• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of Smasher are You?

Harbinger631

Smash Apprentice
I'm competitive, but I also play for fun. How can you have both at the same time, *gasp*!

CAPTAIN Z-X2

Smash Rookie
im in between i don't like begin serious in this game but if someone wants to be serious then okay

im average in brawl because i never had melee

.Stormchaser

Smash Cadet
I think I'd have to be in the middle of casual and competitive, based on the OP

I always think about getting better at smash... but I don't always play to win. Just to get better. I don't take it too seriously, because then it's no fun, and I play for fun.

And to get better.

But I try to never become frustrated over my own lack of skill, or a stupid stage/item/opponent, because then it's not fun anymore. So I'm not picky about rules, how ****ty or un****ty my main is, how my opponent wants to play or what stage he wants to play at, because then I won't get better if I don't try to adapt.

R2guitarist

Smash Rookie
Competitive Smasher

I keep wanting to get better and better but don't know for what reason.
Maybe i look forward to a tournament one day when i get the chance

Kingjackal89

Smash Rookie
Well a consider myself a fierce competitive hardcore smasher XD

I love to play with smashers who provide a challenge!! IT SUSTAINS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Thai Warrior

Smash Rookie
I would consider myself a competetive Brawler. I always want to play with no items and stride on getting better. Plus i just started

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
I always stride on getting better, and hate losing. I get REALLY pissed off when I lose a match. Though, that's only if it's a competitive match that counts toward something. lol. Whenever I do happen to lose, I always work at getting better and try finding out where I went wrong. So I guess that makes me a competitive hardcore smasher. Although, with friends, I love playing for fun. So I guess I'm a little bit of everything. In a way.

16BitAlex

Smash Rookie
I'd consider myself competitive but I hate losing so much that if I entered a tournament and lost to some robot I'd want to kill him and boycott the games that his main was in. I'm that sore a loser. My main pursuit is victory and not fun unless I have friends over/online.

However, I love using items, so that makes me a wuss/casual.

I've also got hardcore elements. I stuck with Brawl after the techs were out, maybe because the techs were out as I couldn't learn them (I nearly broke my fingers trying to wavedash).

I definitely don't have the skill/deal with the devil to be a pro.

Krooton

Smash Cadet
I'm a smasher who is trying to become good enough to enter tournaments. I hope to prove to people that Jigglypuff is good and can defeat anything she comes into contact with. I got this idea from Gimpyfish who inspires to prove that Bowser can be good.

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
I see myself as a Competitive Smasher. Honestly, I don't mean to brag, but if I actually owned the game (Or the Wii, for that matter) I'd be nearing the Pro level. I learn video games very quickly and am one of the most competitive people that I know. But, since I don't get to play all day and play alone to fine-tune my technique, I can't really reach that level unless a Wii just appears on my doorstep, in need of a home. *hint hint nudge nudge* For now I'm just left with mooching off my friend a few hours a day, and I'm already better than he is. (But don't tell him that.)

L__

Smash Master
I'm a competitive smasher in the SSB that takes technical skill. I've been to a couple 'big' tournaments and played against Zhu, SS, and Falcomist. I could say I held my own fairly decently in the beginning but ended up getting 3-4 stocked. (Usually 3 when I'm in the moment) >__>

Noisy Signal

Smash Rookie
Stuck inside of Mobile with the Memphis blues agai
I used to consider myself a casual Smasher. I loved playing Melee with my brothers and cousin with very high items, just messing around with each other. Now that Brawl's out, though, I'm a lot more competitive and I've been trying really hard to get better (I'm not that good anyways!). That said, I love playing the game in any capacity and it's almost always fun.
Either way, I'm a hardcore Smasher. I'm totally dedicated to the series!

Kaze127

Smash Rookie
ive been playiong smash every week since ssb64, everday in my later melee years, brawl everyday, gone throughhaing my main for 64 and melee be nerfed in brawl (captaint falcon) and still play everyday (now w/ zelda/sheik, and MK). i was a little too young to get out into competative smash, but im doing local tournemants and wifi's now, so do i qualify as hardcore?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Competitive. I like to learn how to play and get better so as to increase the level of fun. However I'm not incredibly dedicated to the game. If a new version comes out and it's bad, I won't play it and stick with 64 and Melee (I play Brawl too...but I enjoy it less). So, in that sense, I'm not hardcore.

Although, I personally don't want to be that devoted to a video game. It seems like a waste of my life. <.<;;

I'm gonna go...read...or something.

L__

Smash Master
Competitive. I like to learn how to play and get better so as to increase the level of fun. However I'm not incredibly dedicated to the game. If a new version comes out and it's bad, I won't play it and stick with 64 and Melee (I play Brawl too...but I enjoy it less). So, in that sense, I'm not hardcore.

Although, I personally don't want to be that devoted to a video game. It seems like a waste of my life. <.<;;

I'm gonna go...read...or something.
We all know reading's a bigger waste of your life. You're going to get fat and have no exercise! FAT!! FAT!! blah.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
im kinda both. when im with friends, its usually for fun, maybe for some competitiveness. but im also somewhat a tourney player. i go to them once in a while for competition. but i have fun with both.

JasonLovesKelsey

Smash Rookie
Casual Smasher definately. Though, I do enjoy having tournaments with my friends, we actually play on stages that aren't Final Destination and with characters that aren't Falco and Marth and all items on, unlike SOME PEOPLE... *Cough*tourney-***s*cough*

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
GAH! It's too hard to class myself. I would say casual/competitive/hardcore. I know this sounds indecisive but let me explain.

Casual because when others are there to smash with I have fun and never compromise other's fun, also I don't care what mode we play (although I prefer FD with no items and 10 stock, if someone wants to play a different way I don't care, it's all good) Getting better isn't my only goal in Smash.

Competitive because I do play to get better when I have no one else to smash with (and I'd like to say that I'm pretty good) , also my friend and I experiment for tricks to use (and have even discovered one in Melee which I have yet to find anywhere on the internet) Oh, I just found it on YouTube. Guess we're not the only ones who know then, eh?

Hardcore because I didn't care who was nerfed, cut, added, whether story mode was crap, whether online was there or not, as long as it kept true enough to the basic Smash formula it would be essential for me.

If I had to choose two of these to fit into though, I would probably choose...competitive-hardcore by a whisker over casual-hardcore, but it's a tough call.

Oh, and I must play as Kirby too, he's the most enjoyable guy to play with in my opinion.

WTF!

Smash Cadet
im hardcore smasher cuz every time i play, i play to win/serious

and i think im pretty good at smash cuz iv been playing since smash 64 was out and i still got it :)

Terranrox

Smash Journeyman
Accually I'm not sure. Just getting you with another person who is somewhat experienced in Smash talking about some stuff would be nice. Infact, it doesn't even have to be with Scav and Mic and them...

YOUKO. You NEED Youko in your thing... Or you in their thing. Talk to Youko about the Roundtable. I'd LOVE that...
You know that would be a great idea! I would like to hear you also in SMYN also compliments on the definition of all smashers out there...

but also I would definitely be just competitive

Top Bottom