• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wavedashing in Brawl... (Hacked version)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
The problem with taking out the fallspecial is that there's no other way to limit airdodges. Directional infinite airdodges is exactly the same as infinite jumps.... but worse. Remember what people were saying about ISJR before it was deemed impractical? It's that, but infinitely worse. And if you take out the directional dodging, you obviously lose wavedashing.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Something I've noticed. Any character with a tether recovery can airdodge again and press Z although you will decrease in height as you try to recover.

edit: Also when you try to wavedash backwards you end up facing the opposite directions, and because of that you won't be able to jab when wavedashing backwards, but other options.

Edit: another cool trick with Link and young Link's quickdraw approach! Short Hop + Arrow then wavedash into a grab! w00t!

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its a cool thing to have, but we all know its not going conpetitive at least right now, you would have to creat a "offical rules" for melee 2.0 or Brawl what ever and have a new game in it self.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Well hopefully if we can find a way (which wouldn't be too hard) to get L-cancel aerials in the Ocarina, the SBR could make a specific code patch (Melee 2.0 patch?) for the TO to use.

In it the codes could have -> No Tripping, Wavedashing (while fixing ROB's), added hitsun (hopefully), and L-cancel (hopefully)

I would seriously love to play Brawl with Melee mechanics. I just can't stand playing Melee anymore....it's too old =/

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible that a flag other than "fallspecial" could be used? By that I mean, is there any other element in the game that causes characters to be unable to jump, airdodge, or use attacks? I personally can't think of any but... yeah.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea there is! i completely forgot till now, and everyone has it, even rob!

the animation where your in the air when u break ur shield. easiest way to see it, go to smashville, stand on the platform, hold ur shield till u break it, and ul fall to the ground (youl see it longer than normal cause the moving platform will move so ur not over it anymore and ul fall to the main stage. if you implement that state, but make it so your shield isnt broken when u hit the ground from a air dodge, there ya go. done deal

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Is it possible that a flag other than "fallspecial" could be used? By that I mean, is there any other element in the game that causes characters to be unable to jump, airdodge, or use attacks? I personally can't think of any but... yeah.
No, that's what I've been saying... In Melee there was an airdodge count (or perhaps it was boolean, I don't know), but in Brawl that's irrelevant so I assume it's taken out (even if it isn't, how the hell would we find it?)

Isn't Luigi the only one whose landfallspecial sucks? Is that really so bad? He has the best wavedash in the game, and spotwavedodge gives him any evasive options that he would otherwise lack.

The only remaining problem is ROB, and I'm confident that setting his jumps and fuel to 0 would be sufficient balance. Sure, he can attack, but I'd rather that than freeze the game.

EDIT: Ahahaha, I just contradicted myself. If we did that with ROB, he could just airdodge unto the heavens. Hmm, admittedly now I'm out of ideas about ROB.

I hate to say this, but we COULD restore his airdodge alone. It might make it kind of interesting, and is at least a decent immediate solution.

EDIT2: ChiboSempai, that's a great idea and someone should test that ASAP.
... I hate to be a noob, but does Jiggs still die when her shield breaks, or is that a SSB64 relic?

MuBa

Smash Lord
Let's see I've done a test with Pokemon Trainer, the first pokemon you FIRST choose in the beginning of the match will only have wavedashing while the other 2 with regular Brawl airdodging BUT with fall special.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Let's see I've done a test with Pokemon Trainer, the first pokemon you FIRST choose in the beginning of the match will only have wavedashing while the other 2 with regular Brawl airdodging BUT with fall special.
That's a shame, and I think it affects my main (Sheik) too, but it's really not a priority compared to ROB. Plus it seems like something really hard to hack.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hey, if people can ***** and moan freely about Item Standard play, I think people can possibly hold side tournaments for this. For anyone that's *****ing about leaving Brawl alone, whatever. That's obviously not what this thread is about.

I almost wish the hacking scene for Brawl had their own section. Eventually a new standard could come about and essentially the community would have a "Melee 2.0.

Because come on, we all know whatever is coming after Brawl isn't coming for a VERY long time. I don't think anyone will argue that.

MuBa

Smash Lord
If you wavedash with Ice Climbers Nana becomes a tard and airdodges in the air thanks to her way-too-long response time with Popo. But they do have an excellent wavedash in terms of covering distance.

Sjeele

Smash Apprentice
I already said that, it's also with Samus ==> ZSS ==> Samus and Zelda ==> Sheik ==> Zelda

But anyways, the video uploading is soooo long :|..
It's about 25% I think it was quicker editing..

Well it's an MP4 file, so I need to convert it and edit it (there are some noises in the background you don't want to hear)..

But the MP4 file is still running I want to see who's faster..

Edit: It's hard for me to wavedash, manytimes when I do I get the shield up and can't attack..
But when I down left/right and press X/Y + L/R the exact sametime, it looke like I slide a little bit father than a normal wavedash and don't get a shield frame, so I can attack when I do this..

And if I do this many time in a row he slides faster and farther..
I slide all over Final Destination

If it is up check out: www.youtube.com/sjeele
Someone knows maybe a better place that is faster to upload MP4 files??

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I figured out 4 new ATs with this. Actually, the 4th was figured out by my buddy Epic.

1. Start dashing and immediately cancel it with a wavedash. You get a longer wavedash than normal because it includes the momentum from your initial dash.
2. While dashing, jump up and wavedash straight down. With the right timing you can be doing Fsmashes or Dsmashes out of dashing quite easily.
3. Footstool your opponent while they're standing on the ground, then immediately wavedash into an attack. Only works on smaller characters.
4. This is pretty fun. Hold down on the control stick. Hit jump and then airdodge. Repeat over and over again. Its like a dash dance but up and down. Really easy to do and pretty funny looking.

