• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Game Fest VI - Official Results

huMps

Smash Ace
to M2k and mango. Quit. It's better to just stop than to keep playing but quitting whenever you play someone good. I'm just going by what people are saying. If M2k and mango are really just being surpassed in skill than I retract my previous statement and replace it with - put in that work!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thanks for hosting this, Azn Lep! I'm glad I got to be here(shoutouts later). =)

Also Mango tried games 1 and 2 of WFs and all of GFs. I know these things for sure.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
oh god

please nobody ever put the phrases "dr peepee" and "best player" in the same sentence again

it's not worth it

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
HugS finally beat Shroomed. Good stuff.

Very disappointed to see M2K exit early in M2K Melee standards.

Congrats to PP on another huge victory.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
drpp said:
Also Mango tried games 1 and 2 of WFs and all of GFs. I know these things for sure.
not just from him saying it right? cause him saying otherwise would be a **** move if you were the one asking him anyways

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
FOW went all ness, you can check my post in the ness tournament results page for clarification.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=173418&page=50

Bizkit that 4 hour wait sucked worse for the people actually attending the tournament (I had a 5 hour drive home and other people had upwards of 8-10). Sorry bout the livestream but that's just a reflection of how agonizingly slow and badly the tournament ended for most everyone haha.

Also i think what Edrees said in regards to Shaky and FOW is accurate, it seems that Shaky primarily just wanted confirmation that FOW went ALL ness for his bracket matches. His skepticism is completely justified because prior to this FOW was known for using his high tier secondaries (mk, falco) for the great majority of his difficult matches. However, twas not the case at WGF. Hi Edrees, sad we couldn't team for fun yesterday : (
That's what I'm talking about!!! Chea! So I guess I'm justified. Cuz that's what I'm saying. People be downplaying him without even knowing. lets get it. DLK!!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
fow is so aggressive wtff, imma ride that dong cause i havent seen noone at that high a level be that fun to watch

TheLake

Smash Master
PP is like

the most consistant spacy ever

He only gos falco

cause thats all he kneeeeeds (play on words cause his falcon is dope)

props props

rus s0uL

Smash Apprentice
Time for shoutouts! I wonder why no one's done them yet lol

Pat - Awesome job bro! Tourny & venue was freakin too good. There was so much to do & lots of eye candy haha ;)

Dr. PP - Congrats! You are genuinely a nice guy. I was quite surprised when you were so willing to play friendlies & your cool easy going demeanor during matches. Much respect, unlike other pro smashers who are too egotistical. Your falco raaapes.

Johnny - Good seeing you man. Thanks for the warm up matches, even tho none of them were finished lol.

Replicate - It was fun playing you in tourny, i seriously thought i had the set.. but nope! haha. Hope to play you again.

Stabbedbycool - YOOO good **** for taking care of business ;) you know exactly what i mean lol. Told you there was nothing to it, just remember NO FEAR lol. You did well! Keep me posted yo! Dude how come we never play friendlies lol

Junkimchi - Good seeing you man. You're always the memorable smasher from SD, no idea why lol. Keep up the marth.

Sunny - Sup mr cool guy. I dunno why but our matches are always fun even tourny ones. I love your SD hype crew during our matches lol. Hope to see you again.

KevinTacoz - Thanks for housing me & my friends saturday night. Your place is pretty cool, nice neighborhood.

Pnoy - Hey man good playing you in tourny. It was intense, especially since your giant hype crew had your back. Fun times bro. We'll play again.

MY TJ HOMIES BIMBO & EDDY - Damn, what is it about you two that I like so much?? You two are chill as ****, always looking forward to seeing you guys at any given tourny. Thanks for the hype, "Do it for TJ!" LOL we seriously gotta chill & party it up. You gotta bring TJ to us next time ;)

The Lodge - Thanks for housing us, your couches are comf. Almost got in a fight with some dude who badly wanted my parking spot at 4 AM. hahaha :)

WGF Staff & Volunteers - Thank you for taking the time to run this event. It went so damn smooth. It was fun chatting with many of you, lots of different personalities. See you next year...(right??)

Larry - Definitely a cool guy. Good **** placing so high both games.

Jesse - We meet again lol. Our games were so close, next time!

WILL EDIT & ADD MORE LATER. SORRY IF I MISSED YOU.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Mango sandbagging??

I'd take Dr.PP's word over Mango's.

Mango you should have smoked so you had a "legitimate" john lol.

Anyway, good to see some old faces/smashers. It was fun.

Jem.

Smash Master
Theres no point debating about who is maybe the best in the country or world at melee if thats what is up for grabs.. Mango has probably won the most money in melee since 2007 or so, and has the most impressive wins overall. Mango seems like a weird person, I originally heard he stopped trying because he just wanted to go to tournaments with no pressure. He never seemed like a person who pressure got to him, but I'm not friends with him so I don't know if either things are true. I just know if I were that good, I'd keep wanting to win for myself and for the "Free" money if theoretically Mango is no doubt the best. I'd say let Genesis 2 decide.

