• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew VI: Name TBA - Columbus, OH - FIRST POST UPDATED WITH NEW RULES!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey AZ, didn't Jellityme say he'd make it? I don't see his name in the OP.

Also, do we need to confirm our teams now, or can we figure it out when we get there?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Jellityme ... I do not recall seeing a post and/or hearing from him.

Teams you can figure out when you get there. Posting it now though makes registering people easier.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Put Hence and I down as a confirmed team in doubles.

Lucario + Ice Climbers = ?!!??!!??!??

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Lou and Quivo:
I think we can load your TV's into Nopes massively sexy car. You guys better be down.

If not then bring Wii's. There are 3 tvs hanging on the wall that can be used as a last resort. The only problem is that you would have to keep looking up to use them and it could/will cramp your neck. I want to avoid this, but I will use them in order to get the tournament completed in a timely manner.

If we can get Lou and Quivo's TV then we currently have 6 set ups, maybe 7 if Nope brings a 3rd:
(confirmed)1 TV from AlphaZealot
(confirmed)2 TV's from Nope
(need confirmation)1 TV from Lou
(need confirmation)1 TV from Quivo
(confirmed)1 TV from Baro

Nope said he may be able to squeeze 3 set ups into his car, but I don't want to put to much of a burden on him unless it is absolutely necessary. Can anyone else coming bring a TV?

The Wii situation is a bit better:
(confirmed)1 Wii from AlphaZealot
(confirmed)2 Wii's from Nope
(confirmed)1 Wii from Lou
(confirmed)1 Wii from Quivo
(confirmed)1 Wii from Baro
(confirmed)1 Wii Sathenza
(confirmed)1 Wii from fromundaman
(confirmed)1 Wii from Staindgrey

That makes 8. I would like 1 or 2 more people to bring a Wii if they can as back ups.

Right now we have 4 confirmed tv's coming. With 2-3 more possible if Quivo/Lou can load their TVs into Nopes car and if Nope decides/can bring his 3rd tv. If this occurs we will have 7 set ups and need one more tv to get to the magic number of 8. Considering we probably won't have 32 people though we should get by fine with 7.

The Wii's are important even if you do not bring a TV because in an emergency we can use the 3 TV's that are on the walls in the venue.

I'll be posting a map about parking and stuff today.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Do we know yet if the guys are coming down from King Yoshiis place on Friday. Beegs, ITT, King Yoshii, etc. This tourney would be real sweet if we could get a car load of them.

King~

Smash Champion
^

ITT said he was interested but money is tight :/

and i have to see if i have any moneyi f he does go

and beegs wouldnt be able to make it.

so if anything the MAY be a car with like three or four i can think of, its pretty 50-50ish right now

i imagine it will have something to do with placings at my thing

Pdiamond

Smash Apprentice
It's possible that I can bring a TV and capture equipment.

I could bring a Wii depending if Hence would just bring his for me to use.(It gets annoying to carry around a complete setup by yourself :/ )

Of course I can't guarantee that I can, I'll confirm tomorrow.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I can make it(not as good as my bro Scribble but me and Obama Kong can show you the Stimulus Package)

I can bring my 360 if anyone else wants to play SF4 or somethin.
Here ya go AZ. (Not trying to be a ****. I just want to make sure he's signed up since I think he's my doubles partner...)

Hey Pdiamond... I still need a match with you at some point!

T-800

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about not going. I'm just a little Brawled out after Love's Last Stand. I've went to a few tournaments in the past few months, and they're always a blast, but I'm ready for a little break.

If you do another one in a month or two, my odds of being there will be much better.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
^

ITT said he was interested but money is tight :/

and i have to see if i have any moneyi f he does go

and beegs wouldnt be able to make it.

so if anything the MAY be a car with like three or four i can think of, its pretty 50-50ish right now

i imagine it will have something to do with placings at my thing
I've got BYAA! and myself are confirmed now. I'll try and grab as much stuff from king yoshi's (setups/people) and head down there.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Good stuff ITT. There is no way we are going to not play this tourney. I was upset I didnt get to play you in Athens. This tourney is going to be sweet. And AZ I guess I can bring my tv as long as Holtz comes up here and helps me and we use his car.

Nope

Smash Lord
Good stuff ITT. There is no way we are going to not play this tourney. I was upset I didnt get to play you in Athens. This tourney is going to be sweet. And AZ I guess I can bring my tv as long as Holtz comes up here and helps me and we use his car.
Q your TV has the same fate as louis's

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
I noticed the first post says there can be a maximum of 32 people and we want to get as close to that as possible. How many people in my car would be guaranteed spots?

lou4222

Smash Lord
Theres only 25 confirmed........ so im guessing all of you unless you have one of those mega vans and bring like 10 people. Chances are one or two of the people on the list wont come anyways.

Baro

Smash Journeyman
People come to tournaments without saying they are. It's a fact of life.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
People on my list are guaranteed in. People not on my list are not. Ithrowthings are you saying for sure you and some other people are coming?

If so who and can you bring a set up?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Alright guys, parking is up in the first post. Go check it, and I recommend printing it out for later on.

Pdiamond: I think I love you. A tv and a wii correct?

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
I can make it(not as good as my bro Scribble but me and Obama Kong can show you the Stimulus Package)

I can bring my 360 if anyone else wants to play SF4 or somethin.
Yeah I'll be there, is there somewhere that you had to post reg at?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
This is the list I have so far, if you do not see your name on the list (or someone you know is coming/coming with you) then post ASAP!

List of people attending (28/32):
1. (confirmed)AlphaZealot (36 MWC 08 points) - Columbus
2. (confirmed)Lou4222 - Springfield
3. (confirmed)Nope (4 MWC 08 points) - Springfield
4. (confirmed)Cake - Springfield
5. (confirmed)Champ - Springfield
6. (confirmed)Capen - Springfield
7. (confirmed)Fonz - Springfield
8. (confirmed)The Jerk (Reinhart_x)
9. (confirmed)Katon
10. (confirmed)Baro
11. (confirmed)Quivo (2 MWC 08 points) - Columbus
12. (confirmed)Sathenzar
13. (confirmed)Doctorhair
14. (confirmed)Chowbots
15. (confirmed)Hence
16. (confirmed)Staindgrey - Columbus
17. (confirmed)Moose - Columbus
18. (confirmed)Whaleit - Columbus
19. (confirmed)CRNCH - Columbus
20. (confirmed)Pdiamond
21. (confirmed)TheKeist - Worthington
22. (confirmed)fromundaman - Dayton
23. (confirmed)Enrish - Columbus - may be only entering singles
24. (confirmed)Kicks - Columbus - Enrish's friend, may be only entering singles
25. (confirmed)Fortenium
26. (confirmed)Jellytyme
27. (confirmed)Ithrowthings - Akron
28. (confirmed)BYAA! - Akron
nicalobe?
Dobs?
King Yoshi?
Count?

Also, if anyone knows the location of some of these players please let me know. I plan on drawing up pools tonight.

Doubles will have to be made on the spot because I have no idea who is teaming with who for the most part.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Me and BYAA! will be there for sure. Most likely king yoshi will also come with us and possibly 1-2 more people as well.

I also still need a doubles partner.

I'll see what I can do about setups, it'll be after the tournament at king yoshi's so i'm pretty sure I can scrounge up at least 1 setup

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Thanks! Let me know as soon as you can about the set up and who else is coming with you. There are not many spots left (only 4!)!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Umm...

Actually, yes, I suppose you could...but I need to go with you to the counter to make sure the person working knows the deal with whats up.

Does this mean you are for sure coming?

Meese

Smash Cadet
Me and my friend will be there for sure - maybe only for doubles though

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Doubles registration will be closing PROMPTLY at 12:00pm (noon), please do not be late because you will not be entered into the bracket. Every is coming to this is from Ohio I believe, so the longest rides will be 2-3 hours, which means there should be no excuse to not make it on time (its not hard to wake up at 8 or so, which is what I'll be doing to get ready for everyone).

Try to get to the venue between 11 and 1130 so we have all the setups up and running and people can eat some food before the tournament starts.

There are only two spots left! King Yoshi has dibs on one of those spots though.

Meese: what is the name of your friend? Or what name/handle will he be using for the tournament?

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
I will be there for Singles Reg, but I need to get to the High St. Gamestop by 1:30 for Street Fighter IV:Round 2, so I will not be participating in doubles.

Hopefully I'll be knocked out or finished by the time that singles starts. If need be I will leave the Street Fighter IV tourney.

Hence

Smash Ace
Is the edge grab rule technically cause for disqualification?
If so, what's the limit? (You said that twenty was your average, but never explained specifically.)
If not, do you just want feedback or information in regards to the Japanese rule?

The ammount of ledge grabs is going to be in the back of my mind the entire game. :(

lou4222

Smash Lord
Is the edge grab rule technically cause for disqualification?
If so, what's the limit? (You said that twenty was your average, but never explained specifically.)
If not, do you just want feedback or information in regards to the Japanese rule?

The ammount of ledge grabs is going to be in the back of my mind the entire game. :(
I have no idea why people freak out to this. People dont even come remotely close to the DQ amount unless you are deliberately planking. Its really really really hard to get 40 or 50 edge grabs. Noone will get DQed tomorrow. Im pretty confident in that.

Top Bottom