That was a fun 20 minutes. Although I'll probably never play it with wavedashing again :D

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I figured out 4 new ATs with this. Actually, the 4th was figured out by my buddy Epic.

1. Start dashing and immediately cancel it with a wavedash. You get a longer wavedash than normal because it includes the momentum from your initial dash.
2. While dashing, jump up and wavedash straight down. With the right timing you can be doing Fsmashes or Dsmashes out of dashing quite easily.
3. Footstool your opponent while they're standing on the ground, then immediately wavedash into an attack. Only works on smaller characters.
4. This is pretty fun. Hold down on the control stick. Hit jump and then airdodge. Repeat over and over again. Its like a dash dance but up and down. Really easy to do and pretty funny looking.

That was a fun 20 minutes. Although I'll probably never play it with wavedashing again :D
Sounds like you found more stuff than in the first month of Brawl.:dizzy:

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I sure hope this doesn't take everything over Brawl related all of a sudden...
THEN it will be like Melee 2.0, and I will get super pissed if that does happen.

May as well drop Brawl completely from competition if all this is brought in for official tournaments and bring back Melee.

metaXzero

Smash Champion

*drools*

An alternate standard Brawl would be so awesome!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
DP Sorry.
I sure hope this doesn't take everything over Brawl related all of a sudden...
THEN it will be like Melee 2.0, and I will get super pissed if that does happen.

May as well drop Brawl completely from competition if all this is brought in for official tournaments and bring back Melee.
But in Melee, I have to deal with the crappy Kirby. -_-

In all seriousness, again, WD alone doesn't make Brawl Melee.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i personally want a modified version of brawl (a complete setlist of codes to fix the game to our liking) and i would host side events for it at my tourneys. though by all means i would keep regular brawl primarily. its just refreshing and interesting

Locke)

Smash Ace
Can you hack it so ganondorf doesn't run funny? Please? The man has taken such a beating and with wavedashing I fear he's only gonna look worse!

L-cancelling would just shoot snake up to imbalance tier. I mean come on think about it. This wavedashing concept, after a few months of polishing, combined with a little hitstun could yield a game that can unite melee and brawl diehards.

The game is beautiful, and the characters can stay floaty to keep the game from becoming too much of a speed-fest. Gamers will have techniques to refine and compete with, while casuals (you can't really call them gamers) will still have brawls characters and an easier learning curve.

God bless you hackers.

yamas11

Smash Cadet
Do you think someone will do a private tournament with a modified brawl, having some characters refixed, take out tripping, and wavedashing in it? Not play for money, but sort of like playtesting the ideas and see if it can become a popular feeling to open a bigger community.

I don't think it would be a bad thing either, because ya know, we're not going to get another Smash Bros game for a long time, and Brawl was made with the intention of not being competitive, which is what makes it stand out and hated from people who loved competitive games like the Street Fighter series and ect.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Yeah, wavedash to ftilt is overpowered with Snake. Gives him insane range on a move that already has insane range. L-canceling would also give Snake a much more viable and nearly unstoppable air game.

Melee 2.0 would break Snake.

Locke)

Smash Ace
The wavedash wouldn't be as difficult to get around because once his move is initiated he wouldn't be able to follow you. It could be rolled around.

L-cancelling with snake is what really scares me, though it would be fun to not be threatened by a metaknight ever again!

Melee 2.0 is not what we should shoot for. Brawlee(I think I saw it somewhere in this thread) is what we should shoot for :chuckle:

The thing is, no one can control what gets made, so Melee 2.0 could eventually be created by zealous hackers and I sincerely hope it does not.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
snake and mk's ground games are now ****ing insane, right?

and captain falcon's approach would improve a little bit, i'd think...but so would everyone else's defensive options.

there's nothing wrong with experimentation, although i don't think wavedashing improves brawl that much. and there's always the worry that by changing something, you drastically improve a character, like wavedash+l-cancel=stupid snake and more hitstun=stupid mk.

who knows, a few changes could end up making the game better than before, although i doubt it'd every overtake "classic brawl" in the tourney scene. the whole hacking thing would be a put off to some TOs.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Unfortunately we're technically stuck with regular Brawl in tournaments.

I just don't understand why people ***** about the game being not that technical, tripping sucks, lack of combo and whatnot when we have answers to it.

Sure a hack is required (which isn't hard to implement, especially in a tourney scene) but aren't the mechanic problems being solved though?

Mmac

Smash Lord
I can already tell that the character who would be effected the worst by this is Yoshi. Not because he can't wavedash, but because the old Airdodging system completely DESTROYS his recovery. He can't airdodge anymore during his recovery because it will completely stop his momentum, so there's no way he can defend himself when recovering. He has to use his entire Double Jump no matter what (Which is bad because the Armour was nerfed from Melee), and has no good options to defend himself from the front and spikes.

He'll be completely nerfed while every other character will be buffed, and this isn't at all fair at all

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I can already tell that the character who would be effected the worst by this is Yoshi. Not because he can't wavedash, but because the old Airdodging system completely DESTROYS his recovery. He can't airdodge anymore during his recovery because it will completely stop his momentum, so there's no way he can defend himself when recovering. He has to use his entire Double Jump no matter what (Which is bad because the Armour was nerfed from Melee), and has no good options to defend himself from the front and spikes.

He'll be completely nerfed while every other character will be buffed, and this isn't at all fair at all
mmac doesn't realize that wavedashing in brawl is actually just a plot to ruin yoshi and keep him in bottom tier, and shut him up on the boards.

in conclusion:

it's a trap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom