• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
I'm a hardcore smasher, no questions asked. Melee is the best game EVER and Brawl is set to top that. Psy.

ejay

Smash Rookie
Im looking forward to brawl, but im always going to think that melee was perfection. But who knows, once i get my hands on brawl...

LETSPLAYSOMETETRIS

Smash Rookie
im probibly a harcore smasher i love the game its my favortie of any ive ever played. the concept and idea is great getting all the famous nintendo (well now some SEGA aswell) chracters together in one big battle. My favortie was 64 meelee had too many chracters like some ive never heard of. but anyways i dug it. i thin brawl will be the greatest to date with all the new modes and ways to play you can probibly play for years and not try everything. sorry for wasting your time with this long post lol

marrington102

Smash Rookie
yeah im definately a hardcore/competitive smasher. i practice my butt off just so i dont lose! oh does any1 know bout a tournament in Nj sooner or l8ter?

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
I'm a casual player at best. I really don't know a lot about techniques and I haven't done any real tournaments that haven't been written up in my friend's basement. It's still the best fighting game around, though.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am a mix between casual and competitive.

I like to free for all, but i like 1 on 1's to.

so Casual competitive is me

noni

Smash Cadet
i am a Medium/ Advanced smasher been playing it 3 years and i look forword for Brawl for my next training online and i like 2 on 2 and 1 on 1

Sieged Eagle

Smash Cadet
In a small, unobstrusive office hidden beneath Len
Eh, I consider myself a casual smasher. Not so into it, but then again, not so much out of it. I've many consoles and between them a 360, which I play most of the time (for now) because apart from Smash, there are other good games I can play. Wii60 for ever my friend.

The sad thing is, I'm craving to play SSBM again, but I can't play it now because my big brother screwed up the lens of my Gamecube and the guy doesn't want to pay to send the console so it can get repaired, so I've to stick with my other consoles and my PC. Agh...

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Me?
Casual-Pro Smasher. Why?
I pwn at the game, I love to win. I just want to keep moving forward, I want to beat down everyone that opposes me. If everyone who says their better than me, I take them, then pwn them. I will not let someone stand in my way yo become the best I can be.
But at the same time... I lovve to play the game, I love having fun doing things like the Black Hole and IC Freeze Glitch. I love making little storylines for the game. I have fun playing this game. Life, Money, Jobs, Responisbilites; all that stuff when I get a little older, I will find a way around it, I will try to keep with smashbros until I finally get tired of it. I feel that the last time I will play Smash Bros is when the final release of the game finally bores me. At that rate, I am certain to be a fan through 2014. If they release Smash Bros. 4 with only Pichu and Yoshi as Characters with only a single Melee option, 2 Mins, I dont care. I will play that until I get tired of it, and so on.

:D

Demon King

Smash Rookie
Definitely a Competitive Smasher: I just love the game and I always try to get better, but I don't know any other real Smashers that I can compete against (nor do I have as much time for it as I would like to). So I'm confined to playing against level 9 CPU's. I thought I was pretty good until I stumbled across Smash Boards and saw some of the stuff you guys can do, but now I'm trying to get the hang of all those tricks.

But I guess I'm a bit of a Casual Smasher too. :D

Winder

Smash Rookie
Well, I'm actually a combo of Casual and Competitive. I play Smash for fun, but I want to get better. That's why I'm startin' to learn Jiggs combos (Jigglypuff is my main character). I'm getting better, but I'll never be too awesome.

punkomatic622

Smash Journeyman
Done waiting for Olimar (Ya HErd Sakurai?)
That is one iffy signature right there. Heh heh heh...
Yeah, you think? :laugh:

I'm thinking about copying and pasting that image somewhere else for some *ahem* "private use".

For those of you too busy to scroll (and I know there are many), this is the sig in question.

I now know why the peter parker in my sig is so happy. He gets to be near that picture of samus.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Brilliance. Sheer Brilliance. You've hit the nail right on the head. Everything you said was spot on and you clearly stated your points without any attempt to insult anyone or tell everyone else that they are wrong. Pretty cool. I applaud you.
i do the same.

i see my self as competitive because i always look for people at my skill lvl or better because i always tried to better my self. ive only been playing for about 2 years, but ive always loved the game and i always look for oppurtunities to know the game better and better myself at it.

i also see myself as a hardcore player cause if brawl was not online and if i had to travel 2 hours to go to a tourney where the only legal characters were nerfed versions of bowser and mewtwo with one stage and constant sudden death bombs you know who would still be at that tourney :confused: .... thisss guyyy :laugh:

an i think the way i place in tourneys and how i play, i figure i can at least make semi- pro. i always like to see the better person win, therefore i hate stages that can kill me but i think that if people have more morallity and they draw the line at things like running and lazer camping then hyrule can be completely rewarding. but too many random explosions can take away from the experience.

but since people cant be trusted to follow morality and not lazer camp chain grab and range spam then thats why tourney rules are straight across the board. cuz some ppl will do anything to win and thats the only time that they have fun with the game

EdSam

Smash Cadet
Competitive/Hardcore/Casual:

I love the game, always have
I'm trying to get a lot better (w/ Falco specifically)
But I can still appreciate a good free-for-all with items on playing a character I can barely use xD

WarioII

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm actually a combo of Casual and Competitive. I play Smash for fun, but I want to get better. That's why I'm startin' to learn Jiggs combos (Jigglypuff is my main character). I'm getting better, but I'll never be too awesome.
thats exactly how i am too...[well except for the jigglypuff part] i play for fun but like a challenge to test my skills

Demoncannon

Smash Ace
Pro/Hardcore to be honest, well i would think myself as one. I play it whenever i get the chance and will put in over time when Brawl is near release. That way i'm prepared for anything Brawl has to throw at me.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Competitive smashers have sucked the fun out of the game by reducing smash to 1v1 no item battles on Final Destination only. These self proclaimed Pro smashers are only good at the way THEY play the game. All Casual smashers think that playing with items on very high on Temple is a deep and enriching gameplay experience. Hardcore Smashers spend all of their time finding glitches so they can exploit and break the “real way” to play smash. People who don’t play smash are worthless.
Forgive me for quoting so specifically, I read it all xD. But anyway, like you said, fun can be defined as many things among smashers. IMO, the way Smash competitions are now with no items, 1v1 (sometimes 2v2), certain stages, are to prevent complaints and many non-opponent causes deaths. Pokeball on Yoshi's Story, Ho-Oh pops out. Fox kick. Dead. Everyone complains how it was cheap, etc.

Stages like Corneria, Flatzone, Brinstar(and Depths), and Princess' Castle. Random stage events usually cause something to explode or involves the stage hurting the opponent significantly. Again, for the casual smashers, its all a part of fun and how they play, but for competitors, its a crutch and demonstrates being at the right place at the right time to survive, disabling the "pure skill" demonstrations.

1v1 to me demonstrate the pure skill with no interruptions while smashing.

<p align="center"><strong>Casual Smasher:</strong> A person who plays smash as a recreational activity. These gamers play smash as a pastime, diversion, or as a resource for relaxation and enjoyment.</p>
Ultimately for these gamers, Smash is all about having fun in any style. Winning a losing matches is secondary to creating exciting experiences. This is why playing with items appeals to these players so much. What’s more exciting than throwing a bunch of pokeballs all over the place and running around as chaos commences?

As soon as someone gets upset or angry (at losing perhaps) the situation would have then gone too far for the Casual Smasher. Because everyone is just trying to have fun, there’s no need to get upset and throw your controller across the room. Though Smash has rules and clear objectives, they’re of a lesser priority for these players. They encourage people to try and win, but not at the expense of anyone else’s fun.
I play casually from time to time, and being competitive for so long it helps greatly to wavedash, deflect a pokeball at a split second and **** the sender with his own Zapdos. :laugh:

<p align="center"><strong>Hardcore Smasher:</strong> a player who will stick with Smash no matter what happens to the game.</p>
If L-canceling is out, if wave-dashing is out, if Marth is out, if Fox is nerfed, if there are no more original stages for target test, if the Brawl is not online, the Hardcore smasher will shrug and quickly move on. I know some may think that being hardcore is wining and nitpicking over the smallest details, but this is a misconception. The primary definition for “hardcore” is being “unswervingly committed”. This means, not matter what you’re sticking with Smash.
Brawl not online?! -Tear- That would be a sin. No Fox? Nightmare. >_< And no Target test? Where would Smash be without the subliminal aerial attack training? On Board the Platforms again. But truthfully, I would stick with Smash definitly.

Notice how none of these definitions have anything to do with “items on or off” “final destination only” or “must play tiers.” It’s all about who each individual smasher is and the choices they make. Everyone is different. Respecting these differences is how we’ll all get along when Brawl rolls around.
Amen.

I myself, am a Competitive/Hardcore Smasher for life. Of course...when Brawl comes out..I'll change back to casual, play like 4612 matches with items and everything till I know them all inside, outside and inversed, own 1-P with everyone..then back to hardcore competitive. :D

XACE-K

Smash Master
I'm casual but when I try to do competitive things(wavedashing and other advanced techs) I suck at it but I do try to make myself better.

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i'm reeeeeaaaaaaly trying to get good at wave dashing. if you have any tips, just tell. i'm a mewtwo main, so it might be that, but...

Top Bottom