZE CHAGNE IT 2 70-TIRTY"

Padô

Smash Lord
It'd be nice BUT I think it'd be better if we await for all numbers, put em on the chart than make a big update on the thread with that idea.

And this is a very funky idea, I don't know if it's worth your efforts to make this cool, because we can make it very simple and useful.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
i just dont like it when i have to break my finger scrolling up and down the page to read matchups lol

and i already have an idea of how it could work in my head and i agree that we should maybe finish all the matchups before doing that

but IMO the GnW boards have a pretty good matchup thread that we could base ours off of for now

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174763

i like how its ALL right there at the top in a neat little list with links to the exports and also theres the pics with descriptions below for those who like that

ALSO all of the pictures they use for each character are the SAME SIZE and it looks nice and orderly.

We should attempt to mimic their thread

Padô

Smash Lord
I agree with the pics on the same size.

By the way I really don't like the quoting there, I prefer redirecting people to the export thread because the quotes are just a short brief of the matchup and got personal opinion thats what I sa on GnW discussion.

We could link the images, but we shouldn't link the chart till the end of discussions.

Top Bottom