• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, there is a new thread that will be CONSISTENTLY UPDATED(I hope), so go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Bumpy. I know, edit button. But I think this needed a bump, so that my question will be seen.

Since we are making Pichu a girl, can we give her Peach's heart effect on a couple of her attacks? Like foward special or usmash? This wouldn't be much of a strecth, because Pichu can learn the attack Attract in the games. Of course, the heart isn't neccesary, but would just be another visual cue that Pichu's a girl.

exfatal

Smash Cadet
Bumpy. I know, edit button. But I think this needed a bump, so that my question will be seen.

Since we are making Pichu a girl, can we give her Peach's heart effect on a couple of her attacks? Like foward special or usmash? This wouldn't be much of a strecth, because Pichu can learn the attack Attract in the games. Of course, the heart isn't neccesary, but would just be another visual cue that Pichu's a girl.
i think that would be pretty cool if it was done

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i'd be fine with the hearts (its a baby pokemon after all), but maybe have boy and girl textures. in the games pichu could be either gender and still learn charm/attract.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!!!!

That looks really, REALLY good.
Umm okay. Is Pichu really going to hurt himself? IMO That was a dumb option in melee. You guys aren't adding it... right?

PS: Apparently it may be a fake.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
It's fake. It saw it a few days ago on ESH. If you look at the first picture closely you can actually see a Pikachu in the first photo and some jump rings on the other side of the stage in the second.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
glad i gave everyone a good laugh. on a slightly more serious note, i just found the codes/variables to edit character models so i'll try my hand at editing pikachu and see where it goes... with my experiences with coding it won't be anywhere good...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
What about increasing the charge time for Skull Bash, but increasing the distance and damage of the max charge? Kinda like Pichu's Skull Bash in Melee. If you somehow managed to hit with it, it did 36% and had incredible launch.

This is what happens when you have to read through a topic to make sure you aren't repeating someone. ._.
i agree with this dude. not much purpose in wasting time programming a joke character, much less a pathetic turd like pichu.
And programming a character that was practically an alt costume in Melee is any better? >_>
BRAWL+ PICHU IS FEMALE AND WE MUST REFER TO HER AS SUCH, OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES.
****ing seconded.
Pikachu is the unevolved version of Pikachu. It is one of the most recognizable Pokemon outside of 1st generation. I met a Melee player who mained Pichu, so for her to return in Brawl+ might draw some more players.
1: Lol typo. 2: Pichu in? Her with DS in too? I'll play with ****ing hitstun on if I can have that. (I despise hitstun. Call me a noob if you must, but I hate it with a fiery passion.)
id rather just play melee.
...k, good for you.
I'm going to go ahead and release what I made so far. It includes my revision of BigSharkZ's texture for Pichu, a revised version of BigSharkZ's original, and a premade GCT file including the Snapshot loader.
Nice job, Blake! :)

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Why is Pichu a she?

Shouldn't refer to it as ... it?
Or possibly he?

His costumes didn't seem feminine to me. (except the red one)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Why is Pichu a she?

Shouldn't refer to it as ... it?
Or possibly he?

His costumes didn't seem feminine to me. (except the red one)
Because of Notched-Ear Pichu, maybe.
(I've always referred to the Melee Pichu as female, and I'm going to refer to this one as a girl, too.)
It's just personal preference, really.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Notched ear Pichu?

That has no bearing on the gender IIRC.

Pikachu females have notched tails, as do Raichu's.
With Pichu, we can't even visually see Pichu's differences.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
What about increasing the charge time for Skull Bash, but increasing the distance and damage of the max charge? Kinda like Pichu's Skull Bash in Melee. If you somehow managed to hit with it, it did 36% and had incredible launch.
It was a bad move though. It may be decent in a free for all, but in a one on one match it was a garbage move.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It was a bad move though. It may be decent in a free for all, but in a one on one match it was a garbage move.
So everything can only be designed for 1v1 matches? What's wrong with normal FFAs? (And don't say anything about it not being as skill-related or whatever related to that. Some people do still play for no other reason except to have fun.)

In other news, Pichu is... standing on thin air. Maybe that's just mine, but Pichu's feet don't touch the ground.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Err, well 1v1 are much more common.

I mean I only have one brother...
Sure we can play with CPU's but that's no fun...

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
Notched ear Pichu?

That has no bearing on the gender IIRC.

Pikachu females have notched tails, as do Raichu's.
With Pichu, we can't even visually see Pichu's differences.
The Notch-eared pichu is a female pichu from The 12th movie and Pokemon HG and SS where it appears in ilex forest if you have Pikachu-colored pichu as you're partner pokemon (pikachu-colored pichu is just a special shiny pichu) we can try to use that as an base.

That is the notch-eared pichu by the way

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
well considering pichu is a god dang mess to model hack, this wont go smoothly. Soo... thats why imma go kamikaze and try to make one ^_^ this could be cool, Id love to have the fallen 5's move sets back to go along with my model hacks.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
How exactly do you program in the electric moves damaging Pichu as well as the enemy? But alas, I can't wait for this to be perfected. ^_^

If you only you could put superarmor on the start of the down smash like it was in melee. D:

The Immortal Sir NZ

Smash Apprentice
How exactly do you program in the electric moves damaging Pichu as well as the enemy? But alas, I can't wait for this to be perfected. ^_^

If you only you could put superarmor on the start of the down smash like it was in melee. D:
1st off, why would we give Pichu her hurting ability back? personally, I think its pretty useless, but if you really want to program it in, be my guest.

2nd off, I'm pretty sure they can give D-smash superarmor.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'd give her damaging ability back even if it was complete garbage. In fact, I think it was because of this hurting ability that I began to play smart and get better at the game(not tourney level mind you, just better at smash overall). But...I really don't care if it returns. I'd prefer it that way, but it doesn't HAVE to return.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
The Notch-eared pichu is a female pichu from The 12th movie and Pokemon HG and SS where it appears in ilex forest if you have Pikachu-colored pichu as you're partner pokemon (pikachu-colored pichu is just a special shiny pichu) we can try to use that as an base.

That is the notch-eared pichu by the way

Oh...

Notched ear Pichu could be a nifty alt. But how would make the ear shape? That could take some mad skill to model hack.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'm so totally maining her when she's released. That'll be a while, since work has yet to start, but still.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Well, one thing that I could suggest is that her feet look like they're BIGGER than Pikachus (in comparison to the body). Perhaps that would be something to consider for the hack.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Eh, I just realized something. One thing I liked alot Pichu was his alts. I mean his backback was just pure awesome. I always played on Corneria with the Goggles alt and pretending to be part of StarFox with my brother.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Eh, I just realized something. One thing I liked alot Pichu was his alts. I mean his backback was just pure awesome. I always played on Corneria with the Goggles alt and pretending to be part of StarFox with my brother.
*bumpage*

LOL I thought i was the only one, i did that with my friend Avery xD

General Pepper: "Star Pichu, we need your help!"

Mewtwo: "Cant let you do that, Star Pichu!" :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom