• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Well, there is a new thread that will be CONSISTENTLY UPDATED(I hope), so go there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slashy

Smash Lord
Costumes

S/Register (of Stack Smash) is working on my heart cheek Pichu for Melee. I discussed the possibility of porting her to Brawl if model hacking ever gets done.

I'm leaving Leaf (Leafbarrett) in charge of costume creation (for her alternate colours). I've known Leaf for qute a while, he knows how to create characters with elegance.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I am planning some other Pokemon reps. Raichu (if we don't use the birthday hat for Pichu, if we do use Raichu I will mention that he was the Pikachu from Smash 64). I would prefer Wigglytuff instead, I am sure Sir Veril and Arkaether the Drunkard would appreciate it.

I will try and contact Gardenia's VA for requests. Roserade, Gardevoir, and Turtwig, she could definitely be another character, definitely a WTF character.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
So....is there anyone making her in PSA? We would obviously need an "official" Pichu pac.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Hm, any word from t0mmy? plus I personally want a guy Pichu =)

Pichu pac? depends, did anyone slam down all of the given move information and stuff? If they did, then we should be making one now

Wander

Smash Journeyman
I completely hated Pichu in Melee, but I'd be glad to help put together a .PAC for her. I did it for Doc already >_>

T0MMY

Smash Master
Pichu for Brawl+ would be cute.
But I don't play Brawl+, so it doesn't really matter to me.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Pichu .PAC V1

-Usmash: All damage reduced by 1-3, BKB/KBG reduced on first two hitboxes
-Fsmash: BKB reduced to 0 on first two hitboxes, raised on last hitbox, damage slightly reduced on all three
-Dsmash: Removed electric hit and graphic effects
-Utilt: Less BKB and KBG
-Dtilt: Less BKB and KGB, trajectory = 80
-Down B: Spikes, with only 1/4 BKB and KGB
-Up B: Reduced ending lag
-Nair: Reduced BKB and KGB
-Dair: Outer hitbox is a weak spike
-Shorter short hop
-Air jump multiplier 1 --> .9
-Weight: 79 --> 55
-Falling speed: .087 --> .085
-Running speed: 1.765 --> 1.75

I wasn't able to do some of the changes in the second post, like make the Dsmash a one-two hit move or increase the length of Quick Attack, but I did the best I could on everything else. Feel free to download and edit it yourself, or tell me how I should change it, because I haven't tested it myself yet.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
is there a way to make it so pichu's up smash is a headbutt instead of a tail hit?

And her down smash wasn't mulitihit, and the beginning had super armor. did you try this?

and does anyone have codes for size modifiers and stuffz?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
is there a way to make it so pichu's up smash is a headbutt instead of a tail hit?

And her down smash wasn't mulitihit, and the beginning had super armor. did you try this?

and does anyone have codes for size modifiers and stuffz?
Only if Pikachu has a headbutting animation. Otherwise, no. We can only use and swap animations within one character's library for now.

All I changed on the Dsmash were graphic and hit effects, and I made sure not to mess with other flags and mess things up like I did with Doc. Are you saying Melee Pichu's Dsmash was multihit, or that I accidentally messed this one up? Don't really understand.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Pichu .PAC V1.1

Removed the hit graphics on Dsmash, reduced the KBG on Dtilt, and increased the knockback of the other two hitboxes of Fsmash. If anyone wants to work on making it multihit, feel free.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
no, I Was saying that it wasnt. I was assuming that you kept it like pikachu's, which is multihit.

Pichu's was a single hit in melee.

and the beginning of it had super armor.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
^It might. I don't really play Pikachu that much, I can't even remember what it's up throw is.

Can someone else do the Dsmash changes SS mentioned? I'm working on some Doc costumes right now.

aceofdiamonds825

Smash Apprentice
Yes I would like to see a video please =D
And has skull bash been edited to go farther/cause more damage? I believe in melee that was one of his/her differences from pika

Rudra

Smash Ace
Yes I would like to see a video please =D
And has skull bash been edited to go farther/cause more damage? I believe in melee that was one of his/her differences from pika
It also took longer to charge, but yeah thats one of the differences.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
^Not really. I don't believe the size mod has been released yet because it reverts a lot. Until we get that working, it'll just be a Pikachu with Pichu's attributes.

Speaking of which, does the recent Pichu release hurt herself? I'd like Pichu to be as authentic as possible, while still being unique and at least okay as an character.

I'm off to go add the pac to the first post.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
hmm, Pichu's got the magic of juggling with uair and bair back in melee, maybe we could bring that back.
although maybe it wont work because of Brawl or B+'s physics... maybe you should add more hitstun if you like the idea :)

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman
^Not really. I don't believe the size mod has been released yet because it reverts a lot. Until we get that working, it'll just be a Pikachu with Pichu's attributes.

Speaking of which, does the recent Pichu release hurt herself? I'd like Pichu to be as authentic as possible, while still being unique and at least okay as an character.

I'm off to go add the pac to the first post.
They can't find the code that makes people hurt themselves.
So no, they cannot make attacks that hurts people.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
the quote on the first page is misinformed.

pichu's down smash WASN'T multihit in melee. But pikachu's is in brawl. I was saying you should remove the multihit attribute from it.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Why did you slow Pichu down? Pichu was FASTER than Pikachu, iirc... ><

If someone's said this, or if I'm just being a ******, please, feel free to flame me into next year.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
SSBM Running Speed Rankings

A ">" means that the character to the left of the ">" ACCELERATES to his/her top speed QUICKER than the character to the right of the ">."

A "=" means the two or three characters between the "=" have the same exact acceleration.

1. Captain Falcon
2. Fox
3. Sheik > Pikachu > Marth
6. Pichu

7. Young Link > Roy > Yoshi > Donkey Kong
11. Falco > Dr. Mario = Mario > Mr. Game & Watch > Bowser
16. Samus > Kirby = Mewtwo > Ice Climbers > Ness
21. Ganondorf
22. Luigi
23. Link > Peach
25. Jigglypuff > Zelda

Pichu and Pikachu did have the same falling speed though. Pikachu just accelerated to it faster and had a better fast fall.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Accelerating to top speed isn't the same thing as top speed.

._. Is the SWF being really slow for anyone else, or is it just me?

Wander

Smash Journeyman
No, unfortunately neither I nor anyone else on this board has been able to figure out how to get self-hurting attacks yet. I haven't worked on Pichu since making that latest .PAC, but it's definitely a long way off from a final version. I'm just thankful that Pichu doesn't have quite so many hitboxes and animations to edit like Marth --> Roy.

camelot

Smash Ace
I haven't been in on this thread at all, so excuse me if this has been mentioned already, but don't you think you made him too light? Jigglypuff is 68 weight in Brawl, and was 60 in Melee. So, I think Pichu should have a weight increase as well. Yeah, yeah, Pichu was 55 in Melee, but the gap in weight vs. him and Puff was 5, not 13 (which is pretty huge, considering how easily Puff gets killed).

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I haven't been in on this thread at all, so excuse me if this has been mentioned already, but don't you think you made him too light? Jigglypuff is 68 weight in Brawl, and was 60 in Melee. So, I think Pichu should have a weight increase as well. Yeah, yeah, Pichu was 55 in Melee, but the gap in weight vs. him and Puff was 5, not 13 (which is pretty huge, considering how easily Puff gets killed).
So Jiggs had a 1.1333... times weight increase? Pichu's relative weight would have to be 62.3 then.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Now that the size modifier attribute and the frame speed editor command have been found, aren't there a huge number of changes to be made?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Bumped for the greater good.

Have you started working on Pichu again Wander?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I'd take over if I had a clue as to how PSA works. Eh, I wonder if the original masterminds behind the new Pichu set are willing to take over?

5ive

Smash Champion
Whoah. It's been a long time since I've been active in the Pichu Project, and I'm glad Wander put in the weak spiking thunder.

I'll be testing this soon. Hopefully I'll put up videos. Good ****, Wander.

@ Superyoshi888, I'd love to take over, but I don't know how to use PSA ;_;. Try PMing Storm92.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom