• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats with people and Honor

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hey man, Dynasty Warriors kicked my ***.
thats because you either suck at video games, or tried to fight lu bu before you were supposed to. either way it shows that you are bad and dont like to do things the right way, thus, you hack brawl.

I agree, Dynasty Warriors had an intriguing system that was really difficult to overcome.
no. no it really didnt. lol

you mashed X. and when you wanted to kill stuff faster, you mashed Square. and once every 3 minutes or so, you mashed Circle. That was it.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
sure, 5$ is an acceptable amount good sire of the farthest dune, but how will i ever see you? neither of us go to tournaments often, and you just kind of smell like meat so its hard to sit next to something so putrifying it disturbs my sense of what i should feel back when i started to pick up my controller to fight inuui back in 2008 when i was a fox main, but he 2 stocked me so i dropped fox because he was booty and learned to play falco and marth but its k. btw, ew name search lol. u mad?

oh and. ill use marth vs your falco and still win, k? ;)

If this was a serious post LOL OKAY, I accept.

If it wasn't I found it amusing.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
>implying that brawl shares the quality of melee of actually being good
>implying that action replay cards are as easy to get as SD cards
>implying that melee hacking was even a fraction as far as brawl hacking
>implying that I'm not still trolling

TBH, to compare brawl hacking to melee hacking is like... comparing SMW hacking to NSMB hacking. Not really a fair comparison whatsoever.

EDIT: Also, enjoy your being CG'd and walled out, Imma gonna wreck some DDDs with a samus who actually is able to kill regularly below 200%.
So u have accepted that u and your brawlGay will never go anywhere. THANKS! That was easier than i thought!

stealthgun

Smash Cadet
She be mad...:laugh:

Anyways this thread has been up for a long time and seems to be going nowhere. It's a legit question but I see no part of this thread showing why it belongs in the 'Tactical Discussion' forum. I move that this thread be closed or at least moved (if possible) to the 'General Discussion' forum. :ohwell:

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
I only got to page 15 but I'd like to mention that Marth vs. Snake is even in my opinion. Marth does in fact have the tools to juggle and gimp Snake, as well as approach him. Furthermore, Nade Countering is LARGELY ineffective against a truly skilled Marth. This is NOT to be confused with the false notion that grenades are not useful in the match-up, because that would be obvious blasphemy. I would say that Snake's most important tool in the MU is Dash Attack. Ftilt and Utilt are extremely good tools, but they are NOT what should give a good Marth a lot of problems. Utilt is good anti-air/punish, and ftilt punishes Marth heavily for making a mistake or poor approach, but it's Dash Attack which breaks his zoning.

I personally do not like Dancing Blade in this MU unless it's being used for punishes, because if the Marth begins to use it a lot, Snake can simply trade with Ftilt and the clash of DB and Ftilt gives Snake huge frame advantage to use a complete ftilt on Marth at the cost of 4 percent.

I personally believe MK solidly beats Snake at least 6-4, as well as D3. As soon as MKs being to realize that they need to READ Snake using UpB, similarly to how they read airdodges, they'll start gimping Snakes more frequently.

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Pierce, why are you posting on topic in this thread? Why hasn't it done what I said it should do pages ago and just die already?

This thread is a joke.

NNID
Budget_Player
So u have accepted that u and your brawlGay will never go anywhere. THANKS! That was easier than i thought!
Okay, I'll spell it out for you.

People who liked melee when brawl came out and didn't like brawl took a look at brawl and went back to melee.
People who liked hacked brawl when the next smash comes out and don't like the next smash as much will... you guessed it, turn their noses up like the melee players who have been playing melee for 2 years since brawl came out, and continue to play their hacked versions.
There was never any incentive to play hacked melee because melee, in and of itself, was a very good smash game. Also, the hacks weren't as far. Hack me lucario into Melee, and then I'll accept that this is a worthy comparison. Also, not going anywhere lol. Tournaments are popping up all over the place.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Jack, I hadn't gotten up to your entrance in the thread by my post. My next post will just be to say that NJ LOVES B-. Most of the tournament players, including the high level players, play. In fact, I played for HOURS today. It is NOT easy, but it's not hard persay. Try playing with some GOOD players, and then we'll see how easy you think it is. Also, Fox is hard as **** to play.

Also, while the video linked had a Fox with pretty good tech skill, I'm better than both those players, and I use many characters. I haven't settled on a main yet, but I think it might be GnW, since top tier seems like Pika, Bowser, Jiggs, Squirtle, Luigi, Yoshi, and GnW is currently unexplored.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Okay, I'll spell it out for you.