I think what impresses me a lot that no one has mentioned yet, did anyone notice Larry got 7th in Melee? For a guy who is never talked about in melee, and to my knowledge doesn't practice melee, he's still doing better than most players who only play Melee. Everyone knows Larry is good at melee but no one ever talks about him in it. M2K gets all the credit for being the multi-game pro, but Larry does it pretty well too!

congrats to everyone who placed, good stuff Zex and Sky too in doubles. Can't wait to see how the northwest stacks up with you guys in singles and doubles at our TP finale early feb :)

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Im sure mango was trying...he was just trying with the wrong character :p

joeplicate

Smash Master
fun-*** tournament

mango's weird about "trying" sometimes, but who gives a fuqk. dr peepee tapped, don't take it away from him.

shoutouts:
sheridan; the man, lemme drive your car soon bro
scarduzzio; surprisingly articulate and involved intellectual
truman; knows geography and is cool
daGishNaK; somehow i beat you in darts ;), super fun playing til 9am haha
around the world; yoooo, that game is so much fun. scar, i was trying my *** off against you so you wouldn't win hahaha. **** bowser in every possible way. my DI and teching is now 3 times better than it was before. also, playing game and watch is pretty rewarding, because it reminds me to stay the **** outta my shield lol

pat; the man with the plan hosting a huge tournament and is cool happens for real (what)
SENG; way to pull through on housing, thank you so so so much. you're an awesome dude, and say hi to e-knock (lol) for me haha

lovage; wearing your hat right now and loving every minute of it <3
mango; i feel lame for not getting to hang out :( (same goes for basically all of socal)
joey; get ***** son =P also feel lame for not hanging out :(
romeo; shoulda hung out more
johnny; <3
jkun; always the homie, wish we got to hang out more
WestBallZ; i heard u killed yourself vs stabbed :( we'll get a rematch someday (and i'll tap this time!) >=]
cathy and kanna; fun saying like 20 words to you both when we went to get boba haha
stabbed; cool guy, good set :) i was playing really good against you. also, dope arm-wrestle haha
hugo; gj beating (the **** out of) dajuan, i'm really happy for you haha. also, great set
zhu; i got ***** by u :O but at least i did good on the last friendly lol <3
fly; omg i heard you got OFF! wish i got to stick around to watch you destroy ****
eddy mexico; representing! your luigi is too awesome
macd; i'm down 4 some macdaddy. wish i could've chilled and watched matches on the projector like we did at genesis hahaha
boback; i <3 you so much hahahahhaha
connor; wtf dude! i wish you came so i could've talked to you
steven; our teamwork is super boss, let's keep at it haha
GERARD MOTHER****ING BAILON: YESSSSSSS <3333333
eric Marsh; it was wonderful seeing you again hahaha, facial hair looks amazing
DunSKies: A Get 'em DunSKieSS!!
russ0ul; good set man, i've lost too many first-rounds to really good ppl like you who are on their game early on in the bracket, and i really didn't wanna drop that set!! haha ggs
SD; good **** sd, cool seeing everybody (rickety, maple, edreese & maple [irvine now?], jun, and more!)
mexico; really glad you guys came up, haven't seen mogX in like 2 years haha. hope you guys had fun. <3

dr peepee; i am soooooooo impressed right now, it's ridiculous
m2k; puttin in work :) you're still one of my favorite players of all time <3
larry; i heard you also got off, good job haha
mikeHAZE; sup lol

to anyone who didn't do as well as they would've liked to this tournament:
don't worry about it =P
i've had like years of not performing as well as i'd have liked to in tournaments, but all it takes is that one good day to make all up for it, or that one good tournament experience to remind you why you like the game :). i'm really happy with how i did this tournament, in case anyone couldn't tell hahaha. my tech skill got a lot better.

also, don't drink a ****load the day before, cause you'll end up feeling like an a$$

and Tag aka Andres!!
i see you at some of these brawl/melee tournaments and i wanna say hi but i'm afraid of u not remembering me :embarrass:

so whassup!

<333 to everybody

D

Deleted member

this tourney was well run but one of my worst tourney experiences ever!!!!

havoks house was amazing

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
I think what impresses me a lot that no one has mentioned yet, did anyone notice Larry got 7th in Melee? For a guy who is never talked about in melee, and to my knowledge doesn't practice melee, he's still doing better than most players who only play Melee. Everyone knows Larry is good at melee but no one ever talks about him in it. M2K gets all the credit for being the multi-game pro, but Larry does it pretty well too!
I know lol. xD He's amazing.

He needs moar hype.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I mentioned it on the first page you clueless clown.
Dang Larry beat LUCKY and SCAR. Larry Lurr is too **** for both game <3
True facts, he should just play all Melee(ot more of it), Falco is too legit.

Staco

Smash Champion
Of course he is also playing melee a lot.
You don´t get that good without playing and putting time into it, srsly.

Top Bottom