• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Winter Smashcon "$400 in Bonus Pots!!!"

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Route to Avoid Parade.

Red=Parade Route Black/Blue= Your route depending on which way you come from.

After Interstate
1.Look for Fremaux Avenue Exit
2.Turn Right onto Fremaux
3.Take the 2nd left onto Eastridge Dr
4. Take the 3rd right onto Gause Blvd
5.Destination will be on the Right. Look for Giant Surf Boards out front.
6.Park where ever you can it is likely that much of the parking will be taken. At which time parking on the side of some strangers lawn is acceptable.

Ohana Pier is the Far Left building in the Strip Mall Facing Towards the Gym.

Taken Directly from Google Maps from New Orleans to Ohana Pier. If your coming from the opposite way you'll need to switch it up a little.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Is the black line the alternate route for those coming from New Orleans, and the red for those coming from I-12?

smash-con

Smash Journeyman
Red=Parade Route Black/Blue= Your route depending on which way you come from. Obviously you need to exit Right then go under the bridge by turning left from the Blue line I just forgot to put that in there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Megabussing to New Orleans and I arrive at 11:59 Saturday night.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Where are you staying? Idk who was supposed to be taking you before, but if they can't, then I'll be close enough to New Orleans to take you.

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well I've never met any of you so I don't suppose I have a preference :awesome:

AFAIK no one is coming with me, but if someone is available to pick me up at midnight and drop me off at some odd time monday(if i just buy an earlier ticket) or tuesday morning, thats best. I grew up in NO, but I haven't been back since Katrina so iono if I'll find much to entertain myself on monday.

Zone

Smash Champion
I work Monday Morning 5:00a.m.

So I'm interested in a estimated time that this tournament will near its end?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It really depends on how many people show up, how many set-ups we have, if we start on time, etc. Though assuming we start Brawl (assuming that's what you are talking about) at 1pm, and we have a 50 person turnout for it, and we didn't have really any interruptions, I'd think we could finish by 10 (not even sure if that late)? It's just an estimate. I've run 30 man tournaments in 5-6 hours with only 3 set-ups. Though in this case we will have 8-10 (I'm assuming) set-ups so moving people along in the bracket won't be that bad. Though it might take longer if we do pools. I'm going to do my best to move the bracket along a quickly as possible.

Zone

Smash Champion
well I got zero interest in brawl.

I'm interested in Melee and MK9

EDIT:
I live 3 hours away, so.. maybe I can come sleep for brawl and someone wake me up for dat melee/mk9 LOL.

that way my sleep schedule will be adjusted so I 'm ready for bed just toward the end of work. rather than the beginning lol.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I don't know how many people will show for MK 9, I can't expect that many, I could be wrong. Melee, I can imagine it'll take a few hours. Though it still depends on the amount of people, set-ups, and those other variables mentioned earlier.

zet@_956

Smash Cadet
I agree with Gunnermaniac, it's been so long since I've played Brawl, and I'm excited to play with tons of people who really know how to play. I bought the game a week ago to get some practice. But playing cpu's suck. Anyhow, I wanna chain grab some peoples here -.-

D

Deleted member

might should point out that there is melee, p:m, and 64 as well.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Pirate Ship (Doubles only), Shadow Moses (Doubles only)

wat
Were you there for one of the last Chinese Inns? For some reason, people wanted to play on Pirate Ship and Shadow Moses during doubles. Since then, I've made it legal and people have enjoyed it.

Top Bottom