People who liked melee when brawl came out and didn't like brawl took a look at brawl and went back to melee.
People who liked hacked brawl when the next smash comes out and don't like the next smash as much will... you guessed it, turn their noses up like the melee players who have been playing melee for 2 years since brawl came out, and continue to play their hacked versions.
There was never any incentive to play hacked melee because melee, in and of itself, was a very good smash game. Also, the hacks weren't as far. Hack me lucario into Melee, and then I'll accept that this is a worthy comparison. Also, not going anywhere lol. Tournaments are popping up all over the place.
All of which are side tournaments.

Melee's quality had nothing to do with why it wasn't hacked, more so the community became more accepting because of the Melee vs Brawl when 64 vs Melee never existed. People didn't like Brawl because it wasn't Melee 2.0 like many were expecting.

It's pretty clear you have a hatred of Brawl, for whatever rational or irrational reason. This hatred is very apparent when you continue to make skewed statements like this where you forget to include some key things about hacked Melee.

NNID
Budget_Player
I predict this thread being closed soon due to off topicness
Surprised it's taking this long.

All of which are side tournaments.

Melee's quality had nothing to do with why it wasn't hacked, more so the community became more accepting because of the Melee vs Brawl when 64 vs Melee never existed. People didn't like Brawl because it wasn't Melee 2.0 like many were expecting.

It's pretty clear you have a hatred of Brawl, for whatever rational or irrational reason. This hatred is very apparent when you continue to make skewed statements like this where you forget to include some key things about hacked Melee.
Well either way, to equate brawl hacking with melee hacking and claim that it'll never go anywhere because of that is ****ing stupid.

Xyro77

Budget, you are an 08 player who MAINS brawl+ or BRAWL-

YOU ARE NOT WORTH THE GROUND U WALK ON

lol oops

PS: to anybody who thinks brawl is dead or is dying. wake up. this scene is FAR more active than melee was at this time. mlg would not pick up a game if its dead or dying 2 years into its life. due to mlg, this game will last much longer.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Jesus, Xyro, why do you hate Brawl- so much? It's hella fun to play.

I dont have to look up vids of B-, Ive played the game, and its retardedly easy to play. why would you play fox, when you could play one of the other 15 or so free as hell characters.
Wait, wait, wait... a BRAWL PLAYER is complaining about a game being too technically easy?

Really?

Am I missing something?

NNID
Budget_Player
Xyro hates hacks in general. He thinks that we, the hackers, are actively harming the brawl community by taking away brawl players (you know, because they are magically stolen away from any and all vBrawl the moment we present them with Brawl-) (alternatively: you know, because Brawl-/+ are better games). Not sure how hilariously sad this is.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well either way, to equate brawl hacking with melee hacking and claim that it'll never go anywhere because of that is ****ing stupid.
Because you pretty much left out key information about hacking a Wii vs hacking a Gamecube. Once you hack a Wii with homebrew or whatever the rest is easy, since an SD card is easily manipulate able.

Xyro hates hacks in general. He thinks that we, the hackers, are actively harming the brawl community by taking away brawl players (you know, because they are magically stolen away from any and all vBrawl the moment we present them with Brawl-) (alternatively: you know, because Brawl-/+ are better games). Not sure how hilariously sad this is.
Brawl - is a cute game with a gimmick, the game has problems already like banning Jigglypuff for having a death combo on the cast, minus Bowser.

Brawl + changes the game, but updates every week because no one can decide on stopping the game and leaving the meta alone. Geez even Balanced Brawl was able to do this.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Isn't it unfair to call one game better than another when one of said games is still in beta testing?

NNID
Budget_Player
Doesn't work that way. :p If your finished product is better than my unfinished product, you can't hate on my unfinished product because it's unfinished. If your finished product is WORSE than my unfinished product... Weeeelll......

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Jesus, Xyro, why do you hate Brawl- so much? It's hella fun to play.
I will give you that. they are fun.

I cant stand to like a game tho, where the people who make it are such incredibly douchy, egotistical, elitism jack-offs. Its honestly worse than the melee elitism, The melee kids are most of the time content with just playing the game they like and bashing brawl when it comes up in conversation, which it usually doesnt because theyre too busy playing melee.

Hackers actively go out and search out brawl and its players so that they can disrespect the game in some ******** attempt to 'convert' people to their game.

Which is pointless since theyve been at it for 2 years now and still havent been able to create a game with a character less broken than normal metaknight.

Wait, wait, wait... a BRAWL PLAYER is complaining about a game being too technically easy?

Really?

Am I missing something?
Ive played brawl since it came out and ive played melee since 05.

Melee is more technically demanding

Brawl I see as more mentally demanding.

hacked brawl versions are less demanding in both aspects than either brawl or melee.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
problem is. your unfinished project is awful. B+ is complete garbage now, its literally just as campy, gimmicky and stupid im sorry. and B- is just a fun gimmick, even though its mad entertaining.

BBrawl isnt a bad idea but wont live up to the same hype as vbrawl so theres also no point

Xyro77

I dont think your kind is harming the scene i just think you guys are wasting your time with brawl+/-

I think that if all the brawl+/- players and creators put thier talents towards brawl, this game would be more developed(hack and skill wise).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
But Xyro, your forgetting that everyone thats ever worked on any form of hacked brawl outside of kirk, did so because they were absolutely terrible at the game.

Kole

Smash Lord
and I'm pretty sure no company will want to sponsor events/players of a hack

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Doesn't work that way. :p If your finished product is better than my unfinished product, you can't hate on my unfinished product because it's unfinished. If your finished product is WORSE than my unfinished product... Weeeelll......
I bolded the key word.

Again, finish the game as a final version that will only be updated for major fixes at incremented time, like Balanced Brawl does.

Veril

Frame Savant
I dont think your kind is harming the scene i just think you guys are wasting your time with brawl+/-

I think that if all the brawl+/- players and creators put their talents towards brawl, this game would be more developed(hack and skill wise).
Those two statements aren't really associated at all. We should put our time into a game we like less... that's ****ing stupid.

Recognize your bias. The fact that hacking talent is strongly correlated B+ is that the game and the community actively rewards that sort of talent. Research and development is the same way. Though now that I've got a month off from class (thank god) I'll be working on both vBrawl and B+, I just hate brawl's mechanics. The reward for doing hours, days of work gathering and analyzing data (and not the pitiful level of analysis most players assume "frame data" is used for) is so much more limited for Brawl because the best strength of quantitative analysis is revealing frame traps, which are extremely rare in vBrawl. Take on block analysis. No move has a positive advantage on block in vBrawl. I could find adv data on hit, and I intend to for vBrawl, but the low hitstun makes it really just sad to work on when compared to the usable but not overly large adv windows of B+.

I'd welcome any argument about vBrawl being more interesting to research if you were actually good at doing this in the first place. Yes, I've seen your work... and I'm not impressed at all. Just fyi I've done more work in B+, but I've done a ton of work testing vBrawl as well. And I plan on bringing a lot of the hacking and research talent from B+ and the other modding groups into vBrawl... cause that information is useful to all of us as well.

Whew. Your post really offended me. The B+/B-/PM/BBrawl researchers are more skilled, and they should apply that skill to a game that they actually like. Its fortunate for people who have no concept of the work required for this sort of thing that vBrawl data is necessary to us which inevitably draws some of us into vBrawl research. A final point: people don't share research in vBrawl like they do in B+. Its a totally different atmosphere because there is a positive community use for the data, whereas in vBrawl giving up something like say... MK's advantage windows on hit is massively disadvantageous to the researcher who just spent several hours on a single move (and that''s not even taking decay/aura into account).

Also: lol at attempting to weigh in on the MK debate with something that hasn't already been said or done. If the people posting there can't recognize how significant what I said here is... "frustration"
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10290828&postcount=12391

But Xyro, your forgetting that everyone thats ever worked on any form of hacked brawl outside of kirk, did so because they were absolutely terrible at the game.
Errrr... this is moronic. There are talented melee and brawl players who work on the B+ project currently as well as in the past. I'll just go through a few to highlight how wrong you are: VaNz and Cape are both known melee players who are/were in the B+broom, Atomsk has been involved with B- iirc, Kirk works on B+ and B-, OmegaBlackMage and Yeroc are both sbr members, etc. There are also solid hacked brawl players who place well consistently over vBrawl players (Glick says hi). Get *****.

and I'm pretty sure no company will want to sponsor events/players of a hack
It sure is nice having livestream and being able to use classic controllers/wiimotes.

There's the whole legal issues of hosting a tournament with cash prizes for a hacked game.
And yet... hacked brawl tournaments DO occur, fairly frequently, with nobody getting sued.

"Looks at Apex II"

Yup, these "legal issues" sure are a problem.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
This has gotten off-topic, but Brawl+ doesn't deserve the hate that it receives at all. People bash it senselessly without really learning anything about it's game mechanics.

I don't see how a person would have intricate knowledge of Brawl's mechanics and/or how fighting games are supposed to work, and still consider Brawl > Brawl+, tbh.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
It sure is nice having livestream and being able to use classic controllers/wiimotes.
You should think about posts like these before making them.

And yet... hacked brawl tournaments DO occur, fairly frequently, with nobody getting sued.

"Looks at Apex II"

Yup, these "legal issues" sure are a problem.
Because Nintendo doesn't care at the moment. And yes, you can get sued.

Down the road if this ever catches Nintendo's attention, I'm not saying not to do it either since I'd assume they would order a cease and deist order first. You still should be cautious about making these mainstream since it does have legal problems, whether you want to play them off or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom